Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
battery relocation search help Sun, 13 March 2005 13:03 Go to next message
hey guys, im bout to start my battery relocation and need help. NO this is not a battery relocation how to question but rather a little while back tere was a thread bout battery relocation and the more to the point of positive wiring.

iv been searching but cant find the thread and wanted to know if anyone here remembers the thread. it was about a positive distribution board that people were running straight from the starter motor, ie, positive to starter and then starter to the board and the board fed the rest of the positive points in the car.

anyway i cant find the thread and wanted help finding it. in the thread there was a bit of feedback from WITZL so WITZL if your out there and remember the thread could you give us a hand please mate?????? you had a couple pics of the board up in this thread

cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: battery relocation search help Sun, 13 March 2005 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is this the one you're talking about?

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=60902&rid=3931&S=7f2eb79217eb94838d215c4 29897a436&pl_view=&start=0#msg_560667
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: battery relocation search help Sun, 13 March 2005 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah champ it was a few months ago this thread. thanks anway

iv seen and read all the threads about what to do and how to do it and seen everyones thread, but the thread im after was to prevent running 2 positive witers to the rear of the car.

if i cant find it then i might just run the 2 to the rear but i really want to find this thread cause it allowed to connect everything that required to go to battery +ve to connect to this board instad hence reducing wire lengths and pulling the carpet every time you need to run soomething.

i could just make one up but im not sure if there was any fusing on the board which is why i am after the thread
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: battery relocation search help Sun, 13 March 2005 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You're making this way more complicated than it needs to be.

1. Big bastard cable from battery to starter (via circuit breaker).
2. Smaller cable from starter to distribution post (essentially a threaded stud on a plastic base)
3. Run everything else from there, ie the stuff that used to be attached to the battery +ve terminal.

That's all you need. I'm not sure where you got these ideas about boards and fuses and pulling carpet up.
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: battery relocation search help Sun, 13 March 2005 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Mon, 14 March 2005 01:19

You're making this way more complicated than it needs to be.

1. Big bastard cable from battery to starter (via circuit breaker).
2. Smaller cable from starter to distribution post (essentially a threaded stud on a plastic base)
3. Run everything else from there, ie the stuff that used to be attached to the battery +ve terminal.

That's all you need. I'm not sure where you got these ideas about boards and fuses and pulling carpet up.

so thats basically it? cool i wasnt too sure thats why i was looking for that thread... hhhhhmmmmmmmmm now i gotta make up a distribution point... can you but a distribution post/board?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: battery relocation search help Sun, 13 March 2005 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
norbie's right - I have 1 fat arse cable from battery to starter (you're probably thinking of my thread actually). I'm yet to buy my distribution block (also apparently called a "buzz bar"), as it's hard to find suppliers.
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: battery relocation search help Mon, 14 March 2005 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate if you find one i want one... count me in on the spot and ill pay you once you let me know!!!!!

honestly i dont know who started the thread but it was a while ago now
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: battery relocation search help Mon, 14 March 2005 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ditto if you find one.
main problem is lots of the battery relocation stuff is for marine purposes, and any dist block for marine purposes is fused
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: battery relocation search help Mon, 14 March 2005 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/beradg/IMG_0181_1.jpg

like that i had a close up but i lost it somewhere
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: battery relocation search help Mon, 14 March 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This thread?
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=45243&rid=4164&S=0ef1ac68636c376d4230d12 3c5d86d80&pl_view=&start=0#msg_num_0
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: battery relocation search help Mon, 14 March 2005 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Mon, 14 March 2005 13:29

This thread?
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=45243&rid=4164&S=0ef1ac68636c376d4230d12 3c5d86d80&pl_view=&start=0#msg_num_0

mate you are a legend indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how did you find? i swear i spent ages typing every possible word combination with no luck

thanks SSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much CrUZsida thats the one. i thought it was WITZL that was in it but i guess it was ed...

thanks guys
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: battery relocation search help Mon, 14 March 2005 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I knew it was Ed, and I know he hasn't posted much in the last year.
So I just went through his post history.
Got it on page 9.

Would have been about page 29 if I went through Norbie's.
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: battery relocation search help Mon, 14 March 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i thought it was WITZL... man thanks so much

also my brake upgrade is almost finished. should be on the car by end of week hopefully (unless i get lazy then it'll be next wek Laughing )

will put up a thread once done so keep an eye out guys for the final product with all pics
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: battery relocation search help Mon, 14 March 2005 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Mon, 14 March 2005 12:39

Are you calling me a whore? Razz
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: battery relocation search help Mon, 14 March 2005 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Mon, 14 March 2005 20:18

perHAPS

hahaha
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: battery relocation search help Mon, 14 March 2005 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmmpphhhh....
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: battery relocation search help Mon, 14 March 2005 23:56 Go to previous message
Norbie wrote on Mon, 14 March 2005 23:18

i would say more like a junkie!!!! a forums junkie that is Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:corolla 1200 badges on ebay
Next Topic:Best most reliable car ...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 21:18:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047459602355957 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.