Toymods » General Car Talk » roadworthy, mod plate info??? where

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
1G-GTE KE70
Regular

December 2004
icon9.gif  roadworthy, mod plate info??? where Thu, 03 March 2005 09:50 Go to next message
I have the money to get my car registered next week. I live in Brisbane (Moorooka).

Does anyone know where I can get a Roadworthy and Mod Plate from?

I bought my car in NSW and they don't have mod plates, you just need to carry the engineers certificate around with you.

My brother is a mechanic and he has inspected it and it's all safe etc. But if there are small things that don't work that aren't dangerous (i.e. washer jets for windscreen etc) anyone know anyone that will tell me to fix it but still pass it?

I mean everything is legit and safe and i'm pretty sure everything works (except for those damn washer jets haha).

but yeah I've got the engineers certificate and I'm getting a Gas certificate this tuesday arvo so does anyone know where I can get a roadworthy/mod plate from?

I think i repeated myself about 300 times then.

Thanks guys
  Send a private message to this user    
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: roadworthy, mod plate info??? where Thu, 03 March 2005 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Most places will give you the test first and then give you a list of stuff that needs to be done. Then when I did it, I just went back and said I have fixed it. He didn't bother checking and passed it.

This is Paul Bell Mechanical on the Sunshine Coast though.
1G-GTE KE70
Regular

December 2004
Re: roadworthy, mod plate info??? where Thu, 03 March 2005 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would it work if they said fix this then I drove around the block then came back and said it was fixed? Razz
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: roadworthy, mod plate info??? where Thu, 03 March 2005 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1G-GTE KE70 wrote on Thu, 03 March 2005 20:57

would it work if they said fix this then I drove around the block then came back and said it was fixed? Razz

depends how dodgy or If he couldn't be bothered Razz
Bratwurst_Boy
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: roadworthy, mod plate info??? where Thu, 03 March 2005 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats what i have to do when i get my car from nsw let us no how it goes.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: roadworthy, mod plate info??? where Thu, 03 March 2005 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
basic safety inspection shops can't do mod plates - only engineers who've signed up with Dept of Tpt can.

you could try a PM to Cool1 or Norbie as both of them have recently dealt with engineers regarding mod plates and/or mods requiring mod plates.

Otherwise, trawl thru the transport.qld.gov.au web site to try to find the list of authorised engineers. (good luck - please post the link if you do)

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: roadworthy, mod plate info??? where Thu, 03 March 2005 21:22 Go to previous message
Yeah I know of a good place on the north side.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Recent Dyno Experience... Strange and Bizzare
Next Topic:Toyota Corolla FX GT
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 21:37:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055179595947266 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.