Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Drags this wed night Mon, 07 March 2005 09:42 Go to next message
I'm planning on heading out to WSID this wednesday, since replacing a certain welsh plug that decided to go awol last time I ventured out there.
So if anyone is keen to come along, feel free, I'm planning on getting there pretty early, prolly around 4pm. I know there was a few other people interested in coming, so if anyone thinks they'll be there let me know here.
  Send a private message to this user    
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Drags this wed night Mon, 07 March 2005 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does any1 want to taxi me ?

lol il come if i can whore

NOLAN

P.S. hey bigworm i love ur car...Very Happy it looks so sexy.. Very Happy

[Updated on: Mon, 07 March 2005 09:50]

ScreaminRolla
Regular

October 2003
Re: Drags this wed night Mon, 07 March 2005 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I might come along and watch. Hopefully you make it on to the track this time Razz
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Drags this wed night Mon, 07 March 2005 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My girl would kill me if i didn't go and see her on wednesday.
mikey93
Regular

December 2004
Re: Drags this wed night Mon, 07 March 2005 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if any one has a spare helmet ill go try the 3sgte?
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Drags this wed night Tue, 08 March 2005 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I might come out to see clockwork in action Joel.
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Drags this wed night Tue, 08 March 2005 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will try to come and watch - I am not racing this time out due to funds being redirected to other things.
MRNOVA
Regular

January 2003
Up The Novas!
Re: Drags this wed night Tue, 08 March 2005 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would love to come and bring out the ke20.
It runs in the low 14s and high 13s. (4agze)
Bad thing is i dont have any rego papers and its all in VIC rego. I have a certificate of purchase from the original owner but i dont hink that will be enough.

Might pop out there for the hell of it!
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Drags this wed night Tue, 08 March 2005 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found a better thing than not coming and seeing me girl. Bringing my girl with me, i'll be a bit late as she doesn't knock off till 5pm in hornsby.
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Drags this wed night Wed, 09 March 2005 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I'm defiantly going! Slutty give me a buzz if ya rock up!
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Drags this wed night Wed, 09 March 2005 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good luck tonight guys. Joel - I hope the only thing that breaks tonight is a record!
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Drags this wed night Wed, 09 March 2005 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the well wishes guys, it'll be good to see a bit of support out there. Be sure to come & say g'day down in the pits, I shouldn't be too hard to spot.

Ooooh I'm getting excited!!! Very Happy
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Drags this wed night Wed, 09 March 2005 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any predictions Joel? Smash the 12's for sure! What does your celica weigh?

Phil
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Drags this wed night Wed, 09 March 2005 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do you need engineering?

thinking about giving the rona a spin down the strip b4 i get rid of it.
ScreaminRolla
Regular

October 2003
Re: Drags this wed night Wed, 09 March 2005 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think last time there were plenty without engineering. They are only really concered that your the owner of the car
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Drags this wed night Wed, 09 March 2005 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm I'll have a good damn think about it.
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Drags this wed night Wed, 09 March 2005 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe I should go out with a big forsale sign on it.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Drags this wed night Wed, 09 March 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BigWorm wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 12:47

Thanks for the well wishes guys, it'll be good to see a bit of support out there. Be sure to come & say g'day down in the pits, I shouldn't be too hard to spot.

Ooooh I'm getting excited!!! Very Happy

Ok, it's confirmed. I'll be there fo shizzle Joel.

Shame we prolly won't have much time for a catch-up, but I can't wait to see that thing flying down the strip!
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Drags this wed night Wed, 09 March 2005 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh bugger.. it's wednesday... 9pm Sad doh!!

whens the next one (ppl are going to)? i need a baseline Very Happy
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Drags this wed night Wed, 09 March 2005 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 21:14

ahh bugger.. it's wednesday... 9pm Sad doh!!

whens the next one (ppl are going to)? i need a baseline Very Happy

next wednesday..i have yet to rock up 2 a drag event id love to go...but id have to whore as my cars going to the shitter..Razz

CHEERS

NOLAN
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Drags this wed night Wed, 09 March 2005 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hope you had some success tonight Joel. Pity I couldn't get out there like I wanted to. Sad
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Drags this wed night Wed, 09 March 2005 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Show us ya times!

picsorban.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Drags this wed night Wed, 09 March 2005 21:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Confused

Damn gearbox.... Damn single spinner....
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Drags this wed night Wed, 09 March 2005 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Thu, 10 March 2005 08:07

Confused

Uh oh... What happened this time??!
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Drags this wed night Wed, 09 March 2005 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lucid wrote on Thu, 10 March 2005 08:10

AE86slut wrote on Thu, 10 March 2005 08:07

Confused

Uh oh... What happened this time??!

Ummm..... Well, despite a gallant effort, nothing extremely impressive unfortunately. It is a machine, to be sure..... But needs some traction and a gearbox that doesn't object to fast 1-2nd shifts.

Twas a good night anyways. Turbocharged Hyabusa's running 8 second times is always bound to be interesting! Plus an ultimate sleeper KE70 wagon complete with roofracks..... And an FJ20/T3-T4 combo pulling wheels-ups and looking like a genuinely fun and terrifying thing to drive in general.
No real ground-breaking runs, but the Mr Enforcer triple rotor RX3 coupe ran mid-9's (should be good for a lot quicker and ran VERY straight).
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Drags this wed night Thu, 10 March 2005 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That Mr Enforcer RX3 is probably one of the few cars built properly from that workshop................... Rolling Eyes or is it........
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Drags this wed night Thu, 10 March 2005 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, pretty dissapointing night for me....
I did my first run on "moderate" boost, and managed a 13.5, which wasn't too bad, and after that I turned the boost up & managed to miss 2nd gear 4 runs in a row!!!! So the 13.5 ended up being my quickest time.I was suitably pissed off & embarrassed, particularily as my MPH of 107.5 indicates I (or at least my car) should be capable of much more.

Now I'm just tossing up wether to return next week for another crack, or hold out until I can have absolute faith in my driveline, which will most certainly be a long time coming.
Anyway, thanks to everyone who came along for support, sorry I couldn't put on a better show.
Maybe next time.....
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Drags this wed night Thu, 10 March 2005 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

managed to miss 2nd gear 4 runs in a row!!!!

Maybe it saved you blowing the ass out of your T series diff Razz

Sounds like you should be heading back next week! Did you have trouble getting second gear into the gate, as in it just wouldn't go? Try a synthetic gear oil if you don't already have it, my box has some trouble getting into gear at high revs (6.5-7k+) with normal gear oil as well as a few others I know of.

Go on, get back in there, you live in Sydney, so have no excuse for blowing driveline parts, its not 300km home for you Very Happy

Was it on street tyres?

Cheers
Phil
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Drags this wed night Thu, 10 March 2005 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It prolly has something to do with my particularily short quick shifter, so I'm thinking I may swap over to the standard shifter before I go again. I'm running Redline lightweight gear oil in it, so that shouldn't be the problem.
Yeah bugger it, I think I'll head out again next week. Smile
scareylint
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: Drags this wed night Thu, 10 March 2005 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys..
I was there last night... I belive my car officially had the slowest time of the night... not verry impressed.. although the engine light is on and i can't seem to get it to boost over 5 psi... I think it needs a tappet cover gasket and some tlc. you probbly saw it .. a 165 celica gt4...
Ribbo
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Drags this wed night Thu, 10 March 2005 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmmmmmmm if you head out next week Joel, I may just have to follow and give it a go.........
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Drags this wed night Thu, 10 March 2005 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do they let you keep making as many runs as you want on the night? Like do you pay entry and then have unlimited runs, or do you pay per run?
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Drags this wed night Thu, 10 March 2005 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://members.optusnet.com.au/draza1/Draggs/

The pics are abit big.
Mitchee
Regular

December 2003
Re: Drags this wed night Thu, 10 March 2005 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was there from about 8pm. Went with a mate in his car (cuz the 'rona has a BHG Crying or Very Sad) just to watch.

It was an alright night, (how crazy was that FJ20 Wagon!!!) quite a large turnout compared to the other times ive gone.. Saw all of you guys run, and heard BigWorm miss those shifts! Ouch.

Had a nice look at your car when the night finished, walked right past it. I gave all the guys wearing Toymods shirts huge grins Very Happy Must have thought i was a weirdo or something. Razz

Anyways, might see you next week!
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Drags this wed night Thu, 10 March 2005 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i headed out there with the intentions of having a run, but was barred at the gates Mad

So i watched instead. That KE70 wagon was nuts, pity about the engine choice Razz

Joel, i dunno what it is that you are doing, but its wrong Razz Get the long shifter and you'll see what i mean and those shifts champ.

Maybe if i cant change a diff, fix a couple of things here and there, bring out the stickies again....... i'll have another shot too.
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Drags this wed night Fri, 11 March 2005 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joorsh wrote on Fri, 11 March 2005 00:45

Do they let you keep making as many runs as you want on the night? Like do you pay entry and then have unlimited runs, or do you pay per run?

everyone lines up in the holding stages in the pits before the first runs start, and depending on how many cars are there, you just keep filing through until you race, then you come back and line up again, then race again. the $45 you pay to race gets you all the runs you can fit in, but as I said it depends how many cars are there on the night, and how quickly the track officials push everyone through. Smile

THE WITZL wrote on Fri, 11 March 2005 07:39

yeah i headed out there with the intentions of having a run, but was barred at the gates Mad

how come they didnt let you race? Confused
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Drags this wed night Fri, 11 March 2005 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hey Joel you did a great job Very Happy great to see you having a go
don't worry to much bout the times they will come in time Laughing
jase didn't get 11's straight away he had to work for it so keep up the great effort and don't give up

Very Happy

anyways if it keeps going slow you can always just enter all the
Show and Shines Shocked Laughing
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Drags this wed night Sat, 12 March 2005 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well if ppl want to go, i'm keen. i only have 3 weeks of rego left Wink
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Drags this wed night Mon, 14 March 2005 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Sat, 12 March 2005 11:52

well if ppl want to go, i'm keen. i only have 3 weeks of rego left Wink

Laughing Laughing
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Drags this wed night Tue, 15 March 2005 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd like to come out, but if you don't pass the scrutineering, do you get your money back?

The car isn't registered in my name (though I've got a receipt saying its mine), is still reg in Vic, has rust hanging out of it, & the suspension seems so sagged it'll almost lift the front wheels on takeoff. Having no rad fans wouldn't be too good for cooling down either Razz
Might have to wait until the other car is finished (& properly) first.
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Drags this wed night Tue, 15 March 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well done on the time Joel, Regardless of wether your happy with it or not, thats a fast street car you have there. Are you still running a single spinner?
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Drags this wed night Wed, 16 March 2005 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So? Whats the new result Joel?

Was a good night had by all? Did you break your PB Jase?

Cheers
Phil
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Drags this wed night Wed, 16 March 2005 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did not run.
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Drags this wed night Thu, 17 March 2005 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone keen to head out over the next few weeks?
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Drags this wed night Thu, 17 March 2005 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I went out again last night, & even though it was called off at 7:15 due to rain, I still managed to get in 3 runs. There was so few people there we were going through every 20 minutes, so it would have been great if the rain held off!
I didn't do much better than last week, with a 13.3, 13.4 & a 13.5, but I think I've given up improving with out getting as LSD, and of course a bigger diff. Best MPH was 108.6, so I was fairly happy with it.
Only change from last week was the installation of the standard shifter, as my quick shifter was perhaps a little too quick, proving that theory the night before when it snapped at the weld while I was on the other side of Sydney in Chipping Norton. Smile

Now to start getting a new diff sorted out.

EDIT: oh, & Anthony, yep, sigle spinner all the way! Very Happy

[Updated on: Thu, 17 March 2005 11:35]

gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Drags this wed night Thu, 17 March 2005 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
13.3 hey, you must be stoked with that. One not so wide street tyre doing thoes sort of times is pretty impressive.

Looks like the extra boost does help. Razz

If your looking at doing a MX23 diff, I have a jig you can use. It's a fairly easy thing to fabricate the mounts and I am sure you know someone that can wave a mig at it.
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Drags this wed night Thu, 17 March 2005 23:08 Go to previous message
13.3 is good Joel... Very Happy Pity bout the rain Sad

congrat's on your mph.... Cool
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Toyota Nationals 2005
Next Topic:Week of speed drags
Goto Forum: