Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1JZ into RA28 Questions (Cross-member)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Ozzmosis
Newcomer

February 2005
1JZ into RA28 Questions (Cross-member) Thu, 17 February 2005 06:38 Go to next message
Hello!

I've always liked the RA28, and have decided that I want to obtain one here in Canada, and swap in a 1JZ-GTE.

The question that I have, is there any cross-member modifications that I need to do? I've read the install on the 1G-GTE but have ruled it out due to the fact that I wouldn't be able to find any parts for it here in Canada. I also know that there is sump mods that need to be done on the 1G-GTE. Are those mods all that is needed to make the 1JZ-GTE fit properly?

Also, can someone point me towards a website that has some documentation pictures of the underside? I've seen the pics of Matthew Green's RA23, but need more info.

I currently work at a shop where we specialize in the SR20DET swap into the S13/S14 240SX (as we call them here) and I have no problem with fabrication. I'm mainly just searching for some good info on the swap, and have searched here for the past few days, but there is just too much info to look through...

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions.
  Send a private message to this user    
jeffro RA28
Regular

August 2004
Re: 1JZ into RA28 Questions (Cross-member) Thu, 17 February 2005 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think u need an x member out of a ta-xx car.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZ into RA28 Questions (Cross-member) Thu, 17 February 2005 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Both the 1G and 1JZ are available in front, mid or rear sump configuration, so it's just a matter of getting the correct version to suit your crossmember. And what makes you think parts for the 1JZ will be any easier to find?
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZ into RA28 Questions (Cross-member) Thu, 17 February 2005 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check your PM's, I have outlined the required mods. Good luck,

regards Chuck.
Ozzmosis
Newcomer

February 2005
Re: 1JZ into RA28 Questions (Cross-member) Tue, 01 March 2005 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Thu, 17 February 2005 03:06

Both the 1G and 1JZ are available in front, mid or rear sump configuration, so it's just a matter of getting the correct version to suit your crossmember. And what makes you think parts for the 1JZ will be any easier to find?

Hmmmmmm I thought there was a USDM Toyota that came with the 1JZ... I thought I read somewhere that this was true.

Now I'm not up on my Toyota engine interchange, but what parts interchange between the 1JZ and 2JZ? are N/A and Turbo's the same? I'm mainly talking headgaskets, or water pump... I know I must change the water pump on the 1JZ (to a 2JZ) if I install that, am I correct?

If anyone has any links that would be helpful, please shoot them my way. Smile

Thanks for the reply's!

Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZ into RA28 Questions (Cross-member) Tue, 01 March 2005 08:29 Go to previous message
1. No, the 1JZ was not sold in the US or anywhere else outside Japan.

2. Not much is interchangeable between the 1JZ and 2JZ. If you're referring to bolt-on 2JZ upgrades like turbos and manifolds, they won't work on a 1JZ.

3. NA engines are different again.

4. You don't necessarily have to change the water pump. Some 1JZ's come with a hydraulic pump built into the water pump which drives a hydraulic fan; some people choose to remove this and replace it with a regular water pump from a 2JZ. Not all 1JZ's have the hydraulic fan though.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:CryO2
Next Topic:De-emmissioning a 3TC
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 16:14:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0042519569396973 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.