Forums Junkie

October 2002

icon10.gif  supercharging a 18RG Sun, 24 November 2002 10:04 Go to next message
Is it possible to supercharge any of the 18RG/R/U/E engines with a GZE blower
  Send a private message to this user    
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: supercharging a 18RG Sun, 24 November 2002 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes it is possible to do with abit of work.

Do a search there should be plenty of info about it as there are a few ppl doing a Turbo/Supercharge 18rgeu.

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: supercharging a 18RG Sun, 24 November 2002 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would've thought that turbo-ing would be just as easy, but with more gains than a S/C.... but im no expert Rolling Eyes
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: supercharging a 18RG Sun, 24 November 2002 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
crostek wrote in another thread

N/A 18RG in RA40 14.5 at 92
Turbo 18RG in same car 13.2 at 106
Super charged EFI 18RG in same car race weight 950KG 13.1 At 110
had good 60ft times but fuel problems at top end.

hope this helps
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: supercharging a 18RG Mon, 25 November 2002 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A turbo engine will always make more power than a supercharged engine at any given boost level. Supercharging has other advantages of course, so I guess it depends on what you're trying to acheive.
CamZH
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: supercharging a 18RG Mon, 25 November 2002 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does it really "make" more power??
Or is there just less losses involved?
i would assusme that at the same level of boost a motor would make the same amount of power regardless where the extra air comes from.
How the air get there on the other hand is something totally different Smile

Superchargers must be good for something...
Who's ever seen a turbo'd rail?
I havent been looking, but i also havent seen one...

CamZH
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: supercharging a 18RG Mon, 25 November 2002 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
superchargers are normally low down boost. turbo's tend to be up higher
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: supercharging a 18RG Mon, 25 November 2002 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A centrifugal supercharger will make roughly the same power as a turbo in theory, but because it's driven off the crank some of that power is lost. Exactly how much is due to mechanical losses and how much is due to the supercharger itself is kinda academic though; the amount of power available at the flywheel is what counts!

Most supercharged setups are roots type though, and these will definitely make less power even if there weren't any mechanical losses; this is because they are a less efficient design which means they heat up the air a lot more (especially at high rpm). Their mechanical losses are also a lot higher than centrifugal blowers, but their main advantage is they can make boost from idle.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: supercharging a 18RG Mon, 25 November 2002 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CamZH wrote on Mon, 25 November 2002 14:13

Superchargers must be good for something...
Who's ever seen a turbo'd rail?
I havent been looking, but i also havent seen one...

CamZH

I've been in dragracing for 20 years now
in the top fuels/alcohol and all the ones below its just big spanner and hammer technology, blowers like that have been around since the bloody wheel, up until the mid 80's turboing was a black art as such.
Why give up a proven method.
But turbos are making it big now
This is a pic out of the new Dragster Australia i had delivered todayhttp://www.angelfire.com/vt/dragsandstuff/turboBB.jpeg
orhttp://www.angelfire.com/vt/dragsandstuff/bb.html
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: supercharging a 18RG Mon, 25 November 2002 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you are interested i have my supercharger and other bits and pieces that you may need of my 4agze.
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: supercharging a 18RG Mon, 25 November 2002 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I guess you could use tha 4agze supercharger but a 1ggze one would be better as it is off a 2litre engine to start with.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: supercharging a 18RG Tue, 26 November 2002 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i'm just asking now, but my mate wants to blow his 4AGE rolla
how much for the setup
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: supercharging a 18RG Tue, 26 November 2002 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
far cheaper and easier to buy the whole motor or even a front cut. They will cost up to $2500 and will have EVERYTHING you need to convert a 4age FWD rolla, except for the engineers cert. of course Razz
Not trying to steal someones sale, but just trying to help Smile
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: supercharging a 18RG Tue, 26 November 2002 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well good thing im not charging anything near 2500 Shocked. was looking to flock it off cheaply as i dont have any use for it as the 4agze is getting a turbo.

price well that depends on what u need. i have no idea what you need. anyone on here have any idea? i also have the stock intercooler for sale and can chuck that in cheaply if you want.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: supercharging a 18RG Tue, 26 November 2002 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, the whole kit and caboodle actually to convert
crostek
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: supercharging a 18RG Tue, 26 November 2002 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phil are you still interested in putting a blower on your 18RG I am parting out my super charged motor, the sprintex blower, intercooler and block have been sold, and possibly the head too. But I still have the counter weighted crank and new cams to suit a blower.
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: supercharging a 18RG Tue, 26 November 2002 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how does $350 for the supercharger, brackets (not sure if they would be much good for you), and intercooler. is there anything missing from that list that you need?
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: supercharging a 18RG Wed, 27 November 2002 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much for cams
will they work on 18RGU N/A

blower is just a thought at the moment
crostek
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: supercharging a 18RG Wed, 27 November 2002 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The cams wont work with NA you would have good bottom end but there is no over lap in the cam so it would not rev
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: supercharging a 18RG Thu, 28 November 2002 08:10 Go to previous message
well this is a very cheap price. anyone else interested?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:.
Next Topic:2T > 2TG
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 23:47:15 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049328804016113 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.