Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Sideways moments Mon, 28 February 2005 11:45 Go to next message
Ok I have just had the best fun eva!!! My missus car(73 Celica) has no doors,bonnet.boot or guards..and i just took it for a rally drive.. very sideways!!Oh yeh it was to see if the head was blown sooo you get what i mean by getting bulk sideways thrashing action..

tell us about your sideways moments!
  Send a private message to this user    
Aussie
Regular

June 2003
Re: Sideways moments Mon, 28 February 2005 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as often as i can afford to Laughing

other than the sil80... i loved giving my old daily driver a dirt thrash, it was fwd... but once u get the technique down (with no hbrake Razz ) its damn damn fun Smile i want another 1st gen celica to give that a good ole drift
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Sideways moments Mon, 28 February 2005 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i managed to get my ae82 4ac to slide around a corner without the handrake...it was a full slide too Very Happy

Was very surprised Laughing
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Sideways moments Mon, 28 February 2005 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill tell the story of my 1st sideways moment
back in the days of my 1g geu auto soarer in the rain.
(this was also back when i was a tool and felt like i needed to show off to chicks) coming down this long straight and into this major sweeper decided to put the foot down and it went sideways, Fine i thought.
Next thing i know ive spun and am facing the right in the other direction of traffic in the middle of the lane..
needless to say, i dont try shit like that any more
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Sideways moments Mon, 28 February 2005 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When boost hits in 2nd Very Happy
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Sideways moments Tue, 01 March 2005 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
everyday up my dirt road i get that celica so sideways anymore and i'd be going backwards.

I love it !
that was how a learnt to drive.
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Sideways moments Tue, 01 March 2005 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in the rain im ussually out having a thrash in the good ole RA23 these days.

last time i got it going in the supra i was following a mate of mine who has a 180SX with a worked RB25. merging onto a local canberra hiway i see the rear get all out of shape from the 180 so i thought id give it ago.

so i mash the go pedal before the corner and hook it hard, ending with the arse hanging way loose! with the foot still planted i threw in some correction and away we went on our merry way Very Happy

negative boost
Regular

October 2004
Re: Sideways moments Tue, 01 March 2005 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh my first sideways moment was in a 91 camry, just got my license and was a fool. Coming into a wide LH hair pin i threw on the handbrake out comes the rear end absoltuly perfect and i played with the throttle to keep in online. It was a total fluke and never managed to do it so perfect again in a FF car. Also spun on many occasions attempting the 'drift'
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Sideways moments Tue, 01 March 2005 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My first experiences with sideways motion was with my 8 seater Ford Spectron. "the Shimmy Bus"
Used to take it out in the rain for some fun. Very Happy
But one day it slide out at 100km/h on a country road in the dry. The rear wheels hit a bump and the light rear end slid out. It was crazy but fun.
Definatly were I learnt to slide cars.
mumblezzz
Regular

June 2003
Re: Sideways moments Tue, 01 March 2005 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm too scared to try it in my car. I dont want to lose control, and crash my car. Embarassed
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Sideways moments Tue, 01 March 2005 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mumblezzz wrote on Tue, 01 March 2005 21:15

I'm too scared to try it in my car. I dont want to lose control, and crash my car. Embarassed

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

yeah i dont like drifting either it really breaks stuff No No No No No No No No No No No No

On a more serious note, if you think the streets are fun, which they are i will be the first person to go for a slide, wait till you mofos try the track, imagine being able to hit corners 40km/h faster, without worrying about kids, parked cars or gutters! Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod

goddamn its fun!
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Sideways moments Tue, 01 March 2005 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont slide. i remain within the law 100%
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Sideways moments Tue, 01 March 2005 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-AE86 wrote on Tue, 01 March 2005 23:38

i dont slide. i remain within the law 100%

something smells like bullshit!

Nod Nod

NOLAN
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Sideways moments Tue, 01 March 2005 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh the old RT142 corona, what a momentus occasion it was when I first broke traction with her hanging on sideways. Then moved up to the JZA70, even entered in some drift days. And now that I have my 1J soarer... Well let's just say I couldn't wait for a track day...
SLY-T18
Regular

Banned User

February 2005
Re: Sideways moments Tue, 01 March 2005 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my last sideways experience was in GT3...
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Sideways moments Thu, 03 March 2005 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok I have some pretty shit footage but if someone want to host it its pretty funny to see the gutted celica getting around Very Happy
Garage_KooK
Regular

November 2004
Re: Sideways moments Thu, 03 March 2005 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my first sideways moment was prety scary. i had my grandma's pintara and i took the car in a new relestate where there was just dirt roads i thought since its FWD i would have to go a bit harder intoo the corner(i will never think that again)so any way i hit the corner at bout 70km and as the ass slid out it went up the gutter just missing a tree so ive swang it the other way and i could see the road through the passenger side window and a car was coming, i slam the brake and did a 180 i had shit in my pants Embarassed but i still love drifting Very Happy
DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Re: Sideways moments Thu, 03 March 2005 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
U should never drift pintara's........thats where u went wrong in the first place....... Rolling Eyes
hehe, all good........many drifts/spin outs/oval drift/fishy's....in the first 6 months of 86 ownership....no crashes (I try not to get the better of my skills) ahh the bliss of rwd.......gota love hanging ya tail out....... Twisted Evil
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Sideways moments Thu, 03 March 2005 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
First sideways moment was in my race kart on a long sweeper going 100km/h+ with cold tyres... very exciting, it was the first lap i'd ever done but I handled it allright...

Second time was in a Crown on a farm... probably a 1970 something... It was on a dirt track that we had made from continuos motor bike riding...
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Sideways moments Fri, 04 March 2005 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
First time, i was about 12-13 and i was driving a rodeo ute on a mates farm, driving on the drive way snapped second and gave it, hell fun, then we got in his mini monster trucks, god damn....that shit is off the hook fun, they didn't have much acceleration but on the dirt track 90 degree corners were all about sliding. ahh, good old days, geez i miss those.
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: Sideways moments Fri, 04 March 2005 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My first time was when, 5 days after i bought the sprinter, i when to the video store, coming back home the roads were wet. Being the first time ive driven a rwd and not knowing what lsd's where(thought they give more grip Laughing)i freakd out. Coming out of a roundabout at 40k's the rear went out and not knowing what to do, i just got off the gas and counter steered.
Since then i have continued to go through that round on wet days Very Happy
Flynnos
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: Sideways moments Fri, 04 March 2005 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first time was in my dads station wagon falcon...coming into sum s bends in the wet i noticed the back losing a little traction so when i entered the second corner i put a little more gas on to explore...the back kicked out and i found myself sliding for a while,looking at the gutter...shat my pants and deceided to never do it again....until the next rainy day
paulw85
Regular

February 2005
Re: Sideways moments Fri, 04 March 2005 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cressida, around a corenr during rain, 1 tyre hits a white line, it goes out and i keep acclerating and it almost spins out. i have spun out one time, but at least i know when that point is Embarassed
Curtis
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: Sideways moments Fri, 04 March 2005 17:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have stoped getting sideways as i was racing down a dirt road with some mates when i took a corner to fast a slide right in to a dirt bank. Lets just say i was lucky my insurence payed out.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Sideways moments Sun, 06 March 2005 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Last weekend up this desserted dirt track near my house i took my friend for a fang fang hooking it sideways around all the corners.
Keeping really close to he bank on one side and keeping the back wheels really close to the massive drop off on the other side.
It was like some pikes peaks shit.
SLY-T18
Regular

Banned User

February 2005
Re: Sideways moments Tue, 08 March 2005 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Had some fun a couple nights ago...

just building up my skills abit more...

38rwkw is hard to drift on bitumen but all you need to know is how to enter the corner and you will be fine...

enter in 3rd at 100 then rip handbrake preentry dump 2nd and power on...

soo much fun

Cheers, SLY-D18
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Sideways moments Tue, 08 March 2005 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=mz21_shiznac wrote on Wed, 02 March 2005 00:31]Ahh the old RT142 corona, what a momentus occasion it was when I first broke traction with her hanging on sideways.quote]
So easy to get the rona sideways, i have had some scary moments in the wet, not even doing anything it has ended up at obscene angle when correcting to come out straight of the roundabout i'm talking 60 degrees.
Very fun car to drive keeps you on your toes and you have to respect it.
Very easy to chuck round in the dry but once its wet you need a little more finesse otherwise you'll just over cook it
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Sideways moments Tue, 08 March 2005 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My first sideways that I remember was in my TA23 celica. Coming out of a roundabout in the wet and overcooked it. "Corrected" and flicked it back the other way before correcting it again and back straight. Was pretty hairy.

Now with a LSD and linear power delivery (no boost snap) its almost surgical - I can put the back out to whatever degree I want (within reason) and adjust it via the throttle.

On the way to basketball a few weeks ago I was behind a mate and in front of him was a Learner. On a sharp right-hander the Learner went around slow, my mate went around slow and pretty close to him, I went around about 2m off my mates bumper and put the back out. The L plater heard and saw me 2 cars behind and decided to pull over to get out his inhaler. I don't scare L platers as a rule, but thats one of my favourite corners - right hander, lots of visibility, no schools/etc. nearby.
Farkurnell
Regular

February 2005

Re: Sideways moments Tue, 08 March 2005 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
monkeymajik wrote on Tue, 01 March 2005 00:10

I've had my car now for about 5 weeks give or take. I've given it a couple of squirts, blown off the odd commodore and such, nothing too serious, it was always quite easy really. That is until today. Two young blokes in a commy, I give it to it off the lights and held it, slammed it into second on boost and fuck me dead..........the bastard went sideways, I was able to straighten up hit third and got a heap of wheel spin. It left the commy for dead and the faces on the 2 young blokes was priceless.
It was a great feeling. Needless to say I had to change me undies when I got home. That second gear ride was really awsome. Very Happy

Cheers, Greg
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Sideways moments Tue, 08 March 2005 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Farkurnell wrote on Tue, 08 March 2005 20:58

monkeymajik wrote on Tue, 01 March 2005 00:10

I've had my car now for about 5 weeks give or take. I've given it a couple of squirts, blown off the odd commodore and such, nothing too serious, it was always quite easy really. That is until today. Two young blokes in a commy, I give it to it off the lights and held it, slammed it into second on boost and fuck me dead..........the bastard went sideways, I was able to straighten up hit third and got a heap of wheel spin. It left the commy for dead and the faces on the 2 young blokes was priceless.
It was a great feeling. Needless to say I had to change me undies when I got home. That second gear ride was really awsome. Very Happy

Cheers, Greg

well done mate Very Happy I really wanna see this machine on one of the cruises Evil or Very Mad

[Updated on: Tue, 08 March 2005 12:00]

YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sideways moments Tue, 08 March 2005 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had a green machine when I was a kid, I used to punish that thing best for 180's though.

I used to do that and teh polize didn't say shit.

Corolla is grandmas car and almost got sideways once at WSID, but I caught it just in time Shocked
Redwarf
Regular

February 2005
Re: Sideways moments Tue, 08 March 2005 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is the best one I have on film; Rally of Queensland last year, pic courtesy of Winton Photographics.

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=13068

[Updated on: Tue, 08 March 2005 12:48]

finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Sideways moments Tue, 08 March 2005 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dads old explorer, my ta22 and now the corolla, all sideways to different extents.

by far the best fun was in the 22 in the wet, so predictable and controllabe. every time it rains i wish that i still had it hahhaha
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Sideways moments Wed, 09 March 2005 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Once I looked at my MX62 cressida sideways...

Does that count? Laughing
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Sideways moments Wed, 09 March 2005 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YelloRolla wrote on Tue, 08 March 2005 23:39

I had a green machine when I was a kid, I used to punish that thing best for 180's though.

Green machines were awesome!!! My friends had one and they lived on a hill, at the end of the hill was the hawkesbury river so you had to time your last spin.

I think they still make them, and I think they're still called "green machine"s. Don't know if I'd fit in one anymore (nor you for that matter)

Edit: wrong river.

[Updated on: Wed, 09 March 2005 08:34]

79Rona
Regular

February 2005
Re: Sideways moments Wed, 09 March 2005 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first sideways in a TX gemini, i have a long gravel driveway, with a gravel turning circle thingy, i got it sideways around most of the circle,

then i tried it in my rona wagon the other week, came out of the circle sideways, missed a tree stump (mind you been living here 6 months and never have i seen the tree stump there before)...missed it by about a meter..

YGT04A
Regular

November 2004
Re: Sideways moments Wed, 09 March 2005 11:00 Go to previous message
I’ve had plenty of fun in my olds van and my old 89 nova.

But the two most recent and probably most scary have been in my group A.

The first one was in the wet about 2 weeks after getting it coming around a right hand corner from a set of traffic lights gave it about 4g in 1st pulled 2nd hit boost the car snapped sideways and drove it like that for a good few meters (mate recons like 50 I think he's dreaming).

The second one was straight lining a large double lane round about came in a bit hot as I had to overtake learner (I fell bad about it as it was a girl and I 2 mates cut her off first and then three come up behind her sideways as well) at the entrance to the round about with out thinking lifted off the accelerator car kicks into a slide I reapply throttle slide the full round about and the straiten up sweet as Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Best places to get re-sprays in SA-Adelaide
Next Topic:New IS unveiled at Geneva
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:32:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.007084846496582 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.