Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Engines, Accessories and other Mechanicals » 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY ***

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Sat, 15 January 2005 06:49 Go to next message
as posted in a previous thread, these bellhousings will let you use a w55-59 behind your phat hi-po 4A-G/Z/T/E, etc, so you'll never lunch another t50 again!!

these line straight up, no dicking around, unlike the dellow adapter plate, which never does...plus this is cheaper by $125.

the clutch slave on these is located on the drivers side, away from the exhaust for any 4AG* engine.

the starter motor is in the original 4A position, on the passengers side.

any 4A flywheel can be used apart from the 4AGZE one. that includes: 4A-C, 4A-GE 86kw, 4A-GE 100kw, and both 4A-GE20v flywheels.

use standard 4A spigot bearing.

use the w5* slave, shift fork, and thrust bearing with these.

you will need a clutch disc to suit your flywheel size/input shaft.

http://www.users.bigpond.com/steveg101/bell4aw5.jpghttp://www.users.bigpond.com/steveg101/bell4aw5a.jpghttp://www.users.bigpond.com/steveg101/bell4aw5b.jpg

ok, finally, here's where it's at:

if i can get 5 ppl, they're $450 each.

if i can get 10 ppl, they're $400 each.

shipping will be $20 anywhere in Australia.

i need half cash now, half when they get to my place. then, i'll send them out. it usually takes around a month and a half to get them from the day i order them. i wont order any until i get a definate number, so if you have mates that might want them, get their cash to get your bellhousing quicker Razz

there should be no reason for anyone to ask any questions, as i think i've explained everything there is to know. i'd like to keep this thread as tidy as possible, with registrations of interest.

people who have bought these in the past from me include:

TE72_Turbo
Twinky
D1Envy

as well as other non-forum ppl, all with great response so far.

as soon as i click submit topic, i'll PM some previously interested parties from the old thread, and would like some sort of confirmation if they are still keen.

-------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------
definates:

purple_people_eater_1
c2888
boudan
chrizer
Rallystanza
Sparkle86

-------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------

4 more

Thanks all
Steve

[Updated on: Sun, 16 January 2005 00:37]

Send a private message to this user    
purple_people_eater_1
Regular

June 2003
Re: GROUP BUY 4A to W5* bellhousings Sat, 15 January 2005 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for the Pm steve. I'll take one.

I've posted in a thread in the tech section reguarding the group buy, in which someone was asking about certain other products which people were having problems with for the W5*- 4a set up.

Thanks Kieran
c2888
Regular

May 2002

Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Sat, 15 January 2005 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm wanting one of those bellhousings. There's a Trueno I wanna catch, and it's not easy when you have to granny shift. Mad

dodgydan
i'm so lazy
optionUP
Regular

February 2003
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Sat, 15 January 2005 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

any 4A flywheel can be used apart from the 4AGZE one. that includes: 4A-C, 4A-GE 86kw, 4A-GE 100kw, and both 4A-GE20v flywheels

...so what's the maximum diameter (in mm) flywheel that will fit?

Cheers
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Sat, 15 January 2005 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
optionUP wrote on Sun, 16 January 2005 00:00

Quote:

any 4A flywheel can be used apart from the 4AGZE one. that includes: 4A-C, 4A-GE 86kw, 4A-GE 100kw, and both 4A-GE20v flywheels

...so what's the maximum diameter (in mm) flywheel that will fit?

Cheers

it's the clutch that differs in diameter. they come in 200mm and 212mm.

seeing that all these flywheels have the same outer diameter, your question is irrelevant. the ring gear is the outermost part of the 4A flywheel, and seeing that this is the same on all 4A flywheels...

the reason a 4A-GZE one doesn't fit is due to the blocks stuck all around the outer edge that protrude around 25mm toward the back of the car.

if i'm wrong, i'll eat my words Razz
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Sat, 15 January 2005 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah steve im in for one also.

Keep us posted.

Thanks mate.

Jezza
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Sat, 15 January 2005 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, 5 was easy...

purple_people_eater_1
c2888
boudan
chrizer
Rallystanza

lets go for more for a better deal...
boudan
Regular

June 2003
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Sun, 16 January 2005 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Great I made the list, thx!

What sort of time line are we looking at before the first deposit is required? Or does that depend on filling another 5 orders?

Thanks again.
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Sun, 16 January 2005 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the way i see it, we give it a week, then go for it. i mean shit...it took overnight to get the 5...
Sparkle86
Occasional Poster

December 2002
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Sun, 16 January 2005 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ill be in on the deal as well please!

Thanks Aaron
optionUP
Regular

February 2003
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Sun, 16 January 2005 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry about my lack of technical knowledge re flywheels/clutches - I'm not much of a mechanic.

Still, on the subject of clutch sizes, how come some people in this thread here talk about using a 225 or 230 mm clutch:

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=56278&start=0&rid=2051&S=e53369306b7 7090b786126c84a0b24c9

Seems the Niteparts bellhousing can take this bigger size clutch?

Is there any way a 4AGZ clutch could be made to work with the bellhouing on offer in this thread, or is your only option getting custom made stuff like mrshin in the linked thread?

Look, I'm not trying to lead this thread off topic - I am interested, but just wanna know what options I would have for the clutch if I bought one of these.

[Updated on: Sun, 16 January 2005 09:00]

Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Mon, 17 January 2005 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve-AE86 wrote on Sat, 15 January 2005 17:19

there should be no reason for anyone to ask any questions, as i think i've explained everything there is to know. i'd like to keep this thread as tidy as possible, with registrations of interest.

thanks...

to answer your questions, the 225 and 230mm clutches are 4AGZE ones...that's why i stated that these dont fit.

you can use them if you file/grind out a small amount of the bellhousing, but it's not recommended.

seems Niteparts are also nearly twice the price...and harder to get hold of Rolling Eyes

also, i would want the deposit as soon as i know how many people - ie how much it's going to cost.

cheers
steve
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Tue, 18 January 2005 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump...tell your friends Very Happy
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Wed, 19 January 2005 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so far at 6 people, its going to be $450each lads... Rolling Eyes
optionUP
Regular

February 2003
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Wed, 19 January 2005 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Errrrm,
alright, put me down for one. I hassled you enough, s'pose I better. Very Happy
That makes 7. 3 to go...
triggboy
Regular

January 2004
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Wed, 19 January 2005 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe it was all the fast and furious on tellie last night Very Happy , but i've convinced myself i need one of these...

sign me up
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Wed, 19 January 2005 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice one triggboy, JUST 3 MORE CMON!

Jezza

Bump
drift86levin
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Wed, 19 January 2005 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohh...alright you've twisted my arm.... Rolling Eyes put me down for one..and give me till the end of the day..i might grab another!! (friend) Very Happy
drift86levin
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Thu, 20 January 2005 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
**update**

i'll take 2!! Shocked Very Happy
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Thu, 20 January 2005 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CMMMOOOONNNN!

Laughing
Sparkle86
Occasional Poster

December 2002
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Thu, 20 January 2005 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats 10 right? Excellent Evil or Very Mad

So when are we placing the order and where do you want the money Steve?
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Fri, 21 January 2005 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sik. i'll shoot off an email now for him to hold them for us.

now all i need is $200 from each of you($400 if your name is driftlevin:P), i'll PM my bank details to you. as soon as i have all the cash, i'll send it off to him, and then....YAY!! Very Happy

PM's sent to:

drift86levin
triggboy
optionUP
Sparkle86
purple_people_eater_1
c2888
boudan
chrizer
Rallystanza

cheers lads
steve
Twinky
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Sun, 23 January 2005 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it to late to put me down for another one?? My dads mate wants one for his sprinter.

cheers,
John
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Mon, 24 January 2005 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rex'll ask around at work...
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Mon, 24 January 2005 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John: no worries, you still got the account details, or you want them again?

RexCorp Laughing : funny krunt aren't you....
Twinky
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Mon, 24 January 2005 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh can you forward them again please.

So $200 deposit?
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Mon, 24 January 2005 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve: Deposited money today, just now in fact. Should be there tommorrow.

PM sent also

Cheers

Jezza

[Updated on: Mon, 24 January 2005 22:52]

MYT-16V
Occasional Poster

December 2002
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Tue, 25 January 2005 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve is it too late to order one, if not pm me your account details i'll take one for sure. thanks dude.
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Wed, 26 January 2005 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
these have been ordered, and i am expecting them within a month and a half.

MYT-16V, i asked for an extra, so if he can get it to me, he'll let me know in the next couple days...you may be in luck.

i'll try to keep you posted, either way, expect bellhousings soonish lads.

cheers
steve

Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Wed, 26 January 2005 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweeeeeet.

Merry oz day lads! Very Happy

Jezza
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Thu, 27 January 2005 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MYT-16V: you have one secured!

Henn: so do you!

there is a possibility of 1 more, so if anyone wants it, they have until monday to tell me. after that, there is no more!

cheers
steve

Very Happy
D1-SPEC
Regular

May 2004
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Sat, 29 January 2005 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey i think i need one of these do i just get a t58 gear box and change bell housings and thats it all done... can i use my clutch and fly wheel...?
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Sat, 29 January 2005 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude read the first post. It tells you everything.

You need one.

Jezza
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Sun, 30 January 2005 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn it!!

do u think ul be doing this again in the near future??
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Tue, 01 February 2005 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to be honest, no.

i can secure one offs, at a cost of $500each.
TG86
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Sun, 20 February 2005 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is this Groupbuy still active?
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Sun, 20 February 2005 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The group buy at the moment is a work in progress.

As in we have paid our deposits and are just waiting the final payment and product.

So effectively i think the group buy itself is over but as in above posts you can secure the housings at a one off order for $500.

Cant wait for mine....

Whats the progress anyway Steve?

Jezza
TG86
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Sun, 20 February 2005 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve,
Can i still catch up? Rolling Eyes
TG86
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Mon, 21 February 2005 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is Steve still around? Rolling Eyes
TG86
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Fri, 25 February 2005 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is Steve still around? Does anyone know how to get intouch with him?
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Mon, 28 February 2005 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry, the group buy has finished. the bellhousings are currently on their way from overseas.

and...yes, i'm still here. Rolling Eyes
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Mon, 28 February 2005 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
got anymore deve?

i'll need one.
purple_people_eater_1
Regular

June 2003
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Tue, 01 March 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NOTE: this group buy has finished. Steve has gone out of his way and Im sure will be glade the group buy has finished.
Thanks mate you have done a great job this far. Cant wait to get mine bolted up! Smile

Best place to find one is posting in the wanted to buy section.
or contacting niteparts or dellows for something simillar to these belhousings.

Cheers Kieran
KE20 4agte in progress
TG86
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Tue, 01 March 2005 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well anyway, i just hope that there will be someone who would sell their bell soon. Sad
Sparkle86
Occasional Poster

December 2002
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Wed, 16 March 2005 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any word yet steve?
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Thu, 17 March 2005 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shouldn't be too much longer, lads. they're definately on their way. i spoke to the supplier just a few days ago.

cheers for your patience.
steve

Twinky
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Sat, 16 April 2005 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whats happening with my housing steve?? Its been ages and havent heard anything??

Cheers,
John
purple_people_eater_1
Regular

June 2003
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Sat, 16 April 2005 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a progress report would be cool, really keen to get mine! Very Happy

mobile 0415677745
Sparkle86
Occasional Poster

December 2002
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Sat, 23 April 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Must be on the slow boat hey Laughing
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Sat, 23 April 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah cmon steve a simple update would be really good!
Rolling Eyes
Jezza
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Sat, 23 April 2005 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As far as I know Steve is in the Gold Coast for a week and a half.
So he probably has no access to the net.

boudan
Regular

June 2003
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Sun, 24 April 2005 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

haha, well atleast we know our money is being spent in a nice place Wink
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Mon, 02 May 2005 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, some news finally!!

they're here, so, later tonight, i'll PM everyone my bank details, and as soon as i get the balance of what's owed, i'll send them out.

and yes, i've been on holidays for the last couple of weeks since the drift nats in melb, with no net access...pita for sure.

cheers
steve

Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Tue, 03 May 2005 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remainder of my cash is deposited. Look forward to getting this thing.

Thanks for the group buy steve,

Jezza
Sparkle86
Occasional Poster

December 2002
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Fri, 06 May 2005 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The rest of my dollars have been deposited too.

Thanks for your trouble Steve.

Aaron
chrizer
Regular

October 2003
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Sat, 07 May 2005 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Me too. Very Happy
Cheers Steve
boudan
Regular

June 2003
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Sat, 07 May 2005 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
steve,

Let me know if you got my pm about the transfer..

Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Sun, 08 May 2005 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
boudan, yes i did.

someone else also didn't give a toymods nick in the reference, so now i'm trying to find out who to send bellhousings to.

but most will leave tomorrow morning, monday.

cheers
steve

triggboy
Regular

January 2004
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Sun, 08 May 2005 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that was probly me Embarassed wasn't payin attention when the bank teller asked. but the surname 'trigg' and toymod nick 'triggboy' hopefully didn't cause too much confusion.

thanks again
purple_people_eater_1
Regular

June 2003
Re: 4A to W5* bellhousings ***GROUP BUY *** Sun, 08 May 2005 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
I sent you a Pm steve hope you got it, this week is gonna be awsome I get my gearbox,clutch n flywheel and belhousing Surprised
pretty sure my nick name was in the deposit details. Mine is the tassie address.

Smiling from ear to ear, thanks again steve!
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Donor engine for SPRINTER (100kw 4AGE engine)
Next Topic:FREE 4AC engine!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:34:00 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010749101638794 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.