Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Ta22lover
Regular

February 2005
icon4.gif  4age MAP or AFM Sat, 05 March 2005 00:12 Go to next message
Hi

I bought myself my first 4age today.

The map or afm is missing, but how do i figure out whats supposed to be on the engine, i have no knowlegde about the car its from, nor model, generation or year, is there a easy way to find out if its supposed to be a map or afm on the injection?

I also wonder how to figure out what generation it is, it has red cam covers with black and white writing on it, but i suspect they might have been changed from another engine. I have read i can count the ribbons on the engine, 3 ribbons its first gen, 7 its secound gen, but where is the ribbons located? i dont seem to find any.... a pic to explain what ribbons their talking about would be great.

any other good tips to figure out wich engine i got?

Thanks in advance
  Send a private message to this user    
Ta22lover
Regular

February 2005
Re: 4age MAP or AFM Sat, 05 March 2005 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I been looking some more at the engine, it has 7 small ribbons on the top, is this the ribbons im supposed to look for? 3 on the left side and 4 on the right...

if so i guess its a 2 gen engine.. but i still dunno about the map or afm thingy

thanks in advance for help

Very Happy
Acoustic
Regular

November 2003
Re: 4age MAP or AFM Sun, 06 March 2005 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If the original ECU is with it then you can trace through searching.

If not.

Then I hope the original wiring is still on and you can find the socket. AFM will use a 7 pins socket which will be larger than MAP which is only 3 pins.

How to know? well you'll have to look at someone else car to know what is a AFM or MAP and look at their socket and remember the wires color. The colors don't change much especially AFM.

Fundamentally speaking, the engine is not the determinant factor to use either AFM or MAP.

It is the fueling and ignition pre-set in the ECU which decides if the overall engine needs to use a AFM or MAP.

tobyoste
Occasional Poster

February 2004
Re: 4age MAP or AFM Sun, 06 March 2005 20:49 Go to previous message
Check out:http://www.billzilla.org/4agstock.htm for differences between AFM and MAP sensor
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:a symptom of idling struggles and running rich...
Next Topic:Short Stroke suspension conversion.... & spring rates
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 15:54:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.003695011138916 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.