Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
screech
Regular

February 2005
Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Sat, 05 March 2005 07:11 Go to next message
ITS ON AGAIN

Driftlands twilight night. my car will make its circuit debut, i hope it has enough work to not let me down.

PFFF if anything its the loose nut behind the wheel that'l go first. Rolling Eyes

who else is coming? (competing or watching or pit crews etc)
  Send a private message to this user    
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Sat, 05 March 2005 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i finally got my license back so ill be able to come out and watch, the Sprinter wont be ready to compete for another few months yet. ill be bringing my digi cam plus maybe a vid cam.

whos competing?! Smile
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Sat, 05 March 2005 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there spectating. And don't worry about your set up man, it depends on the driver. Especially on your debut! Just go out and have a shite-load of fun dude.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Sat, 05 March 2005 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im driving!
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Sat, 05 March 2005 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im having dramas with the v mount so no Crying or Very Sad
screech
Regular

February 2005
Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Sun, 06 March 2005 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey 86slut thanks for the advice mate i think it might be pre-track jitters, i been waitin for this for a while now. but your right im just gonna go out and absolutely rape my car and see what i can do, and have fun doin it.

im glad to see i wont be the only 86 nut out there, lookin forward to drivin with you guys on fri night. Smile
baggin
Newcomer

January 2005
Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Sun, 06 March 2005 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My Ibis has a dislocated wish bone,ill probably be scavaging in the litter on the spectators hill tho.
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Sun, 06 March 2005 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am in! go the orange Razz
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Sun, 06 March 2005 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
screech wrote on Sun, 06 March 2005 11:06

hey 86slut thanks for the advice mate i think it might be pre-track jitters, i been waitin for this for a while now. but your right im just gonna go out and absolutely rape my car and see what i can do, and have fun doin it.

im glad to see i wont be the only 86 nut out there, lookin forward to drivin with you guys on fri night. Smile

You wait until you're in the line-up to get on the track..... You'll have the most hard-core nervous piss and/or shit building up that you've ever experienced. Laughing

Then you'll do one lap....... And be like this - Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Sun, 06 March 2005 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Sun, 06 March 2005 19:18

Then you'll do one lap....... And be like this - Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I love that feeling!! Very Happy Have been half tempted to buy a cheap RWD and join you guys but $$ do not permit Sad
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Sun, 06 March 2005 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SEXY 16 wrote on Sun, 06 March 2005 17:34

I wasn't going to go because I need to prepare for Fatz skid pan day the next day but an opportunity to see how you go out on the track is too good to miss Wink
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Sun, 06 March 2005 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i won't be competing nor spectating Sad

got a date with the missus Smile

but i'm sure all the ibis crew will be out there watching/filming/taking the piss outta the 86's Razz

UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Sun, 06 March 2005 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's on like donkey kong! I'm there!

Bought a Digi cam on sunday finally!
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Mon, 07 March 2005 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Indi wrote on Sun, 06 March 2005 22:12

I wasn't going to go because I need to prepare for Fatz skid pan day the next day but an opportunity to see how you go out on the track is too good to miss Wink

my car will have 2 driver
my self and jamie waterhouse
he is the guy in the 120y rally car
should be fun but i donr recon it will compare to dirt
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Mon, 07 March 2005 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SEXY 16 wrote on Mon, 07 March 2005 11:37

Stop making excuses Rolling Eyes Razz

LESS TALK MORE DRIFT!
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Mon, 07 March 2005 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Mon, 07 March 2005 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it sucks I can't attend any of these even to spectate cos I don't get home from work until 7pm on friday and by the time I have something to eat and got changed and got out there it would be 8 pretty pointless in going for an hour. Need more on weekends.
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Mon, 07 March 2005 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Mon, 07 March 2005 11:38

Stop making excuses Rolling Eyes Razz

LESS TALK MORE DRIFT!

turn your car into a rally car and watch your smile grow pedro Shocked
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Mon, 07 March 2005 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude - you LIVE in campbelltown!! some of us have to travel from like east city, or North west area Confused

bring clothes/food/camera to work and go straight after u finish - 7pm onward is where the action is anyway!

UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Mon, 07 March 2005 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SEXY 16 wrote on Mon, 07 March 2005 11:55

pedro

PEDRO? Laughing Varsity blues reference! I'll go back to my hole now...

[Updated on: Mon, 07 March 2005 01:06]

screech
Regular

February 2005
Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Mon, 07 March 2005 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i told my boss today that i wouldnt turn up to work on Friday.

my annual leave form had this written on it

Reason for leave: "Goin driftin at Oran Park"

my boss returned a blank look and said "yeah alright, we not really busy anyway"

Like i cared, either way i wont be at work Friday.
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Mon, 07 March 2005 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is anyone here going to spectate?
i wouldn't mind going and meeting a few sprinter boys
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Mon, 07 March 2005 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I MIGHT go, i might be gettin hammered tho, it is after all friday night, we should make a congregating spot for a few minutes just to meet each other, alternatively, tell me what your driving and ill come visit you in the pits...errr gravel.
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Mon, 07 March 2005 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xolent wrote on Mon, 07 March 2005 16:59

is anyone here going to spectate?
i wouldn't mind going and meeting a few sprinter boys

you have already met me i sold you your car Razz
screech
Regular

February 2005
Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Mon, 07 March 2005 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or you could do what i have done before, just walk up to any 86 driver and say hi. ill be float'n around in the pit (gravel) area, it sounds like a good enough place to meet to me.
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Mon, 07 March 2005 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you going paul! can i tag along? Embarassed
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Mon, 07 March 2005 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Or maybe i could just go sidewayz ----------------> ?
screech
Regular

February 2005
Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Mon, 07 March 2005 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats why im goin Very Happy
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Mon, 07 March 2005 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah im not going, im gunna get finely roasted.

Many interesting people didn't know what they wanted to do when they were 21, or even 40! and most of them are now drug addicts forced to live on cat food.
screech
Regular

February 2005
Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Mon, 07 March 2005 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drinkin always sounds good, but the alco side of me has always been at war with the driver side.

fri night for me is clearly a drivin night, so have one for me mate.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Mon, 07 March 2005 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
might come, havent been for a while. only to watch tho cause my sprinter definately aint set up to drift Rolling Eyes

does anyone know what the go is with leaving a car there that dies? i mean do you HAVE to get it towed away? very rarely customers/ppl i know give us their shitbox cars just before they run out of rego, and i wouldnt mind taking one out to kill but only if i can just leave it there hahaha.
screech
Regular

February 2005
Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Mon, 07 March 2005 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you talking about dumping an 86 at the track i can guarantee it wont be left there for very long. it'll prob end up as a shell at the track cause every 86 owner would grab every part before someone calls a truck to pick up the shell.

if it is an 86, you just might get away with it! Smiley =
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Mon, 07 March 2005 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

jamie waterhouse replaced my mates engine..and it just shit itself Mad he is not happy Sad

im assuming its the same dude

NOLAN
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Mon, 07 March 2005 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nolan wrote on Mon, 07 March 2005 21:00

jamie waterhouse replaced my mates engine..and it just shit itself Mad he is not happy Sad

im assuming its the same dude

replacing an engine?
did he rebuild it?
did he tune it?
who supplied the motor?
i never had a single problem with any of his work

NOLAN

SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Mon, 07 March 2005 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think i fucked that last thread up
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Mon, 07 March 2005 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm you think?? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Tue, 08 March 2005 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
screech wrote on Mon, 07 March 2005 20:55

if you talking about dumping an 86 at the track i can guarantee it wont be left there for very long. it'll prob end up as a shell at the track cause every 86 owner would grab every part before someone calls a truck to pick up the shell.

if it is an 86, you just might get away with it! Smiley =

dood asif id dump a sprinter, i mean bogan cars customers give me, ive had VK's, peugeot 504's, lasers, colts etc. although i do have a crap sprinter in the back yard that i could slap my rebuilt ge in and borrow a car trailer.
SLY16V
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Wed, 09 March 2005 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cant wait to see beau kill it all night again, with his massive high speed fishtails down the straight.
should have mine out in a few weeks,just waiting on rollcage,fuel pumps etc.

cheers
AE86Boy
Regular

July 2003
Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Wed, 09 March 2005 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AAAAAAAAARRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
NO NO NO
again im stuck on the sidelines like a tool!!!

me wants to DRIFT DAMMIT!!!! Mad

Crying or Very Sad
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Wed, 09 March 2005 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is andrew DiD in?

or is it me flying the wing solo?
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Wed, 09 March 2005 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew DiD is in..

GO Garthy!
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Thu, 10 March 2005 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
only 11 more twilights before i can go... Nope

SEXY16 u said u were entering orange. By any chance is that an orange levin with TBO body flares??
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Thu, 10 March 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nightdevil wrote on Thu, 10 March 2005 16:43

SEXY16 u said u were entering orange. By any chance is that an orange levin with TBO body flares??

11 more???????? don't tell me the booking list is out to that Shocked Laughing

and no....that wouldn't be his car, that's IS Motorsports Levin, formally i think now
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Thu, 10 March 2005 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah it is an orange rally 86 will more bog and hits than elvis Laughing but the doors close so it is all good
screech
Regular

February 2005
Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Thu, 10 March 2005 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks like a lot of potential for wet weather in the gong now.

i wonder if rain is on the drift menu?

i first learnt to drift in the wet, but after my recent efforts with the car, locked diff, weight reduction, new rims/tyres and shocks, strut brace, who knows how it will go?

can any1 tell me how the track grip compares to normal road grip? im curious
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Thu, 10 March 2005 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86slaver wrote on Thu, 10 March 2005 16:58

nightdevil wrote on Thu, 10 March 2005 16:43

11 more???????? don't tell me the booking list is out to that Shocked Laughing

and no....that wouldn't be his car, that's IS Motorsports Levin, formally i think now

nah man thats until i get my license bak... HA

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Fri, 11 March 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wont be able to make it out onto the track guys

:s

iv got $40 till the 15th

*cries*

oh wells, im coming to suppport lonely driver DiD Andrew!
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Fri, 11 March 2005 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noooo!!!

You mean i have to wait longer till i can see the trUno! in action?? i missed it's 1st outing! Mad Laughing Razz
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Fri, 11 March 2005 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah

i know
im fucking dying to go too

oh well Sad

next time
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Fri, 11 March 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so borrow some money you tightass! im getting off my lazy but to come tonight so i want maximum toyota!
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Fri, 11 March 2005 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah

i dont like drifitng when i cant afford a tow home
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Fri, 11 March 2005 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dood ill bring a rope and take you as far as glenfield Very Happy
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Fri, 11 March 2005 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
garth i know the monthly payment pain. I have like $50 to last me till the 15th.. its fucked.
screech
Regular

February 2005
Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Sat, 12 March 2005 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

ULTIMATE FUN.

i had the maddest night of my life.

Quick briefing. just over 10 cars turned up to drive, so i was on track pretty much whenever i wanted. all cars went well on the night. but a white 86 stripped it rear left wheel studs and lost the wheel, but that was the biggest drama of the night. he was back on track somehow soon after.

i punctured my 14" tyre on the first session, so i had to go to my only set of stockies with full tread. they lasted the whole night sliding beautifully.

as the night went on the confidence factor grew to a point where my mates were asking each other if it was actually me driving! toward the end of the night i managed to link the track from the very sharp hairpin to the driftland corner, not every attempt though. At driftland corner i must have been close to full lock a fair few times.

during the very short line up time my mate zach pointed out that my exhaust manifold was glowing red. keeping a keen eye on the temp guage from then on the car did not fail, staying under 92'C all night. the shift lite copped a beating trying to tell me there was another gear other than 1st and 2nd, it pretty much stayed on all night!

ill get pics for you hopefully tonight!
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Sat, 12 March 2005 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
argh

im glad someone feels my pain
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Sun, 13 March 2005 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had 40 bucks with me for your stickers.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Sun, 13 March 2005 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorrry mann

i got there late
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: Twilight Drift Oran Park 11th March Wed, 16 March 2005 04:56 Go to previous message
just a few pics from the night

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/DSCF0055.jpg

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/DSCF0056.jpg

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/DSCF0060815.jpg

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/DSCF006371.jpg

http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/DSCF0070626.jpg

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Twilight Drift DRIFTLAND February25
Next Topic:HOT4s Cruise Patrol
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-