Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » touch up paint: where to get it (or total waste of time and money?)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
froodogs
Regular

October 2002
touch up paint: where to get it (or total waste of time and money?) Wed, 27 November 2002 05:01 Go to next message
sprinter has some rust spots, but i cbf doing a total respray. i just want to get rid of the rusty bits.

so i was more or less thinking:

a) sand back/cut out the rust
b) apply touch up paint
c) grin at the fact that by virtue of making it uglier i am also making my car more of a sleeper.

so the questions are... how good a job can touch up paint do (in the hands of an amateur), where can i get it, and how much will it cost me?

i'd rather have a few mismatched patches of white than rapidly spreading rust spots...
  Send a private message to this user    
LadySX
Regular

May 2002
Re: touch up paint: where to get it (or total waste of time and money?) Wed, 27 November 2002 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buy a spray can! Laughing
froodogs
Regular

October 2002
Re: touch up paint: where to get it (or total waste of time and money?) Wed, 27 November 2002 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meh... it's not THAT absurd...

all i want to do is cut the rust out and cover it up with something vaguely white. it's not a total joke... Very Happy
cam_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
haha, funny little head!
Re: touch up paint: where to get it (or total waste of time and money?) Wed, 27 November 2002 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been in the process of doing the same thing on my old KE30 for the last few days. All i did is get a sample of the colour from one of the bad spots and walk in to big W and match the colour, only cost $7.40 for a small can and a bit more for some bog and fibre glass. What i've completed of the rapair job so far isn't noticable unless you are really looking for it and i'm hardly a professional. A KE30 with a 4K is hardly a sleeper anyhow Wink

Someone mentioned about wearing through the skin of their hands the other day, I can totally relate to this unfortunately Sad I'd better have a couple of days off to let the skin grow back now.
driftar32
Newcomer

November 2002
Re: touch up paint: where to get it (or total waste of time and money?) Tue, 04 November 2003 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is this so u can sell your car for more afrodog ?

how ocme u never got back to me with a time, u lo9oking to jack the price up again ?
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: touch up paint: where to get it (or total waste of time and money?) Tue, 04 November 2003 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Might try this myself when time prevails. The small spots on my Sprinter are all in obscure places where you wouldnt notice the different colour (wont be able to perfectly match) but it would look better.
hotrolla
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: touch up paint: where to get it (or total waste of time and money?) Tue, 04 November 2003 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats an old post Surprised
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: touch up paint: where to get it (or total waste of time and money?) Tue, 04 November 2003 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow it is too Laughing
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: touch up paint: where to get it (or total waste of time and money?) Wed, 05 November 2003 02:01 Go to previous message
By almost a year thats some deep digging. Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:FLYNSX WILL IT EVER COME OUT IN FAST FOURS MAGAZINE???
Next Topic:final supra mag post - *photoshopped*
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:00:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0069229602813721 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.