Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Tien HA vs Tien HE Wed, 02 March 2005 13:48 Go to next message
Howdy,

I am currently looking at a set of Tien HA coilovers, some people are telling me that Tien HE's are a million times better and its not even worth looking at the HA's but then other people are telling me there isnt much difference between them, has anyone had any experience with them, either of them and could anyone tell me why HE's are supposedly better?

I googled and dug up some information but only really came up with stuff on spring rates anyway but im going to get some industrial 10 & 11kg springs anyway so the stock ones arent really of much concern.

Any help would be much appreciated.

p.s. yes i searched and found diddly squat Sad
  Send a private message to this user    
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Wed, 02 March 2005 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and all you had to do is come and ask me fool....

i have used both HA's and HE's and i will never use the HA's again.. why do you ask? because the HE's provide MUCh better damper control, good for fine tuning the characteristics of the way the car turns into the corner.

HA's are for street use and HE's are Teins drift spec shock for track and street drift use

btw you're a bellend
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Wed, 02 March 2005 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Thu, 03 March 2005 00:18

Howdy,

im going to get some industrial 10 & 11kg springs anyway

Do you know how stiff these springs are ?

They are the equivalent of 560 and 620 lb/in respectively !!!! That is way to hard if you intrend any streeet driving in anything nearing comfort.

They are even harder than I had in my race car Shocked
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Thu, 03 March 2005 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-AE86 wrote on Thu, 03 March 2005 00:35

and all you had to do is come and ask me fool....

i have used both HA's and HE's and i will never use the HA's again.. why do you ask? because the HE's provide MUCh better damper control, good for fine tuning the characteristics of the way the car turns into the corner.

HA's are for street use and HE's are Teins drift spec shock for track and street drift use

btw you're a bellend

well why didnt you tell me that in the first place, i have asked you three times, three times you said, they are just better...

youre the bellend Razz Laughing

Michael, yes i realise that this will be very stiff but thats the idea, as the car is not going to be much of a street car anymore anyway, i was going to run 18's and 12's but was talked out of it anyway...my mind is not dead set on 11's and 10's I may run 10's and 9's but atm im thinking 11's and 10's

any advice?
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Thu, 03 March 2005 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Thu, 03 March 2005 11:41

Michael, yes i realise that this will be very stiff but thats the idea, as the car is not going to be much of a street car anymore anyway, i was going to run 18's and 12's but was talked out of it anyway...my mind is not dead set on 11's and 10's I may run 10's and 9's but atm im thinking 11's and 10's

any advice?

I don't think you know quite HOW stiff.

FWIW, 18kg/mm = 1,000 lb/in, and 12 kg/mm = 670 lb/in. That is absolutely ridiculous.

I had 400lb/in in the front of my DEDICATED race car, and they were still too hard. Dry grip is very compromised (yeah I know, bloody drifting), but wet grip goes completely out the window. Combine ridiculous spring rates with low profile tyres, and it all gets even worse.

I will be running 325 lb/in on the fromt of my MA61, and that should be great, and the rears will be about 250 lb/in or so.

Numbers that you quoted will be crazy. I won't go into what suspension is designed for and how spring rates can be calculated, because you obviously want to go drifting, so theory and design go completely out of the window (as does common sense)

Have fun driving a solid car. Rolling Eyes
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Thu, 03 March 2005 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the info but why does it always have to go into drifting being a rediculous idea/sport?

Personally i think drift is ten times more enjoyable from a drivers perspective than circuit racing is, but thats my opnion and up untill now i have really kept it to myself...

youre entitled to yours i spose, but really why do you hate it so much?
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Thu, 03 March 2005 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for what its worth i ran 12KG/mm springs in the front of my ae86 and the car was both streetable and trackable. it still handled fine in the hills and wasnt too solid.

shock valving detirmines the ride quality of a car
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Thu, 03 March 2005 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My personal opinion. I have no doubt it takes great skill to do it properly, but it is not my cup of tea. The ridiculous is related to the spring rates and that people think it is cool to have a super hard/slammed car.

If you like it, then that is fine.

I hate it so much because of all the wanna be's who have absolutely NFI.

The reality is you have to know how to drive properly before you can drift.

Super hard springs in any car other than a purpose built drift car is plain silly and dangerous on the road.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Thu, 03 March 2005 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Thu, 03 March 2005 13:12

I hate it so much because of all the wanna be's who have absolutely NFI

Nice generalisation......

I hate drag racing because of all the wannabe's who try to race me at the lights.

I hate circuit racing because of all the wannabe's weaving through traffic.

bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Thu, 03 March 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-AE86 wrote on Thu, 03 March 2005 12:39

for what its worth i ran 12KG/mm springs in the front of my ae86 and the car was both streetable and trackable. it still handled fine in the hills and wasnt too solid.

shock valving detirmines the ride quality of a car

BULLSHIT.

Sorry for the thread hijack, but cannot for the life of me see that those spring in a light car can be classed as "streetable". NFW.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Thu, 03 March 2005 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Thu, 03 March 2005 13:29

BULLSHIT.

Sorry for the thread hijack, but cannot for the life of me see that those spring in a light car can be classed as "streetable". NFW.

Depends what you class as 'streetable' doesn't it?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Thu, 03 March 2005 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Thu, 03 March 2005 12:42

My personal opinion. I have no doubt it takes great skill to do it properly, but it is not my cup of tea. The ridiculous is related to the spring rates and that people think it is cool to have a super hard/slammed car.

If you like it, then that is fine.

I hate it so much because of all the wanna be's who have absolutely NFI.

The reality is you have to know how to drive properly before you can drift.

Super hard springs in any car other than a purpose built drift car is plain silly and dangerous on the road.

A stiff car is all I am after not a slammed car, yes it will be lowered, but not much more than it is now, If you own a racecar I assume you have driven on mallala, that steel grate on turn one is bad enough to clip in a car with relatively standard hieght, if my car was fully sick slammed to the ground i would imagine that hitting that sideways at 100+ km/h would remove my exhaust and tailshaft Confused not something im really keen of.

But getting some stiffness into the boat is the idea, i am at a simple crossroads, if they are too stiff i will simply get new ones Rolling Eyes

unless you can reccomend something from the start
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Thu, 03 March 2005 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Thu, 03 March 2005 12:58

bbaacchhyy wrote on Thu, 03 March 2005 13:12

I hate it so much because of all the wanna be's who have absolutely NFI

Nice generalisation......

I hate drag racing because of all the wannabe's who try to race me at the lights.

I hate circuit racing because of all the wannabe's weaving through traffic.

agreed with slutty here

but what do you expect, it is possibly one of the cheapest forms of motorsport around, and it is in reach of a young audience with thier budget $5-$15K imports, of course you are going to get people acting like cockmunchers about the sport, but i really doubt you will find anyone in this thread being one of them.

So far drifters have had a very hard time getting the old school drivers to accept our sport as an actual sport, but they are coming around, take Clem Smith for example and the Sporting Car Club of SA run by a bunch of people who are definitely old school but they are making a concerted effort to give us the room we need for the sport to grow. I really dont see drifting dying off anytime soon either...
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Thu, 03 March 2005 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BULLSHIT eh?

i guess various members here can attest to how streetable and how good my front susp was in the ae86.

4ageeza (joel-ae86) and matt mr1g have driven my car, in fact joel bought my front susp and is really happy with the handling from it.

12kg too stiff? says who?

maybe whatever your used to is too soft..... ever thought about that?
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Thu, 03 March 2005 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-AE86 wrote on Thu, 03 March 2005 13:41

maybe whatever your used to is too soft..... ever thought about that?

i know guys running drag hondas with 18kg springs....

12 isnt that bad
its how u set it...
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Thu, 03 March 2005 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh dear, I have set them off haven't I.

Bullshit referred to the comment of the shocks cdetermining ride quality.

Yes, level of harhness is a personal thing. I obviously prefer a car that handle well in wet and dry and various road surfaces, and that is also highly personal.

I prefer cct racing over drifting or dragging. My bent, simple as that. Doesn't mean that it doesn't take skill to do either well (and I agreed with that earlier), but I don't like it. Many people do, and that is fine as well.

I don't give a shit what some people have their springs set at. All I pointed out is that TOO STIFF is dangerous for a STREET DRIVEN car. It is farr better to have a stiff chassis than a stiff spring.

If you were to calculate the correct spring rates with known principles, you would NEVER (except F1) end up with the spring rates that you are quoting.

As for suggestions, I mentioned them earlier. 325lb/in front and 250 rear.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Thu, 03 March 2005 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Thu, 03 March 2005 13:51

Oh dear, I have set them off haven't I.

Tends to happen when you make stupid comments. People are always going to back up, and why shouldn't they?

Quote:

I prefer cct racing over drifting or dragging. My bent, simple as that. Doesn't mean that it doesn't take skill to do either well (and I agreed with that earlier), but I don't like it.

We prefer drift. I can safely say that none of us would be ignorant enough to say we "hate" other motorsports though, even if we see try-hards executing what they think is a representation of their skill in cct or drag on the street.

Live and let live, brother. Have you tried drifting?
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Thu, 03 March 2005 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My initial comment was

[quote title=bbaacchhyy wrote on Thu, 03 March 2005 07:11
Do you know how stiff these springs are ?

They are the equivalent of 560 and 620 lb/in respectively !!!! That is way to hard if you intrend any streeet driving in anything nearing comfort.

They are even harder than I had in my race car Shocked
[/quote]

The comments are not stupid, they are fact.

I mentioned several times, if you want a "hard" car, go for it, but for a STREET car it is silly and dangerous. FACT.

Mr 1GGTE brought up the word hate. I hate the idiots (of all driving persuasions) who think they know better and can drive when they obviously can't.

I haven't tried drifting (apart from dirt rallying), and I'm not going to. As stated before, it is not my cup of tea. Simple.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Thu, 03 March 2005 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I meant your comment about hating was stupid.

MR1GGTE asked you why you "hate"......

So now you seemed to have changed your story to hating over-confident fools, rather than drifting. Laughing
nabs478
Regular

March 2003
    -
Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Thu, 03 March 2005 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a set of HE drift spec in my 180SX I have driven my brothers 180SX with TEIN flex. I think mine is better, mainly because its harder. I'm not sure exactly what the rate is, I think its 10's and 8's. But it is hard enough for the track, any harder and it would be a pain in the ass, I already have to do 10km/h over some train tracks. I reckon go for HE...cant beat 'em!!
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Thu, 03 March 2005 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers nabs Very Happy
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Thu, 03 March 2005 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ill put my 2c in now. I have some 450lbs eibachs in the front of the sprinter and 300lbs in the rear and i find this WAY too hard for street use. Its ok for motorkhanas and other events on flat tarmac, but i think if i hit a ripple strip with them i would be in danger of ripping out my front suspension.
Im intending on getting some 375lbs in order to compensate. That said i can get away with running a bit heavier springs as i have to run 60 series control tyres which give some general spongeyness.
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Thu, 03 March 2005 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get with the times people.. we are METRIC

its kg/mm not pounds!
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Thu, 03 March 2005 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-AE86 wrote on Thu, 03 March 2005 23:11

get with the times people.. we are METRIC

its kg/mm not pounds!

correct. 390lb. wtf is that shit? pounds?? whatever yankee...

and ill go to say that yes a stiff chassis is better than stuf springs, but both is the best.

takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Thu, 03 March 2005 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why? Because most major spring manfuacturers quote their rates in lbs/in, not kg/mm
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Thu, 03 March 2005 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
most american manufacturers
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Thu, 03 March 2005 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And euro. Oh yeah, and Kings too.
Eibach, Kings, Lovells, just to name a few.
All of them rate in lbs, and then convert to kg and start rounding.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Thu, 03 March 2005 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bah!

what country do we live in chris? Rolling Eyes

dont even mention king becuase thier springs are poo anyway Razz almost as bad as industrials Laughing
Blown86
Regular

July 2002
Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Thu, 03 March 2005 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Been playing with cars on the road and track for 20+ years and I only heard of this Kg/mm stuff fairly recently when I started checking out Jap stuff, not that it matters.

Some of you blokes who think stiff is best should read some suspension books and gain an understanding of what suspension is used for.
Some of the rates you are talking about are approaching open wheel race car with downforce numbers. Confused

Saying it's all about shock control is not correct, unless you race in cars that are restricted to stock road springs where there is no choice other than drive weight transfer, balance and grip with the shocks. Shock valving should be to suit the springs that give the best grip and balance not the other way round.

In some instances the shocks will barely provide dampening with such stiff springs. I wonder if some of this "streetability" talked about with stiff springs is because the chassis is flexing?

A Formula Ford is a classic example of a car that although low powered is extremely quick due to chassis balance and handling.
The general rule for a FF is run the softest springs you can at the optimum ride height and then adjust the roll bars and shocks to suit.
Why should it be any different for an AE86??

IMHO to drive an overly stiff car on the road is dumb - you have removed grip from the car and compromised the ability of the car to deal with varying road conditions. A good recipe for disaster.

bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Thu, 03 March 2005 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Blown86 wrote on Fri, 04 March 2005 00:20

Been playing with cars on the road and track for 20+ years and I only heard of this Kg/mm stuff fairly recently when I started checking out Jap stuff, not that it matters.

Some of you blokes who think stiff is best should read some suspension books and gain an understanding of what suspension is used for.
Some of the rates you are talking about are approaching open wheel race car with downforce numbers. Confused

Saying it's all about shock control is not correct, unless you race in cars that are restricted to stock road springs where there is no choice other than drive weight transfer, balance and grip with the shocks. Shock valving should be to suit the springs that give the best grip and balance not the other way round.

In some instances the shocks will barely provide dampening with such stiff springs. I wonder if some of this "streetability" talked about with stiff springs is because the chassis is flexing?

A Formula Ford is a classic example of a car that although low powered is extremely quick due to chassis balance and handling.
The general rule for a FF is run the softest springs you can at the optimum ride height and then adjust the roll bars and shocks to suit.

IMHO to drive an overly stiff car on the road is dumb - you have removed grip from the car and compromised the ability of the car to deal with varying road conditions. A good recipe for disaster.

Another commonsense person. And I thought I was alone. Oh, and Takai too !!!
Blown86
Regular

July 2002
Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Thu, 03 March 2005 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah there's plenty more that agree with us it's just that many have given up trying to explain anything too technical to the 5 minute experts. Confused
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Thu, 03 March 2005 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Blown86 wrote on Fri, 04 March 2005 09:21

Nah there's plenty more that agree with us it's just that many have given up trying to explain anything too technical to the 5 minute experts. Confused

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Fri, 04 March 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Blown86 wrote on Thu, 03 March 2005 21:50

ae86 is FR? meaning weight distribution is different?

i would go with softer springs (8 and 7) and thicker sway bars, that way you have enough shockie movment to clear the ruts and bumps, while you have little or no body roll

ah well, you guys are the experts Rolling Eyes

Eldar.O.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Fri, 04 March 2005 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FF is Formula Ford Rolling Eyes
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Fri, 04 March 2005 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Blown86 wrote on Fri, 04 March 2005 09:51

gold

and true... so so true

i cant believe the shit that you guys say sometimes... then back it up with 'you dont know anything about drift so leave us alone'

oookkaayyyy Rolling Eyes
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Fri, 04 March 2005 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think some of the old farts on this thread need to build a bridge and walk the fuck over it...

5 minute experts, good call Rolling Eyes
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Fri, 04 March 2005 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Fri, 04 March 2005 13:27

i think some of the old farts on this thread need to build a bridge and walk the fuck over it...

What has age to do with it ?

I think the "5 minute expert" quotre is quite true when peopple think that 600 - 1,000 lb/in spring rates can be justified as streetable, especicially in a car that weighs 2,200 lbs in total anyway. ARGH
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Fri, 04 March 2005 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Fri, 04 March 2005 14:09

MR 1GGTE wrote on Fri, 04 March 2005 13:27

What has age to do with it ?

I think the "5 minute expert" quotre is quite true when peopple think that 600 - 1,000 lb/in spring rates can be justified as streetable, especicially in a car that weighs 2,200 lbs in total anyway. ARGH

but once again it comes back to what you determine as streetable, im more than happy to sacrifice the comfort that my car comes with to make it handle better, im drifting a soarer ffs.

the age comment was a bit rough but i get the feeling that some of the people in this thread are taking an elitist attitude towards drifters becuase they are failing to recognise it as a legitimate form of motorsport.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Fri, 04 March 2005 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

im more than happy to sacrifice the comfort that my car comes with to make it handle better

bbaacchhyy wrote on Thu, 03 March 2005 14:11

I mentioned several times, if you want a "hard" car, go for it, but for a STREET car it is silly and dangerous. FACT.

I don't think he was talking about how much comfort you are willing to sacrifice.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Fri, 04 March 2005 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yian wrote on Fri, 04 March 2005 14:55

Quote:

im more than happy to sacrifice the comfort that my car comes with to make it handle better

bbaacchhyy wrote on Thu, 03 March 2005 14:11

I don't think he was talking about how much comfort you are willing to sacrifice.

but then simon mentioned that his car had 12kg springs in the front of it for ages and it was still a very streetable car, i drove it and it was by no means unsafe becuase of the suspension that was in the car Rolling Eyes

Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Fri, 04 March 2005 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
quite true

it handled bumps and surface changes with ease. with decent tyres on the front it handled wet hills roads very well !
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Fri, 04 March 2005 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-AE86 wrote on Fri, 04 March 2005 15:06

quite true

it handled bumps and surface changes with ease. with decent tyres on the front it handled wet hills roads very well !

exactly the front was as grippy as a hooker on smack...

cant say the same about the rear tho, but thats the idea Very Happy
Blown86
Regular

July 2002
Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Fri, 04 March 2005 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The car may have more front grip relative to the rear, this doesn't mean that overall grip is better with stiffer spring rates.
Generally the rule has always been if you go too stiff, you reduce grip.
Too stiff reduces suspension travel which creates problems absorbing bumps and can spear a car off the road. It massively reduces wet road grip and feeds loads into the chassis it was not designed for.
Knowing the structural integrity of an AE86 I have no doubt that part of the perceived gain with stiff springs is chassis twisting which is bad, you have uncontrolled suspension effect at work.
At least a well designed structural cage is needed for stiff springs.

My 5 minute expert comment was not directed at age at all, I know young blokes that know more than me. I also know older blokes that "think" they know everything. It's a question of attitude.

It is patently obvious that some people need to actually study the dynamics of suspension from the comments they make.

I know a doctor of Mechanical Engineering, a consulting Mech Eng with 40 years experience and plenty of other well qualified people who actually build race cars and serious road cars who never post in threads like this because they couldn't be bothered dealing with ignorance brought on by lack of understanding.

Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Fri, 04 March 2005 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not an expert on suspensions, and I don't pretend to be. And bbaacchhyy means well. He's mentioned that drifting is a sport and requires great skill to achieve. What he is concerned about, I think, is a car that is built for drifting competitions, with the tendency for the rear end to slide out, be classified as streetable.

In my opinion, cars that are build for the track should remain there. It is a different matter when a car is built for the street, and some occasional track work. Track or drift cars are just not streetable for many varying reasons.

Just my 2 cents. Feel free to flame me if I am in any way incorrect.

Yian
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Tue, 22 March 2005 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok to dig this topic up again..

the ma70 suspension is a bit shaky at the moment so id like to go a good solid set of Tein HE's..

do they make them for the ma70 and whats the average cost for a set of coilovers and who does them in aus?

cheers
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Tue, 22 March 2005 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, firstly let me say, yes they are definitely available, but you will most probably have to find them on yahoo japan auctions search for JZA70 as they will be the most likely to pop up as they are the most likely version of the supra to be modified Smile

but if you want them brand new youre looking at about $3000

youre better off going for something more streetable like HA's or something like a cusco Zero 1 edition, HKS Hyper D's are also good
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Thu, 24 March 2005 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pricing average?

say i want to spend 1K roughly on all four wheels.. whats the best thing im goin to get for the money?
Driftspec
Regular

November 2003
Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Thu, 24 March 2005 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What racing drivers are trialing now is running soft springs in their car but putting very stiff sway bars on.

What this is meant to do is allow maximium contact with the road yet still make the car turn good as body role (with the very stiff sway bars) is still minimal.

Seems to make sense to me.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Thu, 24 March 2005 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hamgatan wrote on Thu, 24 March 2005 12:13

pricing average?

say i want to spend 1K roughly on all four wheels.. whats the best thing im goin to get for the money?

do you want brand new?

if not then you should easily be able to find a set of Tien HA's or JIC coilvoers for about $1000-$1100 second hand Smile
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Thu, 24 March 2005 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JIC's good? Was looking at them vs the Tein's..

What are they new? (Smiley $$
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Tien HA vs Tien HE Thu, 24 March 2005 05:38 Go to previous message
yes they are good

dont know new price
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Exhaust for Silvertop
Next Topic:Are the R154 & W58 bellhousing flanges even similar??? (3SGTE RWD)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 19:25:00 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0092921257019043 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.