Toymods » Tech & Conversions » the answers to choose spring rate correctly

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Acoustic
Regular

November 2003
the answers to choose spring rate correctly Thu, 10 March 2005 16:59 Go to next message
http://www.my-acoustic.com/Car/handling_secrets/sp ring_rate/how_choose_spring.htm
  Send a private message to this user    
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: the answers to choose spring rate correctly Thu, 10 March 2005 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol

[Updated on: Fri, 11 March 2005 08:19]

TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: the answers to choose spring rate correctly Thu, 10 March 2005 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats a bit harsh! Have you checked his site? Everything is DIY its very cool I think.
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: the answers to choose spring rate correctly Thu, 10 March 2005 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i disagree, i recon its a great effort and good work mate
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: the answers to choose spring rate correctly Thu, 10 March 2005 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I assume the loser comment is about posting a technical article in the for sale section.

Moving it to tech and conversions now.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: the answers to choose spring rate correctly Thu, 10 March 2005 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh ok well if thats what he meant ok.
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: the answers to choose spring rate correctly Thu, 10 March 2005 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice big Titan advert Laughing , there no way you can make assumptions on if a car will understeer/oversteer just on spring rate .

Theres to many points missing , like what engine the ke70 had effecting it's weight distribution over stock ? , corner weight loads , Roll bar / Sway bar rates , suspension geometry , ride height , roll centers , tyres , rim offsets , track , wheel base , aerodynamics of the car , and most of all driver technique Rolling Eyes

Really where is all the working out of these area's ? not just throw in harder springs it will handle no matter what other modification's have occurred .

http://www.my-acoustic.com/Car/handling_secrets/re ar_stabilizer_bar/rear_stabilizer_bar.htm

This is some scary shit , welding to a rusted out ke70 rear rail , the result of the bracket breaking off when cornering at high speed will no doubt lead to complete loss of control .

[Updated on: Thu, 10 March 2005 22:29]

fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: the answers to choose spring rate correctly Thu, 10 March 2005 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
improvedae86 wrote on Fri, 11 March 2005 09:23

Nice big Titan advert Laughing , there no way you can make assumptions on if a car will understeer/oversteer just on spring rate .

Theres to many points missing , like what engine the ke70 had effecting it's weight distribution over stock ? , corner weight loads , Roll bar / Sway bar rates , suspension geometry , ride height , roll centers , tyres , rim offsets , track , wheel base , aerodynamics of the car , and most of all driver technique Rolling Eyes

Really where is all the working out of these area's ? not just throw in harder springs it will handle no matter what other modification's have occurred .

yes but if you read at the end he actually mentions that! also i found that the point of the page was to give people a rough estimate on choosing spring rates and not the actual ones people should use.

he went some effort deciding what suited him for his car and im sure he spent a bit of money too, if you guys really read the page properly you would have read that he mentions different settings and weight dist.

mate from me GOOD STUFF, but there are always people who want to find the smallest problem and work it up!!!!
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: the answers to choose spring rate correctly Thu, 10 March 2005 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why titan title it " the answers to choose spring rate correctly " or "handling secrets " then ? i read the title and was thinking i was instantly going be able to get a ke70 to handle Laughing
Acoustic
Regular

November 2003
Re: the answers to choose spring rate correctly Fri, 11 March 2005 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi guys

Again, first sorry to Joshtix (admin/moderator) for posting at the wrong place Sad

Second, Thanks to TurboRA28 and fade-e for the kind words.

Then to answer improvedae86: -

1st it's not a TiTAN advert, it could have been other brands. But since no other companies will serve customer like me,

A) KE70 wish to have rear coilover
B) AE101 Superstrut suspension
etc

And that TiTAN was the only one willing to customize for us at same price as other cars without extra charge, hence it's name is all over my site.

i.e. I bought my TiTAN Suspension at Ringgit Malaysia 2,800 = 942 AUS $$$

I also received all changes of coils and re-valve / re-stroke / re-pressurized and whatever for free after that.

OK OK, may be because I've recommended allot of people there, like nearly 100 customers so I got a little bit better services........

I don't get commission what-so-ever. Not even for writing articles and putting their names on my site.

Still all customers are allowed 2 times complete setting changes, like complete all 4 coil changes and complete all 4 absorbers re-work. 2 complete cycles.

It's a great package if you ask me. Can't help not mentioning it and hence looks like advertising it. But please realise I'm not doing it to advertise it because I don't gain anything out of it. I'm just sharing a good deal and not keeping it to myself. Seriously.

BTW, last note, future complete setting changes only cost RM400 = Aus $ 134 (dirt cheap if you ask me)

And why do I label it "handling secrets"

Because I couldn't find such information from the web. I could have gotten the setup I wish for quicker...... without going through so much self exploration ....

Anyway, it's also a name to attract readers Smile ahhahaahahh

Still I think no similar info is available on net. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

To discuss with fade-e

Yes, it's only a method which may help. I wrote it especially for local enthusiasts because allot buy stuff without thiking unlike Australians and US boys.

Our majority enthusiast level is not as high a standard as you guys and I hope to provide my experience for them.

Only a minority are really good and they don't share they experience Sad

This is why I don't post overseas much like here and club4ag, because most of the topics are really hardcore and I don't have the knowledge or answers most of the times.

Also, I tend to investigate things which no one has publish on the net.

Regarding spring rate. Certainly if all public roads were as flat as race track then everyone could use ridiculous strong spring rate Smile

But not Malaysia public roads, hence those spring rate are more suitable over here. My personally prefererence for now.

I've been told from friends who lived in Australia that roads condition are much better than Malaysia and hence stronger spring rate may be suitable....

And regarding the $$$ part, I guess I have answer above to improvedae86.

toyotakia
Occasional Poster

October 2004

Re: the answers to choose spring rate correctly Fri, 11 March 2005 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
acoustic is not a looser Confused all the info found on his site is actually quite useful, since i can't find a better KE70 site.

Most important thing of all is that some parts in Malaysia there isn't any experience tuner at all, like my home town, or at least for tuning KE70 (Honda's tuner is everywhere Sad ), there is a few, but only good in making KE70 drag car, for going straight...

so, for KE70 owner like me who have no idea where to start and who to look for for mods, his site is actually very informative. alot of us are amateurs without mechanical skill (and some people don't even know how to check engine oil level Shocked ), unlike modders from Australia or other western country who can really do all the work themselves. we are resorted to get the info from his site and go to the nearest mech that you visit to service your car and tell them what to do according to the info.

about the suspension, yes the road condition here is really bad, for some stretches of road at least, and i bet the road condition at where i live is worse than where acoustic lives. how bad it is? well, there's a short downhill road which i need to go through all the time to go to the movies, just roughly 150 yards long, not very steep, i drive through there at 60km/h and i lost my front wheel's alignment or whatever you call it, can't go straight, the road is full of potholes and bumps, and its getting worse, now i drive through there at 40km/h max Razz

so i guess the suspension setting found on his site is suited for Malaysian road. you can't say you will go for harder spring rate or something and avoid the bumpy roads because you can't.

I'm not here to back acoustic up, but just want to say his effort should be appreciated, maybe not to everybody, but someone will definitely find the information useful, and he doesn't deserved such harsh word. Smile
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: the answers to choose spring rate correctly Fri, 11 March 2005 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool site nice work acoustic
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: the answers to choose spring rate correctly Fri, 11 March 2005 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joshstix wrote on Fri, 11 March 2005 08:36

I assume the loser comment is about posting a technical article in the for sale section.

Moving it to tech and conversions now.

yes, thats why i said that. didnt mean any offence... it just gets annoying thats all.
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: the answers to choose spring rate correctly Sat, 12 March 2005 10:50 Go to previous message
Good work Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:JZX81 Struts Q
Next Topic:clutch for a AE101 4AGZE
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 22:15:31 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052769184112549 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.