Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic

icon14.gif  LAND SPEED RECORD Sun, 24 November 2002 02:19 Go to next message
Early this morning,

at an undisclosed location,

an undisclosed 1j powered vehicle was clocked at over 260 kph Shocked ,

VERIFIED BY GPS Very Happy .

Dont try this in your corollas boys, in fact....

DO NOT TRY THIS !

and NO it wasnt me.

[Updated on: Sun, 24 November 2002 02:22] by Moderator

rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Sun, 24 November 2002 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehehe I have a funny feeling I know what the undisclosed car maybe! Smile

I saw you at an undisclosed location last night on my way home but it was too late to call ya ! Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Sun, 24 November 2002 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Holy crap...
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Sun, 24 November 2002 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont try this in a corolla! f... off if i cant get at least 260km\h out of mine ill give up cars for ever. ive already been thinking of taking mine out to the salt flats with a very tall diff so i can set the world record for a 4ag powered corolla. but mine in road trim should push 260km\h if not ill just have to clean up the aerodynamics. ive always wanted to hold a world speed record and was only thinking about it last night driving home from work thats why this string caught my eye. if you want to impress me you will have to beat our race cars with 6th gear 1to1 and a 3.77 diff with a natro 350 chev reaching 300km\h this is with huge carbonfibre downforce wings,so the point is never bag a rolla when im around as it might just bite you in the bum!haha
mick

[Updated on: Sun, 24 November 2002 09:01]

feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Sun, 24 November 2002 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak wohoooooooooooooo..............

(so where are the pic's)hehehee

if i cant get to the end of my speedo (240 kp/h) i'll be pissed Mad .
all i got to do is get rid of this bloody speed cut thingy (195kph) behind my speedo in the dash..... Evil or Very Mad

it did 205 with the ge in it....

[Updated on: Sun, 24 November 2002 09:09]

Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Sun, 24 November 2002 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK Mick,

there are a few exceptional corollas out there which would beat this number all it takes is grunt and balls.

I'm ok with that.

The car in question would go faster but the auto box got real hot and would have slipped if pushed harder, even with a large oil cooler.

Probably 270 would be a good figure under the right conditions.

Hp was not the issue in this case, it pulled up to over 250 on a part throttle.

and was not on boost cruising at this speed.

We always knew it would do it, only having a 180 k speedo usually leaves numbers up to speculation.
I just thought it was cool having 11 satelites track us updating our speed every second to 1 decimal place.

I wasnt even in the car - only chasing.
I am lacking in the coconuts to be doing those kinds of speed, especially as a passenger.

Matt

kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Sun, 24 November 2002 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha there are a few! high speed is fun if the car is setup for it, but scarey if not. you have to be very light on the steering and throttle.
rollaboy
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Sun, 24 November 2002 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did this car have a roll cage??

Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Sun, 24 November 2002 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah no cage, you only need one of those if you're gunna crash, and that was not our intention. it was pretty stock.

I thought it was impressive for a factory computer, factory turbos automatic trans car.

From what I'm told, it sat rock solid on the road. Very confidence inspiring.

Mine is the same, it'll cruise at low flying aeroplane speeds quiet and stable. Makes driving at this speed really easy.

Not like my old celica,

Has anyone else ever done 210 in a ta22 with stock brakes??

You havent lived till you try it !!!

Matt

feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Sun, 24 November 2002 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freak yeah, my mr2 feels better on the road (sorry track) Up To Something the faster i go Evil or Very Mad ...
feels very stable and safe...
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Sun, 24 November 2002 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
An undisclosed driver (who was curious how quick it would take to hit 200) in an undisclosed RA60 has hit 200km/h by the speedo. The speedo is way out though... 110km/h by the clock is close to 130km/h on the speedos of other cars... So it must've been doing 230-240km/h and still pulling like a train.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Mon, 25 November 2002 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark u should get hold of a gps, its the most accurate way to check your speedo !!

Remedy
Regular

August 2002

Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Mon, 25 November 2002 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
once I have my Apexi Rev/speed meter in I'll give this speed record a challenge. need to have the speed limiter removed and have somewhere to display speeds over 180km/h.

On a track day of course Very Happy
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Mon, 25 November 2002 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yojimbo wrote on Mon, 25 November 2002 13:18

Nark u should get hold of a gps, its the most accurate way to check your speedo !!

Where do I get one those from? K-Mart? Very Happy
Richard84
Regular

October 2002
Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Mon, 25 November 2002 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice boys, very nice.

Matt, was it here on the coast?
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Mon, 25 November 2002 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Mon, 25 November 2002 15:10

Yojimbo wrote on Mon, 25 November 2002 13:18

Where do I get one those from? K-Mart? Very Happy

Nark,

There are cheap ones out there around the $200 dollar mark. Not very advanced but most will give give you a speed reading.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Mon, 25 November 2002 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
god nark if you take your car over 200kmh your mad! remmeber i have driven it and it was like a lounge chair. please tell me you have spent a few thousand on supenssion! haha
mick
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon10.gif  Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Mon, 25 November 2002 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Mick, when did you last drive my car? I have spent a few thousand on the handling... It was pretty stable at that speed, except for bumps. Very Happy
Maybe not quite as tied down as your car. Razz

$200 isn't bad for GPS! But I think I might wait for my 3G phone... They come with GPS as standard... Very Happy

Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Tue, 26 November 2002 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What kind of phone you getting Nark ??

I assume you mean the 3G cdma network ??

3g should be running very soon Wink

Matt

Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon1.gif  Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Tue, 26 November 2002 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No plans for a 3G phone at the moment. When my current contract runs out though I'll be seriously looking at a 3G phone. I've already played around with a bunch of prototypes. They were pretty damn funky!!

Just depends on the price and the features that the telcos will provide.

Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Tue, 26 November 2002 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well when you are ready give me a yell , My GF is state manager of Kyocera wireless here. They made the cdma phone of the year the last 3 years running.
If you are serious I can organise a loaner to help your decision.

I have already ordered my Kyocera 7135, hope to get it b4 xmass, they arent to be released till march !!!

Matt

kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Tue, 26 November 2002 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it was when we put the third 1ggte in your car. let me guess its still going strong.
mick
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon2.gif  Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Tue, 26 November 2002 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mick, since then the big wheels have gone on. They make a BIG difference to the amount of grip that I have....

Going at that speed was a lot better than when I had stock suspension.... Ooh my that was scary once past 180km/h!! Shocked
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Wed, 27 November 2002 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wellllllllllllllllllll, i got something that'll blow u away

flat to the floor in my 1977 RT104 Gen III with 18RC and 3 speed slushmatic, 150K WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I was scared shitless

i was racing an AE86

EVEN too

YEAH BABY

RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Wed, 27 November 2002 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey, you guys should all buy bikes, I used to sit on 200-220 on the way to work every morning (usually with brief squirts to 245). Unfortunately, watching the world fly pass at 245 sitting on top of an engine connected to wheels is a little ennerving so 245 was the best I got.

Vry big fun though...

PS I only ever got 1 ticket that year, doing 90 in an 80!!
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Wed, 27 November 2002 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WORLD SPEED RECORD FOR A 3K MOTOR IN A KE!!!

sometime the other thursday, and annonymous KE50 reached the awesome speed of 145kph! Shocked unfortunately despite the downhill slope, no greater speed was recorded... a 3K just can't go any faster!! there is a witness too! Very Happy
RollaLevin
Occasional Poster

August 2002
Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Wed, 27 November 2002 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It warms the heart to see good quality high speed hooning going on.

145km/h for a 3k? in perth there is a multi-KM downhill stretch of road, any reasonably aerodynamic car hits 140-150 in neutral Laughing

maybe on this hill the 3k could do 180?!? hahaa
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Wed, 27 November 2002 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im afraid that the car in question has the aerodynamics of a brick. And having the car in gear with full throttle would slow it down more...

Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Wed, 27 November 2002 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Mick I just spoke to the driver in question he said "[you're] full of shit!!"

Apparently he knows you.

and also added "Supra's will always be the superior vehicle."

Matt

rollaboy
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Wed, 27 November 2002 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what are some records for AE82 Twinky's?? Anyone??
BR1183
Regular

October 2002
Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Sat, 30 November 2002 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
About that ta-22 question a while back.
I have done 230km/h in mine with stock brakes chasing after my father in our EF FALCON shit that car can go fast.
But my ta-22 has a few modifications to the engine like a EFI system and a chipped computer.
I was young and cocky and did not have a roll cage so I was a d**k head at that stage.
The old girl now has a turbo and i dont want to see what it does now unless on the track with an ambulance on the side.
[TOYROTA]
Regular

July 2002
Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Sat, 30 November 2002 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What is the highest speed anyone has reached in a STOCK-AS-A-ROCK TA22? like i'm talking stock-to-the-max here. Not even any aftermarket body-lightening rust, i'm talking stock. What did the factory quote? When my little girl was stock (too long ago to remmember) i got her up to 176km down a slight hill with a slight backwind, and it was still picking up speed, albeit 1km per 3km's! (I was also scared the motor would blow cause it was revving it's tit's off!) By the way mine had the stock 2T with the 5speed. How much quicker have any of you guys gotten? (actually mine had a filter and was lowered, if that makes any difference)

André

[Updated on: Sat, 30 November 2002 12:05]

BR1183
Regular

October 2002
Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Tue, 03 December 2002 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The factory quote for a TA-22 with a 2T engine and a 4 speed trans is 105mph Very Happy .When it is a fully stock car.
I don't know the 5 speed trans fastest speed yet.
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Tue, 03 December 2002 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i cant get my 18R-C past 210km/h

even down a hill... it just wont go faster.
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Tue, 03 December 2002 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After reading everyone's acievements in their "modern" cars and having just completed fitting a 5mge in my '70 MS55 Crown you all inspired me. So how's 120 MPH on std suspension in the old beast. Sat flat as, Think it confused the guy in the crumadore who sat next to me all the way.

BoB_JonEz
Regular

August 2002

Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Sun, 08 December 2002 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Wed, 27 November 2002 12:57

WORLD SPEED RECORD FOR A 3K MOTOR IN A KE!!!

sometime the other thursday, and annonymous KE50 reached the awesome speed of 145kph! Shocked unfortunately despite the downhill slope, no greater speed was recorded... a 3K just can't go any faster!! there is a witness too! Very Happy

Sorry to burst your bubble, but a mate and I did 150kph and a bit Smile before I decided not to go for 100mph in my brothers ke30.

My brother was impressed, but I don't think he'll ever take it that far (not even when he finally gets his licence)

Edit: That was on a flat piece of road just north of beechboro in perth. I don't think he's let me drive his car since.

And my 72 datsun 180B I had doing 170kph through the tunnel in perth, original engine. top speed when new 177kph. Might have to test it again now my mate owns it and has a 5spd for it.

[Updated on: Sun, 08 December 2002 14:32]

Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Sun, 08 December 2002 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
um, an undisclosed gold TA22 was at 120kmh on the geelong freeway

would do more i'm sure but not with the *current* suspension.

although i do remember an undisclosed vs berlina v6 doing 215kmh.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Sun, 08 December 2002 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, here's a few ideas as to the terminal velocity of the KE50 being so shit.
- it has the areodynamics of a brick
- the 3K had not seen an inch nor a spark of movement from june til oct this year.
- im scared of the *handling* associated with 155 tyres
- was weighed down by myself, a mate, 3 weeks worth of rubbish, 2 amps, 2 12" subs and 1 feckin huge 18mm MDF box
- there was a sidewind?

sleeka
Regular

September 2002
Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Mon, 09 December 2002 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well you all suck,

my monza red ra23 celica did 180km/w pretty maxed out LOL. and it leaks oil and blows smoke. ahahahahaha yeah i know pretty shitty but i was impressed its an 18rj? not sure where this engine is from.
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Mon, 09 December 2002 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does 180km/w mean 180 kilometers per week????
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Mon, 09 December 2002 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yojimbo
is this statment ment for me? as im lost as to what the meaning is?
"Hey Mick I just spoke to the driver in question he said "[you're] full of shit!!"
Apparently he knows you.

and also added "Supra's will always be the superior vehicle." "

mick
Shteeve
Regular

July 2002

Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Mon, 09 December 2002 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh i got my ke55 to 160ks down a hill on ferntree gully road Smile
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Tue, 10 December 2002 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A certain R33 GTR driver was not impressed when a certain Corolla beat him down the M4 Motorway... He hit 180 and the Corolla went by at 195...
87seca
Regular

May 2002

Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Sat, 14 December 2002 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

what are some records for AE82 Twinky's?? Anyone??

it only reads to 200 Rolling Eyes after that is anyones guess.... Very Happy
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Tue, 17 December 2002 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have no idea who's car this is but I am pretty sure its a Celica Rolling Eyes (And no its not mine) I vagly remember hearing it cornered comfortably at this speed and the road was flat Wink

There was also some mention of early am and the federal Highway but I am sure that was unrelated.

http://www.toymods.org.au/~rod/Pornstar/Anonomous%20small.jpg

On the serious side tho I'm sure all these exploits were conducted under controlled conditions and of course never on Public roads. !

Most of us have given our cars a push beyond the legal limits but please for you safty and the safty of others limit it to racetracks and the like that are designed for such an undertaking.
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Tue, 17 December 2002 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the little switch just below 8000 rpm on the tacho says it all
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Tue, 17 December 2002 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I say that speed in a Celica of that age is well done but also, taking a pic of the dash travelling at that speed is quite an achievement of it's own...
strober
Regular

June 2002
Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Tue, 17 December 2002 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my speedo goes up to 220km/h but if i take the car above 130km/h the doors will fall off Laughing
took me about 3 mins to reach 60km/h on an inclined road thru the national park once.

how long does it take for new springs to settle? 5 weeks? back seems higher than the front(and the left rear)
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Tue, 17 December 2002 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got my speedo up to 140 once BEEF(3spd auto....gimme a break)

but i THINK in the manual it says top speed is 125.....so my speedo might be reading wrong

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Tue, 17 December 2002 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The RA60 I've got had no trouble getting to 175kph fully loaded with the air-con on. The road was very smooth, so it was quite composed considering.
My old Starion smacked through the 200kph barrier...mind you, was accelerating sooo slowly by this point as the little TC05 couldn't keep the boost level up as the revs climbed.
BR1183
Regular

October 2002
Re: LAND SPEED RECORD Wed, 18 December 2002 01:51 Go to previous message
This is to the celica doing 200km/h that is exelent for a celica I should know I have been there in mine it is a little hairy controling it.
But I have done some work to my engine by the time I had done that I had fuel injected the old 2t with a kit off a lazer.
I dont know the speed I was doing dut it was over 200km/h.
Have just finished turboing it with a turbo off a nissan 2L had problems with my last on done the bearings in on it. but it will be back on the road this afternoon Very Happy Smile Very Happy .
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:TA22 made it to Gods's Country!
Next Topic:Intercooler is in.. Almost !
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 14:53:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.007763147354126 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.