Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » process of engineering (and noise testing q on the side)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

process of engineering (and noise testing q on the side) Thu, 03 March 2005 07:51 Go to next message
I know this has prolly been covered before, but I'm tired and sickly.. and pissed off as well.

Spoke to my engineer today and gave him a rundown of what I've done and what issues I might engounter during engineering. I got green lights on everyhting except the pod filter, where he said I would need to have a drive-by noise test done. Apparently there's only 1 place in newcastle that does this, and they charge through the nose. I'm assuming the penrith and botany RTA emissions places will do it in sydney.. but does anyone know how much this will cost?

Also, I know I'll need to get my exhaust noise test done before I go... is tehre any other paperwork I will need to bring? Knowing the RTA for what it is, I'm assuming they want several things filled out...

that's all for now.
  Send a private message to this user    
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: process of engineering (and noise testing q on the side) Thu, 03 March 2005 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i will be keeping an eye on this thread as its what i need to do soon
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: process of engineering (and noise testing q on the side) Thu, 03 March 2005 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I demand satasfaction bitches.
there's gotta be a couple of engineered toymodders Razz
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: process of engineering (and noise testing q on the side) Thu, 03 March 2005 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds (pardon the pun) like a crock of shit - your exhaust is going to make for more noise than the intake except at idle - in which case the car won't be driving past anything. are you sure the drive-by is for the pod?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: process of engineering (and noise testing q on the side) Thu, 03 March 2005 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
positive.
this isn't the first time I've heard that either, and I thought the same thing...
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: process of engineering (and noise testing q on the side) Thu, 03 March 2005 21:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
d00d borrow a stock airbox from anything/anyone or put your pod in a box.

no more pod no need for drive by bum jacking
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: process of engineering (and noise testing q on the side) Thu, 03 March 2005 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Fri, 04 March 2005 08:07

d00d borrow a stock airbox from anything/anyone or put your pod in a box.

no more pod no need for drive by bum jacking

or quickly make a shield for the pod to cover it up. That should be fine. My noise measurement was done at Botany too by the way, that was for exhaust only - things may have changed from 2-3 year ago

Passed first go..

OH and change engineers ... try Hugh Farimond excellent engineer
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: process of engineering (and noise testing q on the side) Thu, 03 March 2005 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so does this mean that if you have a pod filter and you pass the drive by noise test it is legal and engineered?

It makes sense if you ask me.

[Updated on: Thu, 03 March 2005 22:05]

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: process of engineering (and noise testing q on the side) Thu, 03 March 2005 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would love to change engineers, but this particular one has a perk I'm very keen on, so I'm gonna do things his way.
might put a stocker air box on, then get an amendment with pod filter & box
WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: process of engineering (and noise testing q on the side) Fri, 04 March 2005 11:05 Go to previous message
just put a box over the top of your pod. an exposed pod only picks up the hot air anyway so give it some protection.
the engineer my mate used saw how it was done passed it did the exhaust test aswell
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Unreal Opel from Sweden
Next Topic:MA61 dash
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 03:28:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0072579383850098 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.