Toymods » Tech & Conversions » CelicaSupra Original manufacturers specs

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
CelicaSupra Original manufacturers specs Mon, 28 February 2005 14:32 Go to next message
Hi all

Completing an application to modify my Supra and need a few manuafacturers specs for GA61 which I've been unable to find on the net.
Perhaps those with the knowledge or a CS manual can help?!

Just need to know the original manufacturers wheel track?

I think I can complete the rest myself.
or if anyone wants to provide some links to CS spec pages, I can check on some of my other answers.
ps. The Mk2 Celica should be the same hey? Maybe someone knows that info??

Thanks
Damo
TRD 83
  Send a private message to this user    
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: CelicaSupra Original manufacturers specs Wed, 02 March 2005 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Perhaps someone has some details on the RA60?? or MA61? should all be the same...

please help - this is the only question holding back the application Confused

Damo
TRD 83
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: CelicaSupra Original manufacturers specs Wed, 02 March 2005 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just get your tape measure out and get a rough estimate. How thoroughly do you think they are going to check the paperwork?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: CelicaSupra Original manufacturers specs Wed, 02 March 2005 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skip wrote on Wed, 02 March 2005 12:56

Just get your tape measure out and get a rough estimate. How thoroughly do you think they are going to check the paperwork?

Pretty thoroughly if you kill someone in an accident.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: CelicaSupra Original manufacturers specs Wed, 02 March 2005 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The track will vary as a function of the offset of the rims fitted to each model. I would not necessarily expect a MA61 to be the same as a GA61 or even RA60, given the fact that the rims differ between models.

You should be able to work backwards from MA61 specs, by using track and offset to get distance between wheel mounting surfaces on each axle, then apply the std spec rims for a GA61, as listed on a EPC, to get its track.

Example:

My RA23 has as std, 32mm offset steel rims on a track of 1310mm (rear axle), axle width is 1310 + 32 + 32 = 1374mm.

My 15 x 6 Soarer rims have an offset of 20mm, so the new track with these rims fitted is 1374mm - 20 - 20 = 1334mm, and just by sheer good management, this is only a 24mm increase over std, making it legal here in WA.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: CelicaSupra Original manufacturers specs Wed, 02 March 2005 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ra23celica wrote on Wed, 02 March 2005 14:50

My RA23 has as std, 32mm offset steel rims on a track of 1310mm (rear axle), axle width is 1310 + 32 + 32 = 1374mm.

My 15 x 6 Soarer rims have an offset of 20mm, so the new track with these rims fitted is 1374mm - 20 - 20 = 1334mm, and just by sheer good management, this is only a 24mm increase over std, making it legal here in WA.

Umm, your maths is way out.

If axle with is 1310, then track is 1310 - 32 - 32 = 1246

With +20 rims, you have 12mm more track per side or 1246 + 12 + 12 = 1270

But yes, its still under the 25mm for WA.

Incedently, xA61 Celica XX/Supras came with +27, +20 and +8 rims from factory.
This gives a legal range of +27 to -4 for offsets in WA
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: CelicaSupra Original manufacturers specs Wed, 02 March 2005 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I beg to differ....

I have measured a RA23 axle off the car, with straight edges across the wheel mounting faces, and got 1375mm.

I've measured from centre of tread to centre of tread across the rear axle of my RA23 with std rims and original size tyres and come up with 1310mm.

Toyota and Wheels list the rear track of a RA23/28 as 1310mm.

The std steel rims 14 x 5.5 have 32 stamped on them with the size code and I have measured the backspacing at 117mm, meaning that the centre of the rim, is 32mm behind the wheel mounting surface. Behind moves it inboard (from 1374mm, down by 32mm each side, giving the track of 1310mm).

I'm not going to start the negative/positive offset argument again, its about as bad as the chopped springs 'discussions'.

Cheers,
Mitch.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: CelicaSupra Original manufacturers specs Wed, 02 March 2005 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Wed, 02 March 2005 17:56

If axle with is 1310

I did say the *width* was 1374mm, the *track* is 1310mm.

[Updated on: Wed, 02 March 2005 07:14]

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: CelicaSupra Original manufacturers specs Wed, 02 March 2005 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ra23celica wrote on Wed, 02 March 2005 14:50

My mistake, I read what I have in bold as one statement.
Ignore my previous post.

Also, on a side note, is axle width mount face to mount face?
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: CelicaSupra Original manufacturers specs Wed, 02 March 2005 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MA61 Factory Specs

Front track: 1465mm
Rear Track: 1425mm
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: CelicaSupra Original manufacturers specs Wed, 02 March 2005 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No worries. Anyway - we have given enough info for Damo to work out what he needs to know.

And then I might just find tonight that I have an original MA/GA61 brouchure at home somewhere.....

I used 'axle width' as a lazy typist's replacement for 'wheel mounting surface face to wheel mounting surface face' but I doubt that that is the proper technical definition for it. Still, when people use 1410mm for Sprinter and Hilux's and 1380mm for Hiaces etc, it gives some form of comparison.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: CelicaSupra Original manufacturers specs Wed, 02 March 2005 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Wed, 02 March 2005 18:22

MA61 Factory Specs

OK - is it 8mm offset on the 14 x 7 MA61 alloy's ?

Then 'axle widths' are - 1481mm front and 1441mm rear.

Now we just need the offset of the std GA61 rims.
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: CelicaSupra Original manufacturers specs Wed, 02 March 2005 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

FWIW: And from memory, in the spots where they asked hard questions like this, I just wrote "standard" or similar. They're only interested in what you're modding. I made the mistake of mentioning the factory LSD - and the forms that came back seem to go on about a modified LSD.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: CelicaSupra Original manufacturers specs Wed, 02 March 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ra23celica wrote on Wed, 02 March 2005 15:26

BlackSupra wrote on Wed, 02 March 2005 18:22

MA61 Factory Specs

OK - is it 8mm offset on the 14 x 7 MA61 alloy's ?

Then 'axle widths' are - 1481mm front and 1441mm rear.

Now we just need the offset of the std GA61 rims.

+20 for alloy (15x6)
+27 for steel (14x5.5)
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: CelicaSupra Original manufacturers specs Wed, 02 March 2005 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Celia-Sue wrote on Wed, 02 March 2005 15:28

FWIW: And from memory, in the spots where they asked hard questions like this, I just wrote "standard" or similar. They're only interested in what you're modding. I made the mistake of mentioning the factory LSD - and the forms that came back seem to go on about a modified LSD.

I think the word 'factory' or 'stock' came up many many times in my one.

Even my manual conversion I listed as 'factory' as in parts of the world, it was factory.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: CelicaSupra Original manufacturers specs Wed, 02 March 2005 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't doubt that writing down 'factory', 'standard' or 'stock' will get you past most inspectors, but speaking from my own experience when I got my RA23 1G-GZE across the pits (successfully) this week, they will only accept factory/stock/std for vehicles that were originally sold in Australia. A GA61 does not qualify for this.

And if you are fitting different rims from stock they will want the original numbers to check the track increase.

Given the axle widths above and steel rims on a GA61 then the tracks are 1427mm front and 1387mm rear.
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: CelicaSupra Original manufacturers specs Wed, 02 March 2005 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Woohoo - some knowledgable peoples!! Very Happy

Unfortunately, most is over my head Rolling Eyes .. not to mention the fact I have no idea what the offset of my Simmons wheels are?!, I'd have to pull them off... or maybe measure them.

Peewee... it might be easier if I come around sometime - maybe this long weekend if you are free at some stage, and we can just measure it instead of guestimating?!...
Let me know if thats ok?...

Then we can post the results for everyone to see!! and anyone else that may be interested Smile

If they are as thorough as Mitch says, then it could pay to get it all right...

ps. my car was originally fitted with the 15x6 alloy wheels.. I'd use this as the "standard" measurement, as I'm sure it will vary the least?...

Dam.. all this confusion over the wheels when its the engine I'm changing!! I can see this is gonna be just the start of the headaches!
Mitch - is it worth it in the end?? having it all engineered and that to shove in the cops face! Cool

Damo
TRD 83
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: CelicaSupra Original manufacturers specs Wed, 02 March 2005 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Wed, 02 March 2005 15:22

MA61 Factory Specs

I just measured

Front track: 1505mm
Rear Track: 1435mm

With the 15x6 +20's.

So something is well fucked.

Yes Damo, come over one day this weekend.

We shall measure.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: CelicaSupra Original manufacturers specs Wed, 02 March 2005 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that what is written on my engineers certificate as being the factory measures.
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: CelicaSupra Original manufacturers specs Wed, 02 March 2005 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys I submitted my papers about 3 weeks ago. How long will it take before I get a response?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: CelicaSupra Original manufacturers specs Wed, 02 March 2005 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got mine back in under 3 weeks IIRC.

Yours should be back soon.

I also did mine PRE conversion, like you should have.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: CelicaSupra Original manufacturers specs Wed, 02 March 2005 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My paperwork took 4 weeks. And yes, mine was pre-conversion.

As part of my inspection this week I spoke to the Vehicle Safety Branch and the bloke there said that these days over 80% of mod approval requests are being sent back because they are incomplete and lacking the requested information.

Surely someone must have an old Wheels magazine with at least the MA61 track spec's in it somewhere....????

And Damo, yes IMHO, its worth it to get every bit of engineering done 100% properly and pofessionally at the time. Cops and Inspectors look at us (vehicle modders) the same way as we look at mechanics we choose to work on our cars. If we look rough and are sloppy with details they will look harder for faults. If you have been thorough and professional and taken care of even the smallest details (like the correct paperwork), they will think you have been like that completely with your car. Whether you have or not only you will know, but you have to drive the thing on public roads, and if you and another member of the public come to grief together it will be you doing the explaining to the judge.....

Its up to you in the end, but to me a car is to be driven, especially one you have poured heart and money into, and a yellow sticker and constant hassles with the cops, defeat that purpose completely.....

Cheers,
Mitch.

Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: CelicaSupra Original manufacturers specs Wed, 02 March 2005 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there must be a site somewhere that lists sizes and weights and mesurements and things like that for #A6# celica supras
cuz i've been dying to find out if my mates SA63 ST weighs more than my SA63 XT.
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: CelicaSupra Original manufacturers specs Wed, 02 March 2005 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Wed, 02 March 2005 20:49

Meh ill be alright, im a mechanical engineer Laughing
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: CelicaSupra Original manufacturers specs Thu, 03 March 2005 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skip wrote on Thu, 03 March 2005 07:35

And?
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: CelicaSupra Original manufacturers specs Thu, 03 March 2005 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skip wrote on Thu, 03 March 2005 10:35

Hey, Skip. Wouldja mind emailing me an inspection report on my car Very Happy
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: CelicaSupra Original manufacturers specs Thu, 03 March 2005 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Thu, 03 March 2005 08:25

Skip wrote on Thu, 03 March 2005 07:35

And?

And you is a dong.

Quote:

Hey, Skip. Wouldja mind emailing me an inspection report on my car

I could do that Justin but it won't be of any use to you.
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: CelicaSupra Original manufacturers specs Thu, 03 March 2005 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skip wrote on Thu, 03 March 2005 12:37

I could do that Justin but it won't be of any use to you.

Sheeeesh, you mean I gotta forge EVERYYTHING myself Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Thu, 03 March 2005 02:56]

ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: CelicaSupra Original manufacturers specs Thu, 03 March 2005 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have just checked Wheels and Modern Motor 1984 issues and they both list the same spec's as above for the MA61: 1465mm front, 1425mm rear.

Just to get this thread back off hi-jack mode too !
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: CelicaSupra Original manufacturers specs Thu, 03 March 2005 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll remeasure my cars track with Damo some time.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: CelicaSupra Original manufacturers specs Thu, 03 March 2005 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Fri, 04 March 2005 00:01

I'll remeasure my cars track with Damo some time.

Bah, I forgot my handbook last night. In that, it listed the track for 3 tyre sizes and with/without flares.

I can't get back to a computer till Thursday, so PM me Damo, and I'll get them then

Cheers

Michael B
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: CelicaSupra Original manufacturers specs Fri, 04 March 2005 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey thanks Mitch!
and thanks to everyone else. Smile
Might still head over to Peewee's place to measure up and see what we get.. I still need to check my current track as well as the factory spec anyway..

I'll let you all know the findings...

Cheers
Damo
TRD 83
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: CelicaSupra Original manufacturers specs Fri, 04 March 2005 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't thank me big boy, it looks like bbaacchhyy will have what you need in an official way better than I can sort out these numbers.
Cheers mate.
Mitch.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: CelicaSupra Original manufacturers specs Fri, 04 March 2005 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The 1985 Supra Brochure has tread width as

Front: 1445mm
Rear: 1415mm

Since this is the only one with 15x6's, that is the one to use.

Is tread width the same as track?
Track is centre of tread to centre of tread.
What is tread width?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: CelicaSupra Original manufacturers specs Fri, 04 March 2005 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tread width is the same as track.

How could me measurements be so far off?

I'm getting an extra 60mm at the front, and 20mm at the rear.

Hmmm, will remeasure tonight.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: CelicaSupra Original manufacturers specs Fri, 04 March 2005 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe your tape measure has shrunk. Did you leave it in the wash?
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: CelicaSupra Original manufacturers specs Fri, 04 March 2005 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or did you spend $5k on suspension?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: CelicaSupra Original manufacturers specs Fri, 04 March 2005 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Fri, 04 March 2005 14:44

Maybe your tape measure has shrunk. Did you leave it in the wash?

Maybe it has flare envy?
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: CelicaSupra Original manufacturers specs Thu, 10 March 2005 15:03 Go to previous message
CrUZsida wrote on Fri, 04 March 2005 11:12

The 1985 Supra Brochure has tread width as

Front: 1445mm
Rear: 1415mm

Since this is the only one with 15x6's, that is the one to use.

bbaacchhyy wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005

With 205/60/70VR15 tyres, Front Track = 1440mm, & Rear Track = 1400mm.

Those figures are from the Celica Supra glovebox owners manual from 1983. If need be, I can copy the pics if you need to

Cheers

Michael B

Still discrepency's.. even between CelicaSupra manuals?!
Comments... ?

Regards
Damo
TRD 83
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4age engine specs and best for AE86
Next Topic:3tgteu clutch upgrade
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 02:04:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.089724063873291 seconds