Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Guess what i just found in my Trueno?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Mon, 07 March 2005 12:46 Go to next message
I was cleaning up the interior of my car today and decided to put some armorall on it. I figured I'd do every bit i could get to but when i got down to the footwell in the drivers side, i found this little bracket on the RHS under the speakers.

Attached to the braket is what seems to be a flare Laughing It's a Toyota flare at that! The writing's all in Jap so i can't understand it but if someone can host for me then i'll email a piccy to them.

Eddie.
  Send a private message to this user    
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Mon, 07 March 2005 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i allways wondered what those brackets are for in the kick panel, my ma45's have what i think your talking about
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Mon, 07 March 2005 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i found a few bucks under the rear seats of the sprinter Confused
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Mon, 07 March 2005 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found a 40cm long spoon down the back of my Commodore's rear seat. Surprised The family I bought the car off were Indian... Probably a curry stirrer. Laughing
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Mon, 07 March 2005 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theres this little holder behind the drivers seat on the mr2, i allways wonderd what it was for till the dyno day in vic late last year. gearbox comes up to me and says "you got one of these holding flare". Asked him where he pulled if from and yeah same spot.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Mon, 07 March 2005 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
b4 u know it there will be kids driving around in their toyota with flares out of the windows
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Mon, 07 March 2005 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My dads rx7 has a red flare held next to pass. side kick panel, i'm dying to test out the flare....

typical situation will be once i've done it, later on in the day we will be stranded in the middle of nowhere and no flare to signal for help Sad
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Mon, 07 March 2005 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yup, flares were a factory item in cars in Japan, obviously for hazardous usuage.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Tue, 08 March 2005 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spoon was probably for belting the kids across the head when they misbehaved. Razz
studman
Occasional Poster

On Probation

March 2005
Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Tue, 08 March 2005 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"I heard Buffalo Bob shoved a road flare up yer bung-hole.....hoo ra"

Joe Dirt, best movie eva.

Sum one let one off, you would cause a crash if ya fired one up on the side of tha road.
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Tue, 08 March 2005 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep my cruiser has a yota flare mounted on the passenger side kick panel, my sisters imported SWB pajero has a bitsashitty flare also mounted there. I see a trend...
arasta
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Tue, 08 March 2005 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my brothers imported S/c Mr2 had one of those things too!

clown - yup in the (jap?) mr2 its sorta about the seatbelt inertia reel in the pillar behind the driver, near the floor. its definitely not in my aus delivered one - which disaapointed me lol

my brother bought the car, we went & picked it up, got it home and we were looking it over carefully (as you do for a 15y rule car) and i see this lil orange tube just behind the drivers seat in its lil clip hehe - go wtf? a flare? didnt notice that when we looked at it in th yard!

i thought that stuff was sposed to be ditched for the import but seeing as it didnt Very Happy we werent complaining. been itching to try the thing too except its guaranteed to make someone think you are in trouble!

that spoon is one of the more unusual finds tho lol Shocked
Cheers
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Tue, 08 March 2005 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm dying to use it as well Laughing But i know I'll NEVER be able to source another (for a reasonable price) so I'll have to leave it be. Looks cool though.

Eddie.
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Tue, 08 March 2005 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just wait til the next time u come out and forget that pajero matey we is gonna have sum fun Razz
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Tue, 08 March 2005 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll have to bring the coke to get you high on eh Paul Laughing My sprinter's outta rego at the moment (need the cash at the moment) so it'll have to be in the sube. How's the part search goin?

Eddie.
Azza
Regular

December 2004
Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Tue, 08 March 2005 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found someones shopping list while pulling out my cars dash... along with alto of dog hairs and a 10cent peice I haven't been able to retreive from under the gearstick.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Tue, 08 March 2005 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a flare from the mid eighties? it will probably blow your hand off... Rolling Eyes lol
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Tue, 08 March 2005 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was going to say sumfin about dashes but i wont
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Tue, 08 March 2005 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What about the dashes??? Tell tell!!!!
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Tue, 08 March 2005 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
our R33 ser II had one under the glovebox too Very Happy

SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Tue, 08 March 2005 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Big T wrote on Tue, 08 March 2005 19:49

What about the dashes??? Tell tell!!!!

i went to wind the speedo on a mondeo i bought in ireland 7 years ago and to my amazement it had a piece of paper and when i read it it said 'oh no not again' i had to laugh Laughing
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Tue, 08 March 2005 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm surprised customs don't seize them or something Rolling Eyes Still curious to see pics!
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Tue, 08 March 2005 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found a flare.....in my PANTS! ZING!
andrij
Regular

December 2003
Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Tue, 08 March 2005 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had one too, in my GS.

I took it out before i sold it the first time i owned it.

Now, where did i hide it so that i can put the bugger back? Shocked
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Tue, 08 March 2005 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arasta wrote on Tue, 08 March 2005 14:31

that spoon is one of the more unusual finds tho lol Shocked
Cheers

I gave it to Mum and she loves it... It's sort of a pointy shaped spoon and she raves about how she can scrape every bit out of the saucepans with it. She uses it for rice all the time. Very Happy

Also, when I was cleaning my car recently I found a 1994 receipt for petrol... 63c per litre. Shocked Mad Mad Mad We get so ripped off these days. Mad Mad Mad
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Tue, 08 March 2005 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my first ma45 was previously owned by a single mum with 2 kids and a small dog needless to say the interior was FUBAR all i found was maccas frys under the back seat Sad
twinturbo86
Regular

June 2003
Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Tue, 08 March 2005 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i found one of these flares in my girlfriends starlet gt halfcut
i lit it up, u strike the end like a box of matches it was damn bright but an over rated experience. they should have supplyed marine flares instead so u can fire them at the cars that dont stop to help ya when u get a flat tyre Laughing Laughing Laughing

it would be pretty funny if u swapped someones flare with a huge red bunger Laughing
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Tue, 08 March 2005 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
most imports in to NZ still have them, we used to grab them out of all the cars on my dads caryard and use them to light up the street on new years like a big runway Razz
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Wed, 09 March 2005 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have one too although it seems like its way pass its expiry date. wonder what would happen if u try to light it up.

we should have a gathering and light up all our flares together. im goin to sydney for easter break, so anybody up for flare cruise??
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Wed, 09 March 2005 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://members.iinet.net.au/~toof/IMG_2596.JPG

one like this one in my aw11 Razz
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Wed, 09 March 2005 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno?
i thought it would of been takumi oh well Razz
i wonder if we can get them with a panda paint scheme

[Updated on: Wed, 09 March 2005 03:18]

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Wed, 09 March 2005 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 14:17

Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno?
i thought it would of been takumi oh well Razz

404 Funny Not Found.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Wed, 09 March 2005 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol garth arc up!
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Wed, 09 March 2005 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 14:17

Re: i thought it would of been takumi oh well Razz

Razz Razz Well mine's a coupe not a hatch so no Tak in here. It is panda though Razz Laughing

Eddie.
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Wed, 09 March 2005 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Big T wrote on Tue, 08 March 2005 19:17

I'm dying to use it as well Laughing But i know I'll NEVER be able to source another (for a reasonable price) so I'll have to leave it be. Looks cool though.

Eddie.

I sell them for $30 each. I have a heap from cars i have imported.
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Wed, 09 March 2005 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Mon, 07 March 2005 23:37

I found a 40cm long spoon down the back of my Commodore's rear seat. Surprised The family I bought the car off were Indian... Probably a curry stirrer. Laughing

Hell no, son!
Being half Indian myself i can almost guarantee that cooking implements are not to leave the kitchen...ever!
The spoon would of been for laying the smack down on one of the 15 kids in the back acting up!
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Thu, 10 March 2005 19:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha toof loves holding his flare
Phrozen_Death
Regular

October 2002
Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Thu, 10 March 2005 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i got one under the glove box in the crown aswell Very Happy
pulled it out so my mates wouldnt get any ideas
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Fri, 11 March 2005 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Tue, 08 March 2005 00:37

OMG HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH that is fucking hiliarious wat u wrote and those stupif little faces make it even funnier... i started to shit myself laughing plus i am at uni atm and everyone is thinking i am a fuckwit!!
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Fri, 11 March 2005 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i found a canadian 1c peice under the seat in the MA61
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Fri, 11 March 2005 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i also found some shitty 5ME engine in the engine bay... Rolling Eyes
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Fri, 11 March 2005 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found coolant in my oil... and oil in my coolant. A couple of times. God damn 7M's. Embarassed

[Updated on: Fri, 11 March 2005 03:45]

towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Fri, 11 March 2005 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Under the drivers seat in my ae82 seca twinky i found an 1986 lottery ticket from Townsville and the first prize was a 1986 Toyota AE82 Corolla Seca Twin Cam. I makes me wonder at times.
I also found a $5 scratchy that had $10 on it so i cashed it in for some more scratches and lost.

But the spoon..... now thats a classic Laughing
YumGTR
Newcomer

February 2005
Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Wed, 16 March 2005 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SUPRA MAN wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 04:59

KRISTIAN WHERE THE HELL ARE MY VF34 TURBOS THAT YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO SEND ME OVER A MONTH AGO!?! DO YOU FEEL LIKE YOU CAN SCAM ME AND NOT LIVE UP TO YOUR END OF THE BARGAIN BECAUSE I'M ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD!?!

I highly recommend that anyone contemplating doing business with this joker, re-consider. He will take your money and you will not get your parts.

I have sent him countless emails now with no response except for several weeks ago when he gave me some lame excuse about his supplier not getting back to him.
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Wed, 16 March 2005 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YumGTR wrote on Thu, 17 March 2005 05:21

SUPRA MAN wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 04:59

KRISTIAN WHERE THE HELL ARE MY VF34 TURBOS THAT YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO SEND ME OVER A MONTH AGO!?! DO YOU FEEL LIKE YOU CAN SCAM ME AND NOT LIVE UP TO YOUR END OF THE BARGAIN BECAUSE I'M ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD!?!

I highly recommend that anyone contemplating doing business with this joker, re-consider. He will take your money and you will not get your parts.

I have sent him countless emails now with no response except for several weeks ago when he gave me some lame excuse about his supplier not getting back to him.

I just got De ja vu Shocked
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Thu, 17 March 2005 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh kay......

Now the question is will SUPRA MAN respond......
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Fri, 18 March 2005 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he would have had a refund, but he had my paypal account cancelled. I have money in there to send him, but cant access the account !!!
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Fri, 18 March 2005 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol does anyone EVER give you a good review? seems like too many people are pissed off with your lack of customer service.
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Fri, 18 March 2005 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon, thats why I am selling everything have here, then never selling anything again.
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Fri, 18 March 2005 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well you cant blame anyone other then yourself for choosing to get out of it.

i see plenty of other people on this site along with other sites like nissansilvia.com running the exact same business as you are, and they all deliever ON TIME, and whats more, if they are late, they keep the buyers INFORMED OF WHATS GOING ON.

it aint rocket science champ
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Fri, 18 March 2005 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-AE86 wrote on Sat, 19 March 2005 03:15

i see plenty of other people on this site running the exact same business as you are

no idea what you are talking about mate, I dont own any business. I used to, but sold it last year sometime. I have nothing to do with any business at all.
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Fri, 18 March 2005 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you're a bellend, case closed.
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Fri, 18 March 2005 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-AE86 wrote on Sat, 19 March 2005 03:20

you're a bellend, case closed.

what is a bell end ?
Aussie
Regular

June 2003
Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Fri, 18 March 2005 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you just answered ur own question champ Wink
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Fri, 18 March 2005 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.people.man.ac.uk/~mbhepap/jpgs/bellend.jpg
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Fri, 18 March 2005 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and that is a bellend
YumGTR
Newcomer

February 2005
Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Fri, 18 March 2005 17:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SUPRA MAN wrote on Fri, 18 March 2005 08:59

he would have had a refund, but he had my paypal account cancelled. I have money in there to send him, but cant access the account !!!

I originally emailed this joker through ebay where he had a couple auctions for brand new IHI VF34 turbos. I made him a direct offer for two turbos for $450 USD each. He emailed me a few days after the auctions closed and told me the high bidders had flaked and that he accepted my offer and gave me his paypal address to send payment to. He never said anything in his auctions or in his email to me about not having the turbos on hand, and that it could be 1+ months before he would get them.

Here is his most recent email to me:

Quote:

YOU DEPOSITED THE MONEY INTO MY PAYPAL BEFORE YOU EVEN ASKED IF I HAD ANY TURBOS IN STOCK ! You did not ask how long delivery was, you did not ask if I had any in stock, all you did was ask a price then transfer the money without even telling me.

Therefore, I have the right to deliver your turbos when I receive them, in my time, not when you say, as there was no pre-arranged agreement before you paid. You will not receive the $900 back from paypal or amex, as I am the seller, and I will tell them they will be delivered toyou as soon as I get them in stock.

It is the buyers responsibility to find out delivery times prior to purchase. If you cant prove that a pre-arranged time frame was arranged, then I am still within my rights to deliver the turbos to you when they arrive to me from my supplier. You are only making this worsefor your self, and causing problems that will only delay either your refund, or your delivery.

I have had people complain before to paypal, and paypal have always found in my favour, as extended delivery delays do not constitute that I have ripped you off. I always supply what people have paid for. If you want to make up stories, and assume that my lack of internet time andbecause I don't check my emails that often that you think I have stole your money, you are very wrong, and only doing your self damage.

I advise you to remove the post on toymods, and stop causing problems or this thing will drag out for ever. Either way, it doesn't bother me, I have the money here you paid, and if you want it, you will remove the post Smile

So apparently he has scammed other people who have made claims against him with paypal. And his claim that paypal has cancelled his account is erroneous. They have restricted his account and given him a negative $900 USD balance until he can prove that he shipped the turbos out to me, or until he transfers money into his paypal account from his bank account that they can refund to me.

Paypal has concluded their investigation of the matter and ruled against him, and in their communication with me they said that while they found the seller at fault, he had no money in his paypal account for them to collect and send back to me.

This guy is full of lies and deceit and he has *TERRIBLE* customer service. No wonder he failed as a business owner and had to sell his shop to someone else.
Aussie
Regular

June 2003
Re: Guess what i just found in my Trueno? Fri, 18 March 2005 17:33 Go to previous message
bad luck YumGTR, hate when this sorta crap happens. At least its been found in your favour. SUPRAMAN do the right thing here dude, dont scaz this guy his money, your reputation's already in the shitter, dont make it worse for yourself by being stubborn with this guy.

good luck yumgtr with getting ya cash back.

back on topic... found lotsa coins of YEN under the carpet of me sil80 when it arrived from japan, oh, and a bowed cylinder head Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Some misc Video's with AE86's Drifting etc
Next Topic:Advice needed for friend PETROL IN RADIATOR
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 18:19:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0089218616485596 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.