Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Stock black wheel sizes

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

icon5.gif  Stock black wheel sizes Tue, 19 November 2002 15:04 Go to next message
Hi,

Is it possible to get 14x7" or 14x6.5" or even 14x6" wheels in stock black (the ones u put hubcaps on)? It's just that my hubcaps look so cool =P jk
I think mine are 4x100 pattern btw.

-Paul
  Send a private message to this user    
haggis
Regular

May 2002
Re: Stock black wheel sizes Tue, 19 November 2002 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes it is.

I managed to find a set of 14x6 that fit my FWD Corolla. They came off a VW Golf i belive, and the offset looks right. I havent put tyres on them yet and put them on the car, but test fitting them, the offset looked ok.

Craig.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Stock black wheel sizes Tue, 19 November 2002 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For FWD ones, just get factory 14" steelies, or if you have a RWD car, then R31 skyline wheels should do it.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Stock black wheel sizes Tue, 19 November 2002 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and don't forget the 'ful sik' chrome hubcaps from autobarn... Evil or Very Mad
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: Stock black wheel sizes Wed, 20 November 2002 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for ur help guys..

mrshin: i want really wide ones (legal width though), cos mine are about 14x5.5", and don't grip very well (they're also very worn). Oh and I think maybe my scratched up hubcaps might look even better than full sik chrome ones =P

haggis: thanks..was this off the old vw golf? cos i thought the new golfs were 5 studs?

cheers
fergo308
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Stock black wheel sizes Thu, 21 November 2002 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
late model Astras run a 4/100 PCD,and a 14x6" wheel.

I just threw out a set I've had lying around for a few years,as noone wanted them.

15x6" current model corolla stockies aren't too hard to come by.
I could likely get you a set of these if you wanted some.
I advertised those a few months ago,and noone wanted them either,even for $50 for 4! they'd been on the car for a total of 6km!

Justin...
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Stock black wheel sizes Thu, 21 November 2002 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you want something wider than 6", I'd say you have no choice but to get a set of stockies modified - I can't think of any car that comes out standard with steelies in any kind of serious size - get some 15x6's stuffed out to 15x8, fit 235 tyres, and a set of flares, and it'll look FAT - and you probably won't even need the 'ful sik' hubcaps then!
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: Stock black wheel sizes Fri, 22 November 2002 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fergo: can u get me some pics of those wheels u still have? i think mine might already be x6"..not sure, it's 185/60 r14, works out to 5.7", so is that 6"?

mrshin: what're the consequences of getting wheels stuffed wider? any?
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: Stock black wheel sizes Fri, 22 November 2002 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually i may have done that conversion wrong..

185/60/R14 makes it 7.5" doesn't it? i measured it to be a little over 7" anyway..any idea what the legal limit for width is? Just as long as it never touches the car body isn't it?

[Updated on: Fri, 22 November 2002 15:57]

Hunty
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Stock black wheel sizes Sat, 23 November 2002 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have 185/60/r14 on my car, running factory alloys, and they are 5.5" wide, pretty sure u can't get a 195 on there least thats what the bridgestone dude told me, as for wheel width basically the tyre can't protude from the body work AND the track width middle of tyre to middle of tyre can't exceed that from factory.
This is what i am lead to believe from the unhelpful at transportsa
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: Stock black wheel sizes Mon, 25 November 2002 14:52 Go to previous message
heheheh thanks!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Suspension Kits
Next Topic:Suzuki Swift wont rev over 2000
Goto Forum: