Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Car/Engine Electronics & Audio » E.O.I. Brand New Wolf 3D V4 + Hand Controller

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
E.O.I. Brand New Wolf 3D V4 + Hand Controller Fri, 25 February 2005 13:41 Go to next message
Comes complete with everything except the loom.
ECU, Sensors, Hand Controller, Manuals in the original box.

I may even throw in a laptop too tune it too!

PM me or reply here, ask questions if you have them.

For the right buyer I will buy a new loom so everything is ready to go.

Oh and if you think I am going to let it go for fugall, I'm not, so don't even bother asking!

Cheers

Gabe

[Updated on: Fri, 25 February 2005 13:44]

Send a private message to this user    
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: E.O.I. Brand New Wolf 3D V4 + Hand Controller Fri, 25 February 2005 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i dont know how much they are brand new. so what the brand new shop price and then we can make a decent offer
gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: E.O.I. Brand New Wolf 3D V4 + Hand Controller Fri, 25 February 2005 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think recommended retail for a Wolf ECU including hand controller is $1395.

The Wolf ECU on its own, minus hand controller ia around a grand from memory. Could be wrong though.
Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: E.O.I. Brand New Wolf 3D V4 + Hand Controller Fri, 25 February 2005 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it possible to get a hand controler elsewhere? - but otherwize im intrested Smile
gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: E.O.I. Brand New Wolf 3D V4 + Hand Controller Sat, 26 February 2005 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Teddy_Csx wrote on Sat, 26 February 2005 05:25

Is it possible to get a hand controler elsewhere? - but otherwize im intrested Smile

You can they are around $400 from Wolf.

But why would you want to when this one comes with one?

Gabe
Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: E.O.I. Brand New Wolf 3D V4 + Hand Controller Sat, 26 February 2005 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ohhh i red it the wrong way. Sorry!

$1300 ey..

Can i get a picture?
gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: E.O.I. Brand New Wolf 3D V4 + Hand Controller Sat, 26 February 2005 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Teddy_Csx wrote on Sat, 26 February 2005 10:14

Can i get a picture?

What's your email mate, I will take one now for you.

Gabe
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: E.O.I. Brand New Wolf 3D V4 + Hand Controller Thu, 03 March 2005 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why you selling it gabe?
gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: E.O.I. Brand New Wolf 3D V4 + Hand Controller Thu, 03 March 2005 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IRA11Y wrote on Fri, 04 March 2005 05:56

why you selling it gabe?

I am going to be screwing together a tough engine in the next few months and the engine builder I am using says he wont guarantee the engine unless I use Motec management.

I know it sounds like bullshit and the Wolf is an excellent mid-level ECU, but I don't want to risk my brand new bulletproof engine, and not have a warranty.

The engine builder I am using is very reputable and possibly the best we have over here in WA.

Cheers

Gabe
celicaboy_2000
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: E.O.I. Brand New Wolf 3D V4 + Hand Controller Sun, 06 March 2005 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where's the loom gone? How much would a loom cost?
gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: E.O.I. Brand New Wolf 3D V4 + Hand Controller Sun, 06 March 2005 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The loom is already wired through the car.
Wolf and Motec use the same ECU plug. I will keep the existing loom and plug and just replace it for whoever buys the Wolf.
Shouldn't be more than a hundred bucks for the loom and plug but I can price it up if need be.

Gabe
celicaboy_2000
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: E.O.I. Brand New Wolf 3D V4 + Hand Controller Sun, 06 March 2005 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do they use the same pins? If they do thats very interesting. I dont want/need it but ill keep my ears open.
purpleminiep
Regular

May 2002
Re: E.O.I. Brand New Wolf 3D V4 + Hand Controller Sun, 06 March 2005 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much do you want?

Brad
gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: E.O.I. Brand New Wolf 3D V4 + Hand Controller Sun, 06 March 2005 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Same plugs, different pinouts yeah.

purpleminiep wrote on Sun, 06 March 2005 17:45

How much do you want?

Brad

Like the title says Brad its expressions of interest at the moment. I do however want to get some of my money back....
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: E.O.I. Brand New Wolf 3D V4 + Hand Controller Wed, 09 March 2005 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump
ReQuieM
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: E.O.I. Brand New Wolf 3D V4 + Hand Controller Thu, 17 March 2005 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here come the lamer questions! Razz

This controlls the whole kit an kabodal yeah? Inc. engine time down (turbo timer)? Can these be *LEGALY* be wired into a street car? Or will it need an engineers cert?

Also could i grab some pics? just mail em to requiem@supernerd.com.au
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: E.O.I. Brand New Wolf 3D V4 + Hand Controller Thu, 17 March 2005 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
these cannot be legally wired no matter what you do
ReQuieM
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: E.O.I. Brand New Wolf 3D V4 + Hand Controller Fri, 18 March 2005 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If there an aftermarket ecu that CAN be legaly attached? I've got no idea what legal and illegal, i've been told that turbo timers are illegal technicaly! so WTF basically?!
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: E.O.I. Brand New Wolf 3D V4 + Hand Controller Fri, 18 March 2005 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm pretty sure only lockable aftermarket ECU's can be fitted legally as they comply with emission laws.

And the only one that I know of is Motec (thats the only one I know of). There may be others though...
limbi
Regular

November 2002
Re: E.O.I. Brand New Wolf 3D V4 + Hand Controller Sat, 26 March 2005 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah the wolfs are legal. They are made in Aust. so basically are for Aust conditions. The version 4 also has lots of extra functions. It also has more rpm range points and support multi-point distributors.

anyway if you put the wolf you'd have lots of mods anyway so you prob gonna get it engineered so it will all be legal no matter what ECU your gonna use.

Was considering getting one but i sold my rolla
NickZ
Regular

February 2004
Re: E.O.I. Brand New Wolf 3D V4 + Hand Controller Sun, 27 March 2005 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"Closed loop" is what you people are looking for if it is to be legal...wolf ECUs run closed loop function so there is no problem.
Close loop is low to mid engine rev range, using the oxygen sensor to adjust fuel/air mixture for minimun emitions.
Not sure about the other ECU's, I know the older microtech's dont,the last wolf i had was a 3d ver 1.1 and that did.

Just because they are made in Australia doesnt mean they meet Australian standards as they are produced for RACING ONLY as printed on the unit or somewhere in there manuals, But just like aftermarket wheels we all use them and get away with it.

For the price of this ECU, BUY it, I would if I had the cash.
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: E.O.I. Brand New Wolf 3D V4 + Hand Controller Mon, 28 March 2005 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
closed loop does not make an ECU legal, only a locked system is legal and only a motec is classified as a legally locked aftermarket ECU
NickZ
Regular

February 2004
Re: E.O.I. Brand New Wolf 3D V4 + Hand Controller Mon, 28 March 2005 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What is a locked ECU? Is that one that cant be changed IE programmed?.
Tasmainan regulations only require closed loop for emitions as that is my business to fit aftermarket ecu's and anything with closed loop are past buy Tasmanian Transport department and have past emitions tests.
Maybe state to state it may change.
gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: E.O.I. Brand New Wolf 3D V4 + Hand Controller Mon, 28 March 2005 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I heard similar reports regarding closed loop, i.e. if an ECU enables an engine to pass emission tests, it is legal.

I know of PLENTY of people with PLENTY of cars that are fully engineered and approved that have aftermarket management fitted.

That said I can see IRA11Y's point about the lockable function.

Anyway, any more interest? I wouldn't mind selling this baby....

Gabe
gabe
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: E.O.I. Brand New Wolf 3D V4 + Hand Controller Sat, 09 April 2005 01:22 Go to previous message
Cool
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:RSM D1 limited Edition
Next Topic:eoi: sony headunit
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:13:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0064048767089844 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.