Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
86LIFE
Regular

September 2004
icon14.gif  AE86 brake upgrade Tue, 08 March 2005 04:11 Go to next message
question for the hachi-heads,

will AE82 or AE92 calipers fit on Aus spec AE86 so i can use vented discs??

no one seems to have the JDM calipers so would the FWD versions be easier to source/fit???

Send a private message to this user    
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: AE86 brake upgrade Tue, 08 March 2005 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NO.
goddamnit do a search. brakes have been done to DEATH. Mad
SLY16V
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AE86 brake upgrade Tue, 08 March 2005 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ra60 front struts
ra60 vented rotors with big calipers
ra60 steering arms
ae86 control arms
ae86 strut top

thats what ive done on my ae86
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: AE86 brake upgrade Tue, 08 March 2005 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have just start my upgrade, s13 calipers for the rear and mazda rx7s4 calipers for the front, now im looking for rotors.
Are there any that wont mess up the offset too much and fit 15inch wheels? MU secret are too expensive.
86LIFE
Regular

September 2004
Re: AE86 brake upgrade Wed, 09 March 2005 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SLY16V wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 03:04

ra60 front struts
ra60 steering arms
ae86 control arms
ae86 strut top

cheers, that should be the way forward i think.

slydar
Regular

December 2003
Re: AE86 brake upgrade Wed, 09 March 2005 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ra60 front struts
ra60 steering arms
ae86 control arms
ae86 strut top

you will also need the celica ball joints, theyre a differant profile. itll work without (ive dont it) but its very dodgy/ poissibly extremely dangerous.

also youll have hella shit steering geometry/positve castor issues, but it is a really easy brake upgrade.

Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE86 brake upgrade Wed, 09 March 2005 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yay, let's have this thread again! I don't think it was sufficiently covered the first 200 times!
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: AE86 brake upgrade Thu, 10 March 2005 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah brakes have been done. i was gonna ask wether i should go gze or 20v?
86LIFE
Regular

September 2004
Re: AE86 brake upgrade Thu, 10 March 2005 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
neither, EVOSTi.

its gettin a 100kW 4AG!! Wink

seriously though, if you don't have any anymore 'advice' other than to say 'use the search function', you don't have to reply to my question.

thanks for your feedback anyway guys.

time for a search then

[Updated on: Thu, 10 March 2005 11:41]

EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: AE86 brake upgrade Thu, 10 March 2005 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate, its not a matter of putting you down, i understand new people may not realise a question has been asked before but thats why if you read the forum guidelines it recomends you search before asking a question. if you had have done that you would have found PLENTY of information regarding brake upgrades. if you look in the tech docs section you would also notice i have written an article on the subject regarding fitting 4 piston hilux calipers.

86LIFE
Regular

September 2004
Re: AE86 brake upgrade Thu, 10 March 2005 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, did the search thing and theres a bit of info but most of the shit i already knew. i DID find some good info on rear brakes though :D:D

i guess i'll just bite the bullet and go for Jap spec shit, if i can ever find it.

i guess the n00bs (like myself) just get caught up in the 'lets ask these experienced people for some info regarding my cool AE86 and up my post count at the same time!' Rolling Eyes

i'll try to be less newbie-spec in future Razz Embarassed
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: AE86 brake upgrade Fri, 11 March 2005 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive never priced jap spec stuff, but i wouldnt bother when you can do the hilux/pug upgrade for under $1K yourself, or the ma60 upgrade, and both are a stuff load better than standard jap spec.
fergo308
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AE86 brake upgrade Sat, 12 March 2005 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EVOSTi wrote on Fri, 11 March 2005 16:37

ive never priced jap spec stuff, but i wouldnt bother when you can do the hilux/pug upgrade for under $1K yourself, or the ma60 upgrade, and both are a stuff load better than standard jap spec.

or you can go for a skyline or RX7 calliper conversion which will brake better again than the hilux setup,and will weigh about half as much,for a similar outlay.
you can get brackets to suit made up locally,or buy a kit off the shelf out of japan.

Justin...
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: AE86 brake upgrade Sun, 13 March 2005 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
similar outlay? i dont know anyone who has got an rx7 or skyline upgrade on their car for under $1K. but if you can do it, absolutely go that way, i just havent heard of it being done for less than $2K. otherwise i would have definately went for that option.
slydar
Regular

December 2003
Re: AE86 brake upgrade Sun, 13 March 2005 11:17 Go to previous message
i dont see any need for anything more than the jdm set up for some one running a 100kw motor. i think its by far the most logical choice.

best compromise between power and unsprung weight. and by far the cheapest.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MX62 struts RA23 steering arms??
Next Topic:MA61 5M-E Overheating *NOW Thermos 56K Killer*
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 9 23:25:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02466607093811 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.