Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Playin GT4 Wed, 09 March 2005 10:06 Go to next message
Got my copy of gt4 and my force feedback wheel today, lovin it..
theres quite a few things that annoy me but all in all its good, for those who get it tomorrow I wanna hear what you think. Also what cars you are driving.

My car: Evo 3, modded to the tune of about 260kw or something

The game is really fun as the old ones were, plenty of cars to keep me happy for now

Things that suck:
License tests

The AI, they just ram you and race their own line, they dont react to anything you do

loading times.
  Send a private message to this user    
Garage_KooK
Regular

November 2004
Re: Playin GT4 Wed, 09 March 2005 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how did you get it early????????
and is there sprinters with fix lights???????
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Playin GT4 Wed, 09 March 2005 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Garage_KooK wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 21:11

how did you get it early????????
and is there sprinters with fix lights???????

fix lights?
i havent even looked at toyota yet actually..
couldnt find any good toyota used cars so i got my evo
as for getting it early, the store just rang me up and said "your copy is here, you can come and get it now".. ive actually got 2 copies in my room that are mine atm..
so when they said that, i was crashing through their doors 5 mins later
Garage_KooK
Regular

November 2004
Re: Playin GT4 Wed, 09 March 2005 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i mean not pop up lights like gt3
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Playin GT4 Wed, 09 March 2005 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill have a look. .though it will be used cars.. so they will only turn up every so often
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Playin GT4 Wed, 09 March 2005 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep, theres ones with no pop ups
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Playin GT4 Wed, 09 March 2005 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fuck you....lol, i want the game so bad, i just wanna throw it sideways in something old, is that too much to ask!!
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Playin GT4 Wed, 09 March 2005 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unforgiven wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 21:30

fuck you....lol, i want the game so bad, i just wanna throw it sideways in something old, is that too much to ask!!

i find everything seems to understeer a bit too much at the moment
74gt
Regular

October 2004
Re: Playin GT4 Wed, 09 March 2005 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 21:42

unforgiven wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 21:30

i find everything seems to understeer a bit too much at the moment

you mean is too realistic? Razz

Anyway try changing the tyres...works a treat!
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Playin GT4 Wed, 09 March 2005 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the game isnt the slightest bit realistic
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Playin GT4 Wed, 09 March 2005 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ARGH stop sayign bad stuff now u r just ruining it... i have waited since GT3 for a game like this and all u can say is bad stuff Mad just be happy for the fact that they put the CElica XX in it
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Playin GT4 Wed, 09 March 2005 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i did say i was loving it
westlife
Regular

September 2003
Re: Playin GT4 Wed, 09 March 2005 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/press_release.php?aid =7285

Going on that review it must be pretty realistic Cool
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Playin GT4 Wed, 09 March 2005 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
now you see that, then go read a forza vs gt4 discussion
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Playin GT4 Wed, 09 March 2005 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its liek comparing Windows to Mac 2 different things but similar
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: Playin GT4 Wed, 09 March 2005 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Back in the GT2 days, it was considered realistic, cause compared to what else was on the market, it WAS the MOST realistic at the time... Not much has changed since GT2 so its roughly the same game with better graphics and more cars, there are other products on the market now that are far more realistic but have a limited selection of cars. That being said, I think the Gran Turismo series is a bit of a gimmick rather than a solid game its got a heap of content but its not revolutionary in any way. In fact its not even that much fun to play, its just like a huge interactive magazine... anyone else agree?

That being said, I want Gran Turismo 4 because it has my car in it (basically), so I'm still excited!
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Playin GT4 Wed, 09 March 2005 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
na it is fun because it imatates realism... its not everyday u can throw hundreds of thousands at an MA61 to get it close to 400hp!!! and pull some crazt drifts for only $100!!
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: Playin GT4 Wed, 09 March 2005 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I still like the game, but I find myself getting tired of it quickly, mainly due to the WIDE ASS tracks, lack of AI, hell of a lot of understeer until you put realism tires on, lack of skidders and proper stacks etc. That tire skidding sound seriously makes my penis go soft too, that needs to be fixed, NOW! I feel like i'm in a bit of a barry-bumpercar when I lose it and stack into a wall at 80km's and bounce into the centre of the track still facing the same direction only to be rear-ended back up to speed by the "monorail" that is the computer cars.

Rolling Eyes
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Playin GT4 Wed, 09 March 2005 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL i agree with all of wat u said.. i would love to take a fully sick R34 GTR and plant it into a wall at 400 and wathc it turn to dust!!
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Playin GT4 Wed, 09 March 2005 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rainey wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 23:42

Back in the GT2 days, it was considered realistic, cause compared to what else was on the market, it WAS the MOST realistic at the time... Not much has changed since GT2 so its roughly the same game with better graphics and more cars, there are other products on the market now that are far more realistic but have a limited selection of cars. That being said, I think the Gran Turismo series is a bit of a gimmick rather than a solid game its got a heap of content but its not revolutionary in any way. In fact its not even that much fun to play, its just like a huge interactive magazine... anyone else agree?

That being said, I want Gran Turismo 4 because it has my car in it (basically), so I'm still excited!

what he said
the tyure screeching noise is on every corner!!!
just got the 2nd biggest turbo, im killing them now
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Playin GT4 Wed, 09 March 2005 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get the 5ME for it... then u r sure to win... i bet u will $20 in fact
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Playin GT4 Wed, 09 March 2005 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
westlife wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 22:46

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/press_release.php?aid =7285

Going on that review it must be pretty realistic Cool

According to the article it has "better-than-real-life graphics".

ahem, no No No No
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Playin GT4 Wed, 09 March 2005 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I personally think Forza is gunna be pretty damn sensational. The demo is pretty average because you can't do 1/1000th of what you can in the game.
jese1218
Regular

March 2005
Re: Playin GT4 Wed, 09 March 2005 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i want i want!!
hopefully getn a PS2 soon and GT4.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Playin GT4 Wed, 09 March 2005 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AI and the lack of competitors lacks in almost evry racing game, there are two few competitors, the only game with a decent amount is V8 20 car races make for much more entertainment however it affects overall graphics quality, that being said V8 version one was still a joke cos they were so slow anyway.
I want a game with say 10-15 racers in it with decent ai that actually challenges me.
A great game on computer for this a couple of years ago was sports car GT, plenty of cars in a race and you could make it harder and almost level with your ability if you wanted
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Playin GT4 Wed, 09 March 2005 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea i find Gran turismo a bit soft in regards to difficulty. I find with my 750hp JZA80 i can blow anything away even in the Turbo Races, but then goto the GT Cup and they fucking tread on me!!
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: Playin GT4 Wed, 09 March 2005 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree with the previous post regarding Sports Car GT, I still play that game sometimes. Each Christmas Eve at work we hold whats called "Network Testing" and everyone races each other in Sports Car GT, its great fun and everyone gets involved!

Other realistic games worth mention are:
Project Gotham Racing 1 & 2
Nascar Racing 2002
Richard Burns Rally (no AI but great physics)

So who's got Trizzy now!?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Playin GT4 Wed, 09 March 2005 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah love gotham got 1 and 2 only number 2 works though, physics are pretty good and so is ai but not enough racers. great fun sliding round tracks or racing fav car has to be ferarri GTB4, my friend can race a modena and I still kick him in that car.
Gotta love the nurburgring, although the last race is a bitch cos one mistake and over 20 minutes of gameplay can be ruined., trust me on platinum I had a good lead and spun on the last lap quite close to the end of the lap and came second, which means you don't unlock all the goodies I am yet to win that race.

When we got our new computer last year I put on Sports car again, only fault with that game is that most wheels / controllers cause it to crash.
nothing beats a fully modded maclaren f1, although that skinny car forgot its name is pretty quick too if you know how to drive it.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Playin GT4 Wed, 09 March 2005 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i only got xbox and computer so looks like I have to wait for Forza to come out stupid delays. Mad
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 10 March 2005 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I play gotham 2 still, my boss was one of the 3d artists on the game, i say its AI is a lot better than gt4 and its driving model was a little bit better.
one thing it cannot have a hope in hell to match is the force feedback, its simply amazing..
basically, if you get gt4 and you dont get force feedback, your ruining the experience for yourself.
I drove the f6 typhoon around the nurburgring, my 1st full lap of it in a long time, 8 and a half minutes which isnt too bad
When you all get it today, tell me what cars you started with, what you think and how you are going
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 10 March 2005 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Me: PC & Xbox
Fiancee: PS2

Me: Very Happy

GT4 doesn't have AI, it can't be classed as any form of AI, its just a rubberband-like monorail with automatic ketchup (catchup). Project Gotham has good AI, the race feels like it's unfolding and cars attack eachother and yourself which sometimes causes accidents both among themselves and with you. Great fun.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 10 March 2005 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i want to see damage in GT4... that why u would be more inclided to race properly.... when i get bored of the other GT's series i just try to see hwo fast i can take corners and end up taking some tighter corners at over 150k's per hour only to hit a wall and bounce around hte place.. very lame i think damage would b insane
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 10 March 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yea, it needs some sort of realistic penalty for driving like a retard. Either by damage or at least proper collision physics, none of this lame 10sec penalty... Ugh..
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 10 March 2005 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its not even that.. u just slow down thats it.. even if the car didn't have damge on teh car.. u should have to pay to have it repaired else your car steers like shit if u have the wheels damaged, like it could steer off to one side of the road.. or your lose engine power or acceleration or top speed.. if u r with me it would just make the ghame slightly more challenging and realistic!
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 10 March 2005 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You guys need to try Live for Speed on the PC with a decent steering wheel...

supports analog clutches too... I remember seeing someone who made a home-made five-speed gearshift as well, and got it working with the game Very Happy

Live for speed is one of the more realistic games you'll try... Doesn't have panel damage (least last time I played it, around 6 months ago, theres much a newer version out now of course) but you do damage your engine through overrevving it and such... tyre wear etc

Check it out Smile

www.liveforspeed.net
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 10 March 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had one race where i just couldnt win, i understeered off a corner and jsut went straight to meet up with the other track and won the race haha.. cheap as
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 10 March 2005 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahhaha nice work... i hear that this GT u need fuel is that true ?
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 10 March 2005 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Thu, 10 March 2005 13:02

You guys need to try Live for Speed on the PC with a decent steering wheel...

supports analog clutches too... I remember seeing someone who made a home-made five-speed gearshift as well, and got it working with the game Very Happy

Live for speed is one of the more realistic games you'll try... Doesn't have panel damage (least last time I played it, around 6 months ago, theres much a newer version out now of course) but you do damage your engine through overrevving it and such... tyre wear etc

Check it out Smile

www.liveforspeed.net

live for speed is alright.. but the lack of real cars made me get bored
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 10 March 2005 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeha understeer is pretty prevalant. I got an fpv f6 typhoon for my first car, did stage 2 turbo, better brakes, exhaust and chip. One thing i did notice is that on changing units from BHP to Kw, some screens don't convert from BHP. For example once i had finished tuning i apparently had made an F6 with 586 kW??, same thing for the garage.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 10 March 2005 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice ... almost as much power as the 5ME!!!
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 10 March 2005 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD_Supra wrote on Thu, 10 March 2005 13:10

i like your style mate:)

we've got a 5M-E club on the cressida forums... i'd like to make you an honourary member Razz Surprised Laughing
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 10 March 2005 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe if divide it by five then take another 80 off Razz Razz
enough with the 5me jokes they just aren't funny anymore.
PS how's the clutch holding up on the Typhoon. Razz
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 10 March 2005 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Thu, 10 March 2005 13:15

TRD_Supra wrote on Thu, 10 March 2005 13:10

i like your style mate:)

we've got a 5M-E club on the cressida forums... i'd like to make you an honourary member Razz Surprised Laughing

i would be delighted can i have a link plz i am thikning about twin turboing the 5ME it just has so much potential!
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 10 March 2005 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've played Live For Speed before, and although I did enjoy that, it just isn't polished enough for my likings and like Jag7799 said, it lacks real cars which takes away a bit too much from the whole realism factor.
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 10 March 2005 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well strangley enough i think they must have seen the problem caus the version i drive is only a 5 speed. I know i'll put in in auto so the car can handle teh awesome torque!!!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 10 March 2005 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The typhoon is only available in the 6 speed though, and the gearbox isn't the problem it's the clutch, they are now trialling parts from an F50 that have been modified adn hop to rectify the problem. The five speed would shit itself under that much torque hence them changing to the T56
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 10 March 2005 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
First eva doriftu!

http://www.gtplanet.net/gallery/gt4hr/110469438792 1o

*fixed*

[Updated on: Thu, 10 March 2005 06:11]

Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 10 March 2005 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evan wrote on Thu, 10 March 2005 14:33

First eva doriftu!

http://www.gtplanet.net/gallery/photos/gt4hr/1104694387921o.sized.jpg

Perhaps I need glasses, no "doriftu" there
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 10 March 2005 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I just sold my evo 2 with 400 kw and some suspension upgrades for a basically stock evo 8, and my evo 8 is HEAPS faster around a track, lots less understeer, i think km's ont he car help?
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 10 March 2005 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you just transfer your money and licences to GT4 theres no fun in the game, I grew bored of it in about 15 minutes with 110,000 credits and all the licences...

So I restarted with 10k and no licences and am working my way up...

BTW: its more realistic, the cars dont understeer more, you've just got the total wrong technique, dont take the corners so hard you'll find you do much better just trying to drive smoothly, not go at it like your the drift king...
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 10 March 2005 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
79rollaboy wrote on Thu, 10 March 2005 18:13

If you just transfer your money and licences to GT4 theres no fun in the game, I grew bored of it in about 15 minutes with 110,000 credits and all the licences...

So I restarted with 10k and no licences and am working my way up...

BTW: its more realistic, the cars dont understeer more, you've just got the total wrong technique, dont take the corners so hard you'll find you do much better just trying to drive smoothly, not go at it like your the drift king...

its not that, it was my evo 2, i think k's affect cars and it had alot, replaced it with an evo 8 and it goes hard.
I started from scratch
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 10 March 2005 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rainey wrote on Thu, 10 March 2005 08:20

GT4 doesn't have AI, it can't be classed as any form of AI, its just a rubberband-like monorail with automatic ketchup (catchup). Project Gotham has good AI, the race feels like it's unfolding and cars attack eachother and yourself which sometimes causes accidents both among themselves and with you. Great fun.

Me = ps2 xbox and 2 computers
Me = :/

i love game consoles, the only thing i DONT like is HALO GOT RELEASED ON PC, WTF?

"ONLY ON XBOX"

means only on xbox.

i have yet to play gt4, but im sitting here looking at the game wanting to go home and slot it into the station. farking tafe!

Cheers,

Eldar.O.
jese1218
Regular

March 2005
Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 10 March 2005 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is GT4's arcade mode a little unrealistic to anyone else??
I got a PS2..but dont have a mem card yet..so i can only play arcade mode for the moment.
Seems unrealistic to me. Most cars feel very heavy..understeer alot and don't to doughnuts or anything. Steering is unresponsive and even the fastest of car seem hard to do drift. The physics and realism seem reduced somewhat.

Any one else experience this?
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 10 March 2005 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont think it changes to the sim mode...
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 10 March 2005 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so you cant buy a jza80 new from toyota...
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 10 March 2005 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Thu, 10 March 2005 18:26

Rainey wrote on Thu, 10 March 2005 08:20

Me = ps2 xbox and 2 computers
Me = :/

i love game consoles, the only thing i DONT like is HALO GOT RELEASED ON PC, WTF?

"ONLY ON XBOX"

means only on xbox.

i have yet to play gt4, but im sitting here looking at the game wanting to go home and slot it into the station. farking tafe!

Cheers,

Eldar.O.

Maybe some of us don't feel like buying another PC (Xbox) so why not release Halo on the PC. I'm sure it doesn't really hurt you in anyway.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 10 March 2005 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so back to the original topic
what cars are u driving
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 10 March 2005 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive been playing it tonight i really liked it especially since they have a aw11 sc g-limited Very Happy which im driving ofcourse.

upgrades so far

lvl 1 suspension
Sports exhaust
racing flywheel
large single clutch
rims
oil change
computer chip

power 150hp

its prettey much what my car is like in real life Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 10 March 2005 11:03]

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 10 March 2005 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Thu, 10 March 2005 22:00

ive been playing it tonight i really liked it especially since they have a aw11 sc g-limited Very Happy which im driving ofcourse.

does that go any good?.. i was thinking about getting one for my 1st car
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 10 March 2005 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
yeah its ok i havent tried anything else but stock it beats everything in the beginner stuff but i guess any car will do in there. needs more power for the MR races. handles very nicly tho
Pages (6): [1  2  3  4  5  6  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Retreads in Sydney
Next Topic:My Stolen SX Hatch - if u see it, please call the police
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 03:51:11 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0095851421356201 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.