Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Thou Shalt Not ....

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Thou Shalt Not .... Thu, 03 March 2005 14:44 Go to next message
Thou Shalt Not ...

1) ...drive without a bottle of water in the boot

2) ...forget to charge your mobile phone

3) ...drive a car with a faulty temperature sensor

4) ...say she'll be right til I get home

5) ...use dodgy hose for connecting radiator

6) ...forget to keep a torch in the car

7) ...leave the house without a 8mm socket in the boot

Cool ...forget to keep a stanley knife in the car

9) ...forget what the number for the pizza place down the road is

10) oh ... use dodgy hose for connecting radiator

any guess what happened tonight ? Surprised lucky the 1g is tough as nails .. got her home safely ..
  Send a private message to this user    
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Thou Shalt Not .... Thu, 03 March 2005 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dodgy hose is beter than no hose at all
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Thou Shalt Not .... Thu, 03 March 2005 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like you came across some overheating problems... care to share the story?
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Thou Shalt Not .... Thu, 03 March 2005 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pfft, all u would have needed is a roll of gaffa tape and some urine.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: Thou Shalt Not .... Thu, 03 March 2005 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Fri, 04 March 2005 08:04

Sounds like the makings of a MacGuiver fetish video
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Thou Shalt Not .... Thu, 03 March 2005 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedave wrote on Fri, 04 March 2005 08:33

rob_RA40 wrote on Fri, 04 March 2005 08:04

Sounds like the makings of a MacGuiver fetish video

HAHAHAHHA

nice fellas ..

yeah overheated because of olddd hose .. I needed new hose, but didn't know how soon .. so I guess it was last night ! Razz
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Thou Shalt Not .... Thu, 03 March 2005 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate had the same thing happen in his '94 Verada - blew his heater hose at 6,000rpm and W.O.T. - dumped the whole lot! Luckily we were both running "floor bins" and had empty 1.25L & 2L coke bottles up the wazooo! a longish walk to find a tap later (on teh freeway) and some nail-clipper work on the hose-end had him back in business. Very Happy

Silly bugger drove around on the shortened, stuffed hose for 5 months before he replaced it! Rolling Eyes
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Thou Shalt Not .... Fri, 04 March 2005 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
st184 sillycar wrote on Fri, 04 March 2005 10:12

Mate had the same thing happen in his '94 Verada - blew his heater hose at 6,000rpm and W.O.T. - dumped the whole lot! Luckily we were both running "floor bins" and had empty 1.25L & 2L coke bottles up the wazooo! a longish walk to find a tap later (on teh freeway) and some nail-clipper work on the hose-end had him back in business. Very Happy

Silly bugger drove around on the shortened, stuffed hose for 5 months before he replaced it! Rolling Eyes

There needs to be a macguiver thread dedicated to saves like this...

I've got one, we were driving through the nasho and the car just dies... Get out and the dizzy cap has blown the centre lead out and burnt out all the metal thing inside... so there was nothing to hold the plug on... so we grabbed shoelaces and tied the lead on... we made it home but...
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Thou Shalt Not .... Fri, 04 March 2005 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HAHA nice one !! shoe laces !!!

yeh need a macgyver thread ... now where is my trusty pocket knife ...
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Thou Shalt Not .... Fri, 04 March 2005 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ill have to pulm out the shoelace repair to my rear swaybar Smile

thig held like a charm - better than the cable ties we tried first !
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Thou Shalt Not .... Fri, 04 March 2005 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Although if you were MacGuiver youd carve a new dizzy cap out of wood from the surrounding trees, and make a new wire from shavings off the armco railing...

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Thou Shalt Not .... Fri, 04 March 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"thank you signor macguyver"

"dont thank me, thank the moon's gravitational pull"

Laughing
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Thou Shalt Not .... Fri, 04 March 2005 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tweaked a Dizzy-cap into its "sweet spot" with occy straps on a buddy's Gemini yonks ago, back in tah skool dayz. Totally did the trick too!

[Updated on: Fri, 04 March 2005 03:19]

ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Thou Shalt Not .... Fri, 04 March 2005 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
last Friday on the track, was comin out of a hairpin, tackling the back corners, when i noticed i was sitting considerably far back, and my seat was 'clicking' everytime i chucked the ass out, got out into the pits and noticed my seat rail and seat mount on the chassis had both BROKEN !!

out came Macguiver mode and i shoved a scissor jack underneath the rail, occy strap reinforcement, zip ties and duct tape, was all sweet!

went out for 2 more session after that Cool
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Thou Shalt Not .... Fri, 04 March 2005 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
11) Drive anywhere without duck tape in the jack compartment
studman
Occasional Poster

On Probation

March 2005
Re: Thou Shalt Not .... Fri, 04 March 2005 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
12) drive around with your hand on you donger Laughing
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Thou Shalt Not .... Fri, 04 March 2005 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
13. attempt repairs without a WST.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Thou Shalt Not .... Fri, 04 March 2005 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Fri, 04 March 2005 16:43

13. attempt repairs without a WST.

ohh... THAT'S what I have been doing wrong Very Happy

14. Forget to injure thyself while performing even the most menial repair task.
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Thou Shalt Not .... Fri, 04 March 2005 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
15) have sex with a goat

NOLAN

[Updated on: Fri, 04 March 2005 05:45]

unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Thou Shalt Not .... Fri, 04 March 2005 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
16) Do burnouts on nolans lawn.
Farkurnell
Regular

February 2005

Re: Thou Shalt Not .... Fri, 04 March 2005 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
17) Go slops on the goat.
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Thou Shalt Not .... Fri, 04 March 2005 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I pulled out some macgyver mechanics the other day at work. Van's starter motor decided to lay dead for abit.

I was in an underground carpark in the city So it was dark, i had no tools, no torch, literally nothing in the car. At this point the attendant told me I had to get out of the loading dock in 5min.

The macgyver plot was set, what did I do?!

I made a new starter motor out of old wire, duct tape, matches and some old gunpowder... just kidding..

Rumaged into a storeroom, found a pole and bashed that starter good Wink

[Updated on: Fri, 04 March 2005 07:55]

unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Thou Shalt Not .... Fri, 04 March 2005 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Congratulations, how many times did you get shot?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Thou Shalt Not .... Fri, 04 March 2005 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Fri, 04 March 2005 18:23

Rumaged into a storeroom, found a pole and bashed that starter good Wink

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Thou Shalt Not .... Fri, 04 March 2005 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dear MacGuyver, Enclosed is a rubber band, a paper clip, and a drinking straw. Please save my dog
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Thou Shalt Not .... Fri, 04 March 2005 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
18) leave goat outside , at night , unattended for perves to hook onto..

got to invest in a mini kit - suggestions on bare minumum tools to carry for newbies guys

Mine would be 8, 10, 12 ring/open ended spanner - and one med phillips head , one flat head screwdriver - some black tape , cable ties - and a clamp or two for hoses

st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Thou Shalt Not .... Fri, 04 March 2005 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pliers man - DON'T leave home without pliers ! ! ! - Needle nosed if you can Very Happy
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Thou Shalt Not .... Fri, 04 March 2005 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
st184 sillycar wrote on Fri, 04 March 2005 23:55

Pliers man - DON'T leave home without pliers ! ! ! - Needle nosed if you can Very Happy

Reminds me why I used to drive around with needle nosed pliers. It wasn't for any mechanical reasons, no. Rather it was so I could change the volume on my stereo (most important!) since the knob had broken off...

EDIT: There was a MacGyver thread a while ago though I can't remember the title...

[Updated on: Fri, 04 March 2005 13:32]

79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Thou Shalt Not .... Fri, 04 March 2005 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
with an 8, 9 10,12 and 14mm spanner, a phillips and flat bladed screw driver you can pretty much undo anything on the car.. And you'd want cable ties, duct tape, pliers, hammer, jack...

Anyone care to add stuff?
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Thou Shalt Not .... Sat, 05 March 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
79rollaboy wrote on Sat, 05 March 2005 10:36

with an 8, 9 10,12 and 14mm spanner, a phillips and flat bladed screw driver you can pretty much undo anything on the car.. And you'd want cable ties, duct tape, pliers, hammer, jack...

Anyone care to add stuff?

sure while were goin off the deep end you may want to add,

a rachet set
troley jack
towing rope
toe bar
those little minibikes
another car
a goat
a prostitute
box of condoms
midget security guard,

Laughing Laughing

please note u may have to remove ur spare tire to fit some of these products in hehehe

NOLAN
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: Thou Shalt Not .... Sat, 05 March 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It may sound stupid but you should carry some chewing gum too.

Whilst travelling from Canberra to Sydney I split the radiator in my ol' HQ. After a few minutes of chewing the split was filled with gum, radiator topped up and away we went. By the time we got home the chewwie had gone rock hard and didn't leak a drop. Went and got a reco radiator a few days later.

Another time in Canberra (both where seperate Summernats trips) my mate cracked the flare off the fuel pump output line on his KE30. We undid the line and wrapped thread tape around the bottom of the pipe below the nut to make an olive. Refitted the nut and away he went. I think he drove around like this for a few months before he replaced the pipe.

Brad
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Thou Shalt Not .... Sat, 05 March 2005 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BradW wrote on Sat, 05 March 2005 14:57

Whilst travelling from Canberra to Sydney I split the radiator in my ol' HQ. After a few minutes of chewing the split was filled with gum, radiator topped up and away we went. By the time we got home the chewwie had gone rock hard and didn't leak a drop. Went and got a reco radiator a few days later.

Brad

or you could carry gaffa tape Razz

either way..

NOLAN
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: Thou Shalt Not .... Sat, 05 March 2005 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nolan wrote on Sat, 05 March 2005 15:00

Brad

either way..

NOLAN

Gaffa tape wouldn't have worked in this situation as it split down one of the tubes in the core.

Gaffa tape is always handy though especially if your goat is on the smaller side Shocked Laughing .

Also you can fix almost anything with cable ties Very Happy

Brad
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Thou Shalt Not .... Sat, 05 March 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BradW wrote on Sat, 05 March 2005 15:21

Nolan wrote on Sat, 05 March 2005 15:00

Brad

either way..

NOLAN

Gaffa tape wouldn't have worked in this situation as it split down one of the tubes in the core.

Gaffa tape is always handy though especially if your goat is on the smaller side Shocked Laughing .

Also you can fix almost anything with cable ties Very Happy

Brad

ahahaha

mate there is nothing that cannot be fixed buy 5 simple things

1) gaffa tape
2) loctite
3) chewing gum
4) cable ties
5) a goat

Very Happy

simple as...

NOLAN
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Thou Shalt Not .... Sat, 05 March 2005 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Theres a lesson hiddin in all of this, if you spend more time with a goat then people, you'll get a nasty infection.
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Thou Shalt Not .... Sat, 05 March 2005 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Brad

"... and when it came on boost .. i saw this piece of chewy fly past the passenger side window !! "

hehe
Farkurnell
Regular

February 2005

Re: Thou Shalt Not .... Sat, 05 March 2005 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I carry most of that stuff but does anyone know where I can get a goat? I'd like to buy a new one, not a used one.

Greg.
Azza
Regular

December 2004
Re: Thou Shalt Not .... Sat, 05 March 2005 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm selling one or two as my goat jsut had mutant halfbred cantaur type creatuers, however one of them is jsut a plain goat. PM me if your interested.
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Thou Shalt Not .... Sat, 05 March 2005 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Fri, 04 March 2005 19:30

18)
got to invest in a mini kit - suggestions on bare minumum tools to carry for newbies guys

Mine would be 8, 10, 12 ring/open ended spanner - and one med phillips head , one flat head screwdriver - some black tape , cable ties - and a clamp or two for hoses

no way, you ned the toyota essentials = 8, 10, 12, 14, 17, 19, 22. sockets, extensions, and rachet, as well as open and ring spanners. pliers, a hammer, block of wood, jack, lube, a file, shifter, driver with various bits, and the "pryin bar" (ala norbie). you will be unstopable. you might need some fluids as well, mobil, caltex, ansell...what ever your needs require Laughing
Farkurnell
Regular

February 2005

Re: Thou Shalt Not .... Sun, 06 March 2005 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azza wrote on Sat, 05 March 2005 23:35

I'm selling one or two as my goat jsut had mutant halfbred cantaur type creatuers, however one of them is jsut a plain goat. PM me if your interested.

I'll take one of the Centaur ones. It should put up more of a fight than a normal goat.
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Thou Shalt Not .... Sun, 06 March 2005 09:27 Go to previous message
Azza wrote on Sat, 05 March 2005 23:35

yeah il take the normal goat..

and unforgiven if u take the necissary precations u will avoid all nasty infections Rolling Eyes

NOLAN
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MA61 Carpet
Next Topic:RTA - Vehicle Standards Information
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 18:15:56 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0082569122314453 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.