Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ART Racing
Occasional Poster

January 2005
WTB MA61 Supra Queensland Tue, 08 March 2005 02:48 Go to next message
Well, can't find a project car so now looking for a registered, roadworthy (or very close to it) Mk 2 Supra in QLD. Don't care about paint condition as long as the panels are good and preferably a manual. There is one in the Trading Post I am going to look at, but does anyone else have one for sale or know of one?

John
  Send a private message to this user    
people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: WTB MA61 Supra Queensland Tue, 08 March 2005 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
talk to thechuckster...im sure he will sell u his supra
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: WTB MA61 Supra Queensland Tue, 08 March 2005 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi john, you probably wont want to pay the money i'd like get for the ma61 - plus i gotta make it look a little more attractive before selling it Embarassed
Jamois
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: WTB MA61 Supra Queensland Tue, 08 March 2005 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Found this ad in the 'Just Car Parts' magazine of last month I think.

TOYOTA SUPRA MA61, most parts available including 4spd auto, standard an LS diffs, all front panels, flares, mags, sunroof, 2 cars wrecked. Will post Australia-wide at cost, PH 07 41204367, QLD

I think that is a Gympie/Maryborough number. Not too sure on that one though. HTH.

Darryl
Regular

October 2003
Re: WTB MA61 Supra Queensland Tue, 08 March 2005 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jamois wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 10:02

TOYOTA SUPRA MA61, most parts available including 4spd auto, standard an LS diffs, all front panels, flares, mags, sunroof, 2 cars wrecked. Will post Australia-wide at cost, PH 07 41204367, QLD

I think that is a Gympie/Maryborough number. Not too sure on that one though. HTH.

Thats at hervey bay.

Been to see it allready.

Not worth the trip.
Jamois
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: WTB MA61 Supra Queensland Tue, 08 March 2005 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Darryl wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 10:40

Jamois wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 10:02

Thats at hervey bay.

Been to see it allready.

Not worth the trip.

Ah I was actually thinking about getting some parts at one stage. Whats wrong with them? Pretty messed up or not much left?
Darryl
Regular

October 2003
Re: WTB MA61 Supra Queensland Tue, 08 March 2005 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hit very hard in the side.

Whats left aint flash. Nope
ART Racing
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: WTB MA61 Supra Queensland Wed, 09 March 2005 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There was one in the Trading Post a few weeks ago in Brisbane, a manual for $3,800 - did anyone have a look at it?

John
Darryl
Regular

October 2003
Re: WTB MA61 Supra Queensland Thu, 10 March 2005 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My daily driver will be for sale in a week or two.

MA61.
5ME
W58
LSD
Factory air redone to new gas.
Factory rims.
All factory internal
New tyres.

I have just finished cutting and plateing all the rust in the hatch which is now in primer.

Will paint tommorrow.

Small patch of rust at the bottom of the rear driver side flare.

Will be plateing that saturday.
ART Racing
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: WTB MA61 Supra Queensland Fri, 11 March 2005 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So how much are you looking at for that Darryl?

Regards,

JA
Darryl
Regular

October 2003
Re: WTB MA61 Supra Queensland Sat, 12 March 2005 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Around 3 to 3 and a half.

Depends how good it looks when i'm finished! Razz

What category are you thinking of entering?
ART Racing
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: WTB MA61 Supra Queensland Sat, 12 March 2005 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Darryl, car sounds interesting. I was figuring on having to spend around 3K for the car, and basically as long as the bits I eventually want for the race car are OK I don't care too much about the rest, except I will be using it as a road car for a few years while we sort the race car out so it has to last that long! Beats driving our second car (a 95 Magna) around for another two years!

Race car will be used for historic Group A racing - Group A became historic at the start of this year, hence my motivation to do it up, go out and chase BMW 635s, M3s, Sierras and Crummydores again. The other six built by TRD seem to have disappeared, although no doubt some Barry Sheene fan in England has one of his cars stashed somewhere, but we know that Win Percy destroyed one, Barry destroyed one, leaving his second race car, my car (which was Win Percy's spare), and the three rally cars (although no doubt some of them would have been destroyed too). Will also do some historic hillclimbs, Leeburn, Speed on Tweed etc.

Will be doing it up as it looked at Bathurst 86 - well, before the crash anyway! It was the first car Mark Skaife's drove in the big time (Sandown 1986, car was 10th outright) and it was to be his first Bathurst until Peter Williamson crashed it. Should bring back some bad memories for both of them!

Got any photos of your car as it is at the moment?

John

danielpenna
Newcomer

March 2005
Re: WTB MA61 Supra Queensland Sat, 12 March 2005 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apologies to ART for jumping in his thread, but Im also semi-interested in upgrading my daily driver datto to something with A/C and would love to see pics of your car as well Darryl.
Darryl
Regular

October 2003
Re: WTB MA61 Supra Queensland Sat, 12 March 2005 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ART Racing wrote on Sat, 12 March 2005 17:09

Got any photos of your car as it is at the moment?

John

You've got mail. Smile
danielpenna
Newcomer

March 2005
Re: WTB MA61 Supra Queensland Mon, 14 March 2005 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Darryl: Dont know if you got the PM, but would like to get some pictures of your car as well.
Darryl
Regular

October 2003
Re: WTB MA61 Supra Queensland Mon, 14 March 2005 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
danielpenna wrote on Mon, 14 March 2005 21:16

Darryl: Dont know if you got the PM, but would like to get some pictures of your car as well.

Now you have mail as well. Smile
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: WTB MA61 Supra Queensland Wed, 16 March 2005 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd love pics to darryl mate Very Happy
danielpenna
Newcomer

March 2005
Re: WTB MA61 Supra Queensland Fri, 18 March 2005 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Darryl: mate, just checked my multiple email addresses(back at work today) and havent got your photos yet. Sorry to sound like Im haressing you.

Daniel
yellow ma61
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: WTB MA61 Supra Queensland Sat, 26 March 2005 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aye how muhc money are u wanting to spend
cause i got a Mk2 supra at springwood witha new $3000 paint job
its yellow
everything original except for paint 5me motor
if u want it for project its not that great cause its already nearly perfect car with new paint
ART Racing
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: WTB MA61 Supra Queensland Sat, 26 March 2005 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Mate, it really depends on the car - when I was after a project car, I wanted to spend about 1-1.5k on the project car, now that I started looking for a road car I was looking at 3-3.5k. I didn't want one that was done up as it would be too much, as eventually I will be stripping the car to use it as parts for my race car. I could go up to 4 for a good, manual road car but that would be it. At the end of the day, ass I really need is a car I can wreck, but I was willing to buy a registered car to drive around for a while first as it is going to take me a while to fix the race car anyway.

If you are after much more than 4 (and I assume you are) then it is a bit much for me.

Happy Easter!

Regards,

John
celica_cam
Regular

January 2005
Re: WTB MA61 Supra Queensland Sat, 26 March 2005 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry its a bit off topic, do you guys know of any websites with any info and photos of mk2 supras in bathurst and other races?, what you where talking about earlier ART racing sounded interesting.
ART Racing
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: WTB MA61 Supra Queensland Sun, 27 March 2005 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There are a couple of photos of my car on this website if you search for them, a couple on autopics and a good one on oldracephotos. Also, there are some photos of it in the UK on Pauls great website, www.toyotacelicasupra-ma61.co.uk, although I find it hard to tell the Toyota GB cars apart so don't really know which car is which. Otherwise, none that I am aware of, althugh I am supposed to be writing a long article for Paul's website which is nearly finished.

I also wrote a bit of the history on the car which is somewhere on this website, but anyway a precis: I think there were originally seven Group A Supras built for Team Toyota Great Britain by Hughes of Beaconsfield, I believe around 4-5 for circuit racing and 2-3 for rallying. At least 3 were destroyed racing, so possibly a few of them are left. Mine is I think the second one built, the ex Win Percy car that was replaced in mid 1984 by his new car, raced at the Spa 24 hour race in Belgium in July 84, then came out here in time for the Castrol 500 at Sandown in 1984 where it was first in the Group A class with Peter Williamson and Charlie O'Brien, thus being the first ever winner of a Group A event in Australia. It won its class in that race again in 1985 (Peter W and Thomas Mezera) and 1986 (Peter W with Mark Skaife) but it never did well at Bathurst, involved in the start line accident in 84, retiring with computer problems in 1985, nearly destroyed in practice in 1986 and failing to qualify because of engine problems in 1987, after the class sizes had been moved from 3 litres down to 2.5 litres, putting in the outright class against the Sierras etc. Bathurst 86 was supposed to be Mark Skaife's first Bathurst, but the car was too badly damaged to repair in time for the race. It was the only Group A MA61 in Australia though so I assume it is the car you are talking about. So I have heaps of photos here, not that that helps you!

Regards,

John
ART Racing
yellow ma61
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: WTB MA61 Supra Queensland Fri, 08 April 2005 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aye man
hows it goin
im sellin my 1983 mk2 supra
it has 5me motor and has $3500 dollar paintjob
im sellin for about 8-9K its engine is fully reconditioned interior is imaculate.
all rust cut out
P.M me back
lataz
chrisma70
Regular

November 2004
Re: WTB MA61 Supra Queensland Sat, 09 April 2005 04:55 Go to previous message
hey saw ur ad for a supra if u are still interested i will sell u mine for 4500 let me know i have got pics thanx let me know pm for pics
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:FS: 83 Ford Laser *Newcastle*
Next Topic:FS: 1990 Toyota 4Runner V6 3.0L 4WD power options $7,500 ono
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:40:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010589122772217 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.