Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Help buying car:Eunos 30X Thu, 10 March 2005 06:15 Go to next message
Hey guys my gf has her heart set on buying a Eunos 30x after she found a pic of one in the tradey - i know its not a toyota but do you guys know of any pitfalls or things to look out for in these models?

The only thing i know about them is that they are basically a mazda(share same engine and chassis) and have a 1.8lt V6, are FWD and handle very nicely. Do they come in a 4cyl?

I'll do the usual smokey startup, rust checks, clunks, leaks etc etc but any model specific things?

THanx guys, any help would be greatly appreciated
  Send a private message to this user    
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Help buying car:Eunos 30X Thu, 10 March 2005 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've heard they're not the best, family friends had one and got rid of it in favour of a new corolla
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Help buying car:Eunos 30X Thu, 10 March 2005 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my best mates dad has one, strut brace and slighly wider tyres. Go kart on steriods.

I had that thing to a little over 200 but you have to rev them to go any where, doesn't start to make real power til bout 4 grand.

Big bucks to repair them though not much room in the engine bay every thing is virtually an engine out job to fix. I know it cost them a packet to do the timing belt on theirs.

bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Help buying car:Eunos 30X Thu, 10 March 2005 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My missus has one, and agree with Stitt, they are great little cars but need to rev.

Make sure the servicing is done. Ours just had the waterpump replaced with the timing belt job, and the normal cost would have been $1000 for the whole service, but we knocked them down as they didn't ask us about the WP.

Only other problem apart from being no good for 6' people is they have a small petrol tank.

Don't get an auto.
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Help buying car:Eunos 30X Thu, 10 March 2005 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they are the smallest V6 engine in the world Razz and no 4 Cly no a few people with them, definately a chicks car.
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Help buying car:Eunos 30X Thu, 10 March 2005 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would suggest against it but its your GFs decision. no power, expensive... i looked into these once and will never look at it again Rolling Eyes
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Help buying car:Eunos 30X Thu, 10 March 2005 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Definitely a go-kart on steroids. I agree with the needing to Rev too but i thought that the one a drove had a bit of torque and some power - its geared pretty high so im not sure what it would sit on in 5th at 100kmh. Yeah its had the servicing done- timing belt, water pump, crank seal and rocker cover gaskets, clutch isnt that old either and it had the CVs done too.

For RWC it apparently needs shocks and tyres. Tyres would be a little touch and go and might pass if i were tol take it to a smaller workshop, but i couldnt fault the shocks. There were no clunks and it seemed to take the rough roads that i took it over very well.Heaps better than my car in fact.

Still, its her money, she wants one and i can only help find one that is in good nick and has had the little jobs done. Plus it has done 212k but it sure didnt feel or sound like it. I think the car would suit her well but i just hope she doesnt have to do any work to it....

Thanx for your input guys
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Help buying car:Eunos 30X Thu, 10 March 2005 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My missus one has done only 101,000km and is an early 97 model.

They rev at a shade over 3000 rpm at 100km/hr.

Disagree with the power comment by Fade-e, but each to their own. They are a nice looking car, a bit unique, but handle well for a FWD with good tyres.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Help buying car:Eunos 30X Thu, 10 March 2005 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
one was chasing me in the red supra yesterday... but he gave up and turned off pretty quickly.. Laughing

we used to have one, it seemed pretty cool but i was young and didn't really care about cars back then... (except porsches)

dad seemed to think it was a great car though Very Happy
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Help buying car:Eunos 30X Mon, 14 March 2005 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they are cheap as chips ... for what u get i think
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Help buying car:Eunos 30X Mon, 14 March 2005 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One of the tricks to get more grunt that they do in the States is to slot in the MX6 motor (2.5 litre and 150kW) and apparently it slots in pretty well.

Visually you can't tell the difference as they look exactly the same. Nice stealth conversion !!!!
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Help buying car:Eunos 30X Tue, 15 March 2005 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone else have one ?
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Help buying car:Eunos 30X Tue, 15 March 2005 05:38 Go to previous message
Well i dont think she'll be doing any engine conversions but i'll try and talk her into it or at least a rebuild with a snail involved!!! Starters im doing a stereo this saturday for her and a K&N panel filter.Later down the track i'll get a full exhaust system on it but i think that will do it. The only bitch is there's next to no aftermarket products for them and OEM is exy as.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:8-10K to Spend...What Car?
Next Topic:miles to km's
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 11:38:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.18787312507629 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.