Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Hei installed, dwell question.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Maurice c
Regular

February 2004
Hei installed, dwell question. Wed, 09 March 2005 00:43 Go to next message
HI, Guys I've just installed the HEI kit in my RA40 and I was pretty suprised when it started up first go. Its running on points. It hasent made a lot of difference, bit better starting and a bit better response in the low revs. Before installing the kit I got a dwell reading of 51 degrees and after fitting the kit it read in the low twentys. Whats going to happen with seting the dwell duration from now on if its changed the dwell reading. Any ideas? Thansk guys, i've already had a look for this information and havent found anything besides the possibility of needing a new coil in the near future.
  Send a private message to this user    
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Hei installed, dwell question. Wed, 09 March 2005 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
better off geting the gutz of a 22r dizzy and the ignitor and stuffing it in the 18r dizzy
Maurice c
Regular

February 2004
Re: Hei installed, dwell question. Wed, 09 March 2005 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have to say that starting has improved a lot now that I've ran it for a few days and thought about it. Its a worthwile conversion. Pity it hasent made the car any lighter on gas.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Hei installed, dwell question. Wed, 09 March 2005 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the jaycar HEI has a fixed spark time, and dwell is everything else. make sure the coil is up to scratch (and not an orange Bosch type).
Maurice c
Regular

February 2004
Re: Hei installed, dwell question. Thu, 10 March 2005 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've just used it with the original toyota coil and ballast resistor. I have a spare one if it goes and then I might try a 22re coil with it instead. I'll try resetting the dwell time with the new spark duration.
Maurice c
Regular

February 2004
Re: Hei installed, dwell question. Sat, 12 March 2005 03:34 Go to previous message
I just rechecked the dwell and its giving a reading of 2.6 believe it or believe it not. The meter is new and hooked up correctly, i'll have to try it on another points set up to check it. If anybody has an explaination for this one dont be shy. The car runs perfectly but its possible that the HEI module has been constructed with an error somewhere. Any brigth ideas greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Will air con parts from a 4ac fit a 4a-fc?
Next Topic:Removing cam cover 4age
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 12:38:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054621696472168 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.