Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Fri, 04 March 2005 01:14 Go to next message
Hi All!

Long overdue... the next official OST cruise, organised by yours truely, will be held on Sunday 20th March 05...
*crosses fingers for good weather*

Details to be announced shortly, but just thought I'd give everyone some ample warning! Very Happy

EDIT:
DETAILS:

Start/Checkpoint 1: BigW Undercover carpark, Karrinyup Shopping Centre (Cnr of Karrinyup Rd and Francis Ave, Karrinyup)
Time: Meet at 1.30pm with departure around 2pm.. please be prompt.
End: Fremantle
Note, the end check point is near a beach/park for anyone who wants to bring food to slap on the BBQ. Just a suggestion for people that want to make a full day of it.

Hope we can get a fair crew down like last time.. plus all the regulars!

Keep an eye on the thread!

Damo
TRD 83
OST Event Organiser

Note: OldSkool Toys [OST] mailing list ---> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/oldskooltoyota/

[Updated on: Mon, 14 March 2005 14:54]

Send a private message to this user    
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Fri, 04 March 2005 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sweet

Don't forget, JCMF can't come if its too early in the afternoon...
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Fri, 04 March 2005 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers Peewee... The Cressi should be ready to go by then??

Nathan - please indicate when you want the cruise to start.. ! Razz
And anyone else that has preferences.. I'll try to accomodate.
It will be some time during the day/arvo tho... not a night cruise.

Cheers
Damo
buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Fri, 04 March 2005 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My preference, for Sundays, is after 11.30 and before 5.30.
Beserker99
Regular

January 2004
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Fri, 04 March 2005 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Coolies another OST cruise ^_^

I'd like something around the 12:30-1:00pm mark. Just in case for the stragglers to had a big night out on Saturday. But thats just me Razz
setsuna
Forums Junkie

July 2004

Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Fri, 04 March 2005 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeap, ill come if possible.
ill be changing things!
new diff the weekend, then the sky is the limit! Smile

got the yellow off today, too Smiley = woowoo

yay for cruses!
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Fri, 04 March 2005 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do RA65 Celicas count as in OST Razz

if so ill be there :):):)Smile
Purple Monkey
Regular

April 2004
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Fri, 04 March 2005 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damo Any Time is fine for me Smile
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Fri, 04 March 2005 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Woo!
Drew86
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Fri, 04 March 2005 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds good ill try and make it
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Fri, 04 March 2005 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
argh,

depends on whether the celica is up and operational, or even whether its in my driveway :'(

ill try to make it though, i also still need my OST sticker that i put on hold Razz any ideas where i can pick it up in the interim?

Cheers,

Eldar.O.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Sat, 05 March 2005 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Later, I should be able to organise an earlier shift, but there is only so early I can go. An evening cruise would be cool.
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Sat, 05 March 2005 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ignor this im an idiot

[Updated on: Sat, 05 March 2005 12:15]

WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Mon, 07 March 2005 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Howdy all!

Thanks for the input and interest..

Phirom.. naturally I take into account hard saturday nights.. as usally thats my main concern too! haha
coFF33.. dood, of course RA65s are welcome at OST.. it would be good to see your neat example down there
setsuna.. glad to hear the yellow situation is sorted, look forward to having your RA65 at the cruise
EldarO.. PM Ross aka Purple Monkey about getting your OST sticker before the cruise.. otherwise I'm sure there will be a few available on the day for anyone else who is interested in supporting your local Old Skool car club!
Nathan..
Quote:

It will be some time during the day/arvo tho... not a night cruise.

sorry! Rolling Eyes

Stay tuned for more details..
cheers
Damo
TRD 83
OST Event Organiser
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Tue, 08 March 2005 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WA_TRD_83 wrote on Mon, 07 March 2005 13:34

EldarO.. PM Ross aka Purple Monkey about getting your OST sticker before the cruise.. otherwise I'm sure there will be a few available on the day for anyone else who is interested in supporting your local Old Skool car club!

mate i would come to the cruise, but the van is a fucking heap of shit, and im ashamed of it :/
i would come with my mate in his s13, but it is an OST cruise Razz

Cheers,

Eldar.O.
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Wed, 09 March 2005 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Tue, 08 March 2005 22:20

mate i would come to the cruise, but the van is a fucking heap of shit, and im ashamed of it :/
i would come with my mate in his s13, but it is an OST cruise Razz
Cheers,
Eldar.O.

mate - I don't mind the odd S13 in the club, as long as they can appreciate that its a multi-make club and we don't become a SilviaWA the second coming overrun with Nissans.
As long as its OldSkool (ie pre90's) I'm interested! Smile

better than you not being there at all.

Cheers
Damo
TRD 83
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Wed, 09 March 2005 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats the problem man, he has two, the ca18 is a 1990, and the sr20 one is 1991, so, they dont qualify, but if your alright with it, i guess i can make him come along Razz

Cheers,

Eldar.O.

[Updated on: Fri, 11 March 2005 05:35]

coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Wed, 09 March 2005 20:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hoorayy i got work off .. ill be there with the RAHHHH65 !
HotAE92
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Thu, 10 March 2005 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds good, b there in the ol' ae92 hatch with no stereo
Endless
Regular

October 2004
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Thu, 10 March 2005 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i hope you dont mind a 91 supra in the group , if so ill try be there Smile
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Thu, 10 March 2005 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heck yeah - mk3's are well wiked! Very Happy

good to see the interest is there.

I've done up a draft map.. will give it a run this weekend, and then post more details.
Stay tuned

Cheers
Damo
TRD 83
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Sun, 13 March 2005 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any progress on this cruise WA_TRD_83

??
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Mon, 14 March 2005 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah guys - cruise is definately on.. I haven't given the map a run yet, hopefully tonight or tomorrow.

I was thinking a 1.30 meet and a cruise start around 2ish.. comments?

So far the cruise looks to be starting at Karrinyup shopping center and ending in Freo, with a couple of regroup points along the way, just to give an indication of where we'll be..

Stay tuned

Damo
TRD 83
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Mon, 14 March 2005 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yeh, I'm with Frank on LATER!! For all those who didn't turn-up yesterday, I couldn't really tell ya what you missed - I was still asleep myself!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Mon, 14 March 2005 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Celia-Sue wrote on Mon, 14 March 2005 09:55

Yeh, I'm with Frank on LATER!! For all those who didn't turn-up yesterday, I couldn't really tell ya what you missed - I was still asleep myself!

Mmmmnnn...coffee. 13 days, going strong man, well done Very Happy
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Mon, 14 March 2005 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Err ..... that's 14 days sans nicoteen. Though I'm trying a caffeine substitution therapy!

And I forgot to say why I quite .... I was started to break my own Holy Vow and lighting-up in the Supra Surprised . Not good!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Mon, 14 March 2005 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I oughta slap you down....at least you're rectifying the situation Very Happy
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Mon, 14 March 2005 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yeh, first coupla times I though it'd be OK if I rolled the window down and chucked the bitt out the window ... till Keep Australia Beautifil sent me a $50 fine Evil or Very Mad

now the car smells lile a cheap hooker with all those little scented trees hanging all over the place Rolling Eyes
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Mon, 14 March 2005 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
since when do hookers smell like new car scent ?
gorgan
Regular

November 2004
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Mon, 14 March 2005 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so no new cars allowed to come on the cruise Sad? or is it ok that we tag along? Razz
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Mon, 14 March 2005 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gorgan - of course new cars are welcome! the whole purpose of me posting on the Toymods forums, to attract a larger audience.
OST [OldSkool Toys] is a car club dominated by pre90's jap cars.. so as long as you fall into that category, you're encouraged to attend! Smile

Cheers
Damo
TRD 83
OST Event Organiser
gorgan
Regular

November 2004
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Mon, 14 March 2005 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WA_TRD_83 wrote on Mon, 14 March 2005 18:14

gorgan - of course new cars are welcome! the whole purpose of me posting on the Toymods forums, to attract a larger audience.
OST [OldSkool Toys] is a car club dominated by pre90's jap cars.. so as long as you fall into that category, you're encouraged to attend! Smile

Cheers
Damo
TRD 83
OST Event Organiser

hehehe by new cars i meant cars that are made after 90's Razz, my car is a 1996 corolla, so i guess im not going Sad
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Mon, 14 March 2005 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WA_TRD_83 wrote on Mon, 14 March 2005 15:14

coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Mon, 14 March 2005 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Mon, 14 March 2005 16:16

WA_TRD_83 wrote on Mon, 14 March 2005 15:14

i think thats a yes Gorgan .... just quietly ..
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Mon, 14 March 2005 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gorgan wrote on Mon, 14 March 2005 16:13

hehehe by new cars i meant cars that are made after 90's Razz, my car is a 1996 corolla, so i guess im not going Sad

Oh I see.. I misunderstood Embarassed
well mate, its a free country, I'm certainly not going to say you CAN'T come along - just be aware that it is an OldSkool club so there probably won't be too many newer cars for you to blend with Razz

Thanks for the interest tho! Smile

Damo
TRD 83
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Mon, 14 March 2005 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gorgan you could sell ya new car this week and buy an old toyota or 2 old toyotas and come on the cruise :p:p
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Mon, 14 March 2005 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WA_TRD_83 wrote on Mon, 14 March 2005 17:51

gorgan wrote on Mon, 14 March 2005 16:13

Oh I see.. I misunderstood Embarassed
well mate, its a free country, I'm certainly not going to say you CAN'T come along - just be aware that it is an OldSkool club so there probably won't be too many newer cars for you to blend with Razz

Thanks for the interest tho! Smile

Damo
TRD 83

Can't we all just get along?

..., Jesus, it's not that fucken hard, ..., they nailed some prick to the wall, for asking the same question, and if you think Perth is big enough to support a multitude of car clubs within the Toyota fraternity, ... , you're kidding yourself!

this is my semi pissed rant for the night, ..., see you on the day with whatever I feel like driving!
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Mon, 14 March 2005 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
umm, thanks Clint?! Confused

anyways.. back to the original topic.. details have now been updated in the original post for those interested.

Went for a run of the map tonight, made a few small changes, should be a good run tho...

See you all then!!

Cheers
Damo
TRD 83
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Mon, 14 March 2005 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You've missed the point - by specifying "Oldskool" (as if half the people know how to determine "oldschool"?!!!), you've killed half your target audience that would possibly turn up anyway.

Damo, come and talk to me on the cruise - no agro, no critisism, ..., just constructive dribble to make the Perth scene better.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Tue, 15 March 2005 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Count me out, I be at worky. Have fun.
Purple Monkey
Regular

April 2004
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Tue, 15 March 2005 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Someone is welcome to start a toyota club and OST would then become a branch of that club. I think that it is good to have some guidlines It means the people in the club have somthing alike not just the fact they own a car. I do think you dont want to get to specific e.g MX73 Cressidas owners club Very Happy
Purple Monkey
Regular

April 2004
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Tue, 15 March 2005 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Someone is welcome to start a toyota club and OST would then become a branch of that club. I think that it is good to have some guidlines It means the people in the club have somthing alike not just the fact they own a car. I do think you dont want to get to specific e.g MX73 Cressidas owners club Very Happy
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Tue, 15 March 2005 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Purple Monkey wrote on Tue, 15 March 2005 19:07

MX73 Cressidas owners club Very Happy

I'll be in that!
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Tue, 15 March 2005 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just tell me when and where for my ost sticker, hell, ill buy 2, one for each side of the car Smile

then ill piss off and leave you all to your fully sick oldskoolness ok?

Cheers,

Eldar.O.
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Wed, 16 March 2005 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone got CB radios ?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Wed, 16 March 2005 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not yet, but its on the list of things to buy (teh list is longer than my ....err...)
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Wed, 16 March 2005 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think a couple of people do.. I don't tho

Shouldn't need them tho.. its pretty straight foward, and my maps are always pretty acurate/detailed.

Everyone still up for it? including those with earlier interest?? Looks like we'll get a lucky break with the weather department, so should be a good day for a costal cruise. Cool

Cheers
Damo
TRD 83
buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Wed, 16 March 2005 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wish I could, but the fiancee and I are having lunch with some old family friends. It's a real once off kind of thing, so I can't blow it off. My car will appreciate a little more preperation time as well.
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Wed, 16 March 2005 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Note: for those who are on the OST e-mailing list, i just sent around the cruise map for you to print off..
for those not on the mailing list (tsk tsk) - I'll have a few copies of the map available on the day that i'll print off.. so come and see me. Smile

Cheers

Damo
TRD 83
OST Event Organiser
Maniac
Regular

September 2004
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Thu, 17 March 2005 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will hopefully be there.....along with stark so...count a cpl mk2's more.....will need some maps tho.....

cheers,
Dean
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Thu, 17 March 2005 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No worries Dean.. I'm happy to provide maps to fellow Mk2 owners! Very Happy
have you managed to secure another OST sticker?? We'll put on on hold for ya - hey Ross??..

* nice avatar too.. looks like a tidy Mk2 in the background Razz

Damo
TRD 83
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Thu, 17 March 2005 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damo ill grab an OSTsticker .. how much $$ ?
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Thu, 17 March 2005 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OST [Old Skool Toys] stickers - for those interested, are available for the reasonable price of $4.
Obviously this universal marking will look good as a bunch of cars cruising, or to recognise each other in the street on day to day driving.

looks like this:

http://img208.exs.cx/img208/3076/oststick019kj.jpg

They are available at most OST events, including the last few from the first production run at this weekends cruise.
Either see me, Rob or Ross... (i'll put names to faces at the cruise for those who don't know)

Another sticker run will be organised soon if there is enough demand for them.

Cheers
Damo
TRD 83
OST Event Organiser

ps. Ross/Rob.. looks like a few people are interested, bring however many you have left to the cruise!!
coFF33
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Thu, 17 March 2005 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill be grabbin one then Razz
TOYCSX
Regular

June 2004
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Fri, 18 March 2005 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i will be there for sure!

damo do you mind if i bring along some of the n-tence crew?
if not ill post it up on our site. Very Happy
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Fri, 18 March 2005 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Sorry folks Crying or Very Sad

I got a date with a new model Gtech and a Chaerger R/T (replica) and a some quiet stretches of road .... oooohh ..... say ...... about 400m in length. Rolling Eyes

Not that I would break the law or anything ......

I'll letcha know if I can get into the 13s and my mate in the Charger (duel fuel) makes it outa the 17s Laughing

If someone had some private property (say a bit of farm land) with a sealed 1/4 mle road - that'd make for one hell of a fun OST event Smile . We'd certainly get more runs in than at the Plex.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Fri, 18 March 2005 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You are blowing the cruise off to go dragging?

Thats weak dude, REALLY weak.
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Fri, 18 March 2005 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Fri, 18 March 2005 13:35

You are blowing the cruise off to go dragging?

Thats weak dude, REALLY weak.

Oh, so you've already clocked a bunch of 0-100kmh and 0.25 mile times?

This might be my onlu chance to mooch in on the use of the G-tech. Cruises seem to happening most months now (props to Dammo et. al.).

Anyway, have fun y'all!
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Fri, 18 March 2005 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, not yet, my G-Tech has been sitting on my desk for about 5 months now.
Still in the box.
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: OST Cruise - Sun 20th March Fri, 18 March 2005 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
my ma70 is on a train still and wont get here till mid next week.. i'll have to pass..

Sad
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Drag combat
Next Topic:Pre-Anzac Day Cruise. Sunday the 24th April. Meet @ 10.30. Helipad on Riverside Dve
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:33:46 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01002311706543 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.