Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Weird Crazyness Sun, 13 March 2005 13:13 Go to next message
I was driving home from uni when an asian lady was driving along beside me in a blue 93 camry. It was on Lane Cove Rd and she was just driftin into my lane and it looked like one of those things where drivers some times drift into another lane for a second or two then straighten themselves back up.
So I'm watching and then I keep watching as I see the front half of her car move right infront of me but I was able to brake in time to avoid any kind of accident.
I was so shocked and dismayed that I even forgot about honking. All I could think in my head was WTF?!
I think she was drifting over then decided she would lane change without indicating and bothering to check to see if there were other cars around.. Evil or Very Mad

On Olympic Drive in Lidcombe it happened again. I happened to look to my right and she (another asian lady) was coming into my lane ( I was in left, she was in middle lane) but I saw what she was going to do so I honked but it must've made her accelerate because then she zipped in front of me and again I had to brake. I had to come to a complete stop. Luckily the traffic behind me was pretty far away so everyone was able to change lanes to avoid me. I had to stop completely so I started again and my ae82 doesn't accelerate blisteringly fast and the old man dickhead behind me is honking me!! What an arsehole.

The next day on Joseph St some arsehole tried to get into the right lane so they could turn right (2 lane road) but realised they couldn't so sort of tried to come in, followed by me honking and then they swerved back into their lane. I glare at the driver of the car to my left who is smiling and waving who happens to be, you guessed it, an asian woman.

This happened right after I got my car. It's so freaky I'm not even angry. My friend doesn't drive and I asked her why and she goes "I'm scared. I'm a woman and I'm asian"
Laughing

I never really had any bad experiences before and thought what she said was a bit slack but now... Laughing
Just sharing my story Razz

I think it was just a run of freaky coincedances.
  Send a private message to this user    
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Weird Crazyness Sun, 13 March 2005 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think many people have week's where it seems everyone wants to hit you. I had a week where i was nearly side swiped or people locking up behind me or pulling out of streets without looking. I was nearly hit at least 5 times in 7 days, twice in the one day Shocked

There was a thread a long while ago about who's worse, asian or indian drivers, and there was something along the lines of "old asain women in volvo's make me wanna go home" Laughing
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Weird Crazyness Sun, 13 March 2005 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Had alot of people drifting into my lane recently, can't they even drive in straight line?

But my pet hate lately has been people who decide to turn left from the centre lane 'oh I couldn't possibly turn into that driveway from the kerb lane, think i'll just slow down in the middle of the highway' Happened to me at least 3 or 4 times in the past week...
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Weird Crazyness Sun, 13 March 2005 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm scared of female asian drivers too,

My Gf if filo and doesn't drive (thank god) she isn't very observant.

most of her friends are asian and have had some kinda of small accident or narrowly avoided one, they too are not very observant when it comes to driving.

[Updated on: Sun, 13 March 2005 13:55]

SLY-T18
Regular

Banned User

February 2005
Re: Weird Crazyness Sun, 13 March 2005 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It just makes me wonder how in the hell did they get their licence...
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Weird Crazyness Sun, 13 March 2005 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SLY-T18 wrote on Mon, 14 March 2005 01:14

It just makes me wonder how in the hell did they get their licence...

They go for it again and again and again.

One of the guys at work was telling me about his friend who went 18 times! FFS Find something your good at - like walking!
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Weird Crazyness Sun, 13 March 2005 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can vouch for the fact that asian women are horrendous drivers. Well, cept for my missus, she's a freak of nature. But my mum, aunties, sister, cousins etc should not be allowed on the road. They scare me.. and I wouldn't get into a car with them driving.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Weird Crazyness Sun, 13 March 2005 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yian wrote on Mon, 14 March 2005 08:00

I can vouch for the fact that asian women are horrendous drivers. Well, cept for my missus, she's a freak of nature. But my mum, aunties, sister, cousins etc should not be allowed on the road. They scare me.. and I wouldn't get into a car with them driving.

Yeah but you scare me aswell Razz jkn Smile
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Weird Crazyness Sun, 13 March 2005 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bah Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I'm not that bad am I?? That dirt road was your idea remember? Razz
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Weird Crazyness Sun, 13 March 2005 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehehhehe Laughing

shit i hope rob dosent read this he's seen/been in the car when i have done crazy shit

[Updated on: Sun, 13 March 2005 22:39]

joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Weird Crazyness Sun, 13 March 2005 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I went to a high school that was about 90% asian, and we used to have great fun every afternoon watching the school carpark. 40-50 asian parents, all entering and leaving the one tiny school carpark, all inside 15 minutes.

I swear, it was better than watching the V8 supercars after it rains.

Bumps and nudges were a daily affair, occasionally a more noticeable crunch, and perhaps once a week or so a propper smash.

And the crazy thing is, they'd all just smile and wave to eachother out the window, and then keep on going! They'd never even stop! Made fantastic afternoon entertainment.
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Weird Crazyness Mon, 14 March 2005 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've driven for a month in the past 2 years so when (if ) I get back to it I should be in for some shockers that are owed to me. Mind you i get into a car with just about anyone these days and it scares me more than when I was driving often.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Weird Crazyness Tue, 15 March 2005 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All the asian drivers in Australia are fairly sedate compared to how they drive in their own countries.

You should see the driving styles and resultant traffic & accidents in Shenzhen China.
Crossing the road over there even at traffic lights and zebra crossings can be a major health hazard.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Weird Crazyness Tue, 15 March 2005 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What zebra crossing? While I was there with my missus at the end of last year, I don't beleive people there knew what a zebra crossing was.. We almost got killed about 7 times trying to cross the roads. Oh.. and 1 way roads. There is no such thing. Even on 1 way roads, there are cars going in 3 different directions.
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Weird Crazyness Tue, 15 March 2005 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have footage of traffic from the philippines ITS CRAZY, there's no such thing as a oneway street, just fit as many cars either way as you can.

But the whole time I was there I didn't see one car with signs of an accident.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Weird Crazyness Tue, 15 March 2005 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
has anyone tried driving down Rowe Street in Eastwoo without having an accident? Very Happy
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Weird Crazyness Tue, 15 March 2005 08:01 Go to previous message
Yian wrote on Tue, 15 March 2005 12:03

What zebra crossing? While I was there with my missus at the end of last year, I don't beleive people there knew what a zebra crossing was.. We almost got killed about 7 times trying to cross the roads. Oh.. and 1 way roads. There is no such thing. Even on 1 way roads, there are cars going in 3 different directions.

I love the frequency they cut each other off over there... every time the steering wheel is moved greater than 5 degrees it involves cutting someone else off.

I reckon they should send people from Australia who have bad road rage to China... they would either relax a bit on the roads or reduce the population of China significantly.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:THIS. Is how you ride a scooter.
Next Topic:remove
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 09:34:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061271190643311 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.