Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Engines, Accessories and other Mechanicals » EOI KE20/25 4age mounts PICS UP NOW...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
EOI KE20/25 4age mounts PICS UP NOW... Wed, 02 March 2005 05:06 Go to next message
Hey people my brother has 4age 16v/20v mounts for a ke20/25 that i am going to get copied for my car. If anyone else is interested i could get some more copied.
I am quite sure they will work i just need to test them with my car.
So if you are interested PM me and i'll try and work something out.
Cheers
Michael

[Updated on: Mon, 07 March 2005 04:56]

Send a private message to this user    
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: EOI KE20/25 4age mounts Wed, 02 March 2005 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PM Sent
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: EOI KE20/25 4age mounts Wed, 02 March 2005 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Replied.
purple_people_eater_1
Regular

June 2003
Re: EOI KE20/25 4age mounts Wed, 02 March 2005 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im interested post up if they fit
and i recon i'll buy a set Smile
purple_people_eater_1
Regular

June 2003
Re: EOI KE20/25 4age mounts Wed, 02 March 2005 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im interested post up if they fit
and i recon i'll buy a set Smile
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: EOI KE20/25 4age mounts Wed, 02 March 2005 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK my brother has a set which he bought off someone from here. I found out the part number on the mount which goes on the cross member. I went to toyota and they identified it for us. They said it would cost $140 to get them in brand new. Then for the engine mount i went to a metal fabricator and asked how much it would cost to get them copied. They said "It's pretty much just labour involved so about $80". So about $240 maybe more. I am working on testing it this week so i will let you know soon.
You don't need to change the cross member as the mount suits it.
Cheers
Michael
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: EOI KE20/25 4age mounts Thu, 03 March 2005 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK people my brother and i have tested it and they work. It fits beautifully... The only problem is you have to get a different sway bar from stock(You could run the stock sway bar bar but its a bit risky as the crank pulley just misses it so its better to get a different sway bar to be sure). I have pictures which i will put up soon of the engine in the bay.
I will go up to toyota and metal fabricators either today or tomorrow and get definate prices.
If you are seriously interested PM me and we'll work it out. I don't have time for people to stuff me around. I am trying to do something which everyone can benefit from so don't bother saying your interested if your not.
Cheers
Michael.

purple_people_eater_1
Regular

June 2003
Re: EOI KE20/25 4age mounts Thu, 03 March 2005 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so your saying its a factory engine mount?
could be even cheaper to find out what car they are from
and search the wreckers?
Do you have any photos?
most likely a RWD 4ac engine mount?
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: EOI KE20/25 4age mounts Thu, 03 March 2005 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They are TE27 cross member mounts for a 2t engine. Wreckers would be shit because the rubber would be old and would've corroded. These are BRAND NEW.
So NO they are not factory engine mounts and NO they are not stock 4ac!!!!!!
Michael
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: EOI KE20/25 4age mounts Fri, 04 March 2005 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BUMP....
twincam_ke20
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: EOI KE20/25 4age mounts Fri, 04 March 2005 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it would be cheaper to get early commonwhore mounts as theyd be dime a dozen

i use vb/vc rubbers and they work fine. be alot cheaper then 240 bucks
Rolling Eyes
purple_people_eater_1
Regular

June 2003
Re: EOI KE20/25 4age mounts Fri, 04 March 2005 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I believe its the rubber and the actual mount.
Do we have a definate price?
how does it go with the gearbox cross mememeber are you able
to use the mounting points provided?
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: EOI KE20/25 4age mounts Sat, 05 March 2005 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Purpler_People_Eater_1 PM'd you.

You can use the original gearbox mounts.
Michael
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: EOI KE20/25 4age mounts Sat, 05 March 2005 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its rubber and mounts.
stylus
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: EOI KE20/25 4age mounts Sat, 05 March 2005 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
let me know when u post up the pix. Thanks. I am very interested in this conversion. If u could also provide a little b/ground info on this conversion it would be great. Thanks for the advice and will get back to you once i sort out my financial situation on the conversion so i can send money for the mounts.
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: EOI KE20/25 4age mounts Sun, 06 March 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For sure mate. I will write up a full report when the conversion is done and costs incured. It would be done sooner but my work are being pricks so i am not getting enough money to pay for it each week.
Michael
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: EOI KE20/25 4age mounts Sun, 06 March 2005 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BUMP...Pics will be up tomorrow.
By the way if you have questions please ask i don't wanna rip anyone off or make a bad name for myself... But if you wanna say something stupid or say what you think is better keep it to yourself and don't post anything up here saying your opinion or what would be cheaper.
Cheers
Michael
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: EOI KE20/25 4age mounts Mon, 07 March 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here they are. Pictures are of a 100kw 4age in ke20. 1 picture show the gap between firewall and engine. Another show the pulley and sway bar gap. Any questions?
Michael

Attachment: Engine 1.jpg
(Size: 45.53KB, Downloaded 119 time(s))
Attachment: Engine2.jpg
(Size: 44.19KB, Downloaded 129 time(s))
Attachment: Engine3.jpg
(Size: 43.23KB, Downloaded 137 time(s))

Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: EOI KE20/25 4age mounts Mon, 07 March 2005 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here are the others.
Michael

Attachment: Firewall engine.jpg
(Size: 32.97KB, Downloaded 87 time(s))
Attachment: Swaybar Pulley.jpg
(Size: 17.92KB, Downloaded 78 time(s))

purple_people_eater_1
Regular

June 2003
Re: EOI KE20/25 4age mounts PICS UP NOW... Mon, 07 March 2005 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks the goods! could you do a measurement for me please?
from the exhaust ports to the strut tower.

just need to know clearance for the turbo and manifold.
stylus
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: EOI KE20/25 4age mounts PICS UP NOW... Mon, 07 March 2005 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the pics!! nice work man! Thanks for the advice too!!
BradW
Regular

April 2004
Re: EOI KE20/25 4age mounts PICS UP NOW... Mon, 07 March 2005 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any pics of the mounts themselves and what you get for your $240.

Brad
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: EOI KE20/25 4age mounts PICS UP NOW... Mon, 07 March 2005 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
purple_people_eater_1 - I'll do measurement tomorrow for you.

stylus - No worries mate i'll do my best to help you out.

BradW - The engine is still in the car cause i've been busy. They are engine mounts what else do you need. I'll try and get pics up but it took me hours just to organise a computer to get the photo's so no guarantee.

Alright you get mounts for the cross members(they are from Toyota), plus you get the custom mounts made by metal fabricators.

Anything else?
Michael
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: EOI KE20/25 4age mounts PICS UP NOW... Tue, 08 March 2005 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can u post up a steo by step process on wat parts u need to get in the order u need to get them and wat needs to be modified ect. your thread isnt exactly clear sorry.

also on ur 4age what water pump did u use? did u use an ae82 type (flat) with a remote thermostat housing?

could we get pics of the crossmember and the mounts out of the car too if possible, its would be a great help. thankyou in advance
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: EOI KE20/25 4age mounts PICS UP NOW... Tue, 08 March 2005 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alright here is what i'm doing:
-100kw 4age going in with mounts
-T50 box(No modifying)
-ke55 diff(No modifying)
-ke55 prop shaft(Shortened and with the yolk of a sprinter prop shaft put on to fit into the drive shaft)
-The cross member is stock ke20/25. No modifying needed.
-A bigger sway bar which fits a t series engine(This is what i was told by previous owner. I'll try and get a picture too)
-Remote brake booster.
-You also have to convert to hydraulic clutch. Using ae71 clutch slave cylinder.
-Different struts to match rear stud pattern(I am using t18 struts)
-Stock Computer(I got with engine)
-Surge tank with vl pumps

I don't know what the water pump is, when i bought the engine package it was all there.
Its hard for me to get pics organised as my computer doesn't load my digital camera program.

Michael

[Updated on: Tue, 08 March 2005 12:34]

Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: EOI KE20/25 4age mounts PICS UP NOW... Tue, 08 March 2005 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bump...
purple_people_eater_1 i PM'd you the info you wanted.
I'm working on pictures.
Michael
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: EOI KE20/25 4age mounts PICS UP NOW... Wed, 09 March 2005 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BUMP...
Alright people those who were interested better come up because i am ordering the mounts next week. So if you want them you'll have to finalise it either this week or early next week. Because once i order them there will be no other chance to get them from me. I will get the rest of the pics this week so be assured they're coming. If you are definately interested you can call me at home on (02)9531 1779.
At the moment the price will be $240 + postage unless toyota has changed it.
Cheers
Michael
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: EOI KE20/25 4age mounts PICS UP NOW... Wed, 09 March 2005 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Megz wrote on Mon, 07 March 2005 23:05

Alright you get mounts for the cross members(they are from Toyota), plus you get the custom mounts made by metal fabricators.

Anything else?
Michael

im refering to this comment here thats wht im confused. im not worried about gbox and diffs ect all i wana know if everything u needed to do your conversion to the 4age. ie water pump thermostat housing ect wat has to be customised? so ur telling me with these mountsu can bolt a 4age engine straight up to a ke20 crossmember.

if so put me down for a pair
when do u need payment by?
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: EOI KE20/25 4age mounts PICS UP NOW... Wed, 09 March 2005 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shit sorry man...Nah nothing with the water pump/thermostat housing has to be customised. Thats if your running a 16v. I am not sure about 20v stuff. Yes it bolts straight to the standard cross member. Anything else you need to know. Sorry bout the confusion mate.
Cheers
Michael
I PM'd you as well.
bloody_huge23
Regular

May 2002
Re: EOI KE20/25 4age mounts PICS UP NOW... Tue, 15 March 2005 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would it be possible to put up pics of the actual mounts.
And also would these mounts bolt to a ke30 crossmember.
Thanx heaps,
Adam
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: EOI KE20/25 4age mounts PICS UP NOW... Tue, 15 March 2005 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am working on pics as the engine is still in the car as i've been bloody busy organising bits for the conversion.
As i am sure i have said before i don't know what else it fits.
I am also trying to find mounts which are the same as the ones my brother has. So i wouldn't have to pay toyota to get them in.
I am working on it so be patient!!!
Michael
bloody_huge23
Regular

May 2002
Re: EOI KE20/25 4age mounts PICS UP NOW... Wed, 16 March 2005 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry if i sounded like a knob. I know how things can get so freakin busy. Yeah pics anytime would be cool thanx heaps.
Adam
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: EOI KE20/25 4age mounts PICS UP NOW... Wed, 16 March 2005 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry man, i am trying to organise these, my car died today, trying to get parts for the rest of the conversion and work really puts you in a shit mood.
Hopefully tomorrow but definately by the weekend the pic will be up.
Michael
bloody_huge23
Regular

May 2002
Re: EOI KE20/25 4age mounts PICS UP NOW... Wed, 16 March 2005 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanx champ.
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: EOI KE20/25 4age mounts PICS UP NOW... Wed, 16 March 2005 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think i may have found another type of mounts i can use. I will try some others and let everyone know.
Cheers
Michael
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: EOI KE20/25 4age mounts PICS UP NOW... Sat, 19 March 2005 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any news? jsut keepin it at the top....
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: EOI KE20/25 4age mounts PICS UP NOW... Sun, 20 March 2005 01:34 Go to previous message
Yeah man i should work it out this week. I've just been hell busy.
Sorry for the delay.
Michael
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1JZ engine parts 2JZ Auto
Next Topic:ae82 twinky gearbox make an offer
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 22:58:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0071799755096436 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.