Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Can someone plz recommend a good Alarm/immobiliser for my ae86

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
WHITCHY
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Can someone plz recommend a good Alarm/immobiliser for my ae86 Mon, 07 March 2005 07:35 Go to next message
Hey guys, in the not to distant future I am gonna get an alarm and immobiliser and put in in the Sprinter, but I have no idea what sort to get or where to go?
Pretty much just want something with keyless entry, loud ass siren, immobiliser and any other good security features that you guys would recommend.

I just can't sleep at night at the moment, my old corolla got stolen from out the front of my house(when everyone was home), my mums 00' Magna got attempted to be broken into (dumb farks tried to bend the top of the door frame down (ne one that knows these cars, they only have windows with no frames!, snapped the screwdrive off), and my sisters window got smashed,all out the font of my house, and I dont exactly live on a quiet street!

so yeah, I am just after an idea of what brand to get,and where to get it all from? at a reasonable price. Installation is all taken car of tho, I can do that myself.

Thanks heaps for any info and advice!
-Whitchy-
  Send a private message to this user    
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Can someone plz recommend a good Alarm/immobiliser for my ae86 Mon, 07 March 2005 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not sure what alarms are good, i havent got one, but i know there has been a few threads about alrams/sirens, punch it into search and something should come up.

on a similar note, a wheel clamping device, an electrical cut-out, 2x fuel plunge cut-outs, and a crook-lock would take even an experienced car thief a while to work-out, and hopefully they would give up, or just quit trying. all that even without an alarm should protect your car, but a loud-arse siren and top-notch alarm system would help even more. it might take you a few extra minutes to lock your car up at night, but thats worth it rather then it getting flogged/broken into. Smile
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Can someone plz recommend a good Alarm/immobiliser for my ae86 Mon, 07 March 2005 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont get a microwave alarm as they are set off easily. an alarm with glass breakage sensor, door sensors and 2-3 stage imobilizer with black wiring is what you should look for. Expect to pay arround 400-500 fully installed.
VanLewen
Newcomer

July 2003
Re: Can someone plz recommend a good Alarm/immobiliser for my ae86 Mon, 07 March 2005 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys im an auto sparky and i reckon autowatch is the go. Im using a 446RLi or something like that in my sw20 with ultra sonics, shock sensors and all the fruit and its good! Fark all false alarms and a bloody loud siren = Goood! at cost i paid 270 and that included the auto window closer which is $50, so theres something to look at anyway.

Cheers, Rob Cool
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: Can someone plz recommend a good Alarm/immobiliser for my ae86 Mon, 07 March 2005 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've had no problem with autowatch
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Can someone plz recommend a good Alarm/immobiliser for my ae86 Wed, 31 August 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
200duckman wrote on Wed, 31 August 2005 12:38

Get a Power Lock, they work like a normal immobiliser except with an added layer of security called a starter solenoid cut-off which re-routes and disconnects all power to your Starter Motor. check it out http://www.powerlock.com.au

i thought you were told to stop plugging the business and not to open another account on here. Mad
.wolfwood
Regular

February 2005
Re: Can someone plz recommend a good Alarm/immobiliser for my ae86 Wed, 31 August 2005 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
taht Power Lock lok good anyone used it?
so waht brand of alarm do yous think, i also need one for my ae86
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Can someone plz recommend a good Alarm/immobiliser for my ae86 Wed, 31 August 2005 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the alarm i have eats the battery pretty quick, gotta let the car run for a few mins each day or i gotta jump start it Confused
so i just ripped out the alarm computer when i dont use it Confused

which also acts as a immobiliser because the ignition is wired up to it Laughing

if ur car is worth more than 5k then get an alarm otherwise an immob will do fine Cool
.wolfwood
Regular

February 2005
Re: Can someone plz recommend a good Alarm/immobiliser for my ae86 Wed, 31 August 2005 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer ive spent about 12grand and its going up all the time on my car so yer i would like an alarm
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Can someone plz recommend a good Alarm/immobiliser for my ae86 Wed, 31 August 2005 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I too am looking into this. Does anyone knowof a good installer in the brisbane area?
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Can someone plz recommend a good Alarm/immobiliser for my ae86 Wed, 31 August 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brant = the bomb Smile

www.brant.com.au

they ahve saved one of our cars from going walkabouts. good pricing too. their synergy unit with the keypad works a treat. a slight nuisance having to put a PIN in everytime you want to drive it but well worth the effort. so even if someone knicks your keys they cant take it.
bahnugget
Regular

August 2005
Re: Can someone plz recommend a good Alarm/immobiliser for my ae86 Wed, 31 August 2005 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i find it hard to believe that with all you technically minded folk around these parts u cant install something as simple as a car alarm yourself!!

i bought mine off ebay for 160 bucks, its got a bunch of features, a strange asian-translated manual, and it works like a treat! mm.. treat..
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Can someone plz recommend a good Alarm/immobiliser for my ae86 Wed, 31 August 2005 08:48 Go to previous message
from an isurance point. if it wasnt installed by a qualified person, and the alarm/immob isnt australian standards certified you can be pushing shit up hill to get a theft claim payed out.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:worth while ?
Next Topic:Datsun 1600 struts into ke35???
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 05:00:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050640106201172 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.