Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Camry GT info??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Camry GT info?? Mon, 07 March 2005 13:51 Go to next message
http://carocam.hp.infoseek.co.jp/sedan-gt/GT-camry .htm

was doing abit of googling on the net to find info on the Camry GT (1987-1992 models) and I found out some interesting things.

1)The 3S-GE was used in Japan Camry's and in some US Camrys

2) there really was a Camry GT??

3) I don't know what any of these characters or stuff mean on the link I posted so does anyone know any info on the Camry GT? Can't seem too find much info in english or if not does anyone know where I can get info about it

cheers Michael
  Send a private message to this user    
hijakdpolice
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: Camry GT info?? Tue, 08 March 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It basiclly says:

Sedan GT special edition (back hole/vista)
3rd generation back hole/2nd generation vista GT (SV21 type, 1986 August - 1990 June)
PICS...

4th generation back hole/3rd generation vista GT (SV32 type, 1990 July - 1992 May)
PICS...

These car used the 3SGE and some special editions came out with 3SGTE motors.

I believe they were only brought out in Japan.

The engine was a Gen1 3SGE..103kW.

It used the SV21 chassis, for engine mounting etc..with VZV21 exterior and interior styling.

Not very common.
Good find though.
shovelnose
Regular

June 2003
Re: Camry GT info?? Tue, 08 March 2005 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They also had a 4wd Camry (1987 body shape). Even the first generation Camry 5 door hatch was sold in Japan with the 3SGE.
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Camry GT info?? Tue, 08 March 2005 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah the awd version was released state sude as an all-trac camry, also a 2nd gen variant.
shovelnose
Regular

June 2003
Re: Camry GT info?? Tue, 08 March 2005 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The UK and (I think ) Europe got the 1987 shape Camry 4wd with the 3SFE motor. I beleive the first wide body Camry came out in Japan as a 4wd too.
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Camry GT info?? Tue, 08 March 2005 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
god what ugly cars.
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Camry GT info?? Tue, 08 March 2005 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the info everyone Smile
CamryMan
Regular

May 2002
Re: Camry GT info?? Wed, 09 March 2005 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I do have a print out of a SV21 2000 GT which looks like the VZV21 V6s on the outside, without those horrible looking side mirrors on the fenders.

From what I can tell from the picture of the brochure, it had a strut brace similar to those found on the AE92 Corolla. It used an early 101Kw 3SGE. Also had a digital dashboard but I must say I prefer my analogue dash.

Don't know much else about the SV range after the 21s although I had seen some in the flesh in NZ. The SV only went to 21s outside of Japan. The Camry badge was then used on other Toyotas like the Scepter and Gracia, what we refer to as Gen3 and Gen 4 wide bodied Camry. It's only the current version that the Camry badge has been united globally again.

As far as I know the 3SGE Camry never made it to the USA. I've spent a lot of time years ago on the Camry forum it no one ever brought it up. They had SV25 all tracs which was a 3SFE AWD, which is what the RAV 4 was based on.
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Camry GT info?? Wed, 09 March 2005 12:38 Go to previous message
I read it in a link somewhere, I'll have alooksie and I'll post it up (If I find it). I don't think it was anything from Toyota. probally just someone who brought a Camry in the US that had the conversion done. As you said about the Camry forum, I never heard of any 3S-GE Camry's realised over there either(before hand). where did you get the print out for the Camry SV21 2000 GT CamryMan? I wouldn't mind having a look at that
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MA 61 Suspension
Next Topic:RA23 colour
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 05:49:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00677490234375 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.