Toymods » Tech & Conversions » HEY ALL.. wondering what to do with my 81 KE55

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
jubby
Newcomer

February 2005
HEY ALL.. wondering what to do with my 81 KE55 Tue, 08 February 2005 00:43 Go to next message
Thank you. I just really don't think it is worth spending money on. I will probably just ditch the car and get a new one... i am not a mechanically minded person at all.. so i am thinking instead of spending money on it.. i will just save up and get a new car.. there isn't really a great rush.. i don't even have my learners anymore! Sad

[Updated on: Tue, 08 February 2005 01:12]

Send a private message to this user    
bunkyT18
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: HEY ALL.. wondering what to do with my 81 KE55 Tue, 08 February 2005 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If it can't make it up the drive, it's more than the manifold that needs work. Try searching the Tech and conversion forums or looking at the Engine swap guide in the Tech docs. Heres a tip, you are not gonna get something for nothing. If you want your car to go then you are going to spend money. If you want more power, you will have to spend more money. Cool

I'd say a engine conversion would be your best bet.

[Updated on: Tue, 08 February 2005 00:57]

jubby
Newcomer

February 2005
Re: HEY ALL.. wondering what to do with my 81 KE55 Tue, 08 February 2005 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WHOOPS.. i am not very clever either.. i just deleted my original message! oh well.. sorry guys!
jubby
Newcomer

February 2005
Re: HEY ALL.. wondering what to do with my 81 KE55 Tue, 08 February 2005 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ORIGINAL MESSAGE!
Hey all. i am hoping someone is able to help me out on what to do with my 1981 Toyota corolla KE55. it is a 2 door coupe. I got this car for free off a friend it starts but has NO POWER! it won't make it up my driveway. I was told that the manifold would need changing. I am also wondering what else i can do to make my car have some power, i am not willing to spend much money on this car though... i am also wondering if anyone has ideas on what colour to paint it or anything.. thank you very much look forward to reading your replies!
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: HEY ALL.. wondering what to do with my 81 KE55 Tue, 08 February 2005 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if u have a match then u know what to do

if not borrow yr neighbours lighter

basically find out how much to fix it then see if the money to fix it is worth it compared to how much u make if u want to sell it

most of the time its not worth fixing it
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: HEY ALL.. wondering what to do with my 81 KE55 Tue, 08 February 2005 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
post some pics of the car...is the body in good shape??
Steve_Reynolds
Regular

May 2002
Re: HEY ALL.. wondering what to do with my 81 KE55 Wed, 09 February 2005 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Want to sell it? (if it body is in OK nick tho)
I could do with a spare shell.
jubby
Newcomer

February 2005
Re: HEY ALL.. wondering what to do with my 81 KE55 Tue, 08 March 2005 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And just when you all thought i had fallen off the face of the earth.. i return.. no pics of my car as yet.. i am getting it painted next week... Black.. there is a bit of rust in my car.. but i am getting it all cut out and done properly.. my parents are now paying for it for me for my birthday so i don't care about costs anymore.. i have a 4K engine don't really want to have to replace engine.. power problem is fixed now.. dad didn't really do much.. changed the air filter.. changed something else and did the manifold gasket.. car runs OK now.. but still not enough speed for me.. is it possible to get a Turbo for a shitty old 4K engine??? thanks all.. looking forward to hearing your replies
jubby
Newcomer

February 2005
Re: HEY ALL.. wondering what to do with my 81 KE55 Wed, 09 March 2005 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BUMP
manmx83
Regular

July 2004
Re: HEY ALL.. wondering what to do with my 81 KE55 Wed, 09 March 2005 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"dont care about costs anymore" I bet your Dad would like to hear that.Someone gives you a car,Dad fixes it and pays.......
Laughing
vin91
Regular

August 2003
Re: HEY ALL.. wondering what to do with my 81 KE55 Wed, 09 March 2005 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(if u have a match then u know what to do

if not borrow yr neighbours lighter

basically find out how much to fix it then see if the money to fix it is worth it compared to how much u make if u want to sell it

most of the time its not worth fixing it)

That's not the Point of fixing a car, You will never get back what you put in. The idea is to have a car that is Your Own, and preferably looks OK.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: HEY ALL.. wondering what to do with my 81 KE55 Wed, 09 March 2005 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jubby wrote on Tue, 08 March 2005 22:48

And just when you all thought i had fallen off the face of the earth.. i return.. no pics of my car as yet.. i am getting it painted next week... Black.. there is a bit of rust in my car.. but i am getting it all cut out and done properly.. my parents are now paying for it for me for my birthday so i don't care about costs anymore.. i have a 4K engine don't really want to have to replace engine.. power problem is fixed now.. dad didn't really do much.. changed the air filter.. changed something else and did the manifold gasket.. car runs OK now.. but still not enough speed for me.. is it possible to get a Turbo for a shitty old 4K engine??? thanks all.. looking forward to hearing your replies

so does that mean you got your L's again?
jubby
Newcomer

February 2005
Re: HEY ALL.. wondering what to do with my 81 KE55 Thu, 10 March 2005 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i have my learners again!! YAY.. got it renewed.. i am so glad i didn't have to do the test again.. i wouldn't of passed! Razz
Dad already told me that he would spend whatever i wanted on it.. it's for my birthday.. it's not just for nothing geez.. yeah so no one answered my question.... is it possible to get a turbo for a 4K engine and if it is.. does anyone know a rough price
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: HEY ALL.. wondering what to do with my 81 KE55 Thu, 10 March 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jubby wrote on Thu, 10 March 2005 11:42

i am so glad i didn't have to do the test again.. i wouldn't of passed!

there is no way in hell i will help you turbo a 4K if you don't even think you can pass a learners test..

think about it... person who can't pass driving/learner test + turbo = one dead fuckwit.

sorry to be harsh but you need to learn how to drive for a while before you even entertain the thought of a turbo.
cwhelan
Regular

September 2004
Re: HEY ALL.. wondering what to do with my 81 KE55 Wed, 13 April 2005 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats very harsh, shame on you. Remember when you once started driving, all you wanted was a faster car. He needs a turbo, so give him one. A turbo will help him get the car up the drive, and probably through the house and in the back yard. Evil or Very Mad
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: HEY ALL.. wondering what to do with my 81 KE55 Wed, 13 April 2005 01:00 Go to previous message
Drop in 1uz
put fuel in it

find long open road with NOONE else on it
then drive it as fast as you can and you'll see why we suggest you don't turbo it.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Wiring up electronic ignition (2T-G)
Next Topic:2TG fuel pump
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 01:08:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061039924621582 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.