Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
rsdeo
Regular

January 2004
Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Thu, 03 February 2005 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael glad to see you sourced some hubs.

bbaacchhyy wrote on Wed, 02 February 2005 01:25

The wheel hub mounting face is 1.6mm per side more inboard than the MS65.

I measured 6mm further out.... or was that from an MA6x hub? Michael how did you measure this?

I used the end of the strut spindle as a reference point. I mounted a stock MA6x hub onto the spindle and measured the distance from the hub face to a straight line drawn from the top of the spindle.I then did the same for the MS65 hub and Z31 hub. The differences in measurement gave me the difference in wheel offset.

Consider my idea of mounting a disc on the face of the Z31 hub instaed of behind it. One that is close to 30mm thick, 280mm in diamter, but an overall hat height of 70mm. Then mount the Z32 caliper on the stock MA6x strut caliper mounts.

This will push the offset out +12mm to +14mm (+6mm for the hub and +6mm to +8mm for the disc) of the wheel. So the usual 17x8 +10 front wheel will now be 17X8 +22 to +24. Easier to find this offset or +25 in 5x114.3. Also this will push the spokes of the wheels away from the Z32 caliper by the same amount, making most wheels possible to mount. No fancy caliper mounting bracket needed. Just 10mm longer wheel studs which are available.

[Updated on: Thu, 03 February 2005 00:13]

Send a private message to this user    
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Thu, 03 February 2005 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raj,

I measured the difference between the MS65 and Z31T by comparing the distance to the rear bearing face.

I would prefer to mount the disc on the rear, as it then becomes easier to make the wheels hub-centric (although this can be argued as not relevant).

For those that want to mount the disc on the front, Holden Commodore rotots have a similar offset to what you mention, and have diameters in the 280 to 330 range.

Either way, it is another alternative to MS65 hubs to get the 5 stud pattern for the fronts.

Over here, wheels in the +6 offset range are easy to get, as early Falcons have that offset so they are very plentiful

Cheers

Michael B
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Thu, 03 February 2005 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Thu, 03 February 2005 08:14

I would prefer to mount the disc on the rear, as it then becomes easier to make the wheels hub-centric (although this can be argued as not relevant).

Not relevant yes, illegal yes, annoying VERY yes.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Thu, 03 February 2005 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Thu, 03 February 2005 19:13

bbaacchhyy wrote on Thu, 03 February 2005 08:14

What do you mean by annoying ? Difficult to make hubcentric with fitting the disc on the front ?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Thu, 03 February 2005 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Thu, 03 February 2005 16:55

What do you mean by annoying ? Difficult to make hubcentric with fitting the disc on the front ?

Yes.
There is only 9mm of hubcentricness on the hub.
Pop an 8mm disc on there, and you get 1mm of hubcentricness.

You need to machine the hub, and put a collar on it.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Thu, 03 February 2005 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The hub-centric part of the hub is right on the mounting face, once you have an 8mm spacer there, there is basically none of it left, so I have to get the top part (which is tapered) machined down then another ring made up.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Thu, 03 February 2005 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thought that is what it was. Hence mounting the disc on the back Very Happy
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Thu, 03 February 2005 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Thu, 03 February 2005 19:56

... only 9mm of hubcentricness on the hub.
Pop an 8mm disc on there, and you get 1mm of hubcentricness.

So, basically, you're huncetrisising it? Wink
rsdeo
Regular

January 2004
Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Thu, 03 February 2005 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Thu, 03 February 2005 03:43

In some ways you guys are lucky living on that side of the pond, but in others we are.

We don't have all these stringent rules to follow.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Fri, 04 February 2005 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rsdeo wrote on Fri, 04 February 2005 04:48

In some ways you guys are lucky living on that side of the pond, but in others we are.

We don't have all these stringent rules to follow.

But because of these lack of 'rules' you guys have EXTREMELY HIGH insurance prices.

I'd rather pay a $1000 or so to get everything legal upfront, than pay an extra $1000 every year for fully comprehensive insurance.
rsdeo
Regular

January 2004
Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Fri, 04 February 2005 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Thu, 03 February 2005 19:53

But because of these lack of 'rules' you guys have EXTREMELY HIGH insurance prices.

I'd rather pay a $1000 or so to get everything legal upfront, than pay an extra $1000 every year for fully comprehensive insurance.

It seems to be about the same. I pay around $2700 per year for my three vehicles. That is here in Canada. I think some states in the US still don't require insurance.

IT'S STILL ALL LEAGALIZED CRIME.

[Updated on: Fri, 04 February 2005 02:33]

rsdeo
Regular

January 2004
Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Sat, 26 February 2005 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Received another set of Z31 hubs. These are the later style on cars produced '87 on. The discs on these slip over the face of the hub as on a Z32. The face of this later Z31 hub sits 1mm further out than the stock MA6x hub while mounted on a MA6x strut.

Pics below show the difference between both styles of hubs. Later model on the left and earlier model on the right.
http://www.ilkt.com/celicasupra/Z31HubCompareFace.jpg
http://www.ilkt.com/celicasupra/Z31HubCompareSide.jpg
http://www.ilkt.com/celicasupra/Z31HubCompareBack.jpg

The Z32 disc fits this hub perfectly, so no inner disc bore ring required and wheels at 66.1 center bore will be hub centric when mounted. Mount a Z32 disc on the hub and you are looking at ~8mm more wheel offset. So 8" wide wheels with an offset of +20 should fit easily on the front. Possibly even +25mm.
http://www.ilkt.com/celicasupra/Z31HubZ32Disc.jpg

I should be receiving a set of Starion hubs soon to see how they fit.

[Updated on: Sat, 26 February 2005 22:42]

TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Sat, 26 February 2005 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i love MA61's
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Mon, 28 February 2005 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Interesting find there Raj.

So some of the later Z31T hubs are the same as the Z32 ? And still share the same bearings as the MA61/Z31 ?

Good to see that there is another option, as MS65 hubs are getting a bit hard to find over here

Cheers

Michael B
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Tue, 01 March 2005 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i still cant believe i started all of this, and have since produced a world wide demand, and conseqent global shortage of ms65 front hubs!! Shocked

amazing
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Tue, 01 March 2005 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ed_ma61 wrote on Tue, 01 March 2005 10:51

i still cant believe i started all of this, and have since produced a world wide demand, and conseqent global shortage of ms65 front hubs!! Shocked

amazing

Yeah, it's all your fault !!!! Laughing

I have sent 5 Stud stuff off to Canada, Greece and Norway !!!

Just get your act together and do it yourself !!!

I can't believe this page is still going and has reached 8 pages and over 5,000 views !!!!

[Updated on: Tue, 01 March 2005 00:28]

rsdeo
Regular

January 2004
Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Tue, 01 March 2005 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Mon, 28 February 2005 16:04

So some of the later Z31T hubs are the same as the Z32 ? And still share the same bearings as the MA61/Z31 ?

The later Z31 hubs are different from the Z32 hubs and can not be interchanged. What is similar to both are the dimensions for the disc mounting portions of the hubs. Once a Z32 disc is mounted to a later Z31 hub a 10mm spacer is still needed to bring the Z32 caliper out 10mm in order to go over the disc.

I have a disc that may work without the 10mm spacer for the caliper. Only problem is that it is 8mm too large in diameter. So needs to be cut down to 280mm. This mat throw the disc balancing off.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Tue, 01 March 2005 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rsdeo wrote on Tue, 01 March 2005 13:03

bbaacchhyy wrote on Mon, 28 February 2005 16:04

The later Z31 hubs are different from the Z32 hubs and can not be interchanged. What is similar to both are the dimensions for the disc mounting portions of the hubs. Once a Z32 disc is mounted to a later Z31 hub a 10mm spacer is still needed to bring the Z32 caliper out 10mm in order to go over the disc.

I have a disc that may work without the 10mm spacer for the caliper. Only problem is that it is 8mm too large in diameter. So needs to be cut down to 280mm. This mat throw the disc balancing off.

Get the R33 calipers. Problem solved. Laughing
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Tue, 01 March 2005 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on a totally unrelated, yet sort of related note -

i sold the ma61 and bought the extra chunky ma70 (7mgte) recently which will arrive here for me in two weeks.

need to know whats the hub dimensions on this so i can go out and get some new rims and change the shitty stockers off it quick smart!

is it 5x114.3? and whats the offset?

Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Tue, 01 March 2005 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes 5x114.3, and the offset is something like +40 I think?
rokusan
Regular

September 2004
Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Tue, 01 March 2005 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine are +35's and need 6mm spacers so min. would be +40 i'd say
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Tue, 01 March 2005 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so id be safe with 38 offset wheels yeah?

8.5" will fit fine or too big?
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Tue, 01 March 2005 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*EDIT: Double Post*

[Updated on: Tue, 01 March 2005 12:42]

rsdeo
Regular

January 2004
Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Tue, 01 March 2005 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Mon, 28 February 2005 21:49

Unfortunately R33 calipers are not readily available in North America.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Tue, 01 March 2005 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Tue, 01 March 2005 19:00

Yes 5x114.3, and the offset is something like +40 I think?

Almost right. +37
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Tue, 01 March 2005 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rsdeo wrote on Tue, 01 March 2005 23:36

bbaacchhyy wrote on Mon, 28 February 2005 21:49

Unfortunately R33 calipers are not readily available in North America.

I know, hence the smiley face. Can easily get some here and post them though (the postage would hurt a little).
rsdeo
Regular

January 2004
Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Wed, 02 March 2005 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Tue, 01 March 2005 16:06

I know, hence the smiley face. Can easily get some here and post them though (the postage would hurt a little).

Trying to stick with parts readily available in North America. Problems arise later when new seal kits are needed or a replacement core is needed. If anyone enquires about them I will refer them to you.

rsdeo
Regular

January 2004
Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Wed, 02 March 2005 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rears are readily and easily converted using the MS123 stubs and the stock MA6x disc redrilled for 5x114.3. The problem arises when trying to adjust camber and utilising coil overs. Still few wheels are available in a +0 offset (Starion 16x8 and 16x9 rears are perfect, but the diameter is getting small), there are more wheels available at affordable prices in +25 offset or more.

I've been mulling over the idea of custom rear control arms, but how would you mount the axle shafts? It can be done but at much expense to produce a complete solution. It would as ever be easier and more affordable to utilise parts that are readily available.

How about rear axle parts from again the Starion?
http://ilkt.com/celicasupra/StarionRearAxle.JPG

All that is needed is to make the control arm itself to mount to the axle housing. Also an adapter plate to go between the stub flange and half shaft. Possibly the Starion 4 bolt flange will work with no modifications.

Notice also the strut mount also on the axle housing. This eases coil over installation on the control arm end. Still leaving the upper mount to tackle.

Any thoughts and or suggestions?

Still waiting for my other Starion parts...

As always sitting in class thinking cars rather listening to the teacher discussing Cisco AAA and security breeches...

[Updated on: Wed, 02 March 2005 00:28]

Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Wed, 02 March 2005 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rsdeo wrote on Wed, 02 March 2005 10:01

Trying to stick with parts readily available in North America. Problems arise later when new seal kits are needed or a replacement core is needed. If anyone enquires about them I will refer them to you.

I'm pretty sure the R32/Z32 rebuild kit will work for the R33 caliper. I had R32 and R33 calipers side by side and the only visible difference between them was the location of the mounting points.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Wed, 02 March 2005 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Wed, 02 March 2005 11:25

rsdeo wrote on Wed, 02 March 2005 10:01

I'm pretty sure the R32/Z32 rebuild kit will work for the R33 caliper. I had R32 and R33 calipers side by side and the only visible difference between them was the location of the mounting points.

Yep. They are the same.

But Raj, as much as R33 stuff isn't readily available in the States, the 5 bolt Starion stuff is non-existant here, and the 4 bolt stuff is rarer than Mk2 Supra stuff !!!!!
rsdeo
Regular

January 2004
Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Wed, 02 March 2005 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Tue, 01 March 2005 20:31

But Raj, as much as R33 stuff isn't readily available in the States, the 5 bolt Starion stuff is non-existant here, and the 4 bolt stuff is rarer than Mk2 Supra stuff !!!!!

Damn, why only some cars in some markets.....

This bites. MK2 Supra ownership really has to be a passion. Sometimes I think I should just sell it all off and buy a TT Z32, M3 or something that has parts readily available. C6 Z06 would be nice. Cool

[Updated on: Wed, 02 March 2005 01:53]

Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Wed, 02 March 2005 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rsdeo wrote on Wed, 02 March 2005 11:53

This bites. MK2 Supra ownership really has to be a passion.

Or a sickness. I'm up to my 3rd one now! I don't even want to know how many tens of thousands of dollars I've spent on them...
rsdeo
Regular

January 2004
Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Wed, 02 March 2005 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Tue, 01 March 2005 20:31

I understand the delema. No Starions were ever sold in Canada, though there was one late model Starion in town in the late '80s. Mitsubishi themselves just started selling cars here after 2000.

A little help for you guys to source parts from North America. It is easier for anyone with this link to get parts from North America.

http://www.car-part.com/

I bought my late model Z31 hubs from a wrecker on this site. Shipping was very fast and had the parts in less than a week of them receiving my payment. Don't know how all of them are though.

Norbie wrote on Tue, 01 March 2005 21:45

Or a sickness. I'm up to my 3rd one now! I don't even want to know how many tens of thousands of dollars I've spent on them...

Three myself.... fourth someday?

bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Wed, 02 March 2005 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rsdeo wrote on Wed, 02 March 2005 13:28

Norbie wrote on Tue, 01 March 2005 21:45

Three myself.... fourth someday?

I'm on my first, and I hope it stays that way. Certainly can't afford any more......

Interesting thing is that both Norb's and another MA61 (local Adelaide one) met grief in the from of a Camry.....

Might have to stay away from them Rolling Eyes
rokusan
Regular

September 2004
Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Wed, 02 March 2005 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can you not use Z32 calipers? they're a US domestic aren't they?
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Wed, 02 March 2005 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The R32/Z32 caliper has different mounting points to the R33, which you'll realise if you trawl through this (now enormous) thread. This is the whole problem for our North American friends.
rsdeo
Regular

January 2004
Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Wed, 02 March 2005 19:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Wed, 02 March 2005 08:54

The R32/Z32 caliper has different mounting points to the R33, which you'll realise if you trawl through this (now enormous) thread. This is the whole problem for our North American friends.

Norbie is correct!!!! Z32s are available in North America and R32/Z32 calipers are the same. R33s were never sold in North America.

It is great we can rely on each other to send parts across that vast ocean if they are needed. You Australians have a slight advantage over us with http://www.car-part.com/ . There is no equivelent Australian site.

I spent 5 hours today driving to and back from a shop that has some new late '80s Work wheels (deep dish style) hidden in their warehouse someplace. I was told to drive down by an employee to check out what they had in stock. On arrival I was told they would need a few days to look for them and they would call me. What a waste of a day. I hope what they find will be worth it.

[Updated on: Wed, 02 March 2005 19:40]

Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Thu, 03 March 2005 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rsdeo wrote on Thu, 03 March 2005 05:39

It is great we can rely on each other to send parts across that vast ocean if they are needed. You Australians have a slight advantage over us with http://www.car-part.com/ . There is no equivelent Australian site.

You mean like this?

http://www.partslocator.com.au/
rokusan
Regular

September 2004
Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Thu, 03 March 2005 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Thu, 03 March 2005 00:54

what i mean is to use 300zx brakes, i have and they are internally no different. I have an R33 skyline also and i didn't know their callipers were not interchangeable? the Z32 ones i have on my celica are cast alloy and look physically smaller, at least finer, but the pads are identical.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Thu, 03 March 2005 20:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rokusan wrote on Thu, 03 March 2005 22:28

Norbie wrote on Thu, 03 March 2005 00:54

what i mean is to use 300zx brakes, i have and they are internally no different. I have an R33 skyline also and i didn't know their callipers were not interchangeable? the Z32 ones i have on my celica are cast alloy and look physically smaller, at least finer, but the pads are identical.

R33 has 296mm dia brakes, whereas the 300ZX/R32's have 280mm dia. Apart from the mounting points on the R33 caliper, yes , everything else is the same.
rsdeo
Regular

January 2004
Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Wed, 09 March 2005 19:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here we go again.

I just picked up another set of brand new Work rims with good lip.
http://ilkt.com/celicasupra/work5.jpg

http://ilkt.com/celicasupra/work6.jpg
They are a set of 5 wheels, all the same and complete with everything.

White centers.
16x8
5x112 +4 offset
Center bore of 66.5

Yes they are 5x112, but they can easily be machined and inserts pressed in to make them 5x114.3. The center bore is good for Nissan (66.1) and can easily be opened up for Crown (67.1) and Starion (67.1) parts.

[Updated on: Thu, 10 March 2005 00:42]

bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Wed, 09 March 2005 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmmm, they look nice.

What dimensions - width and diameter ?

Dare I ask how much ?

Cheers

Michael B
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Wed, 09 March 2005 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MMmmmmmm they is berry sexy.
rsdeo
Regular

January 2004
Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Thu, 10 March 2005 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 15:48

Hmmmm, they look nice.

What dimensions - width and diameter ?

Dare I ask how much ?

Cheers

Michael B

OOPS! Forgot those important dimensions, 16x8. I edited the post. Price over $1000 for 5, plus the petrol cost to drive 5 hours round trip two times (it's a long story) to finally get them. A steal for brand new forged 2 pce rims. These are the exact same model as the previous set of gold Work wheels I bought and the same dimensions as those rears.

[Updated on: Thu, 10 March 2005 01:14]

rsdeo
Regular

January 2004
Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Mon, 12 September 2005 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Almost perfect fit. Disc will fit perfect on later Z31 hub, slight machining needed for Starion/Conquest hubs and more machining for early Z31, MA61, Crown hubs.

The disc has a diameter of 276mm and is 28mm thick, 4mm and 2mm smaller than ideal. Still the least expensive conversion you will find and everything just bolts on, no machining required. PPBBK plug and play big brake kit.

If ideal front wheel dimensions are 17x8 +10 offset, with this setup it will be 17x8 +20 offset or even up to 17x8 +28 offets. Tons of nice wheels available in 5x114.3 in 17x8 +20 to +28 offset.

Parts list for front (as in pics).

MA67 strut.
Z31 (later) hub.
MPV ('93 4WD) disc.
Z32 caliper and pads.

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/4144/z31mpvz32a3iy.jpg

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/3267/z31mpvz32b6tn.jpg

[Updated on: Mon, 12 September 2005 17:54]

elhsupra
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Mon, 12 September 2005 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So the MPV rotors worked for you. Did the calipers require any spacers. With the Q45 calipers, I needed to put a single spacer about the thickness of one washer. How much more machining did the Z31 hubs require. Starion hubs just needed the angle cut to match on the centrebore of the rotor.
P types have soo much more room for the tire up front compared to L types Sad
My L type:
(205/55-16 16x7 +18)
(225/50-16 16x8 +18)
rsdeo
Regular

January 2004
Re: 5 stud conv. for MA61 - so I can get some decent mags !!!!! Now MA61 BBK :-) Tue, 13 September 2005 04:38 Go to previous message
elhsupra wrote on Mon, 12 September 2005 18:23

So the MPV rotors worked for you. Did the calipers require any spacers. With the Q45 calipers, I needed to put a single spacer about the thickness of one washer. How much more machining did the Z31 hubs require. Starion hubs just needed the angle cut to match on the centrebore of the rotor.
P types have soo much more room for the tire up front compared to L types Sad
My L type:
(205/55-16 16x7 +18)
(225/50-16 16x8 +18)

There is a ~2mm gap between the disc and pad on the outside edge of the caliper because the caliper reqiures a 30mm disc not 28mm. No spacers required really, but easily fabricated if needed.

No machining required at all on the later Z31 hub. The outside edge of the hub fit perfect inside the disc hat.

I suggested the Z31 2 piston caliper an earlier post for the same reason you used the Q45 caliper. I think they are the same. Wheel clearance issues. I just prefer the 4 piston Z32 caliper.

I have the perfect set of Work rims for an Ltype and will fit the Ptye also. I have posted them before.

[Updated on: Tue, 13 September 2005 04:40]

Pages (8): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:diff help please.
Next Topic:SA63 - 5me
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:04:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0096509456634521 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.