Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » ae86 idle issues .... Ideas?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
rxbenny
Regular

November 2004
ae86 idle issues .... Ideas? Tue, 01 March 2005 14:55 Go to next message
Hi All

Serviced my ae86 on sunday swapped the oil filter, fuel filter, plugs and changed the oil.

I also used some throttle body cleaner on the inside of the throttle bodyand followed the instructions on the can.

The car started fine and i drove it to the local diy car wash and washed the engine bay from top to bottom with their engine bay cleaner then high pressure soap and then high pressure rinse
car started fine and drove home about a k away

Now the deal is that when the engine gets to operating temp and all
it will stall on idle after about 5-10 seconds and when you blip the throttle it runs like normal then until you get back to idle where it promplty dies and is a b itch to start and there is the smell of fuel.

First i thought it was a vacuum line being knocked off when i washed the engine bay searched all over for it everything seems to be in the right spots and no loose lines

then i thought maybe i didn't clean out the throttle body well enough and all i did was disloge some dirt and now it has clogged something

at the moment i have increased the idle with the idle up screw and now it dies one in 10 times but that is with me driving with that in mind idle is now about 1200rpm original is about 800rpm

noticed that the plugs are quite black with a really white insulator and grey looking
electrode

I have since put back in the old plugs with no change.

Also my exhaust is making a strange vibration betwween 2k and 4k which i am getting sorted out tommorrow.

I am going to get a leakdown test done tomorrow also.

when the exhaust has been repaired and provided the leakdown test is ok

I will take off the manifold and tb to clean thoroughly and reassemble using silicone sealant to make sure it is not loosing vacuum there.

Am i going along the right track ?

Can Throttle body Cleaner fuck up your o2 sensor?

AE86 4AGE big port motor
oil used now is 10w40 repco brand semi synthetic
repco oil filter
repco fuel filter

Cheers for any positive feedback

Ben

[Updated on: Tue, 01 March 2005 14:58]

Send a private message to this user    
micksprint
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: ae86 idle issues .... Ideas? Tue, 01 March 2005 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey dude i had a similar prob after the old high pressure gun in tha engine bay trick.
although my prob was whenever tha boost was 0> the engine would miss,, had me fkd for few days.. result: there was a build up of water around the bottom of one of the spark plugs!!
air compressor did tha trick..
rxbenny
Regular

November 2004
Re: ae86 idle issues .... Ideas? Wed, 02 March 2005 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers for the tip dude i will check that right away
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: ae86 idle issues .... Ideas? Wed, 02 March 2005 00:27 Go to previous message
Yeah the seals on the spark plug leads arnt crash hot, you probably got water in there.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:celica 75 vs 78 turnsignals?
Next Topic:1jz in an ra28?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 20:19:31 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0042769908905029 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.