Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Parts Wanted » WTD one or two nice looking wheels to make a coffe table out of...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
WTD one or two nice looking wheels to make a coffe table out of... Sat, 05 March 2005 14:29 Go to next message
Hi,

I'm thinking of making a coffee table out of a nice alloy wheel... I am looking for one or two wheels that are in good to great condition but are also really cheap. I am thinking it may be possible to find a lonely wheel that therefore is cheap because of its lack of friends to roll with.

Aiming for at least 16"... 17" or bigger is preferable because it adds stability and table top area.

Basically, anyone with an odd wheel lying about post a pic and tell me what you want for it. If you know of a good place that sells cheap odd wheels also post that.

Here is a pic of something similar to what I have in mind. I took this pic at the motorshow... Shannons reckon this one is worth $1000-$2000 Shocked Hence why I plan to make my own instead of buy one. Wink

http://img100.exs.cx/img100/3899/coffeetable3nu.jpg
  Send a private message to this user    
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: WTD one or two nice looking wheels to make a coffe table out of... Sat, 05 March 2005 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bahaha is that like an old gto rim or something Laughing Laughing
there must be some chpea oz brand that makes a design like that, god knows ive seen plenty of them. performance maybe?
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: WTD one or two nice looking wheels to make a coffe table out of... Sat, 05 March 2005 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try the diy wreckers
normaly they have like 1 or 3 good wheels/mags Confused
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: WTD one or two nice looking wheels to make a coffe table out of... Sat, 05 March 2005 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm... DIY wreckers is a good idea... I've never seen any 17's or 18's there though. Confused

A while back there was a pair of Ferrrari 328 wheels in the trading post for $500. It was ages ago. But if I knew that adding a swivel chair base and a piece of glass on top made it worth $1000-$2000 I would have snapped them up quick smart.

I've found this one on eBay... It's currently at $10. Cool
http://i7.ebayimg.com/01/i/03/66/2e/bf_1_b.JPG

Edit: But I just read that it's in Sydney and it says local pickup only, no postage. Sad

[Updated on: Sat, 05 March 2005 15:05]

rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: WTD one or two nice looking wheels to make a coffe table out of... Sat, 05 March 2005 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i saw some fully sick 17"s on a VL, was only 1 wheel thoe, might be still there Rolling Eyes
$15 cant go wrong
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: WTD one or two nice looking wheels to make a coffe table out of... Sat, 05 March 2005 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where where where?
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: WTD one or two nice looking wheels to make a coffe table out of... Sun, 06 March 2005 03:19 Go to previous message
pick a part Campbellfield
i think it was on a stacked VN commodore, 5spoke chromo kind mag

like so
http://www.wheelsonline.com.au/images/ame/2.jpg
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MS65 crown hubs
Next Topic:WTB: 7afe block
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 11 16:36:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.003835916519165 seconds