Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » what guitar have u got?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
what guitar have u got? Sun, 06 March 2005 10:24 Go to next message
this is for ppl who play musical instraments!
i own a ibanez grx40 gto http://www.ibanez.co.jp/world/products/eg/page/GRX 40NM.html

what do u have?
do u like it?
how much u pay for it?

i got mine in a starter pack about 5 years ago for 500bux but have found out that its worth about 400 almost the same as the pack it came in. the pack came with a 15wat practice amp strap and picks n a lead.

its a nice guitar and sounds great for grunge riffs its abit limited for solo's!

post up wat u have.
cheers
-jeff
  Send a private message to this user    
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: what guitar have u got? Sun, 06 March 2005 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have got a 1963 Maton Acoustic Guitar
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: what guitar have u got? Sun, 06 March 2005 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have an air guitar.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: what guitar have u got? Sun, 06 March 2005 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I had a 1967 Gibson SG Special (left-hander 'cos I'm a lefty) but sold it in 1975.

Used a r/h Fender clone for a few years and played it upside down, then broke it doing my "Who" impersonation.

I then got a custom l/h flying-V built, but sold it after a couple of weeks. It was a nice guitar and had a great sound 'cos I ran a pair of Humbuckers and DiMarzios, but the action was too slow and I needed the cash at the time (IIRC I needed the money to get the water pump and some other stuff done to the '25).

I used to have a 3/4 size nylon-strung acoustic but it eventually fell apart. It was a shitbox, but fun to play.

Now I've got a l/h Westone Thunder-II, which is pretty old now and I gotta fix a bad connection with the plug. It's a good rythm guitar. Also got a l/h Ibanez Series-II Roadster bass. And I've got a Valencia 6-string l/h steel string acoustic.

Nearly bought a l/h Rickenbacker Stereo Jazz bass, but it was too much for me at the time. And I and nearly bought a nice 2nd hand l/h 12-string Fender electric, but decided to wait a bit and when I went back to the store it was sold.

seeyuzz
river
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: what guitar have u got? Sun, 06 March 2005 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
r/h guitar when ur a lefty! god damm would have been hard to play upside down!

i also have a really nice acoustic i had it given to me from dad that had it given to him by mums sister! it was in a car accident and it had a whole in it so dad fiber glassed it n its never sounded better (need to replace strings there getting all rusty like)

i also have an air guitar Laughing

atm im using dads 100wat bass amp, has a really nice sound to it but i need a effects board Sad

river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: what guitar have u got? Sun, 06 March 2005 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

h3ff44 wrote on Sun, 06 March 2005 22:07

r/h guitar when ur a lefty! god damm would have been hard to play upside down!

Not really. I just changed the bridge over and restrung it as a l/h. The controls and scratch plate were upside down but it was a nasty old guitar and it served it's purpose.

I also have an air-guitar and I can play it left or right handed!

seeyuzz
river
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: what guitar have u got? Sun, 06 March 2005 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fender Strat. that i bought about 7 years ago for $1,100. apparently now worth around $2,500. its metallic red with DiMarzio double humbucker, and one of those Floyd Rose locking systems. what can I say...its fantastic!!
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: what guitar have u got? Sun, 06 March 2005 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
peavey raptor
j&d luthier (fuckin nice guitar)
ibanez iceman ic300 (old 70s model)
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: what guitar have u got? Sun, 06 March 2005 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got a nice ibanez erlectric acoustic, it cost me 700+ and its black with white around the edges, it looks and sounds excellent... I can find out what type it is later today...
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: what guitar have u got? Sun, 06 March 2005 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
- ibanez gx something or other at g/f place for practice
- texas guitars la grange at home for practice
- segovia steel string acoustic
- 78 fender musicmaster bass, put it thru a mesa boogie cab but need a good head as the gallien kruger i use is a POS.

want to buy an ampeg bass head if anyone knows one for sale plz PM me im looking for a SVT4 pro.
fingers
Regular

April 2003
Re: what guitar have u got? Sun, 06 March 2005 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got a Fender Squier I got in a starter pack. It's served it's purpose and now I need something better.

Also got this little Onyx guitar. Never seen the brand before but I got it off a friend for $50. It's got pretty good intonation and it played OK. It's only got 1 pickup in it and I just replaced on the weekend with and EMG 81. Sounds pretty good now! Evil or Very Mad

This goes through Boss Metal Zone pedal and a 50watt Mesa Boogie amp.
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: what guitar have u got? Mon, 07 March 2005 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've got two bass guitars, squier p-bass, and a ibanez EDC700. The ibanez i'm pretty sure is quite rare as its in a deep purple finish which i've never seen anywhere else, other than that i think its been discontinued. its got a body made out of luthite which is kinda funky.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: what guitar have u got? Mon, 07 March 2005 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
An acoustic yamaha, cost bugger all, but had an ok action and was great just to muck around on.

Epiphone (les paul style) which cost me nothing as I won it off video hits about 12 years ago. Only problem with it was that f*cker Jimmy Barnes scribbled on it, was easily fixed though (Twisted Evil Barnsie).
I think I'm probably biased as it's the guitar I really learnt on, but I love the feel of it. The humbuckers weren't too bad, but can be replaced quite easily with good ones.

I've been telling myself for the last 5 years that I have to start playing again, there's just not enough time!
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: what guitar have u got? Mon, 07 March 2005 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedave wrote on Mon, 07 March 2005 15:31

Only problem with it was that f*cker Jimmy Barnes scribbled on it, was easily fixed though (Twisted Evil Barnsie).

LOL Laughing
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: what guitar have u got? Mon, 07 March 2005 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have an Ibanez RG 320QS for 2 years, played it twice its still new, i keep telling myself i will start playing again but its not happening Rolling Eyes, that reminds me i might start soon .

These are the features i have no idea what most of it means:

* 24 frets
* Solid-body
* Controls: Volume, Tone, 5-way selector switch, whammy (floating trem)
* H/H pickups
* Passive electronics
* Maple neck, basswood body, rosewood fretboard
* "Super-strat" double-cutaway
* Floyd-Rose patent bridge by Ibanez
* Locking tuners
* Wizard II neck, thin carve, dot inlays
*Accessories: Set of keys for bridge, locking tuners and truss-rod adjustment

http://www.guitarrez.com/newpics/ibanezrg320qstr.jpg

[Updated on: Mon, 07 March 2005 12:24]

mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: what guitar have u got? Mon, 07 March 2005 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have some Valencia?? acoustic guitar that I picked up cheap. I hardly play anymore (When I'm drunk I do play it thou). thinking about buying a bass guitar. Don't know if I will or not, still thinking.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: what guitar have u got? Mon, 07 March 2005 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://members.optushome.com.au/sethr/Family.jpg
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: what guitar have u got? Mon, 07 March 2005 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Tue, 08 March 2005 00:09

Shocked I take it you play guitar Laughing .
decoyslikecurves
Regular

October 2004
Re: what guitar have u got? Mon, 07 March 2005 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yamaha sg700s japanese made custom shop.... Just beautiful.

Kills all those gibson boys tones.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: what guitar have u got? Mon, 07 March 2005 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spanktown wrote on Tue, 08 March 2005 00:09

is that a real tube screamer or a fake one? Cool

u seen this, this guy does the TS-808 chip mod?

http://www.analogman.com/ts9.htm

Dirty_Sanchez
Regular

January 2004

Re: what guitar have u got? Mon, 07 March 2005 23:33 Go to previous message
i've had a few guitars over the years but at the moment i'm running a Samick V (similar to Spanktown's but in a marble finish) and a acoustic guitar i imported from argentina.

I have a 110w and a 80w samick amp as well as a PA amp. i used to daisy chain the amps together to get the fattest sound from them. That's when i used to play on stage.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Data Projector Help!
Next Topic:Mozilla extensions for forums junkies
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 23:22:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058069229125977 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.