Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » drifting on TV now !

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
toyoda
Regular

November 2003
drifting on TV now ! Sun, 13 March 2005 01:21 Go to next message
drifting on channel SBS,

its the autobarn drift comp. Very Happy
really well done 2 not jst clips of them drifting, it has the ranking and everything like a real race haha Very Happy
  Send a private message to this user    
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: drifting on TV now ! Sun, 13 March 2005 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im in SA so it should be on soon Smile
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: drifting on TV now ! Sun, 13 March 2005 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You've gotta love speed week.
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: drifting on TV now ! Sun, 13 March 2005 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just saw it, awesome! full pro coverage, driver photos, point scoring, commentary.

Although the latter was kinda lacking. The commentators were knowledgable but they wernt into it enough. Its not golf... It needs to be something akin to Ray Warren onfire while someone is scoring a length of the field try.

TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: drifting on TV now ! Sun, 13 March 2005 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea i agree it was a bit lame... although the drifting wasn't too bad... a few too many nissans for my liking, plus australian drifting + commentating doens't have the same feel as japanese drifting.. not being able to understand the commentry (as in japanese commentry) is part of the fun.. jsut watching them go nuts..
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: drifting on TV now ! Sun, 13 March 2005 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i watched it was pretty good, gotta agree with peeps comments about the ute he's pretty average he relies a lot on the power of the car to drift rather than driving skills and handling balance and he can't achieve the great angles of the others.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
shame the commentary takes over the sound, i wanna hear rubber and engines revving there tits off damnit
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: drifting on TV now ! Sun, 13 March 2005 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
those formula 1 style cars are just fucking boring
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: drifting on TV now ! Sun, 13 March 2005 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"So Robbie Bolger, why a holden ute, in such a japanese dominated sport?"

"Well, someones gotta show em how to do it"

Riiiiight.... whatever dickhead Rolling Eyes
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: drifting on TV now ! Sun, 13 March 2005 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone tape it, or know when speedweek gets re-run?

I agree with Corona about the sound. Its good because its the first major feature of drift on Australian TV. So I dont want to focus on the cons. But The camera angles could be a hell of a lot better.. Guess Wakefield is too open a course.

I'd love to see coverage at driftland Smile But yeh, actually hearing the cars + close camera coverage + yelling commentators and it wouldve been perfect.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: drifting on TV now ! Sun, 13 March 2005 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i taped it cos there was a tape already in my vcr buts its like half way thru the tape cos it wasn't rewound and the reception was pretty shoddy, but i just taped iy so i can watch again later. but yes need more sound
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: drifting on TV now ! Sun, 13 March 2005 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
holden + drift = nothing there is no such thing, they aer too big and boaty and heavy... maybe an SS could compete in the power boat race's
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: drifting on TV now ! Sun, 13 March 2005 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL power boat races

yeah i just watched it too, well it's a start... I mean it should mark the beginning of Drift being known as as actual competitive sport/artform, so it wasn't too bad considering how long us guys have followed it. Twas really strange seeing something you'd only watch on DVD's and going out to watch in real life, but kinda cool turnin the TV on to cars going sideways Very Happy

GO Beau! Hachi go!
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: drifting on TV now ! Sun, 13 March 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
speedweek@ave.com.au

Thats speedweeks email if people want to request to see more dorifto on tv Wink

I found out some replay info:

"AUTOBARN DRIFT BATTLE goes to air this Sunday (March 13) at 12:00 noon on SBS Speedweek program.

As well as being seen by a national television audience of over 200,000 people, the show will be replayed on Inside Speed; (in Australia and New Zealand) on Fox Sports on Thursday March 17 at 7:30pm before being distributed internationally (to over 80 more countries) by a variety of free-to-air, cable and satellite television networks."

[Updated on: Sun, 13 March 2005 02:05]

TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: drifting on TV now ! Sun, 13 March 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i woudln't be surprised if aussies got into it and some bogans put in a Panda VK
inertia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: drifting on TV now ! Sun, 13 March 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually there was some VB's and VH's I think, battling it out at a drift practice night at calder the other week... was fun to watch.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: drifting on TV now ! Sun, 13 March 2005 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep early commodores at the practive at oran park on friday night also, and i know they were proper rally cars and the drivers have rally experience but you cant take that from them cause they were kicking ass. i know they werent as good as the pros in jap cars but on friday night, they dominated.
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: drifting on TV now ! Sun, 13 March 2005 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They also had a little bit of drifting on a show called blokesworld about a month ago.. funny as show but they didnt really show or give too much information about it...
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: drifting on TV now ! Sun, 13 March 2005 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whoever is knocking the commodores, i would really shut it, as buldger is also building a Drift Monaro, Drift Commodore of some type (SS maybe?) and two drift falcon XR6 Turbos, a ute and a sedan, he has already found one driver to pilot the Monaro (Jeremy Lake who drives the ex rally VB Commodore) and is looking for 3 more drivers, so domestic drift isnt going anywhere.

My personal taste sits with the Jap stuff but I really dont mind at all seeing the Capa Ute smoking the tyres at 100+ K's per hour, TRD Supra, i noticed you commented on the boatyness of the commodores drifting, well I drift a soarer and it wieghs in at about the same as a VR/VS commodore and yet with stiff suspension and a small amount of power i managed to do quite well.

People should not knock commodores from drift just because they have V8s and are family cars, if anything we should encourage it, as Holden and Ford are very large organisations and if they get involved you can be pretty sure its going to get very big very soon.

/end rant
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: drifting on TV now ! Sun, 13 March 2005 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deleted

[Updated on: Sun, 13 March 2005 14:52]

riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: drifting on TV now ! Sun, 13 March 2005 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for once Mooley you made a good point Razz

yeh dont be a closed minded anti bogan,ur basically replicating the same stupidity shown when the nissans started to dominate in Bathurst..Id like to see it all take of and the broader the makes of cars doing it the more entertaining it will be allround..
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: drifting on TV now ! Sun, 13 March 2005 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
riceburna73 wrote on Mon, 14 March 2005 01:26

for once
yeh dont be a closed minded anti bogan,ur basically replicating the same stupidity shown when the nissans started to dominate in Bathurst

but you see the difference here is that the nissans DID dominate and the capa ute isnt dominating anything. He talks big but doesnt back it up. I dont think anyone hates him because of the car he drives but more because of his arogant attitude. just for the record, if he was in a full dspec jzx100 and still spoke crap, i still wouldnt respect him
toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: drifting on TV now ! Sun, 13 March 2005 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think that some ppl have a thing against holdens and such drifting because they have shit against rice and jap cars.

and personally i use to think fuc holden ect but i dont so much now, and i dont really care so much if they get into drifting ect because it is all about set up etc and having fun but when ppl still have attitudes about holden and jap car's that is wat piss's me off
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: drifting on TV now ! Sun, 13 March 2005 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Sun, 13 March 2005 12:48

Anyone tape it, or know when speedweek gets re-run?

Yep i did...

bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: drifting on TV now ! Mon, 14 March 2005 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn you mikey why didnt u mention this before!

hook us up!
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: drifting on TV now ! Mon, 14 March 2005 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Mon, 14 March 2005 00:44

whoever is knocking the commodores, i would really shut it

I wasnt bagging commodores, i was bagging bolgers attitude towards jap cars, is all. Lol i did call him a dickhead tho... now maybe he will ring my mobile and hassle me too? roflmao
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: drifting on TV now ! Mon, 14 March 2005 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
give me a jap car anyday but i know id MUCH rather hear an angry V8 bouncing off the limiter (all be it about 4000rpm haha) around a corner with tonnes of smoke than that fukin annoying sound of a jap car on and off the throttle with the psshht's happening.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: drifting on TV now ! Mon, 14 March 2005 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Mon, 14 March 2005 19:26

MR 1GGTE wrote on Mon, 14 March 2005 00:44

whoever is knocking the commodores, i would really shut it

I wasnt bagging commodores, i was bagging bolgers attitude towards jap cars, is all. Lol i did call him a dickhead tho... now maybe he will ring my mobile and hassle me too? roflmao

the comment wasnt aimed at you champ Wink

but i will call you on the phone and hassle you if you like it like that Laughing
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: drifting on TV now ! Mon, 14 March 2005 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id like to see Xr6 turbos + SS's mixing it up with jap cars in Oz drift ..

Gives us something else to look at besides Ae86's in minority or bloody nissans !

And if memory serves me right - didnt a QLD-er in all things a VN SS totally dominate a queensland competition recently with an impressive display ( didnt see it - just saw it mentioned in threads here ) ??

Maybe it might inspire a little bit of cross manufacturer rivalry and bring more to the " sport " + not have black or white manufacturer wars like V8 supercars
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: drifting on TV now ! Mon, 14 March 2005 21:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rofl Laughing
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: drifting on TV now ! Mon, 14 March 2005 21:34 Go to previous message
bathurst-91 wrote on Mon, 14 March 2005 19:45

damn you mikey why didnt u mention this before!

hook us up!

Dude i sent you & slutty a txt message! Twisted Evil Laughing

I still have it on tape so i'll keep it & give it to you next time we meet up?... Confused Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:how many k's
Next Topic:decent workshops in adelaide (not performance)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 01:12:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0091679096221924 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.