Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Vote for Cruise Mon, 21 February 2005 22:04 Go to next message
Unfortunately i couldn't create a poll dunno y anyway.

Here are a few options anyone else is welcome to surgest new ones. Select from the few provided!

1.Day or Night

2.DEC Car Park
Risdon Vale Pub!!
Coogans Moonah
Eastlands

or
3. If the Northern people wanna come down then maybe we (hobart people) could meet in hobart somewhere then crusie to campbell down then go for a cruise out the back of somewhere

Else if the Northern people wanted to come to hobart for hte day then we could cruise around.. I udnno so cast your vote so we can start something happening
  Send a private message to this user    
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Vote for Cruise Mon, 21 February 2005 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wouldn't it be better to pick somewhere a little less public ?
Also can we choose somwhere that doesn't have big ditches at the entrance/exit ?
Cuz i dont want damage my FMIC or my muffler ?
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: Vote for Cruise Mon, 21 February 2005 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd be up for a bit of a cruise, for obvious reasons... I wouldn't be pulling any burnouts or drifting I'd just be along for the ride in my limo if that was kool with you guys?

- Day or night, either one
- DEC carpark sounds good

For me personally it would probably need to be a week night because of the 95% chance I wouldn't have the time on a weekend.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Vote for Cruise Tue, 22 February 2005 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea i reckon a day at the DEC would b good.. thursdays are good for me cause i have a day off uni then!! else a friday arvo
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Vote for Cruise Tue, 22 February 2005 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I knock off at 3:30 on friday arvo's
I just need to find somebody to drive my car for me
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Vote for Cruise Tue, 22 February 2005 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hopefully i get mine back by then!!! its in at turners driveshaft and steering, if u go past there have a look in the car park and make sure its still ok!! i neevr trust those dodgy kingo' bogans!!! Very Happy Very Happy Rolling Eyes
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Vote for Cruise Tue, 22 February 2005 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it in kingo ???
where ?
i've never heard of the place
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: Vote for Cruise Tue, 22 February 2005 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Turner Driveshafts & Steering
32B Browns Rd Kingston 7050
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Vote for Cruise Tue, 22 February 2005 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i bet u looked in the phone book, but yes thats the opne its the only place is tassie that does Rack sterring work, in fact Co-Op toyota employ Turners to do all there steering work!!
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: Vote for Cruise Tue, 22 February 2005 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Happy You bet right!
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Vote for Cruise Tue, 22 February 2005 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got past it everyday
twice
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Vote for Cruise Tue, 22 February 2005 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Turners is also the cheapest place and the bloke i dealt with seems quite honest which is good ot see and was also the cheapest for the work i was having done.. infact $300 cheaper than everywhere else!!
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Vote for Cruise Tue, 22 February 2005 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The keep it inside day and night.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Vote for Cruise Wed, 23 February 2005 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh good at least fuck wits down kingo way in there Torana's with bolt on flared guards won't come past and try to steal my flares!! hopefully it should be done on FRIDAY i can't wait!!!!
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Vote for Cruise Wed, 23 February 2005 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Come up to my house when u pick it up i'll take you for a quick fang fang in the leeka
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Vote for Cruise Wed, 23 February 2005 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll see how things go does it scare the shit out of everyone ? is it loud.. BOV ?
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Vote for Cruise Wed, 23 February 2005 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No bov and it's not THAT loud,
But when it hits boost it's a bit of a suprise.
Ask Rainey he has been in it.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Vote for Cruise Wed, 23 February 2005 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just rang turners and they said if everything goes to plan i get my car friday YAY! i miss it already!!
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: Vote for Cruise Wed, 23 February 2005 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah its not THAT loud but its certainly far from quiet.

Mookie's car goes hard, I just wish I knew what sort of times it would do in a drag. I don't reckon I will ever ride in another car with so much acceleration. Comparing it to things like a friends Porsche and another friends WRX STi this blows them all out of the water by a long shot. Shocked

"It's interesting" is Mookie's summary of his vehicle. Rolling Eyes

Go for a ride in it, its a heap of fun!
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Vote for Cruise Wed, 23 February 2005 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks !
It's pretty fun .
I'd love to race those cars one day to see who would win.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Vote for Cruise Wed, 23 February 2005 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My supra with a 7M turbo would win!! haha na that is coming soon, but hte 5MGE is on the way
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Vote for Cruise Wed, 23 February 2005 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I recon i would win.
I'll race you
either around a track or up a drag strip
AaronST185
Regular

December 2004
Re: Vote for Cruise Wed, 23 February 2005 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can tell you now, the GT4 wouldn't win Smile I'd get to 3.5RPM and then hit fuel cut... Embarassed
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Vote for Cruise Wed, 23 February 2005 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Really ????
u wanna get rid of that asap !
what's it there for ?
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: Vote for Cruise Wed, 23 February 2005 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd like to know too? As far as I know the GT-Fours are slow'ish because they have a heavy four-wheel-drive drivetrain? I wouldn't care tho, they are slick as hell and quicker than a NA Celica I guess.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Vote for Cruise Wed, 23 February 2005 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well any turbo car would have a bit of get up and go.. provided its petrol and not to heavy!! i reckon an MA61 with a 7M turbo would beat an SA63 with a 1G. Not only would the supra have more torque, but more HP and a 7M revs harder plus the turbo is bigger! i got a mate with a 1G in his MA61 his is white like mine as well.. and get this it was originally a GT Supra and it was converted.. wat a waste Sad the only difference in the SA63 and the MA61 in weigh would be around 70-100kg.. Does the SA63 come stock with rear disks, LSD and IRS ?
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Vote for Cruise Wed, 23 February 2005 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
only IRS.

But my lighter car would be able to keep the engine reving and the car on boost.
I have no idea it's just an assumtion.
I'd give you a run for your money.
If it bogged down off the line or had some wheelspin i would all over it making the most out of your mistake.
so what's this fuel cut thing ?????
AaronST185
Regular

December 2004
Re: Vote for Cruise Wed, 23 February 2005 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fuel cut is built into the ECU. When the boost reaches a certain PSI (about 12 on the GT4) it will stop delivering fuel to the engine (for protection) and suddenly you find that the car jolts almost to a standstill and then kicks in again. After it happens, it won't let you have any positive boost until you stop the car to reset the ECU.
I think the only reason it's happening is because of the mods that are installed (eg boost controller). As soon as I get a new ECU installed then I will be fuel cut free Smile (and propably have a buggered engine too)
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: Vote for Cruise Wed, 23 February 2005 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That explains it! When are you getting the new ECU? Can you look after the motor until then?
AaronST185
Regular

December 2004
Re: Vote for Cruise Thu, 24 February 2005 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, for normal city driving it will never hit fuel cut. It's easy enough to on the highway in 3rd though. I just have to keep and eagle eye on the boost guage.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Vote for Cruise Thu, 24 February 2005 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its the same with 1g-gte 9.9 is the max boost on the stock ecu when they hit 10 the ecu cuts off the fuel supply to prevent the engien from becoming all fucked up... running masses of boost will mean u will eventually have to replace the rings, gaskests etc etc..

How does a drift day up at a race track sound, just put some chesse cutters on the back and take it for a Dorifto!
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Vote for Cruise Thu, 24 February 2005 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well mine can boost up to 15psi with not fuel cut anywhere ???
maybe the fuel cut as been removed.
I've got some cheese cutter wheels off a bluebird i might go and buy more if i can find them.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Vote for Cruise Thu, 24 February 2005 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i bet u got an after market ecu, unless u sent the ecu off to TRD or toyota and told them to reprogram it. i use TRD cause they are a part of toyota so they would have the "inside" knowledge!!

[Updated on: Thu, 24 February 2005 08:27]

xt130corona
Occasional Poster

February 2005
    What?
Re: Vote for Cruise Thu, 24 February 2005 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So when is the cruise?
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Vote for Cruise Thu, 24 February 2005 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm we dunno yet i spose when a few people hear about it and i would like to have my car befoera cruise is on!!
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: Vote for Cruise Thu, 24 February 2005 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Next Thursday after 5pm would be cool to meet up somewhere like the arts building at the wharf or the DEC?
AaronST185
Regular

December 2004
Re: Vote for Cruise Thu, 24 February 2005 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would have to be after 6 for me.
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: Vote for Cruise Thu, 24 February 2005 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Same here because I'd need to take a change of clothes to work maybe grab something quick to eat straight after work, but still a goer if people are interested.

Thursday March 3rd - 6:00pm onwards, location [TBA]

Anyone interested, if so, nominate a meeting point.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Vote for Cruise Sat, 26 February 2005 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the dec would b good! plus i don't have uni that day YAY!
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Vote for Cruise Tue, 01 March 2005 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Next year i'm going up to summernats with my mate and his coona plus someother people you guys should come. do they still have no speed limit in NT if they do were are going up there.

can you say :

CANNONBALL RUN ?

[Updated on: Tue, 01 March 2005 03:21]

TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Vote for Cruise Tue, 01 March 2005 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if i go over 150ks in the supra it takes off the ground and will leave the atmosphere cause its a rocket!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Vote for Cruise Tue, 01 March 2005 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What drugs are you guys on? Anyway, may see you on the cruise.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Vote for Cruise Tue, 01 March 2005 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
btw johny if u come be prepared to lose your wheels as i am taking owner ship of them!!!! Rolling Eyes
xt130corona
Occasional Poster

February 2005
    What?
Re: Vote for Cruise Tue, 01 March 2005 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cruise sounds good for Thursday at 6.00 just got my RA23 registered has stock 18RGU but goes round corners alright.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Vote for Cruise Tue, 01 March 2005 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool another person Wink this is starting to pick up a little, if the supra doesn't pass Road Worthy tonight i ain't gunna b able to make it!!
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Vote for Cruise Tue, 01 March 2005 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if it doesn't do you want to drive mine ?
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Vote for Cruise Wed, 02 March 2005 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry mate, i passed road worthy so i can drive my car !! do u have any mates who want to drive your car ?! ask a few i wanna c ya and i bet everyone else does too!
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: Vote for Cruise Wed, 02 March 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yea Mookie, get a reliable friend to drive your car for you! It will be sad to not have you out there!
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Vote for Cruise Wed, 02 March 2005 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We all have cricket training.
I'm the only one who is going to skip it.
But i'll keep looking.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Vote for Cruise Wed, 02 March 2005 22:26 Go to previous message
well keep trying mookie
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:FINAL CRUISE NOTICE
Next Topic:New member from Tassie... My 92 Celica