Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 4age engine specs and best for AE86

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
racer
Regular

October 2004
icon1.gif  4age engine specs and best for AE86 Sat, 05 March 2005 21:01 Go to next message
gday, guys or girls
i have just got myself a 83 aus spec sprinter (straight as a die not the point) and i am going to do an engine swap, my original plan was to fit a 20 valve, but after looking at one half way through a conversion found that it was going to cost a bit more then i could spend, this guy had removed the dissy and replaced it all using a crank angle sensor and so forth.

i was just wondering if the older 16 valve engine was able to fit with out having to hack the fire wall,

what type of engines are avaliable and what are they out of.

what power out put do these engines produce

how are these to fit into my car

whats the value for one of these engines and how old are they.

yer i know that these questions are pretty general, but any help that can be offered would be very much appreciated

thanks for your time and hopefully by this time next year the car will be complete.
  Send a private message to this user    
Initial_D
Regular

February 2005
Re: 4age engine specs and best for AE86 Sat, 05 March 2005 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The 16V from teh JDM makes approx. 100kw and the AUS Spec one makes approx. 86kw. igger cams, adjustable cam gear, extractors etc. and you will have a nice machine.
I have seen a RB25DET in one Laughing Get a half cut from a S13 and get the SR20DET aswell as the gearbox. Cool

Cheers
slydar
Regular

December 2003
Re: 4age engine specs and best for AE86 Sat, 05 March 2005 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86 came with the motor you are vaugely describing in japan (and the u.s and pretty much every other market). there is no easier swap that the on your describing.
racer
Regular

October 2004
Re: 4age engine specs and best for AE86 Sat, 05 March 2005 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i am sorry how vague my discription was, the jdm engine sounds pretty good,
would it slide straight into my car with out too many modifications, are the engine bays in the japanese and american sprinters the same?
sorry about the lame questions but i need to know, it would be really great if someone could tell me wether there is a guide to fitting theses engines any thing would help
thanks
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 4age engine specs and best for AE86 Sat, 05 March 2005 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
racer wrote on Sun, 06 March 2005 08:51

would it slide straight into my car with out too many modifications

It bolts straight in. No cutting, no welding. You can even use your engine mounts off your 4ac. Search around a bit on these forums not just for ae86 conversions but also ke70/ae71 conversions too. There's HEAPS of info that you'll need in them.

Eddie.
slydar
Regular

December 2003
Re: 4age engine specs and best for AE86 Sat, 05 March 2005 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, what he said. try club4ag.com too. maybe the sr5 to gts conversion in the tech.

the only part which is actually conversion is the fuel system.
racer
Regular

October 2004
Re: 4age engine specs and best for AE86 Sun, 06 March 2005 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Slydar and Big T the information you have provided is exactley what i wanted thanks so much, know just gota find the right engine
Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: 4age engine specs and best for AE86 Thu, 10 March 2005 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
only a butcher touches the firewall on a 20V install, its tottaly unnessesary.
adam
Occasional Poster

August 2002
Re: 4age engine specs and best for AE86 Thu, 10 March 2005 22:31 Go to previous message
if all you want is a 4age

just buy a jap spec ae86 motor, box, ecu

it will bolt in and has 97kw

i use to have one in my ae71 and it made good power concidering

and if you wanto turbo it later on you allready have the bigport head and rwd inlet manifold

adam
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:What other 3sge/3sgte cams would fit in a 3sge Gen 1!!
Next Topic:CelicaSupra Original manufacturers specs
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 08:39:53 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048460960388184 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.