Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » What clutch plate?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
chris185
Occasional Poster

February 2005
icon9.gif  What clutch plate? Tue, 01 March 2005 06:30 Go to next message
Sad
Hello there everybody,
Having problems with the clutch, I have an ST185 (1990).At the beginning when I took off really hard ( I think ) It produced a burning smell and I think it's got something to do with the clutch so I eased off for awhile till I had to do it again just to feel that quick take off ( again that burning smell). So after a couple of months, I was just driving normally until I come to a stop light when I was about to engage it into gear,it just won't go in !!!I had to kill the engine and then engage it from there it seems to be okay again, check the fluid just to make sure, it's still full. I figured the clutch is giving up. Now for my question,,,,, what has happened to the clutch during that time and if it is the plate would you guys recommend? on a $1500 budget? and how much would they normally cost parts and labour? I appreciate all the help I can get as I do not want to be ripped off?

Thanks in Advance
Chris

[Updated on: Tue, 01 March 2005 06:32]

Send a private message to this user    
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: What clutch plate? Tue, 01 March 2005 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
same thing happened to my car duno wat was wrong with it.. but i was just about to do a conversion neway.. dunon bout the 185 but my m8s gtir which is 4wd also so should be similar cost him 1100 with labour and parts
chris185
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: What clutch plate? Tue, 01 March 2005 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
G'day Berad,
Which shop did you get yours fixed? Did you have a clutch plate replacement? If so what type?
Ta mate.
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: What clutch plate? Tue, 01 March 2005 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he got a exedy heavy duty clutch with a bigger pressure plate etc etc.. cant tell you where he went ill ask him
chris185
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: What clutch plate? Tue, 01 March 2005 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool cool, thanks Surprised
Celica_John
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: What clutch plate? Tue, 01 March 2005 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
check to see if the slave is leaking.. . ?
chris185
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: What clutch plate? Tue, 01 March 2005 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
slave not leaking, thanks john
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: What clutch plate? Tue, 01 March 2005 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
May not be leaking and draining fluid but could be the internal seal on the piston. Wifes laser did the same thing (not engage) not a sceric of fluid to be seen, sometimes working, sometimes not. Turned out to be the master cyl seal. Should only need a seal kit if thats the prob. (BTW the laser didn't have a seal kit, $185 for a new master cyl Shocked )
chris185
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: What clutch plate? Tue, 01 March 2005 22:06 Go to previous message
Smile Thanks 'clubagreenie' I'll have that checked out and I hope that they have seal kits for my car?! Sorry to hear 'bout your wife's laser Sad And I'll keep posting this thread of any progress) Thanks again.
And thanks for everybody's help.

ps. if there's any information regarding clutch plates? Please let me know 'cos that burning smell that it creates doesn't sound (smell) Rolling Eyes so good.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1GGTE exhaust manifold gasket??
Next Topic:W58 info
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 19:29:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0040140151977539 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.