Toymods » General Car Talk » ST162 dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 27 February 2005 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have both lol no the shell is f**t but i got parts for sale nuffin to do with engine or drivetrain as theres a 3sgte sittin in it
  Send a private message to this user    
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 28 February 2005 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys,
might be an intersting thought that i found a LSD for ST162's. heres the site... hmmmmmmmm anyone own one?

http://www.overboost.com/obs/product.asp?pid=21291 &cat_id=11&cat_name=Clutches/Driveline& ;sc_id=49&sc_name=LSD
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 28 February 2005 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jonchai wrote on Mon, 28 February 2005 22:41

Hey guys,
might be an intersting thought that i found a LSD for ST162's. heres the site... hmmmmmmmm anyone own one?

http://www.overboost.com/obs/product.asp?pid=21291 &cat_id=11&cat_name=Clutches/Driveline& ;amp ;sc_id=49&sc_name=LSD

WHOA $815 USD!!!! eeek! just import one from a 202
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 01 March 2005 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i aint got one but there worth about 1800 here installed
a car my m8 owns has one.. real rough to drive around in cuz wen u go round a corner it clinks and shit if ne accelrator is applied it locks into 2 wheels real rough.. but gives u so much more traction.. better in the long run but rough as guts for juts driving normally
sik sx
Regular

I supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 01 March 2005 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey,
just a quick question - does anyone know how many splines there are on the outter CV on the front left on a standard st162 celica?. i brought a new drive shaft from car bits but the thread that goes through the hub is a few mm bigger then the original - he has asked for me to count how many splines there are but someone one here might know and can save me the effort
thanks
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 02 March 2005 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam, no idea mate, sorry!

StuC -> this ones for you. Here is where I installed the relay for my fog lights.

It is the little gray box near the other relay boxes

wiring went:

parker circuit - in cabin switch - relay (switch)
batt - fuse - relay (power)
relay - lights (power)
relay - earth
lights - earth

http://www.roblincolne.com/pix/DSC06212.jpg

http://www.roblincolne.com/pix/DSC06213.jpg
SCO-77K
Regular

January 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 03 March 2005 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys, whose else thinks that the front speaker size in our cars suck! its like 3 1/4" or something, im having trouble putting in new speakers. hmm and im to lazy to build a pod for the doors
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 03 March 2005 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah man 4'' speakers go right in!
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 03 March 2005 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm with you Scott, the standard holes suck! All Toyota's from that era seem to have them - my old '88 4runner did and so does my brother's SV21 Camry.

I will be building pods for my doors, I was actually doing some mock ups for them on Tues night, hopefully I'll get them dome in the next couple of months or so. (Girlfriend eats up most spare time!) I have some 6.5" splits that I took out of my last car.

-Matt
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 03 March 2005 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got 4"s to fit in with a little persuasion from a hacksaw and some silicone. Rolling Eyes I did have them mounted in the stock dash holes, but without the enclosure it lost all the mid/low range. Splits are the best option for these cars in terms of staging.

If you dont mind your speakers pointing at the floor then use the 4" holes in the enclosures...

http://members.optushome.com.au/an-d/images/stuff/speakers.jpg
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 03 March 2005 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanx for those pics Rob, yeah sounds exactly like what i've done but my relay is on the other side.

I have a set of 4" splits in my celica - they fit by cutting off/rounding the corners with a pair of tin snips and i didnt have to cut plastic or silicone or anything else - you are right tho, you really do need 6" for some mid range up front.Its kinda crappy trying to tune your car right without them.
SCO-77K
Regular

January 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 04 March 2005 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think i need to get a little tougher with my car haha, yeah 6" will make it sound 10 times better
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 04 March 2005 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just got her back from panel beater yesterday

she looks amazing

http://www.roblincolne.com/pix/DSC06216.jpg

http://www.roblincolne.com/pix/DSC06217.jpg
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 04 March 2005 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohhhh yeah *thumbs up* Very Happy How'd you get the paint to stick to the rubber moulding that runs along the sill panel? Looks hot! I sanded + primed mine but getting no love from it.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 04 March 2005 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smashed_wombat wrote on Fri, 04 March 2005 16:34

ohhhh yeah *thumbs up* Very Happy How'd you get the paint to stick to the rubber moulding that runs along the sill panel? Looks hot! I sanded + primed mine but getting no love from it.

I don't want to talk about that right now. Razz

I isn't sticking very well. I think I will use a different primer and try again. Probably a high quality primer with a flex aid might be the go.
sik sx
Regular

I supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 04 March 2005 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is any one able to help me out, maybe it is in the manual or somethjing its jujst that i dontn have mine at this moment and this is pretty desperate that i find out how many splines there are on the outher left drive shaft/cv(the spline that goes through the centre of the hub)
cheers
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 05 March 2005 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Soz man, doesn't look like its in the Haynes manual. Wouldn't it be the same as the RHS one?
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 05 March 2005 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hubs are 26 spline...
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 05 March 2005 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
recently bought a shell off warrior to drop my 3sgte in out of my crashed 162...

havnt started engine yet as insurance isnt finished
thought id post what i have done lol it aint finished yet so dont go sayin i can see the headunit grill and theres gaps behind the tv lol Razz

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/beradg/tvwhitecelica.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/beradg/new-oldcelica.jpg

[Updated on: Sat, 05 March 2005 06:13]

berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 05 March 2005 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tv looks kinda dodgy the way its mounted in that photo but it looks good when ur sittin there lol
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 06 March 2005 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob, the car looks amazing, such a good job done. where did ya get that picture at?

berad, i like the setup, its good. i found this tv that has the cd/dvd (with mp3 playback) in one unit, im proberly going to go with that and fit it right in the double din space.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sun, 06 March 2005 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djcougar wrote on Sun, 06 March 2005 20:57

rob, the car looks amazing, such a good job done. where did ya get that picture at?

berad, i like the setup, its good. i found this tv that has the cd/dvd (with mp3 playback) in one unit, im proberly going to go with that and fit it right in the double din space.

hey yeah I took the piccie at church in castle hill when i was in there for a moment earlier this week, and thought, "man my car looks hot now" lol.. and couldn't help myself.
SCO-77K
Regular

January 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 07 March 2005 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A big Happy 1 Year Birthday to this thread! hehe Very Happy

glad its still going strong!
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 07 March 2005 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for those of you who dont have parcel shelves i know a few woudlnt probably most.. i can fabricate one in any type of board ply / mdf.. is probably the best option. ill ship it newhere in aus.. i got a template at work to make em so they fit straight in and they wont be dodge routed out on a point to point. i can cut 6 by 9 holes in them too if u want.. $40 bucks for a 18mm mdf shelf with 6 by 9 holes in it.. a bit more for ply as its more expensive + postage.
they wont have material on em ill leave that to yous as youll probly wanna match ur interior etc etc

[Updated on: Mon, 07 March 2005 05:10]

3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 07 March 2005 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was thinking aobut doing that to brad...cause i got a nice one i made for me and would be simple to copy again....

so when we goign to work on ya car man!

Nezza Cool
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 07 March 2005 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Fri, 04 March 2005 16:37

smashed_wombat wrote on Fri, 04 March 2005 16:34

I don't want to talk about that right now. Razz

I isn't sticking very well. I think I will use a different primer and try again. Probably a high quality primer with a flex aid might be the go.

hahahah i was considering doin this but i remembered an idea..
Instead of spending all that time repairing the sill and painting it.. why not just remove it completely and FILL the 4 holes on each side with some bodyfiller and then paint the section under the door by masking it up, it wouldn't be that hard to actually keep a thin line there for the sills...
I'm considering tryin it in the next few days. that sill has some sort of film over it which will mean that paint will not stick to them very well unless u give them a very very good sand and take them back to bare metal or sand them decently and use a proper primer for the rubber as mentioned by rob!
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 07 March 2005 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I painted up my car a bit..

Painted my rims in Sno White and also did the mudflaps

http://img105.exs.cx/img105/7730/2228oj.jpg

[Updated on: Mon, 07 March 2005 13:27]

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 07 March 2005 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adrian that looks very very tight dude. Fantastic actually! On ya man thanks for the piccie.

yeah I might try and find some origional black ones and try again
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 09 March 2005 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You should see it in real life man, looks awesome! I've never seen a Celica as neat as this one! Makes me jealous.... Evil or Very Mad
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 09 March 2005 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've used Wattyl Plastic Primer on similar surfaces - worked good, really sticky stuff. Some flex aid might help as well but I generally don't find any need for it.
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 10 March 2005 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
started my conversion again just b4 all thats holdin the engine is 3 engine mounts so ill lift that otu tomoro and drop it in the new car should be running by sunday. Very Happy
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 10 March 2005 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ey fellas,

Once again im off the road, long story short, passenger side drive shaft is busted.

Was driving, took off pretty hard, but nothing over the top, and heard a clunk, and the car stopped moving, after having a quick look and a think, I decided it was the driveshaft.

Towed it home, grabbed the passenger side driveshaft, and it was totally loose, in particular at the wheel side.

Now im wondering, what needs replacing? just the drive shaft? or is there any thing else?. Also how much do you think I will be paying?

Once again thanx for the help fellas.

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 10 March 2005 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
driveshafts from brake pro here in sydney cost me $130 a side I think. that's reconditioned with new rubber and CVs etc etc
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 10 March 2005 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does my problem sound like a drive shaft to u rob?
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 10 March 2005 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well dude yeah, just jack up the two front wheels, put it in gear, and see if the shaft is spinning but not the wheel... that will give you a good idea.. crude.. but effective Very Happy but yeah, my bet is that.. the shaft should not move very much when stationary
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 10 March 2005 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool, thanx for the help, lets hope thats all it is
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 10 March 2005 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man these ST162s just REFUSE to get back together at my hands. I think it's been nearly 2 years since I've driven mine - *sigh*.

Just thought I'd share.

Does anyone else have wierd shit happen to them like the threads in the head for the exhaust getting stripped? Or power steering hoses deciding to spring more leaks than general Custers' hat? Or windscreen washer jets that decide 15 years is enough and they should break due to craplastic construction. And this is before I even crank the thing over, how many things are going to break when I try that? What about moving it back off of the ramps that the car has been on for a year, maybe my driveshafts and CVs will exit and embed in my leg causing arterial bleeding thus forcing me to spend at least ANOTHER week in hospital away from my car.

***AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH***

Sleep
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 10 March 2005 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWDboy wrote on Fri, 11 March 2005 00:44

Man these ST162s just REFUSE to get back together at my hands. I think it's been nearly 2 years since I've driven mine - *sigh*.

Just thought I'd share.

Does anyone else have wierd shit happen to them like the threads in the head for the exhaust getting stripped? Or power steering hoses deciding to spring more leaks than general Custers' hat? Or windscreen washer jets that decide 15 years is enough and they should break due to craplastic construction. And this is before I even crank the thing over, how many things are going to break when I try that? What about moving it back off of the ramps that the car has been on for a year, maybe my driveshafts and CVs will exit and embed in my leg causing arterial bleeding thus forcing me to spend at least ANOTHER week in hospital away from my car.

Sleep

Laughing Laughing

when you roll the car down off the ramps you will probably find that your suspension has become a trampoline, and your hubs will sound like your brake pads are down to bare metal...lol
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 10 March 2005 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm telling you man, modified cars either spend their life in a workshop or on its way there. Its a curse i tell you Surprised Surprised
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 10 March 2005 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jonchai wrote on Fri, 11 March 2005 01:46

I'm telling you man, modified cars either spend their life in a workshop or on its way there. Its a curse i tell you Surprised Surprised

I AGREE 100% !
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 10 March 2005 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and what does it mean when ppl say "Bump"?
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 10 March 2005 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Uhhh - it means that the thread has been 'bumped' back up to the top of the forum thingo.

Yeah I haven't done anything to the suspension yet, the only things I haven't touched on my car (by touched I mean taken apart and rebuilt) is the steering rack/column, and the gearbox/shafts/suspension. They're next once I get the thing going again!
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 10 March 2005 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey did anyone find this Keypack in their engine bay, i think it was located near the radiator, anyway yeah i found a spare key there in the key pack, weird huh? anyway i removed it now that you all know where it was.. Laughing ,
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 10 March 2005 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWDboy wrote on Fri, 11 March 2005 00:44

Just thought I'd share.

Sleep

Stephen! mate, that's so crazy.. dude you have my sympathy Smile you know you don't HAVE to have all the exhaust bolts in unless it is the edge ones, but they do help

I have a spare head here if you need it mate
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 10 March 2005 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey StuC, remember how I was going to put together some instructions on converting an ST162 to power windows? Well I FINALLY got it finished (only 3 months late)!

Not sure if you still need them or not, let me know if you do. It's a Word document that's about 1.2 meg, thanks to all the pics I put in.

Anyway sorry it took so long mate, life and work can really get in the way of these things sometimes!

If anyone else is interested too, give me an email address and I'll fire them off to you.

Cheers,
-Matt
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 11 March 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rob -> I too am in possession of a spare head! I think i'm going to get the thing drilled and tapped at a workshop (plus drilling the exhaust manifold too so that the new massif stud will fit through). It's just annoying me that something as simple as bolting an exhaust manifold goes wrong! I was only up to 20Nm of torque when the thread shat itself!
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 11 March 2005 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWDboy wrote on Fri, 11 March 2005 12:02

Rob -> I too am in possession of a spare head! I think i'm going to get the thing drilled and tapped at a workshop (plus drilling the exhaust manifold too so that the new massif stud will fit through). It's just annoying me that something as simple as bolting an exhaust manifold goes wrong! I was only up to 20Nm of torque when the thread shat itself!

that's so crazy.. the thread on the bolt or the thread in the head?

I can imagine I would be so incredibly frustrated dude massif PITA like, "why won't you just go together!" I had to replace my sump because the thread in the plug hole died 3 weeks ago (and turns out my sump was damaged) funny how a tiny exercise (changing the oil) can turn into the biggest dramas
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 11 March 2005 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matt i would be interested in that document.

ddamato@ezy.com.au, can ya email it to me there
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 11 March 2005 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got a spare drive shaft 40 bucks + postage
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 11 March 2005 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man that's a top price berad

and anyway, what do those punks in the AW11 thread think they are doing.. CATCHING us? The greatest and mightiest of all Toymods threads?

lol
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 11 March 2005 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djcougar wrote on Fri, 11 March 2005 13:09

matt i would be interested in that document.

ddamato@ezy.com.au, can ya email it to me there

Done!
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 11 March 2005 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the almighty is out of the car now.. put it in the new shell tomoro morning should be runnin by sunday... ohh yer lol dunno how long it will stay on road but always shit f**king up on modified cars but its all fun n games just to hand someone there ass haha
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 11 March 2005 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Berad...you selling that CV joint that gave you the lump on the head..lol..you should frame it.

well good news guys the car is finally finished...yeeehhhhaaaaaa

im going to pick it up in tomorrow afternoon. should start the brake upgrade and get a few minor details happening. Very Happy

but I have to drive like a granny for 1000kms until the turbo is run in.

RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 11 March 2005 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well it's slowly coming along, exhaust isn't sorted out yet but I'm just going to take it to a workshop (ie drive it, or tow it, not sure yet) but I have to get this f*&^ing thing running whether it leaks exhaust gas like a geriatric on the morning after "bad Mexican food night" or not.

http://home.bigblue.net.au/pwade/ST162_enginebay.jpg

Rob -> it's the thread IN the head - why me dammit! Can't even fill it with aluminium weld and re-drill it to the same size cause head warpage factor would be massif Sad Mad Sleep
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 12 March 2005 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matt that would be great if you could please send me that write-up for power windows. Email is stu_chamberz@hotmail.com

Stephen, sucks about those exhaust studs.I dont know what it is but lately all the small and simple jobs have been turning into the biggest PITA.I snapped the heads off my brake caliper bolts, the bolts holding my cross-members in and exhuast bolts too. I think its just general age. But i have to say, that exhaust bay looks great!Have you had those powder coated or have you just used some high temp paint. I've been thinking about polishing my rocker covers but after seeing that i think i might spray it.

Update on my car- thinking about rebuilding/recoing next week.Involving a full tear down, clean and replacing all seals,bearing,rings and getting the head recoed too. So a light scim, some seat regrinds and a steam clean. I also need a new clutch so that will def go in and i'll do the power steering pump while its all out.

Fog lights are also installed and have globes now.they're so bright and add heaps more throw to the sides so i can see what coming, its great.I'll get some pics up later.

Cheers guys
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 12 March 2005 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the 3sgte is runnin in the new car Very Happy... thanks neil 2 people who know wat there doin makes a big difference... now to tidy it up ....
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 12 March 2005 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good news everybody, Smile

I'm probably going to spend even more money on my car now that I've just organised an alarm/immoboliser package for the car, for $295 installed. So hopefully it will be completely fixed by this time next year, and then after I finish Uni it will also have a beams 3sge in it. That's if nothing goes wrong.

Anyone know any respectable and well priced respray/bodyworks places in Victoria (preferable South East suburbs) is anyone elses clear paint layer peeling?

Beams are getting cheaper btw too less then $5k for a front cut Smile
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 12 March 2005 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charliechalk wrote on Sat, 12 March 2005 18:43

{snip}and then after I finish Uni it will also have a beams 3sge in it. {snip}

I will personally come and see this if you do it Very Happy 5k ay! wow.. imagine that a bolt in MACHINE for 5k

Stephen => engine pay looks very nice, SUPER crap about that bolt dude.. you will get there dude. Hang in there!

i guess all our bolts get a little tired of just being tightened and loosened and tightened and loosened...
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 12 March 2005 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some how I don't think it will be that easy unfortunetaly. That's why I'm getting someone else to do it hahahaha. As long as it all goes to plan anyway.

It took long enough just to swap over normal 3sge's. And for some reason I still have the old engine which is perfect except for the missing piston rings Rolling Eyes .

And that's some nice cover painting, heat proof I take it, how much was the paint? DIY job?

I've missed so much on this thread Sad
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Sat, 12 March 2005 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
charliechalk, try europaint aust. they do cheap resprays. about $1500 in 2 pak paint. there on scorsby rd in bayswater.i had my car done there 2years ago.
Pages (63): [ «  <  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: '76 Corona MKII
Next Topic:Old photos
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 19 15:48:49 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.015492916107178 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.