Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
redgti2
Occasional Poster

November 2002
turbo manifolds Sun, 24 November 2002 05:02 Go to next message
hey guys.
after doing away with the idea of getting an RX7 im going to go turbo on my ae92 4age. Does anyone know of a company that makes turbo manifolds for 4age's or should i get a custom one built at a pipe shop??
  Send a private message to this user    
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: turbo manifolds Sun, 24 November 2002 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah custom built is pretty much your only option.
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: turbo manifolds Sun, 24 November 2002 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, I had to make mine, otherwise HKS is another option as part of the full turbo kit, probably mega $$$ Sad

At least with a custom one you can mount the turbo exactly where you want it. It will have to be fairly high to clear the oil filter, unless you get a remote filter kit.

Cheers
Phil
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: turbo manifolds Sun, 24 November 2002 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stuff like this can be pretty pricey if you're not a DIY type person though - a decent turbo manifold from most workshops is probably gonna set you back a fair bit all the same!
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: turbo manifolds Sun, 24 November 2002 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak the turbo can be of to the side of the oil filter and have no probs fitting without a relocation kit...(you just have to make your measurements correct b4 making it)..

here is the one i made, it works well..
http://geocities.com/feral4mr2/log1.html
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: turbo manifolds Sun, 15 December 2002 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been making a few manifolds of late - email me directly on ifitsuits@hotmail.com if you're still interested in having one made up. Clint
[TOYROTA]
Regular

July 2002
Re: turbo manifolds Tue, 17 December 2002 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know i'm sorta just jumping in here with nothing worth your while, but i have a turbo manifold for an 18RG if anyone wants to buy it. actually maybe i can help a bit. From my experiences, not many people tend to go turbo on 4A's, they mostly seem to just go the GZE. But there are a few who have swapped the supercharger on the GZE for a turbo, and in all the cases i have seen, they had to get the manifold made up custom. Sorry about that, seems like thats the only way to go, the 4A's are pretty old now so not many people bother with them that much anymore to warrant making up turbo manifolds for them in bulk.

Andre

[Updated on: Tue, 17 December 2002 00:45]

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: turbo manifolds Sun, 04 May 2003 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clintgodde wrote on Mon, 16 December 2002 01:15

I've been making a few manifolds of late - email me directly on ifitsuits@hotmail.com if you're still interested in having one made up. Clint

Hey Clint, you still been making manifolds? I'm gonna be needing one for my 3S soon!
E30-323ti
Regular

June 2002
Re: turbo manifolds Sun, 04 May 2003 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is a place called nite parts in Auckland that do turbo manifolds for 4A-G's.
They usually have a few FWD "& RWD ones in stock.
I think they are $500NZ from memory.

I can get the Ph No. if you want.
Blaze
Regular

December 2002
Re: turbo manifolds Sun, 04 May 2003 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much would you want for that 18rg turbo manifold [toyrota]????
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: turbo manifolds Mon, 05 May 2003 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep Shane,
I still make one or two, when time and the inclination prevails! Wouldn't make one for less than $500 though, they require alot of time, effort, and tooling! Email me directly on ifitsuits@hotmail.com, if you're interested, and maybe we can wheel and deal with those taillights you want as well?!
Currently making yet another 3TGTE to Garrett manifold, so am kept busy with that!
Clint!
Gukster
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Re: turbo manifolds Mon, 05 May 2003 13:26 Go to previous message
I'm going to make a manifold for my 1J soon, Just a quick question, what wall thickness should the steam pipe be??

Thanks
Luke
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:another 22R? owner with questions
Next Topic:How Loooooooow Can you Go !!!!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 1 06:30:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049169063568115 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.