Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
OnAHigh
Regular

March 2004
gze alternator Tue, 08 March 2005 00:40 Go to next message
well my alternator has just s##t itself, might get it reconditioned. does anyone know if the alternators off a 4age or any other alternator will fit on the gze or does it have to be off a gze. i need one asap
  Send a private message to this user    
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: gze alternator Tue, 08 March 2005 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gze alternators are different to the 4age ones. THey are virtually a mirror image of the 4age one.

I do have one spare, but im not sure if i want to part with it just yet Smile

re-co parts will most likely be the same as a 4age alternator, so its probably worth just reconditioning it.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: gze alternator Tue, 08 March 2005 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is a honda eithe accord or prelude that has the EXACT and i mean exact altenator. i cannot remember the model tho unfortunately, but if you go check out a wreckers or an auto elec you should be able to find it.
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: gze alternator Tue, 08 March 2005 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The internal parts are the same, bar one bearing Sad
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: gze alternator Wed, 09 March 2005 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah the bearing is the killer. my auto elec was rebuilding mine and all was good until we priced a bearing which had to be brought up from melbourne, and it was prohibitevly (spelling?) expensive.
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: gze alternator Wed, 09 March 2005 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, and guess which bearing is squealing?
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: gze alternator Wed, 09 March 2005 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so investigate the honda idea, im telling you, IDENTICAL. well i spose some internal parts MIGHT differ a little, but the housing is the same, and all the specs are the same.
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: gze alternator Wed, 09 March 2005 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well this one was only just rebuilt, but we oculdnt get that last bearing in time for xmas, so we just put the old one back in.... big mistake.
arasta
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: gze alternator Wed, 09 March 2005 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ouch!

noted for future reference tho. what did they quote the bearing as? (winces in advance)

BTW that'd be prohibitive. Smile
Cheers
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: gze alternator Wed, 09 March 2005 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i cant remember the price of the bearing exactly, just that it was uncommon and was gonna blow the $160 rebuild price outta the water haha.
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: gze alternator Wed, 09 March 2005 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, i was quoted $22. Ill be borrowing a gze alt in the next few days so i can pull mine out and go fix it properly.
OnAHigh
Regular

March 2004
Re: gze alternator Wed, 09 March 2005 15:03 Go to previous message
mine got sent out this morning to get reconditoned, should be ready tommorow of friday at the latest, i hope everyone thing goes good
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Rack mounted with no rubbers
Next Topic:exhaust upgrade
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 10 21:05:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048208236694336 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.