Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

brake clearance on ma61 rears Sat, 12 March 2005 10:34 Go to next message
ok, weird question, but what is the brake clearance required on the back of a ma61 (stock discs, calipers to clear rims). Putting my order in to simmons on monday, and I wanna make sure I get everything exactly right. would suck HUGE arseto get my massif dong rims and have them not fit!
  Send a private message to this user    
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: brake clearance on ma61 rears Sat, 12 March 2005 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so you are just after an offset then are you not?
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: brake clearance on ma61 rears Sat, 12 March 2005 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why dont you measure the backspace you need and work it out from there?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: brake clearance on ma61 rears Sat, 12 March 2005 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
was just wondering if anyone knew off the top of their heads

I'm assuming just asking for a 0 offset in just about any wheel style will clear those pissy little things
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: brake clearance on ma61 rears Sat, 12 March 2005 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why dont you just go to celica supra forums im sure there are a stack of guys with 17's on their cars and im sure 10+ and 0 offsets were the numbers thrown around.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: brake clearance on ma61 rears Sat, 12 March 2005 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes
but I'm interested in what depth centre piece to get, and how much to get machined off it, to get max dish.
coz simmons do 0-60mm caliper clearance
rsdeo
Regular

January 2004
Re: brake clearance on ma61 rears Sat, 12 March 2005 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Sat, 12 March 2005 06:05

yes
but I'm interested in what depth centre piece to get, and how much to get machined off it, to get max dish.
coz simmons do 0-60mm caliper clearance

Front 17x8 +10, rear 17x9 +0.

As for caliper clearance, I think you have no worries. If remember correctly the rear calipers front face sits back from the disc hat space.

Just remove a rear wheel and put a straight edge on the rear disc hat face. You can take your measurement from that.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: brake clearance on ma61 rears Sat, 12 March 2005 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah what he said... the discs have a big hat thanks to internal drum, and the calipers are pretty small. I seriously doubt you'll have any dramas.
rsdeo
Regular

January 2004
Re: brake clearance on ma61 rears Sat, 12 March 2005 17:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep

http://mk31.image.pbase.com/u25/silvermk2/large/15100279.DSCN0301.jpg

I would be more concerned about the front. If you are even thinking of going with a large caliper upgrade there then see if you can have at least 1" to 1.5" distance from the wheel spokes to the hub mounting surface of the wheel. You will lose about 1" of lip, but it will be worth it.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: brake clearance on ma61 rears Sat, 12 March 2005 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
already got skyline rotors and calipers.
simmons fronts with +16 offset have a 43mm brake clearance... the skyline calipersonly need ~36mm, so I'll be fine.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: brake clearance on ma61 rears Sun, 13 March 2005 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Greg,

Unless you do a rear caliper conversopn such as mine, then you'll need SFA caliper clearance.

If you do however, you'll need about 40mm caliper clearance, but judging from Norbs experiences (and a quick ride in his car), the rear disc conversion is not required.

Hurry up and get them and show us some pics .....

PS What is the latest re the gearstick boots ?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: brake clearance on ma61 rears Sun, 13 March 2005 23:23 Go to previous message
if the guy is answering his phone today, I'll be heading round there. got today and tomorrow off work (finally!) so everything car related is getting worked on Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1JZ Wiring Diagram
Next Topic:Welding together a wake tower
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:43:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0063350200653076 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.