Toymods » General Car Talk » aw11 widebody expresions of interest

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
subsonicaudio
Regular

July 2004
icon5.gif  aw11 widebody expresions of interest Sun, 27 February 2005 12:19 Go to next message
Just wanting to know if there would be any interested aw11 owners looking for a bodykit? I'm trying to get one of these for my car but the company requires a minimum order of 6 kits before they will consider shipping to australia. The kit is called the karmeleon and has 3 different styls of front bumper.

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=10082

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=10083

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=10084

the kits will cost approx. $6500 (before fitting) which includes front bumper, sideskirts, front quater panel, rear quarter panel, sideskirts, rear bumper, rear boot spoiler, tail lights, tail light trim and wheel spacers. for info go to www.karmeleon.uk.com

Attachment: Karmeleon2.jpg
(Size: 29.42KB, Downloaded 1253 time(s))
Attachment: Karmeleon1.jpg
(Size: 33.74KB, Downloaded 1340 time(s))
Attachment: Karmeleon5.jpg
(Size: 17.94KB, Downloaded 1244 time(s))

Send a private message to this user    
Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: aw11 widebody expresions of interest Sun, 27 February 2005 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's http://www.karmeleon.co.uk/ btw.
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: aw11 widebody expresions of interest Sun, 27 February 2005 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Holy crap thats ugly.
It would be nicer if it just had the sides pumped instead of whoring the front and back like that.
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: aw11 widebody expresions of interest Mon, 28 February 2005 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That yellow one is the ugliest thing I've ever seen done to an AW11.

This is a really serious kit, the fitting time for it is huge.

Good luck.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: aw11 widebody expresions of interest Mon, 28 February 2005 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just vomit on your car...... It would look better and you could make it go fast with the money you saved.
Dirty_Sanchez
Regular

January 2004

Re: aw11 widebody expresions of interest Mon, 28 February 2005 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my eyes! the goggles do nothing!
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: aw11 widebody expresions of interest Mon, 28 February 2005 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just an idea, look into getting the guards on their own, u could adapt them to the normal aw11 shape.

That way maybe it would be more realistic pricing too, and the car would look orignal, but fatter.

or do what jeremy suggested... prolly the best idea Razz
nick.parker
Regular

January 2005
Re: aw11 widebody expresions of interest Tue, 01 March 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

That kit doesn't work for me. Its _totally_ at odds with the style of the car. And it looks incomplete aswell - they should have made a panel to bring the door out to the same as the rest of the body.
vex_aw11
Newcomer

February 2005
Re: aw11 widebody expresions of interest Tue, 01 March 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much is the kit?
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: aw11 widebody expresions of interest Tue, 01 March 2005 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Mon, 28 February 2005 19:29

who the f*ck is Jeremy?

Anyways, I don't think this post was made to discuss how much people don't like it. But to discuss people's interest in a group buy.

I know I'm adding to the discussion by posting this, but I really think the people who don't want this kit (especially those who don't even own aw11's) should keep their mouth shut.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: aw11 widebody expresions of interest Tue, 01 March 2005 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedave wrote on Tue, 01 March 2005 15:42

who the f*ck is Jeremy?

Anyways, I don't think this post was made to discuss how much people don't like it. But to discuss people's interest in a group buy.

I know I'm adding to the discussion by posting this, but I really think the people who don't want this kit (especially those who don't even own aw11's) should keep their mouth shut.

I'm Jeremy.

And I do apologise for contributing, but I just couldn't help it. It looks like something from Need for Speed Underground, i.e. goddam abomination.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: aw11 widebody expresions of interest Tue, 01 March 2005 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedave wrote on Tue, 01 March 2005 15:12

who the f*ck is Jeremy?

The reason ive added my opinion, is because i dont want to pass by an AW11 to see it has a disgusting kit on it!

Have you actually looked around for any other MR2 kits? im sure there wont be many around, but there must be a better one that this. Im sure the japs made something awesome for them, consult them.
Omen
Newcomer

March 2005
Re: aw11 widebody expresions of interest Wed, 02 March 2005 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi there,

I actually like the kit (wow! two people!) and am currently in negotiations with the company to get a kit into OZ.

They will do it, and it looks like I will order one shortly (in the next month or so)

I have also posted a note in forums to see what the reaction was, and got a similar response. I suppose it all depends on individual taste.

Let me know if you are still interested in going ahead, and perhaps we can cut a deal with them for two at least Cool

Luke
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: aw11 widebody expresions of interest Thu, 03 March 2005 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there are some very tasteful ubrunei? widebody kits available, but yes everything is damn exspensive.
WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: aw11 widebody expresions of interest Wed, 09 March 2005 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u mean EREBUNI... spanktown?
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: aw11 widebody expresions of interest Thu, 10 March 2005 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha something that rhymes with that? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: aw11 widebody expresions of interest Fri, 11 March 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No No No No No No
Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: aw11 widebody expresions of interest Mon, 14 March 2005 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I personally think that the AW11 looks pretty good as it is but each to their own.

One thing you need to remember about these kits if you plan on getting one is that they are not a straight fit and require major mods to get on to the car.

As far as I know they cant be removed either.
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: aw11 widebody expresions of interest Mon, 14 March 2005 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe you could look into this kit?

http://www.toyotacarina.de/mr2bericht/speyer9.jpg

http://www.toyotacarina.de/mr2bericht/speyer3.jpg

Still not as nice looking as the standard shape but nicer than the Karmeleon in my opinion.

More info on it is at http://www.toyotacarina.de/mr2bericht/karosse.htm.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: aw11 widebody expresions of interest Tue, 15 March 2005 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That looks better but still not my cup of tea !!

However i would love those deep dish wheels on my beast.

The red one looks good from the rear but i dont like the front sytling.
Omen
Newcomer

March 2005
Re: aw11 widebody expresions of interest Wed, 08 June 2005 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, it looks like one kit is on it's way to OZ. Should arrive in the next few weeks. Smile

Hope to build it over the next few months and do some sort of log of the build, etc.

Donor car:
Converted NA - S/C AW11 '89
Koni susp.
Nevo o/sized pulley kit
Custom exhaust, etc...

Current paint work is ok from a distance, but crowsfooting like crazy, so a good time to do something radical to the bodywork Smile

For anyone interested in this kit, I am more than willing to answer questions about getting it here, etc. Be warned - a fair bit involved, and as mentioned earlier in this thread - will cost the $$$.

PS: Attached some more recent pics sent from the Karmeleon guyz with newer front end...hope they do not mind me posting them Razz

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=12379

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=12380

Attachment: Kit_1.jpg
(Size: 33.49KB, Downloaded 841 time(s))
Attachment: Kit_2.jpg
(Size: 78.34KB, Downloaded 835 time(s))

GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: aw11 widebody expresions of interest Wed, 08 June 2005 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks good....its growing on me Very Happy

i love the wheels what is the size / offset etc

To make the kit work you are going to need some wheels of a similar dimensions what do you intend to use ?

Will be interested in following the process

Regards
Omen
Newcomer

March 2005
Re: aw11 widebody expresions of interest Thu, 09 June 2005 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, those wheels are 19" - not sure of other dimensions...
I do know that they had to fabricate / chop some things to fit them. I will be looking at a similar look for this kit as well, so will see what is possible.

Will keep you posted Smile
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: aw11 widebody expresions of interest Fri, 01 July 2005 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just wondering how this was going, do you have any updates ?
Omen
Newcomer

March 2005
Re: aw11 widebody expresions of interest Fri, 01 July 2005 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry for lack of replies.. Been a busy lad lately.
Yep, Update:

The kit has arrived in OZ. (YAY! The ship didn't sink! Smile ) Just getting it cleared via customs now. Mind you, the price to clear customs SUX BIG TIME. All sorts of 'fees' for this and that (GST, Blah blah etc)

So hopefully, it will be cleared next week. I'll try to take pics as I unpack. I might try to get a site up for those interested in it. Might be more useful from an Aussie perspective.

The additional plan for this one is to go with vertical lift doors (using a heavy duty universal GTF diablo door hinge kit). This kit is also on it's way. So this will make it ever more interesting to fit Razz

Will keep you all posted...

Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: aw11 widebody expresions of interest Fri, 01 July 2005 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joshstix wrote on Mon, 14 March 2005 19:52

Maybe you could look into this kit?

http://www.toyotacarina.de/mr2bericht/speyer9.jpg

Thats more like it!! Nice
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: aw11 widebody expresions of interest Fri, 01 July 2005 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh i like the look of that one much better! the front bar is still too chunky imo, but the karmeleon is crap, and too expensive!
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: aw11 widebody expresions of interest Fri, 01 July 2005 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Moving this to general since the original poster no longer owns an MR2 and the thread has moved to a discussion of widebody MR2's in general.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: aw11 widebody expresions of interest Fri, 01 July 2005 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know a few people that like the Karmeleon kit.

personaly i thihk the Karmeleon looks better than the widebody kit joshstix posted, it just needs a few changes to be of my total likeing though.

oh what i could do with a heap of urethane foam and a fibrelgass on another aw11 shell... Evil or Very Mad
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: aw11 widebody expresions of interest Sat, 02 July 2005 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pitty you did'nt have the $$$ for that one near me dude.
Omen
Newcomer

March 2005
Re: aw11 widebody expresions of interest Sun, 10 July 2005 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi all,

For those interested, I have just created a quick site for this whole OZ Karmeleon build project and dubbed it the 'HyBrid' project.

http://www.hybridproject.net

This site will track the progress of the whole build and hopefully document it from start to finish (or close to finish - these things are always a work in progress, right? Rolling Eyes )

Note that it is just a quick site, and it might have some bugs in it. Also, the host is a little slow, so until I get a chance to shift it across to another, this may also be an issue. Hope to fix that in the next few days.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: aw11 widebody expresions of interest Sun, 10 July 2005 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Omen wrote on Sun, 10 July 2005 11:16

This site will track the progress of the whole build and hopefully document it from start to finish (or close to finish - these things are always a work in progress, right? Rolling Eyes )

couldnt agree more when it comes to body modifications. i dont know when i will actually finish mine to when i am happy. sometimes i feel i want to start again with a slightly different approach (though still on very simular lines that i have now).
another body to play with would be awesome, i better check my lotto numbers. Razz
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: aw11 widebody expresions of interest Sun, 10 July 2005 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Sun, 10 July 2005 14:30

[another body to play with would be awesome

Come on Feral, cant you amuse yourself anymore.... Laughing
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: aw11 widebody expresions of interest Sun, 10 July 2005 15:36 Go to previous message
Feral, move down this way and you can play with the rolla when it comes1!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4AGZE's in Melbourne?
Next Topic:J-tuned AE86 is out of the paint shop!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 14:27:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0085740089416504 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.