Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Engine Mods and Rego in Perth WA???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
icon4.gif  Engine Mods and Rego in Perth WA??? Thu, 03 March 2005 12:16 Go to next message
Hi,
I'm looking at getting my TA22 registered in Perth from the current SA rego. It has a 3T GTE engine and the car is immaculate as some will know.

Anyone know whats involved in getting a 3T GTE registered in Perth. Is an engineers report needed, are brake fade tests etc etc required? Hoping its easier than in SA. Is running an aftermarket ECU a problem, eg Microtech LTX8?

Any help or tips would be useful.

Cheers,
Simon
  Send a private message to this user    
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Engine Mods and Rego in Perth WA??? Thu, 03 March 2005 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon,
Welcome to Perth !
No-where in Australia is it easier to rego a car than in SA mate.
Given that the car is currently rego'd there you should only need to have a roadworthy / engine number check type inspection when you hand the SA plates in and apply for WA plates.
I take it you have an engineers report from SA ?
First thing I would do is call Vehicle Safety Branch in Welshpool or your closest licencing centre and ask them what you need to do.
If you can't support the conversion with an eng. report then you may well need to engage a local engineer.
Brake tests only required if your system is not a complete one from a later model car, and an aftermarket ECU is no problem here.
PM me if you want to chat further.
(I went over the pits on Monday this week - passed no worries.)
Cheers,
Mitch.
(Classic Celica on Yahoo Groups)
RA28midge
Regular

September 2002
Re: Engine Mods and Rego in Perth WA??? Fri, 04 March 2005 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
registering a standard car in SA is easy, but from what I understand SA is the hardest state to rego a modified car.
My one contribution is that you have to have an immobiliser and/or and alarm in your car to register it in Perth.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Engine Mods and Rego in Perth WA??? Fri, 04 March 2005 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did not know that SA was a tough state for modded cars, thanks for the heads up.

I can tell you that in WA no immobiliser is required for any car over 25 years old - so you don't have to worry about that expense and hassle.

BTW Simon - are you interested in working as an official on Targa West in Perth in September this year ?
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: Engine Mods and Rego in Perth WA??? Fri, 04 March 2005 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, in SA if you just want to swap an engine like for like, its just paperwork and really easy.
BUT, mod your car and its a night mare. You need a full engineers report, no aftermarket ECU accepted, no blow off vlave going to atmosphere, hard on wheel track, need to do brake fade and lane changing tests, exhaust gas analysis needed and so on.
i'm glad I'm now in WA, it was just getting to expensive to go through all the crap in SA.

Cya,
Simon
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Engine Mods and Rego in Perth WA??? Fri, 04 March 2005 16:42 Go to previous message
Thanks for the heads up on that. WA is a breeze compared to the nightmare over the boarder.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Paseo info
Next Topic:suspention for 86 need answer
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 30 13:08:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00376296043396 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.