Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

what colour ....KE20 Thu, 10 March 2005 06:19 Go to next message
I have fixed the rear 1/4 on my ke20 but the paint on the rest of the car is stuffed so I have to do something with the rest of it.
Now it was white from what I can tell,under the bonnet is black with crows feetand the body and dash is blue (metalic) with crows feet on the out side.
So do I stick with a blue colour( I don't know what it is) or do I go for something completly different.
I don't want a metalic at all,it's not going to be a show car but I don't want to be pulled over because it looks like a shit heap. OH and it will more than likely get done at home
  Send a private message to this user    
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: what colour ....KE20 Thu, 10 March 2005 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Personal preference dude,...

I am painting my KE20 white, as it is practical, cheap and it covers all the imperfections Very Happy
kdogg
Regular

November 2004
Re: what colour ....KE20 Thu, 10 March 2005 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am painting mine "blueprint" from the new fords.
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: what colour ....KE20 Thu, 10 March 2005 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soaringmik wrote on Thu, 10 March 2005 17:26

I am painting my KE20 white, as it is practical, cheap and it covers all the imperfections Very Happy

very sad
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: what colour ....KE20 Thu, 10 March 2005 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cressida Chick wrote on Thu, 10 March 2005 19:31

very sad

???,.. how?

It is far from a show car and it's a 32 yo corolla, Why would I take out a loan to paint it??

Although i will be making the car very reliable and fun to drive, I don't see any point in spending mega bucks on aesthetics,..

Personal Preference Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 10 March 2005 08:48]

Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: what colour ....KE20 Thu, 10 March 2005 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
soaringmik wrote on Thu, 10 March 2005 19:46

Cressida Chick wrote on Thu, 10 March 2005 19:31

very sad

???,.. how?

It is far from a show car and it's a 32 yo corolla, Why would I take out a loan to paint it??

Although i will be making the car very reliable and fun to drive, I don't see any point in spending mega bucks on aesthetics,..

Personal Preference Smile

Yeah personal preference would be the go. I'd say white as well its good for covering up stuff. Dents aren't as noticable.
Mine's Canary not by choice tho but its is growing on me.
Michael
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: what colour ....KE20 Sun, 13 March 2005 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the colour its in is called "Blue Pearl"

I was always thinking it would look great in a deep green colour, however, I suppose most paint jobs are a matter of personal preference.

You can always respray that part of the dash to match the new paintjob... and it would be a good excuse to neaten up some of dicks wiring Very Happy
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: what colour ....KE20 Mon, 14 March 2005 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well I have decided on a colour and it's not blue, I'm hopefully going to find out tomorrow if it is still made and then it will be painted. All I can say at this stage is that it won't be easily missed....I have the feeling that most people will blow out at the colour....
God dam I hope I can get it at the right price.
I don't know of any other street car painted the same colour so I don't want to say what it is ATM......Stay tuned......
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: what colour ....KE20 Mon, 14 March 2005 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do you need to get out a loan? Very Happy
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: what colour ....KE20 Mon, 14 March 2005 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs there has been a fair bit of the wiring fixed or ejected all ready from under the dash, the carpet and the boot.Just have to do the engine bay and a little more under the dash on the drivers side
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: what colour ....KE20 Mon, 14 March 2005 08:59 Go to previous message
dam cressida chick is quick tonight, no way am I getting a loan at this stage Confused Body is not a big consern for the moment, this 1 is more about getting the motor,brakes and handling right and having some fun but I want it to look OK so I don't have hassels try to get it passed for different events or have too many hassels on the road mind you the colour might stuff that for me, who knows
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Turbo Vs Super Charger
Next Topic:what rims?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 15:36:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061588287353516 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.