Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

%km odometer test Fri, 04 March 2005 06:14 Go to next message
Ok RTA is useless and cant even direct me to which dept is in charge of the 5km odometer test sites on the side of the main roads.

Sooooo

does anyone know of any 5km odo test points between parra and the wider surrounding area?

I really need to calibrate the new speedo Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: %km odometer test Fri, 04 March 2005 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i knows there one in wollongong, aparts from that nfi
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: %km odometer test Fri, 04 March 2005 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not the best way to calibrate a speedo I'd say.
You could take it to a pro to do it properly, or borrow/buy a GPS cos they are rather accurate with speed readings.
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: %km odometer test Fri, 04 March 2005 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is one on the hume highway down near wollongong....and one on pacific hwy less than an hour from syd, but not sure where....
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: %km odometer test Fri, 04 March 2005 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just need a semi accurate distance as the speedo is self/reprogramable.. so all will be good. hmm woolongongs a bit out of the way
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: %km odometer test Fri, 04 March 2005 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's on the Hume Hwy, before Picton Rd, so not more than 10-15 out of Campbelltown.

Or borrow a GPS... Much more accurate.
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: %km odometer test Fri, 04 March 2005 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can i borrow your gps max Razz
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: %km odometer test Fri, 04 March 2005 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One past Wollongong... and on the freeway up to Queensland somewhere...
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: %km odometer test Fri, 04 March 2005 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you know the tire size, diff/gearbox ratio, just go off the tacho.

Work out what speed you should be doing in 4th @ 2000rpm with one of the online calculators, and set the speedo to this.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: %km odometer test Fri, 04 March 2005 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IRA11Y wrote on Fri, 04 March 2005 18:59

can i borrow your gps max Razz

Razz
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: %km odometer test Fri, 04 March 2005 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You could drive backwards untill it reached zero?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: %km odometer test Fri, 04 March 2005 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Macarthur Bridge on the camden bypass is about 1043m long (iirc) i use it to time my speedo's Wink
wonder if you can get a firm number for it?
Cya, Stewart
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: %km odometer test Fri, 04 March 2005 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on my way to picton yesterday, and there's one just after campbelltown heading towards picton and the exit for it (picton road) Very Happy

Near the sky diving school...
WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: %km odometer test Fri, 04 March 2005 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dimmy77_03 wrote on Fri, 04 March 2005 22:29

on my way to picton yesterday, and there's one just after campbelltown heading towards picton and the exit for it (picton road) Very Happy

Near the sky diving school...

yeah and the one near wollongong is in between berkley and albion park which is about 10-15minutes past wollongong.
db__
Regular

August 2004
Re: %km odometer test Fri, 04 March 2005 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theres speedo checks on the M4 on the way to katoomba / blue mountains
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: %km odometer test Fri, 04 March 2005 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You would be better off getting a friend with a new car (with cruise control) to sit on 100km/h in front of you on the freeway and you can match your speed to his.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: %km odometer test Fri, 04 March 2005 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I work at dick smiths, so this is my advise to you. Go into any dick smiths store, and purchase this unit:

http://dseau.resultspage.com/search.php?p=R&sr id=S9&lbc=dseau&w=uniden%20speed&url=h ttp%3a%2f%2fwww%2edse%2ecom%2eau%2fcgi%2dbin%2fdse %2estorefront%2f%5fsessionid%5f%2fProduct%2fView%2 fD2749&rk=1&uid=94992645&sid=2&ts= p2&sessionid=422878690e83211a2740c0a87f9c0708& amp;method=and

Use it to calibrate your speedo, and then return it within 14 days in original condition with packaging and receipt, for a full refund. Wink
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: %km odometer test Sun, 06 March 2005 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
uhmm ok.. seems some people have got the wrong end of the stick on this topic Smile

I allready have a speedo that works... im not testing to see if my current speedo is incorrect. My new speedo uses a hall sensor to find a set count of pulses over X distance to calibrate itself by simply telling it when X distance is achieved accurately.

the RTA uses an accurate method to calculate the 5km speedo trial.

All i need to do is find one of those, coast along the first 1 km accurately between the markers and set my speedo calibration.

sooo thanks to all those who let me know where those are.. looks like ill be doing a trip up the mountains tomorrow Smile
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: %km odometer test Sun, 06 March 2005 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hay Michael
there is one on the m4 form Australia's wonderland 2 erskin park
u no were that is?
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: %km odometer test Sun, 06 March 2005 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yup.. nice and close, thanks for that
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: %km odometer test Sun, 06 March 2005 12:44 Go to previous message
Yeah, but the one on the M4 has one of the markers out, can't remember which one though, so you'll have to use the full 5km which is accurate.
I think one of the intermediate ones was taken out by an accident & the tool who reinstalled it simply used his car odometer (I think it either the 2 or 3km mark, but don't quote me)
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Cheap ST205 GT4 on Carsales - $15,000!
Next Topic:MA61 Carpet
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 23:01:55 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058209896087646 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.