Toymods » Members Rides » Camry SV21

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Rabsy86
Regular

October 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Thu, 13 January 2005 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camrys a nice familys cars.. But to do up NO WAY... people will laugh at you... And a 3sge is a better performace engine den a 3sfe...
  Send a private message to this user    
CS-X
Regular

January 2005
Re: Camry SV21 Thu, 13 January 2005 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ShiRi i respect your opinion and understand that. but thats what pushed me to put slight mods on the car. i am by no means treating it like a sports car. but you say

"it was NOT realised as a sports car and as such, should NOT be treated as one."

>most cars that are done up are not sports cars.

i just wanted to see what i can get out of the car, and do something original, unlike a VL or say Lancer. and to me thats more rewarding. if i wanted a sports car i would of got one. but i wanted something with space, reliable and good on fuel. i go away alot and the boot in the camry is very large considering the size of the car. and i can see why people think its a waste of time, but as i said i wanted something original, and i am very happy with what i have. although i am already planning to get a 4x4 Hilux, but thats another story.

Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Thu, 13 January 2005 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UGgghh - i cant resist

'you saying camry is crap'

God damit now im just plain annoyed. Did i say the camery was crap ? Did i say what u said was not true about the camery? THEY ARE A GOOD FAMILY CAR -> YES THATS WHY THEY WON ! -> BUT DAMIT NOT EVERY CAMERY IS AN SV21 ??-> Now, did i say anything insulting in that? Gah my first post was a *fully sic* comment - light hearted, happy that you have found a car you like..

MY Next comment was not negitive about you or your camery - it was a mear general statment letting you know what i knew about on the subject. Like it or not - care level is beond Nill.

After that i hung low for a while, and started to read the crap from then on. I posted a who cars pic which was just a joke with a stupid picture -> taken the wrong way... how can you possible get insulted from a forum picture payout ? Jezz...

Ahh i cant be stufed going on, now, seeing as you like to make up crap / pull words out / miss under stand things = not reading them properly -> i made a picture up esp for you. Ah dont thank me, its the least i can do. After all, its only a forum picture.

http://www.rollaclub.com/gallery/public_upload/brick.JPG

Can we leave it at that now please ? Im not paying out you or any other god dam toyota camery around... jesus. How about you get some photos up of your car? seriously ? - would be good.
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Camry SV21 Thu, 13 January 2005 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm Camry wasn't designed as a sports car, thats not the reason CVX bought one, for what they are camrys are a great runabout and have a fair few mod options for them... 3sfe are a very engine in terms of reliabilty and yeah the 3sge gen 1s have a bottom end which is essentially a camry bottom end and it performs beautifully.....

FWD VS RWD shouldn't be such a debate, on the roads these days you can get a fwd to handle quite decently for on the day to day roads, rwd comes in very well for drags and circuit but honestly i don't know how fast people would be goin on the public roads to make these 2 a deciding factor for a car unless ppl are into dorifto, so i say let the guy get some opinions of HIS car not his choice of car because it might be a "CAMRY" or a "FWD", especially the fact that he is new to the forum...

Quote:

lol, just wait untill you go for a ride in a real car. You'll look back at your camry and hate it.

Words like above were hardly motivating for the first few lines to someone who is "CAMRY Mad" and just wanted some opinions on his car...

Quote:

but apart from the featureless under-designed exteriour, mass-produced general grey cheap plastic interiour and watered down 3S motor

but you get that in a family/granparents transporter vehicle.

Personally the words here have been pretty much baggin the shit out of the camrys instead of givin the guy a bit of support for takin to Toyota's personally and actually enjoyin driving and modifying his car...

All i say is cut the guy some slack..
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Camry SV21 Thu, 13 January 2005 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh yeah and Teddy CSX u spelt Camry wrong!!!!

ITS CAMRY not Camery, sounds like Camera
hahaha
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Just remembering everyone that we have had 2 pages of rants so far which SHOULD be a members car Post not a "comment on my Choice of car" post!!!!

By the way CSX, Nice car i'm sure its a nice example, what sort of muffler have u got???

Either way well done on gettin into the forums...
MOST of the ppl are quite easy goin to new comers Shocked Shocked Shocked
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Camry SV21 Thu, 13 January 2005 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rabsy86 wrote on Thu, 13 January 2005 17:00

Camrys a nice familys cars.. But to do up NO WAY... people will laugh at you... And a 3sge is a better performace engine den a 3sfe...

Dude ppl probably laugh at us for doing up a fwd Hair dressers car but honestly we don't give a rats arse what people think.. People who buy cars so that people won't laugh end up just driving 200sx or silvias just to look cool, words like "but to do up NO WAY" is a bit harsh, theres nothing wrong with them, they got lots of options...
Rabsy what would u recommend he does then? Buy a skyline so that no one will laugh? the people that laugh will usually have no clue about anythin related to cars and should mind their own business!!!!
Everyones been saying how he shouldn't do up a camry, Let him be...
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Thu, 13 January 2005 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CS-X wrote on Thu, 13 January 2005 17:02

ShiRi i respect your opinion and understand that. but thats what pushed me to put slight mods on the car. i am by no means treating it like a sports car. but you say

"it was NOT realised as a sports car and as such, should NOT be treated as one."

>most cars that are done up are not sports cars.

i just wanted to see what i can get out of the car, and do something original, unlike a VL or say Lancer. and to me thats more rewarding. if i wanted a sports car i would of got one. but i wanted something with space, reliable and good on fuel. i go away alot and the boot in the camry is very large considering the size of the car. and i can see why people think its a waste of time, but as i said i wanted something original, and i am very happy with what i have. although i am already planning to get a 4x4 Hilux, but thats another story.

most cars that are done up are realised as sports cars in a way. When a car company realises a 'sports' car its a fine line between sports and crap... Fine you can sa y that you average lancer is a piece of shit... granted it is... but whether u like it or not, mitsubishi realised the evo... which uses the lancer platform and is such a sports car. The civic? You have you're type R and VTI-R which were both advertised as sports cars. You can mod a CXI with a B16A and still have AS good as
'sports' car as the VTi-R> it's a same for the lancer BUT! There is no market for a sports version of the camry, you can argue that the sportivo is, but no... you're wrong, the new corolla's aren't sports cars either even with a sportivo package... echo's aren't either... Sorry to upset all you owners of these cars but these cars will never, ever, EVER be seen as sports cars off the production line.

So why is it ppl with KE70's reckon they have a sort of sports car? The KE70's first realise was that of a sports car for the average man... its the same as the 260z... allthough the 260z was a pure sports car, the ke70 had a level of practicality for city/daily driving. If you look at old KE70/1 adds you will see that there is a fun, fast, sports feel to the ads. It's the same with the AE86 and TE70's. The camry has no such ads... i'm sure u've seen that add with the sportivo camry rolling around the mountains at what seems like a decent pace... This is nothing more than a vain attempt to appeal to joe public who thinks harder springs and 10kw make a massive difference in sports performance, Mr Joe Public who wants a Porsche Boxter but will never afford one. Have you ever seen one of those cars in the mountains? you have no chance of keeping up with any other sports car off the produciton line. Even the new celica's (as crap as they are) would destroy you! Why? Their chassis was made for it... their suspension was made for 'sports' and so was everything else in the car. Camry was not... and never will be.

This again isn't an attack on you im saying htis to everyone... I respect your decision to mod your car.. it's good to see that car modding is extending its reach to cars such as the camry... it'll be a fantastic day when i see camry's that have been lowere, fitted wiht FMIC's and have 19" volks on them... i would love to see it... but the owner should be under no illusion that the car they drive is a sports car... it's still a camry...

[Updated on: Thu, 13 January 2005 06:46]

hijakdpolice
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: Camry SV21 Thu, 13 January 2005 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ShiRi wrote on Thu, 13 January 2005 17:43

BUT! There is no market for a sports version of the camry, you can argue that the sportivo is, but no... you're wrong, the new corolla's and sports cars either even with a sportivo package... echo's aren't either... Sorry to upset all you owners of these cars but these cars will never, ever, EVER be seen as sports cars off the production line.

Your wrong.
Toyota made limited quantity of SV21 Camry GT's..which came with a 3SGE.

ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Thu, 13 January 2005 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hijakdpolice wrote on Thu, 13 January 2005 17:46

BUT! There is no market for a sports version of the camry, you can argue that the sportivo is, but no... you're wrong, the new corolla's and sports cars either even with a sportivo package... echo's aren't either... Sorry to upset all you owners of these cars but these cars will never, ever, EVER be seen as sports cars off the production line.

Your wrong.

a limited edition camry does not change anything

it's like building 50 500kw magna's and saying the magna is a sports car
CS-X
Regular

January 2005
Re: Camry SV21 Thu, 13 January 2005 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on that note, just thought this would be funny, kinda fits into the post http://www.geocities.com/sandmaquarium/04_sportivo.JPG
saw it last year in NSW

[Updated on: Thu, 13 January 2005 06:52]

hijakdpolice
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: Camry SV21 Thu, 13 January 2005 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ShiRi wrote on Thu, 13 January 2005 17:47

hijakdpolice wrote on Thu, 13 January 2005 17:46

Your wrong.

a limited edition camry does not change anything

it's like building 50 500kw magna's and saying the magna is a sports car

Excuse me mate..but i didnt say it was a sports car.
You said there was NO sport version of the Camry..and I said NO..there was. It was designed as a hipo sports package.

[Updated on: Thu, 13 January 2005 06:55]

ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Thu, 13 January 2005 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
until toyota make it standard that the camry is fitted with a 3SGTE and has some crazy suspension work... my statement stands...

this is just my opinion... i wanted to say it cause i hate camry drivers more than any other on the road

GET OUT OF THE FAST LANE U MORONS!!!

that's all from me Smile gl with ur car CS-X i literally can't wait to see it completed

edit - i said there was no market for a sports version camry... how many joe publics know of this hardcore tuned realised camry?

[Updated on: Thu, 13 January 2005 06:53]

CS-X
Regular

January 2005
Re: Camry SV21 Thu, 13 January 2005 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ShiRi wrote on Thu, 13 January 2005 17:52

this is just my opinion... i wanted to say it cause i hate camry drivers more than any other on the road

GET OUT OF THE FAST LANE U MORONS!!!

why is that? whats so bad about them. what do u drive?
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Thu, 13 January 2005 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol camry's have a sixth sense to seek me out on the road and manage to piss me off more than any other car!

it's just the way it is lol
CS-X
Regular

January 2005
Re: Camry SV21 Thu, 13 January 2005 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats a nice valid reason.

how do you show sarcasm with text?
Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Thu, 13 January 2005 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Quote:

but apart from the featureless under-designed exteriour, mass-produced general grey cheap plastic interiour and watered down 3S motor

but you get that in a family/granparents transporter vehicle.

Personally the words here have been pretty much baggin the shit out of the camrys instead of givin the guy a bit of support for takin to Toyota's personally and actually enjoyin driving and modifying his car...

All i say is cut the guy some slack..

If i wanted to bag them -> i would of worded it like this

"but apart from the shitty outside which looks worse than a cows ass, Interiour which was deigned and put together by mutant apes and the absolute excuse grandpa version of the 3S which has got about as much pucnh on command as a dead cat..."

But seriouly, i didnt word what i origonally said too well, but the point i was getting across is that its a cheap family sedan where the look good bits and luxuires are not too apparent. Sure the top of the line had some extras, but at the end of the day -> its not a BMW.

Pics look good - maroony red actually looks quite nice on it Smile
CS-X
Regular

January 2005
Re: Camry SV21 Thu, 13 January 2005 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have to disagree on the cheap family car remark. when they were released they cost from 23-25,000+ now going back about 15 years thats alot of money. considering the price of houses and average wage. etc. im not saying they are a luxury car im not tht stupid. but they do have a few features that other cars in that day or even now dont have. they still are not a cheap car, ive seen them for sale for up2 8,000. les face it no toyota is cheap.
Rabsy86
Regular

October 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Thu, 13 January 2005 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CS-X wrote on Thu, 13 January 2005 23:13

i have to disagree on the cheap family car remark. when they were released they cost from 23-25,000+ now going back about 15 years thats alot of money. considering the price of houses and average wage. etc. im not saying they are a luxury car im not tht stupid. but they do have a few features that other cars in that day or even now dont have. they still are not a cheap car, ive seen them for sale for up2 8,000. les face it no toyota is cheap.

My mate just sold his one for 1500 hundred with 6 months rego lol Razz
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Camry SV21 Thu, 13 January 2005 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As mentioned this is not an ATTACKIN RANT....
This would belong in the "What do u think of Camry's" General Car talk and NOT CSX's Members ride section so I suggest we leave peoples opinions in their mind not in someones members ride section as this is forum is all about opinions but not in someones members ride section...

CSX i recommend posting up just the specs of ur car and a few pics and start up a new post...
Just mention that ur after "Some USEFUL opinions"...

So guys lets give him a break,
lowrlux
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Fri, 14 January 2005 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whilst the comment "for every car sold someone has bought it" seems to be self evident, one must also consider that a lot of these cars are purchased by fleets and govt's and then handed to poor sales executives in an effort to save money.

So not every car is necessary bought by someone, sometimes a tightarse company buys lots.

As good as Toyota is, the marketing dept. should be shot for trying to convince us that the Camry 'Sportivo' is some kind of sports car. Especially with massive 15 inch alloys Shocked .

FWD = economy mass production not performance, otherwise you would probably see the major marques release FWD supercars!
hijakdpolice
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: Camry SV21 Fri, 14 January 2005 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is an increadibly opinionated forum and should be shut down for such activity.
Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Fri, 14 January 2005 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
umm... you tell me a forum thats got no oppinions ?

what you said wasnt an oppinion now was it ? either is this Confused

TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Camry SV21 Fri, 14 January 2005 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes forums are for opinions, but opinions of HIS car not what everyone thinks toyota did wrong.. And honestly who cares FWD or Rwd, he didn't ask if people thought fwd was bad or good, or whether ppl have a personal hate for camrys

We already lost one good member on toymods due to this Camry attack so lets not let it happen again. there is always an outcry because of something thats driven at the front wheels, i find fwd great, i like how my celica handles and enjoy it, so let this guy in his camry and respect the fact that he came here to ask for UR opinion, he ASKED u for it, as yet only one person have given it and that has been me... When ppl say they want opinions it doesn't mean they want someone to tell them their car is shithouse because honestly no one cares about such comments and are in no way supportive or in any way useful..
I know opinions are personal but if ppl are gonna personally attack people just for the sake of which wheels are driven, or whether the cars had been driven for fleet is hardly a comment to attack, The new corollas are used for such things so why should it be put down...

And why should it be some 500kw beast to become a sports car, who defines a sports car? Somethin that is raced with some sort of link to sports?
That would make the gt4s sports cars because they were used in Rally?
FWD is cheap to build hence why ppl are building them.. My celica would be worth about $2000-3000 more if these were RWD, they would have an awesome race engine for the track and excellent handling, but toyota created something out of a FWD that won the SPORTS car of the year award in 1988. Were talking about a FWD here that came up against rwds, and there was also the Supra in the line for the award..

So respect peoples choice for buying a car, don't personally attack people because they have a FWD or RWD because it doesn't help anyone...
Its supposed to be a community on here, if everyones gonna be selective then just call it RWD TOYMODS..

If we look on the main toymods web site it mentions

"ToyMods provides a friendly environment for Toyota owners and enthusiasts in which they can learn how to modify their car and improve their automotive skills."

So Far its been hardly a Friendly environment for a TOYOTA OWNER and ENTHUSIAST.

So as mentioned give the guy a break......
4AGE
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Camry SV21 Fri, 14 January 2005 17:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I vouch for the camry.
Be more than welcome to drag/race/whatever it.
I still stick to my word. It is stock too. Guys that came down from sydney for the ae86 meet dec 17 might too.

In any scenario. They do have potiential weather it sounds like i am spitting shit or not. The truth remains. Anyone wants to contest this on this thread. My only response. Try to keep up with it around some corners. I shit u not.....

mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Sun, 16 January 2005 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Super Jamie wrote on Wed, 12 January 2005 23:44

mick wrote on Wed, 12 January 2005 20:09

the 3S-FE is a proven little motor. and by no means are watered down.

someone needs to learn their toyota engine designations

-F is narrow valve stem angle head, compared to -G which is wide angle. wide angle flows good, and is made for performance. narrow angle flows bad, and is made for economy. hence, a 3S-FE is the watered down version of a 3S-GE, and you are wrong

3S-FE was in the Celicas first before the 3S-GE Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Sun, 16 January 2005 11:23]

mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Sun, 16 January 2005 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Super Jamie wrote on Wed, 12 January 2005 23:58

http://homepage.mac.com/limefrog/tricycle.gif

that must mean worse for the rwd Corolla as fwd will get power better to the ground then rwd in the unless you have more then 250hp at wheels I some how doubt you car or his would have that Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Sun, 16 January 2005 11:27]

Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Camry SV21 Sun, 16 January 2005 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can some of you guys grow up?

If you don't have anything good to say, then don't say it. It's simple etiquette.

Some of the stuff in this thread disgusts me. Toymods should be a friendly place, not a little sandpit for some brats.

Grow up or you will be banned. We don't want this sort of behaviour on the forums.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon8.gif  Re: Camry SV21 Mon, 17 January 2005 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Teddy CSX and Super Jamie,

Pack your bags and FUCK OFF !

You will find your users names banned and we would appreciate it if you went and played in someone else's sandbox. This site welcome's owners of ALL Toyota's. Hell one of the clubs founding members is SV21 camry mad. We will not tollerate people attacking other forum users becasue of there choice of car. Like ytou two have anything to rave about anyway.

Goodbye, Good ridance and dont come back you are a disgrace !

Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Camry SV21 Mon, 17 January 2005 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shiri your arguument really is flawed. You're telling this young enthusiast he is wasting his time modifying anything that wasn't "realised" as a sports car by the manufacturer.

Dude you have a sprinter, it's just a two door corrola. There's not a whole hell of a lot sporty about that.

The car you are modifying ccame with a single cam carby fed 1.6 with drums up the back and some of the worst suspension known to man. The car CS-X chooses to modify car with a fuel injected 2.0 multicam engine that makes significantly more power than a 4AC. Sure the Sprinter came with a 4A-GE 4 wheel disks and decent suspension in Japan, but you've already said this isn't a valid argument because Camry GT's don't count until Toyota make all Camry's with 3S-GTE's.

I think a lot of people need to step back a take a long hard look at where their "logic" comes from and maybe apply the same stupid rules they are applying to other peoples decisions to themselves.
4AGE
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Camry SV21 Mon, 17 January 2005 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

1) Sprinters are by far not a good car either. I own one. I drive it. If people researched tested and made parts for a popular car. I bet if the camry was more frequently put on the "modded scene" For starters it will not be laughed at and have off the shelf upgrades.

2) I think u missed banning a few other ppl. Fair few contributers. Not pointing fingers. But there is no need to be negative in such a way. Good job anyway. Cool
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Mon, 17 January 2005 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joshstix wrote on Mon, 17 January 2005 11:47

Shiri your arguument really is flawed. You're telling this young enthusiast he is wasting his time modifying anything that wasn't "realised" as a sports car by the manufacturer.

Dude you have a sprinter, it's just a two door corrola. There's not a whole hell of a lot sporty about that.

The car you are modifying ccame with a single cam carby fed 1.6 with drums up the back and some of the worst suspension known to man. The car CS-X chooses to modify car with a fuel injected 2.0 multicam engine that makes significantly more power than a 4AC. Sure the Sprinter came with a 4A-GE 4 wheel disks and decent suspension in Japan, but you've already said this isn't a valid argument because Camry GT's don't count until Toyota make all Camry's with 3S-GTE's.

I think a lot of people need to step back a take a long hard look at where their "logic" comes from and maybe apply the same stupid rules they are applying to other peoples decisions to themselves.

DAmn!! i was about to say the same thing and u beat me to it Mad

now its time to come up with an anime with an sv21 beating all other cars!!!

sprinters are not sports cars. if it is, takumi wouldnt be using it Rolling Eyes

and for goodness sake ppl, pls dont take my words seriously.
hijakdpolice
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: Camry SV21 Mon, 17 January 2005 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gee...look at the people suck up each others ass now!
4AGE
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Camry SV21 Tue, 18 January 2005 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hijakdpolice wrote on Tue, 18 January 2005 09:51

Gee...look at the people suck up each others ass now!

Hey. there is a thin fine line between sucking ass. N talking the truth.
drft spec - st167
Regular

November 2003
Re: Camry SV21 Thu, 20 January 2005 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
has ne one really dumped a sv21 camry and got nice rims? i want my gf to do it to her car. then put a 3sgte in it.

hijakdpolice
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: Camry SV21 Thu, 20 January 2005 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Talk to someone called JetspeedCamry..apparently he has done alot of mods to his Camry..like rims and stuff.
KINGCAMRY
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: Camry SV21 Thu, 27 January 2005 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oi shiri what do you drive because the camry on import is a lexus!!!!! which does have a sports model

and is camry dosent have a sports model the n tell that to team jetspeed because they have a gtp camry that is twined and rus 12.4 on the quart Shocked fancy that

csx bro good job you want exterior mods we should talk
THE KING
KINGCAMRY
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: Camry SV21 Thu, 27 January 2005 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know a fella that has a sv21 camry manual that is running 10pound and has a set of 19" advanti's and is sitting nicely 3.5 mil offthe black top

Cool its the bomb and is stocko blue

it looks mean
THE KING
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Fri, 28 January 2005 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KINGCAMRY wrote on Thu, 27 January 2005 21:15

i know a fella that has a sv21 camry manual that is running 10pound and has a set of 19" advanti's and is sitting nicely 3.5 mil offthe black top

Cool its the bomb and is stocko blue

it looks mean
THE KING

KINGCAMRY does that one have a monster tacho on the Dash? I think I may have seen that one down in Coolangatta near the beach there along Marine PDE about a year ago. Fuck that thing looked sweet.
CS-X
Regular

January 2005
Re: Camry SV21 Fri, 28 January 2005 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for all the support in the end guys. i love my car and i dont want to get rid of it. but after going 4x4'ing over the weekend in a old landcruiser. im gonna hold all mods to the camry and start putting my money towards a new model 2005 hilux 4x4 thats due for release soon. i think ill cry when its time to give up the camry, but thats ages away so i got plenty of time to enjoy it. and cause my best mate is very keen on doing up his SV21 ill always have his around to keep me happy, lol.

[Updated on: Fri, 28 January 2005 22:42]

mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Sat, 29 January 2005 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah,It's a hard feeling that, getting rid of a good car,I nearly cryed when I sold my WB Holden ute. I never wanna sell my Camry. I have plans too mod mine as well. I'm trying to save up for a house deposit first. then buy a cheap ute from some where. then I'll be able to mod the SV21 and have another car while ones off the road. don't listen too people who say you can't mod a Camry (like I have been told) as I have seen what a modified one can do.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Camry SV21 Mon, 07 March 2005 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cant beleive i didnt see this, anyway welcome to the camry community lol, i was like you, had it as a daily driver going from A-B then things spiraled out of control when i started to earn money, i bought a ST162 celica for a project car and sold it because i prefer the camry theres just something about it Very Happy , if you want to get your camry to handle get a strut bar, new sports springs and suspension and new bushes if the car has over 150k's.

Mine is going on 380,000 ks i changed the motor 2 months ago. I can remember the day it rolled out of toyota with the new car smell Very Happy , it has a sentimental value, i dread the day i sell it, i have a few people wanting to buy it and i say look im not selling, their like keep me inmind when you think os selling lol....anyway keep up the good work and keep us posted.

Checkout my car at:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/smt_007

Smt.
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Camry SV21 Mon, 07 March 2005 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As long as you don't call lights and other silly 'rice' things modifications, then you are as cool as the polar ice caps imho.

Hopefully the camry will be considered a gateway to some of the more performance orientated toyotas, but for now, enjoy and tinker Very Happy
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Camry SV21 Mon, 07 March 2005 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
camrys are probly the better out of its class like the magna or telstar tx5 or 626, etc..

a few months back i saw with my own very eyes a white camry wagon humiliating a r33 skyline... alot of wogs going off about the soccer Rolling Eyes

edit: spelling
and look up "humiliating" on google images... errrr Razz

[Updated on: Mon, 07 March 2005 14:10]

smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Camry SV21 Tue, 08 March 2005 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hear theres a few 3sgte camry wagons on WA and Adelaide, also i heard of one in melbourne could be the white one you talk about, id put the 3sgte in a sedan rather than wagon Rolling Eyes.
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Tue, 08 March 2005 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Same ere .thats just me but I'm a bigger fan of the sedans having 3S-GTE's then the wagons each too there own,
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Tue, 08 March 2005 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rthy wrote on Tue, 08 March 2005 01:08

a few months back i saw with my own very eyes a white camry wagon humiliating a r33 skyline... alot of wogs going off about the soccer Rolling Eyes

Laughing Laughing must of been pretty pissed off about the game and decided to speed home or something!! Laughing
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Camry SV21 Wed, 09 March 2005 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Talking about yourself in the third person is really really lame...
hijakdpolice wrote on Thu, 20 January 2005 22:55

Talk to someone called JetspeedCamry..apparently he has done alot of mods to his Camry..like rims and stuff.

I put it to you that JETSPEEDCAMRY and hijakdpolice are one and the same. I appologise if I am incorrect but there are too many similarities with the two of you.

Is this a pic of your car?
http://forums.toymods.org.au/images/custom_avatars/8851
It looks a lot like JETSPEEDCAMRY's, in fact... a couple of us are pretty sure it's JETSPEED's.

Post up a couple of pics of your car. Smile

This is what you should have written...

Talk to someone called JetspeedCamry..apparently he has put a boost guage in his N/A camry, manual boot on the auto gearstick, neons and huge alloy wing.

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Wed, 09 March 2005 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its a consipracy Laughing
hijakdpolice
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: Camry SV21 Wed, 09 March 2005 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry?? Not sure what your talking about. Thats a pic i found on the net. Looked cool.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Camry SV21 Wed, 09 March 2005 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
k... where did you get the pic from? I was trying to find a pic of JETSPEEDCAMRY's car to verify my claim but couldn't find one.

Chuck up a pic of your car. Smile

Edit: I just found a pile of JETSPEEDCAMRY's photos... This is part of one of them... http://img179.exs.cx/img179/452/youaresojetspeedwanker0vx.jpg

[Updated on: Wed, 09 March 2005 08:42]

hijakdpolice
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: Camry SV21 Wed, 09 March 2005 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got that pic, and others, from Car Domain.
But the page seems to be gone now.

I own a 96 Paseo.
http://img147.exs.cx/img147/5862/3486762full8im.jp g

Used to own an SV21. Really liked it..hence my collection of pics!!!

Why so interested?
Who is this JetspeedCamry?? A regular?

[Updated on: Wed, 09 March 2005 08:54]

SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Camry SV21 Wed, 09 March 2005 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hijakdpolice wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 19:53

I got that pic, and others, from Car Domain.
But the page seems to be gone now.

I own a 96 Paseo.

Used to own an SV21. Really liked it..hence my collection of pics!!!

Ah, ok... You're cool.

Why so interested?
Who is this JetspeedCamry?? A regular?

JetspeedCamry left after a having a major hissy fit... He totally removed all evidence of his existence on the forum. He is not a regular... He's a wanker.

It's just really lame when people leave the forum and come back as another user...That's what we though was the case. I apologise for the mistake.
That's assuming that I was incorrect http://www.thermactor.com/forum/images/smiles/cornwtf.gif
hijakdpolice
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: Camry SV21 Wed, 09 March 2005 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fair enough.
Calling someone a wanker though?? not very fair!

Last I heard..the car was making some nice progress..didnt have a wing..didnt have any manual boot thingy...so yah..not sure if where talking about the same car!

SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Camry SV21 Wed, 09 March 2005 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's cool... Sorry for calling you a wanker. Wink

Anyhow... where are you from? I think I've seen that car around.

smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Camry SV21 Wed, 09 March 2005 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 21:02

That's cool... Sorry for calling you a wanker. Wink

Anyhow... where are you from? I think I've seen that car around.

and the plot thickens.... Embarassed .
hijakdpolice
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: Camry SV21 Wed, 09 March 2005 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Melbourne mate. Lets not whore this thread ai!

[Updated on: Wed, 09 March 2005 11:11]

SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Camry SV21 Wed, 09 March 2005 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hijakdpolice initially wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 22:10 as seen in email notification

Sydney mate. Lets not whore this thread ai!
hijakdpolice then changed it and wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 22:10

Melbourne mate. Lets not whore this thread ai!

Bum boum... Wrong on both counts mate... That car you posted a pic of (the Paseo) is from Alice Springs.

I own a 96 Paseo.

Here is the cardomain page with the same car but the owner lives in Alice Springs... http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/348676/2

Rehosting a pic doesn't make it untracable. Also, changing where you live from Sydney to Melbourne is hardly a typo or something you'd normally get wrong. Freak

I knew it was you JETSPEED!! I just couldn't prove it til now. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I still can't get over this... The nerve you have boy.

Talking yourself up in the third person... Loser. Laughing No No No
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Wed, 09 March 2005 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
busted Laughing

nice work sherlock Laughing
hijakdpolice
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: Camry SV21 Wed, 09 March 2005 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolling Eyes Haha..hmmm...u should be a detective mate..good job!
Now for another change of identity!! hahaha..or u can just leave me alone...u should have learned by now that the childish attitude of many of you's will not be tolerated anymore. Twisted Evil

Very Happy
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Camry SV21 Wed, 09 March 2005 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
nice work sherlock, i knew it wouldnt take to long, i know my camry's and i saw straight away its a camry and jetspeeds Cool.

So where is the thread starter we must of scared him off, or is it another attempt of Jetspeedcamry's hmmm.... Rolling Eyes .
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:92/ Celica 5SGE
Next Topic:V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 11 18:27:52 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.011008977890015 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.