Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 92' Corolla AE92 (4A-FE) >> AE101 (4A-GE) Conversion

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
JimmyBoy
Newcomer

March 2005
icon5.gif  92' Corolla AE92 (4A-FE) >> AE101 (4A-GE) Conversion Sun, 06 March 2005 12:30 Go to next message
I am so riding blind with this... any suggestions or help would be appreciated. i am considering going the AE101 conversion to my AE92 but i have some doubts like will the engine fit in the bay. Will my gear box need to be changed. Can i put in a 6 speed or is it not worth it? Exhaust manifold? Clutch (heavy duty?)

Or should I go for the 4AGZE??

How expensive is this whole procedure?
Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused
  Send a private message to this user    
Hunty
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 92' Corolla AE92 (4A-FE) >> AE101 (4A-GE) Conversion Sun, 06 March 2005 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
search, no one will answer ur thread, it has been covered many hundreds of time

20v for track / hi rpm

gze for traffic light grand prix <- lots of torque down low

gze half cut set u back around 2300-2500, bout same for a 20v. IF you can do the install yourself INCLUDING wiring then id say budget $4-500 bucks for fluids, filters and other things they may have broken or need to be replaced. 2-3 hundred for a new clutch, prolly get some new driveshafts while your at it another 400ish. so around 1k plus the cost of the halfcut, which should have everything you need. if you have to pay a workshop to do it it will probably cost something like 4k for them to do it, plus the cost of the halfcut.

SEARCH coz its all here, trust me
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=search&am p;rid=875&S=debde0cbc8a818f9550d9b3a7fcd26f6
trevtrev
Regular

October 2004
Re: 92' Corolla AE92 (4A-FE) >> AE101 (4A-GE) Conversion Sun, 06 March 2005 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here you go.
I just paid 1,500 for my front cut (Asian Auto Imports, Slacks Creek, Brisbane, Silvertop with 116,000k's, 5spd, LSD, AC, Pwr steer all working)
$400 for my mechanic
$400 for my auto elec (Anthony Kellam, did a very nice job)
And that was for a 20valve into an AE90 6A-FC
+ fluids etc like Hunty said.
It fits in like a dream.
I also paid $160 for EFI tank, pump and lines (but you won't need those)
Then I needed a new Cat to join the Silvertop extractors up to my stock exhaust Sad , that set me back another $200. But you should have heard me drive the 10km to the exhause shop! Evil or Very Mad
I can't comment on the "Z" conversion, but I could not justify it in the budget I had.
Trev
insalubrity_macca
Regular

September 2004

Re: 92' Corolla AE92 (4A-FE) >> AE101 (4A-GE) Conversion Mon, 07 March 2005 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey jimmy boy, im gunna be doing the same thing and mate im on the same level as you so if u hear anythin then giv us a buzz. where u located? sydney? if so tell us where u get ur halfcut
cheers
JimmyBoy
Newcomer

March 2005
icon14.gif  Re: 92' Corolla AE92 (4A-FE) >> AE101 (4A-GE) Conversion Mon, 07 March 2005 11:20 Go to previous message
cheers lads Very Happy still doing some resurch...

let you know how it turns out
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Crank scraper Vs windage tray
Next Topic:AE86 - RA28 Strut tops SAME ?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 07:44:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045619010925293 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.