Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

icon14.gif  Greeeen Daaay rocks Mon, 07 March 2005 13:27 Go to next message
Yep they do. But even though the concert is over, the drums are still playing in my head Confused
  Send a private message to this user    
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Mon, 07 March 2005 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Green Day rules!! Very Happy
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Mon, 07 March 2005 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pfffft soft Twisted Evil Razz Laughing
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Mon, 07 March 2005 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Best Green Day album is Insomniac who else agrees.

Cool1, What albums you got? I have Kerplunk, Dookie, Insomniac, Nimrod, Warning, International Superhits and American Idiot.
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Mon, 07 March 2005 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DOOKIE!!!!

"lets nuke the bridge we torched 2000 times before, this time we'l blast it all to hell"
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Mon, 07 March 2005 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have all the albums. Even all the unofficial releases.

And my ears are still ringing Very Happy
Dirty_Sanchez
Regular

January 2004

Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Tue, 08 March 2005 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I remember the time they were at BDO a few years ago and people were hurling mud and stuff at them.

ahh the memories...
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Tue, 08 March 2005 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm going to the adelaide show on saturday, can't wait.

i heard a rumour that they were going to basically follow the storyboard of the new album, ie play it in it's entirety plus some other classics.

care to enlighten on what kinda set i can expect??
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Tue, 08 March 2005 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey

green day rock....i wish i had of got tickets when they were realised but i was too lazy Razz

NOLAN
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Tue, 08 March 2005 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
don't wanna be an american idoit dnnn dnnnnn

greenday is gonna be at rockit this sunday Very Happy
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Tue, 08 March 2005 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd rather jam a pair of scissors repeatedly into my crotch then listen to green day.
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Tue, 08 March 2005 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unforgiven wrote on Tue, 08 March 2005 19:50

I'd rather jam a pair of scissors repeatedly into my crotch then listen to green day.

ahahha u suck..

id rather jam a pairf of scissors into ur crotch then listen to you badmouthing a awesome band

NOLAN

ahaha

P.S. I NO WHO U ARE MUHAHAAHAH
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Tue, 08 March 2005 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unforgiven wrote on Tue, 08 March 2005 18:50

hahaha Laughing so true
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Tue, 08 March 2005 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
An awesome band in your opinion, in my opinion they go in the cher and simple plan pile.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Tue, 08 March 2005 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The first 4 songs were from the new album and then they played the ol school songs and then back into a few new songs.
They also played a few songs from other bands.
I think Green day have to be the best band to see live because they just go out and have fun unlike most other bands that go out and play the set songs and then leave.
For example they asked for 3 people in the crowd that could play the drums, bass, and guitar and got them to play one of the songs.
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Tue, 08 March 2005 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unforgiven wrote on Tue, 08 March 2005 20:10

An awesome band in your opinion, in my opinion they go in the cher and simple plan pile.

Are you some kind of teeny-bopper?? Rolling Eyes

Did they play thoese two songs off American Idiot that have 5 parts to them? Jesus of sububia and Homecoming? that would of been awsome to see that!.

P.S I am so JEALOUS of YOU SHANE!!! Razz
shoot
Regular

April 2004
Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Tue, 08 March 2005 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i seeing them on thur
Smile
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Tue, 08 March 2005 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DOOKIE!!
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Wed, 09 March 2005 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mick wrote on Tue, 08 March 2005 23:02

Did they play thoese two songs off American Idiot that have 5 parts to them? Jesus of sububia and Homecoming? that would of been awsome to see that!.

P.S I am so JEALOUS of YOU SHANE!!! Razz

Yes they did. As the soft parts of the song were playing they would let off these big explosions in the back ground(BOOOOMM)!! Be fucked if they weren't loud. I shit myself many times even when I was expecting it Shocked
Oh and I was like 8M from the stage in the best seats(front row)
I so hope they come again.
rob-ae86
Regular

November 2002
Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Wed, 09 March 2005 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im seeing them tonight

please tell me they played hitchin a ride
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Wed, 09 March 2005 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob-ae86 wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 16:07

im seeing them tonight

please tell me they played hitchin a ride

Sure did Very Happy
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Wed, 09 March 2005 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i saw them just when they released warning. i like their earlier stuff tho (cliche i know).
i dont think they are that great anymore, mainly cause im over punk now but i have to say they are an awesome live band, was a great show.
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Wed, 09 March 2005 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahhhh i put them in that annoying category of bands that sing in a pommy accent but are actually american Rolling Eyes annoying commercial crap.. Twisted Evil
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Wed, 09 March 2005 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EVOSTi wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 22:06

i saw them just when they released warning. i like their earlier stuff tho (cliche i know).
i dont think they are that great anymore, mainly cause im over punk now but i have to say they are an awesome live band, was a great show.

I love punk. I hope they come back Very Happy
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Thu, 10 March 2005 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but do greenday really fit into the punk catetgory anymore? i think they fall into roughly the same category nowdays as simple plan, sum 41, good charlotte etc...
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Thu, 10 March 2005 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think Green Day are still punk. bands like Go and cry Charlotte and Simple plan are emo. Green day are by no means an emo band. As they don't sook and cry about
" why is it happening too me" etc. In fact American idiot seems too tell a story more so then anything else, So it's defently not the usally Good Charlotte sook and cry "I just wanna live, boo-hoo" type album. Yes they may have "sold out" but I don't think it really makes them less of a punk band. there very experimental with there music, so there doing different things. Every Green Day album I have heard sounds different in some ways.

my two cents Smile
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Fri, 11 March 2005 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think dookie and insomniac sound virtually the same, loved them nonetheless tho. Smile
i guess im like alot of people that lose interest in a band when the sound changes, i think its cause you love their music then they slowly evolve like all bands do, and you're left wondering why would they change when they were already perfect? understand what i mean? bands like metallica, offspring, frenzal, UL, korn, incubus etc...
but then some bands get better with age NO FUN AT ALL!!!!
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Fri, 11 March 2005 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mick wrote on Thu, 10 March 2005 23:48

I think In fact American idiot seems too tell a story more so then anything else,
my two cents Smile

I listened to an interveiw with them on my local radio station and the dj was talking about how when they played 'american idiot' live at some shows they would wear George Bush face masks.... they went on to say pretty much this song is about the war and that every american is not an idiot who backs up the war and just wants to blow stuff up and participate mindlessly in whatever their country is doing...

mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Fri, 11 March 2005 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MFX_Neko_86 wrote on Fri, 11 March 2005 17:41

mick wrote on Thu, 10 March 2005 23:48

I think In fact American idiot seems too tell a story more so then anything else,
my two cents Smile

I listened to an interveiw with them on my local radio station and the dj was talking about how when they played 'american idiot' live at some shows they would wear George Bush face masks.... they went on to say pretty much this song is about the war and that every american is not an idiot who backs up the war and just wants to blow stuff up and participate mindlessly in whatever their country is doing...

pretty much,but I was talking about the album also called "American Idiot" . It's pretty much about a bloke who gets sick of leaving in a small town (Jesus of Suburbia) and leaves too go to the city and find a friend (St Jimmy) theres more to it but then that. I personally though it was a good album myself
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Fri, 11 March 2005 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EVOSTi wrote on Fri, 11 March 2005 16:54

i think dookie and insomniac sound virtually the same, loved them nonetheless tho. Smile
i guess im like alot of people that lose interest in a band when the sound changes, i think its cause you love their music then they slowly evolve like all bands do, and you're left wondering why would they change when they were already perfect? understand what i mean? bands like metallica, offspring, frenzal, UL, korn, incubus etc...
but then some bands get better with age NO FUN AT ALL!!!!

I personally think there nothing wrong with some expermentation so long as it does get as bad as Silverchair *shudders* I just loved the songs on Insommiac more then Dookie plus I think Insommiac sounds slightly quicker myself (Both fucking great albums Very Happy Yes I can see where your coming from but it is when it gets like Silverchair is when I start not liking a band as much
shoot
Regular

April 2004
Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Sat, 12 March 2005 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the only thing wrong with it was there where too many 10 to 14 year olds who were there too see Simple plan and there new greenday

most of them did not even no there old shit Sad

hahah we suck up to the arm band dude, sooo we got onto the floor mad night, even no Simple plan are simply shit (saw it on a tshirt) they would of had a better on stage act then greenday Sad

but how good is greenday it almost sounded like a cd Smile
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Sat, 12 March 2005 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes I have to agree, Green Day live sound as good as they do on CD. I hope they come back again Confused
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Sun, 13 March 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes greenday are great but American Idiot is such a copy of the song Franco-unamercian by nofx, just heavier and more mainstream. Hardly call it original and a hardcore stance like they try and make out
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Sun, 13 March 2005 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it sounds nothing like franco unamerican! maybe i can see where your coming from with the theme of the song, but i dont think they sound similar at all. franco is better Very Happy
and who's stance on america is original? everyones paying out on america in music, been happening for ages its just not as taboo anymore these days.
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Sun, 13 March 2005 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Punk....
http://img149.exs.cx/img149/7964/jacketcool9qj.jpg

[Updated on: Sun, 13 March 2005 08:15]

skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Sun, 13 March 2005 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unforgiven wrote on Sun, 13 March 2005 19:11

Punk....

hey, i remember that movie! that part was fuggin freaky! Shocked
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Sun, 13 March 2005 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
skellator wrote on Sun, 13 March 2005 20:28

Punk....

Thats the dude from CSI, Goran or some shit, but yeah that movie was good.

I read int he paper today that there was a guy in the greenday moshpit wearing a Delta Goodrem "innocent eyes" T-shirt, getting everyone to high five for Jesus, that woulda cracked me up lol.

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Sun, 13 March 2005 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i didn't say it sounds like it but the lyrics are pretty much a copy just rephrased
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Mon, 14 March 2005 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dust wrote on Mon, 14 March 2005 02:11

skellator wrote on Sun, 13 March 2005 20:28

Punk....

Thats the dude from CSI, Goran or some shit, but yeah that movie was good.

Uhm, no. Its private piles from Full Metal Jacket.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Mon, 14 March 2005 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's too fat to be Goran and he's off law and order not csi
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Mon, 14 March 2005 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.wallpaper-area.de/wallpaper/11/46/Full_Metal_Jacket_001.jpg
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Thu, 17 March 2005 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NOFX's Franco Un-American was aimed at Geroge W Bush. why do people say that American idiot was aimed at Bush?? Green Day's American Idiot was saying basically saying that not all Americans are war mad idiots who support a war. I mean come one. where in American Idiot does it even suggest " Thats no way to go Franco Un-American"?

The Best NOFX song about paying out on Bush is the idiot son of an asshole! Anyone would think Fat Mike hated Bush or something Rolling Eyes

Teeny boppers should be banned from concerts Mad they only go there too see what is popular at the time. like seriously I just hate that when a band plays an old song at a concert and the teeny boppers don't know any of there older songs. How many of them would of wen't too see Green Day back in 1993? A true fan will listen too there older stuff as well Smile

Sorry when it comes too music Punk is by far the best genre(oh and Ska) I love being able too talk about bands that tenny boppers have never even heard of Very Happy It's great!!

shoot
Regular

April 2004
Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Thu, 17 March 2005 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there old stuff is the good stuff Razz
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Thu, 17 March 2005 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shoot wrote on Thu, 17 March 2005 21:53

Yeah but there still good. I just wish the tenny boppers would listen too there older stuff as well as there newer stuff
shoot
Regular

April 2004
Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Thu, 17 March 2005 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mick wrote on Thu, 17 March 2005 21:59

shoot wrote on Thu, 17 March 2005 21:53

Yeah but there still good. I just wish the tenny boppers would listen too there older stuff as well as there newer stuff

hah you should read the write up the ages gave them about there melb gig i will find it and post it up

its a pissa
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Sat, 19 March 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ska blows.
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Sat, 19 March 2005 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mick wrote on Thu, 17 March 2005 11:15

Sorry when it comes too music Punk is by far the best genre(oh and Ska) I love being able too talk about bands that tenny boppers have never even heard of Very Happy It's great!!

You mean like kataklysm, iniquity, lamb of god, opeth...oh, your talking about punk. I don't get how 4 power chords and some lyrics about teenagers can be entertaining?
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Sun, 20 March 2005 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Punk can be about all different things. Unlike most of the other shit you here on the radio. Unforgiven, If you think punk is just about teenages you don't know what punk is.
Maybe you should listen too more punk bands before you comment Rolling Eyes

My suggestions

NOFX
Guttermouth
older Blink 182
Frenzal Rhomb
Lagwagon
Rancid
Social Distortion
Pennywise
Anti-Flag
Black-Flag
The Sex Pistols
The Clash
The Ramones
Decendents
Circle Jerks
Misfits
and yes well even put in Green Day and the Offspring even though they are quieter now then what they where.

There are many more I know of but not bothered typing

Does any one know anything about a band called Lunachicks? I heard a 30 second song of theres "Pretty Houses", off Short Music For Short People. I thought it was pretty cool
Very Happy
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Greeeen Daaay rocks Sun, 20 March 2005 06:05 Go to previous message
EVOSTi wrote on Sat, 19 March 2005 13:48

ska blows.

Laughing literally
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:H.Hussein got whooped