Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
awd turbo camry Sun, 06 March 2005 08:33 Go to next message
hey i went to the motor show in melbourne on saturday. n saw the new turbo awd camry.
what do other people think of it.
i luv it, its awesome.
too bad i couldnt get ne good pics of it because had a rail around the car n was really close to it sucked.
i got some pics but i gota post em up on the net first (not much point the pics r average n dont see much of car)

cheers
-jeff
  Send a private message to this user    
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: awd turbo camry Sun, 06 March 2005 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohhh joy turbo awd boren shit box, toyota went out of business as far as im concerened when the last jza80 rolled off the line
westlife
Regular

September 2003
Re: awd turbo camry Sun, 06 March 2005 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A threads up on this champ Very Happy
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: awd turbo camry Tue, 08 March 2005 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where are the pics?.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: awd turbo camry Tue, 08 March 2005 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
far as i know its front wheel only not AWD ..
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: awd turbo camry Tue, 08 March 2005 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=60146&start=0&rid=5233&S=46f54e8fd4f 18171ad1cdf14c4ba2883

I wish people would stop thinking Toyota are aimming it at the WRX. It will be a family car
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: awd turbo camry Wed, 09 March 2005 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toyota lead the charge in AWD turbo 4 cylinders with the GT4 then other manufacturers followed suit and then they just decided not to make them anymore... why?

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: awd turbo camry Wed, 09 March 2005 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no audi led the charge Razz
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: awd turbo camry Wed, 09 March 2005 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mick wrote on Tue, 08 March 2005 23:24

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=60146&start=0&rid=5233&S=46f54e8fd4f 18171ad1cdf14c4ba2883

I wish people would stop thinking Toyota are aimming it at the WRX. It will be a family car

But the WRX is a family car so of course Toyota would want their AWD turbo family car to compete with it!

finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: awd turbo camry Wed, 09 March 2005 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got the impression that they were competing with the liberty GT /B4??? meh....
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: awd turbo camry Wed, 09 March 2005 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they dropped the Gt4 cause corollas . landcruisers and camrys sell more in America..

Then these californian emissions laws came that killed the supra in those markets ..

then it was downwards from there
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: awd turbo camry Wed, 09 March 2005 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
correction, they found more hairdressers buying them and didnt see the need anymore Twisted Evil
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: awd turbo camry Wed, 09 March 2005 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And all the grandpas were either buying cressidas or dropping dead on the bowling pitch Wink
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: awd turbo camry Wed, 09 March 2005 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 15:53

mick wrote on Tue, 08 March 2005 23:24

But the WRX is a family car so of course Toyota would want their AWD turbo family car to compete with it!

A WRX is in a different class in the first place all together and I somehow don't see the WRX a threat too Toyota Camry sales. It would be aimed at the family market too compete against the other AWD drive family hacks getting around now.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: awd turbo camry Wed, 09 March 2005 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the Turbo AWD Camry is a simlar concept to the SS Commodore.. its now so daddy can go out and be a weekend warrior with his Sporty family car, while still gettign the same comfort and gayness of a family car.. the SS is the same its exactly the same as the 6 cly version so mummy can still put he 2.5 kids in teh back etc and take htem to soccer or watever they do but then on the weekend they can Unleash hte besat.. really they are doing it to increae camry sales, its not like they are putting as much effort in to develop a new car its just a new drive system and a turbo.. the XR6 Turbo is another good example.. but i won't keep going. something like the new supra is an example of Toyota trying to compete with other sports cars... simple making changes to an exsisting model isn't changing the market to compete with another type of car.. its just to increase sales on that model by aiming it at the same market just with a few treats hidden to make it look "NEW"
esk34
Regular

February 2005
Re: awd turbo camry Wed, 09 March 2005 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought it was a supercharged FWD camry with aggressive looks, but I only read the thing in the paper.
Camry's will always be camry's in many peoples eyes. I don't think I will ever see the day when anybody goes, ga ga over the performance of a camry. Exept for Dave from work, but that's a whole different story...
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: awd turbo camry Thu, 10 March 2005 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but isn't here also going to be a supercharged Camry V6?? I think this would be a more sportier option to the AWD turbo 4-cyl Camry.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: awd turbo camry Thu, 10 March 2005 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the one he saw IS the suprcharged front wheel drive camry!!..

TS01 - red - nice mags etc ..

BlackMR2
Regular

December 2004
Re: awd turbo camry Thu, 10 March 2005 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh supercharged dude.. not turbo! kids these days Rolling Eyes

and yeh the rims are The Business!

[Updated on: Thu, 10 March 2005 05:33]

ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: awd turbo camry Thu, 10 March 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mick wrote on Thu, 10 March 2005 12:43

but isn't here also going to be a supercharged Camry V6?? I think this would be a more sportier option to the AWD turbo 4-cyl Camry.

Sportier.... yes.... Rolling Eyes
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: awd turbo camry Thu, 10 March 2005 05:46 Go to previous message
Allan wrote on Sun, 06 March 2005 19:40

ohhh joy turbo awd boren shit box, toyota went out of business as far as im concerened when the last jza80 rolled off the line

Second
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:97+ supra can be imported in to OZ?
Next Topic:Owned again
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 14:35:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052640438079834 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.